Newbie 2104 | Wikipedia Articles | Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He Him

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:37 pm

Post by Wayward Son »

In post 504, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 503, kkirigiri wrote:
In post 499, ceejayvinoya wrote:Now look here. If I'm mafia, the least I could have done yesterday is wait for a cc or something, and THEN hammer Sterling.

I would have at least wanted some info in exchange for a doomed partner or something.

Sure this certainly doesn't auto clear me, that's fine, but I just want to say I'm no dumbass and would certainly try to play optimally whenever I can.
Why did you hammer Sterling, out of curiosity?
It was mostly peer pressure, ngl.

I also scumread him and thought his claim was fake, so I would have voted him anyway once someone cced.
This was ceejay's last post, the last half sounds like it was made from a scum's point of view, to me.
Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:24 am

Post by Wayward Son »

In post 738, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Game looks spicy from a quick skim.
I can think of several games where scum have used the term "spicy" early on. Not hard evidence, Town
could
use the term too.

I may be Confbiasing and reading things wrong, but my vote stays.
Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:45 am

Post by Wayward Son »

In post 760, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I've read 6 pages and we can honestly just elim Wayward and win the game, no?
I think everyone would like to hear more about this theory, at least I would.

Am I your only suspect? Which Townies would you want to go into Tomorrow with?

I think we can end this Today.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:42 am

Post by Maestro »

TFW I mean this w all due respect, stop Appealing to Emotion by hamming up the “I’m different so nobody’s reading me well and this game is frustrating just kill me if you think I’m a baddie” bc that rly makes you look wooooorse friend

Why is it BBT or WS? for me it’s between BBT and WS, if it’s you or catboi well done I guess, but like, come back to game and be less self-pitying and more scum-hunting plz? I don’t think it’s catboi and I don’t think others will vote them today unless you put together convincing shit

WS going after BBT makes me want to narrow possibilities for today; you 2 that are more active we could sort tomorrow if we need to, one of these relative unknowns need to die today; too many wild cards in this game
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:43 am

Post by Maestro »

First part is @ TWF not whoever TFW is
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:45 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 777, Wayward Son wrote:
In post 760, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I've read 6 pages and we can honestly just elim Wayward and win the game, no?
I think everyone would like to hear more about this theory, at least I would.

Am I your only suspect? Which Townies would you want to go into Tomorrow with?

I think we can end this Today.
Agreed on all counts even if I POE to both of you, honestly UNVOTE:

I will vote you BBT, I will
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: he

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:57 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 766, catboi wrote:Uhh...did you mean to type something there and forget to?

I replied twice and it said My message was successful. So I have no idea why it didn't go through...

YOu don't get to have it both ways. Either my therory about faust being left alive so they can be framed and thus hanged the next day is bupkus because according to oyu its never been done here (read unconventional at least for this site), or its not.

But what I will say is I'm about done replying to you. Its not worth the blood pressure meds.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:04 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 778, Maestro wrote:TFW I mean this w all due respect, stop Appealing to Emotion by hamming up the “I’m different so nobody’s reading me well and this game is frustrating just kill me if you think I’m a baddie” bc that rly makes you look wooooorse friend

Why is it BBT or WS? for me it’s between BBT and WS, if it’s you or catboi well done I guess, but like, come back to game and be less self-pitying and more scum-hunting plz? I don’t think it’s catboi and I don’t think others will vote them today unless you put together convincing shit

WS going after BBT makes me want to narrow possibilities for today; you 2 that are more active we could sort tomorrow if we need to, one of these relative unknowns need to die today; too many wild cards in this game
Out of the two. I would prefer to hang BBT. Wayward at the very least is posting and talking. BBT has promised to read and post for two days now and weve gotten what 2 posts from them?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:40 am

Post by Maestro »

BBT being a “too-easy” compromise at this point worries me lol but that slot has don’t Jack shit all game so
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:40 am

Post by Maestro »

*has done Jack shit
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:15 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 783, Maestro wrote:BBT being a “too-easy” compromise at this point worries me lol but that slot has don’t Jack shit all game so

Valid concern. Having people come into a game in the middle is....different. I thought doing it during D1 was the extent of it. I'm used to folks who go crazily inactive just getting removed from the game. Sucks when its a power townie or a baddie because it effects the games outcome.

But for the sake of argument. If what I've read is true (and I have my doubts on that), this game is proving harder than most to solve. At least we have catboi on 2 instances claiming the game ends when we hang so and so. First with faust, now with me. Assuming for the moment he was ardent in his belief both times, that leads me down a bit of a rabbit hole but stick with me.

What if we can't get a handle on the last baddie because of the following 2 reasons?

1. Players are coming and going like its Grand Central Station.
2. No one inhabiting that role has posted.

Its not in me to lurk, but given the nature of how that slot has been replaced so often, I can see someone lowkeying hoping to outlast things.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:23 am

Post by Maestro »

Wait what?

Why would you call catboi out for that so openly and not me? If that was your plan, or Scum’s plan, by keeping him alive I would be perfect target for that argument too, but that only makes me feel kinship w catboi not think they’re Scum lol

Bad argument, like catastrophically bad. Town can make mistakes and feel strongly about reads
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:30 am

Post by Maestro »

no this game isn’t super harder to solve than most (*insert grumbling about the setup solving I wanted to do in my first game w the “new” setup*), but inactivity is a bitch that’s for sure

Also, really want to mention: I find it much more likely that Scum would be “actively lurking” and staying in-game but relatively under the radar, like you for example, until recently, rather than allow themselves to be replaced for their strategy of Actually Lurking. Worth mentioning, especially if you’re an SE, you also shouldn’t be tactically replacing out of a game, which is what could be argued if that slot had to suffer having as rough a partner as Sterling’s D1 ended up being.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:50 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

I mean, I am town and we can just elim Wayward and win.

Allow me to show you a single post that makes Wayward's slot scum.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:58 am

In post 130, Fennec wrote:
I only recognise Catboi, but as I haven't been on this site for long at all and half the players here are also new, that was kinda only expected to know 1-2 people.

Reads and bullshit like that
Everyone else not listed: Has done the equivalent of fuck all content, so reads = Basically impossible for them

Sterling - Possibly Town -
Doesn't give off scum vibes at all, just gives off
Town Dumbass
vibes. Still too early to call him specifically
Town
yet. (Your not a dumbass, but compared to everyone else, you'd be specifically the most clueless)

Kiri - Possibly Town -
Currently seems like a reasonable person. In general, voting my predecessor wasn't a shit move I'll give you that, but they didn't really send much besides that so still not giving me fully
Town
vibes. For now, I consider you as well, You can see the thing next to your name.

Maestro -
Can't read you currently,
but kinda confused on the whole,
Scum
pm thing. Faustiv, I don't agree nor disagree with your idea with this guy being
Town,
but would be nice to have a slightly bigger explanation of the
Supposed Townness
of that thing.

Catboi/Thynhith - I want to see more between these two. to me, this could be
TvT
but to me, it seems more likely that this is a
T
v
M
, but there needs to be more interaction to gauge this.

Oh and yes, I'm gonna continue to color shit as much as possible because why the fuck not
Everybody read this post, knowing what you now, and tell me this slot is town.

Couple of things to note; Read on Sterling is 'possible town' however they 'don't give off any scum vibes at all.' This doesn't gel, Fennec didn't want to call his buddy outright town because his play had been horrific to that point but he wanted to call him town enough that he a) didn't have to push him and b) could try and alleviate some pressure.

Additionally, there is the appeasement of Kkiri. I feel like Kkiri had their finger on the pulse of the game and I liked their early posting. is a beauty. isn't bad either. It's also relevant that the first two reads Fennec thought about explaining were these two.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:18 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 787, Maestro wrote:no this game isn’t super harder to solve than most (*insert grumbling about the setup solving I wanted to do in my first game w the “new” setup*), but inactivity is a bitch that’s for sure

Also, really want to mention: I find it much more likely that Scum would be “actively lurking” and staying in-game but relatively under the radar, like you for example, until recently, rather than allow themselves to be replaced for their strategy of Actually Lurking. Worth mentioning, especially if you’re an SE, you also shouldn’t be tactically replacing out of a game, which is what could be argued if that slot had to suffer having as rough a partner as Sterling’s D1 ended up being.

I highly doubt I'm under anyone's radar. It certainly doesn't feel like it.

Regarding your previous post and my "plan" You have to assume I actually had a plan I had to make.

Admittedly what I think the baddied strategy was here is exactly what I would have done (save the lecture on why this is a bad way to play please).

Faust was due some heat the day after Sterling hanged , Kill Thryn, which means he's exposed as hangable. Then hope the town hangs faust. Killing kkgirl who seems the most level headed of the lot (that was active). Then hope to survive to the end.

That said. If I indeed was the perpetrator of said plan. You then need to believe I idiotically told you my masterplan like I'm a James Bond villain
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:51 pm

Post by Maestro »

I… don’t know what to say to you TWF but yeah, BBT I’ve had my eye on that post for forever don’t worry. But now I’m worried it’s youuuuuuuuuu bc you didn’t have to do shiiiiiiit this game just let other ppl be shittier
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:28 pm

Post by thewingfan »

In post 791, Maestro wrote:I… don’t know what to say to you TWF but yeah, BBT I’ve had my eye on that post for forever don’t worry. But now I’m worried it’s youuuuuuuuuu bc you didn’t have to do shiiiiiiit this game just let other ppl be shittier
TO be fair you are the one who asked me to try. I get my opinions are unpopular and you all think I'm shite at this.

I still don't understand how setting up a townie to take the fall for the nk of another townie isn't a strategy here. Its the only thing that makes sense to me. I mean you can go 2 for 1 if you do it right.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:05 pm

In post 791, Maestro wrote:I… don’t know what to say to you TWF but yeah, BBT I’ve had my eye on that post for forever don’t worry. But now I’m worried it’s youuuuuuuuuu bc you didn’t have to do shiiiiiiit this game just let other ppl be shittier
It's really not me. I'll contribute more soon, now that I have some time this weekend, but that post was pretty awful.
thewingfan
thewingfan
he
Townie
thewingfan
he
Townie
Townie

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:56 am

Post by thewingfan »

In post 793, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
It's really not me. I'll contribute more soon, now that I have some time this weekend, but that post was pretty awful.
And with that I'm done. Mod can find someone new. I'm tired of this. Peace out folks.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:00 am

I'm sorry? My post wasn't even about you...
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:13 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 794, thewingfan wrote:
In post 793, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
And with that I'm done. Mod can find someone new. I'm tired of this. Peace out folks.
With all due respect, any criticism levied at you or Sterling even, this game, is not done out of malice or intended shittiness… it is always a game
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:26 am

Post by catboi »

In post 767, Wayward Son wrote:
In post 757, catboi wrote:I'm more looking for why you changed your mind, this doesn't really tell me that.
Surely you've read the exchange, it was only faüstiv's posts that made me doubt your Townieness.

I'm signing on and I'll be here for a few. Tomorrow is Veteran's Day and I'll be V/LA.

I'm catching up, but I think the voting pool should be us three. BBT, thewingfan and me.
Okay but, uh, faustiv flipped town so I don't know why that would remove the doubt...?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:41 am

Post by Maestro »

I didn’t even notice that post, lmao Wayward of COURSE the only possible elims today are you 3, I’m not going anywhere and I’m probably not voting catboi tbh so
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:42 am

Post by catboi »

In post 774, Wayward Son wrote:
In post 85, ceejayvinoya wrote:I'd rather push Thynhith for now.
This whole post reminds me of posts I've made as scum. Notice the quoted.
In post 87, ceejayvinoya wrote:Gut feeling is I should probably look into faustiv more but I don't really feel like doing that yet.
Does a Townie ever say this?
In post 87, ceejayvinoya wrote:Another gut feeling is that your entrance felt rather awkward but looking back on it I think this is just how you post.
Or this.
In post 285, ceejayvinoya wrote:Woah thereee. It's annoying to see that instead of reasoning something out so he could see where you're coming from, you indirectly try to get other people involved to dodge the problem. Also nothing to say on fennec here?
I think this was an attempt to pour gas on a fire. He wanted faüstiv to be suspected.
In post 340, ceejayvinoya wrote:...It's not right but I actually like it. I'm annoyed that it makes sense if you look at this game from maybe his point of view.
I'm more and more convinced this is scum. I know BBT can't answer for any of this, but I think his slot is scum.

I have too many tabs open, I'm going to close them all and start again. :?
I'll say that while I don't especially like those posts I'm not really sure that stuff is all that damning and indicative of scum intent rather than being awkward/lazy. Like, I can see what you're saying about this stuff I just think it relies a bit too unfavorable interpretations of things he said, I can see why a townie might make that post toward faustiv, for instance. Really one of those cases where it might be helpful to do that meta dive I've been putting off.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”