Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:09 am

Post by Roden »

In post 207, The Bombay wrote:
In post 200, Bell wrote:Not sure if Luke is being too generous here with me.
I kinda hip shot you town based off of your interaction with Furtive. It was a combo of the tone feeling right, your conclusions on furtive being identical to my own, and you also immediately spot checking the flavor to match it with the claim.

Have not really circled back to looking at you since then.

I can pretend to scum read you though it you want
This. I think the attention to detail is +town, whereas I think scum is more likely to see a Miller claim and just groan and move on.
N.Y. M
N.Y. M
They
Townie
N.Y. M
They
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: They

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:11 am

Post by N.Y. M »

In post 325, Frogsterking wrote:

NYM's secret: they're probably Town.
I only came here to say you're my new favorite person.

- Rhae/Martin
Nancy/Yume/Mastina hydra
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:08 am

Post by Bell »

There needs to be a word for reciprocative town reads.
Roden feels town so far.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:09 am

Post by Andresvmb »

I’m picking up my prod. Sorry, I’ve been a little busier than I expected. I’m reading now.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:35 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 233, Frogsterking wrote:I read Kookaburra as a wrongly accused Townie though I went back and forth on them. I think being defensive is NAI because they are getting pushed hard. I currently expect Kookaburra to flip Town and that they are a counterwagon to save Flavia. I think Penguin's vote hop onto Kookaburra was sketch. I'm expecting andres to stumble in here and vote Kookaburra.
I don’t think Kokabiel is Scum. Not sure why you would think I would put that vote down (I found to be Town indicative). I need to be persuaded Flavia is Scum some more, but I think you’re onto something there.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:42 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 244, Flavia wrote:
In post 232, Passenger wrote:ything, Kokabiel’s continued doubling down is scummy - scum try to win arguments, town try to gauge alignment.

Yes, but they also want to not get elim, so in my mind, it doesn't help them much to continue with an argument that's either not that popular or could make them look bad whem/if it leads to a miselim.

Sort of why I actually think unfortunately, frogsterking is more likely town here.
@Frogsterking, I’ll give you an example of what I think is a Scum tell, and you tell me what you think. I tend to get quickly irritated with other players (as Town myself) when I get SR forcefully. I have defaulted most recently towards assuming it’s bad Town, but I have been on the other side of Scum pushing me recently (i.e. last completed game) even though I think I have proven really consistently that I’m almost impossible to get across the finish line without a massive concerted effort by the entire Scum Team (I have yet to be mis-executed in 28 games in this forum before Endgame). Here, Flavia, as a result of your consistent push (and long posts discrediting them pretty hard), just makes a defeated sounding post saying that you’re unfortunately Town (implying you’re wrong on them). There’s no immediate reason for me to think they react like I would, but I tend to approach SRs against me as Scum in the same way - in a conciliatory way.
Passenger
Passenger
He/him
Goon
Passenger
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:56 am

Post by Passenger »

In post 224, furtiveglance wrote:Town (most to least): The Bombay, Frogsterking, Passenger, DeasVail, JohnnyFarrar, Herta, Flavia, PenguinPower

Therefore a POE of 5:
Andres - done nothing really
Bell - feels a bit sus like I said earlier
Kokabiel - I don't really like 218, seems to have scum mindset on the brain talking about me 'pocketing' The Bombay and then goes and says 'I really like Passenger because he is always engaging and is thinking about stuff from multiple angles' but yeah hmm
NYM - done nothing, don't like the vote on Flavia which was unexplained. I think Flavia seems quite natural so far.
Star Power - done nothing. I don't really think their opening was scummy but just lack of posting so in the poe.
This is just a lazy readlist. furtive’s townreads are the players who have posted the most, the scumreads are the players who have posted the least. Players like Herta and PenguinPower have done about as much as all the players who haven’t posted, yet they’re outside of the PoE.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:59 am

Post by DeasVail »

I can't really put my finger on the issue I have with kokabiel, but the snark just feels... off. Almost like it's aimed at appearing a certain way rather than seeming like actual genuine responses to me. is an example, and more recently , , . But I'm not sure what to make of the moonlight dancer thing. Does koka think that this is clearing? If they do, then do I expect more attempt from scum to at least look like they're solving? I'm not sure.

At some point I do want to read through NYM's posts but I'm too sleep deprived for that right now
Passenger
Passenger
He/him
Goon
Passenger
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:00 am

Post by Passenger »

In post 229, Kokabiel wrote:I'm not answering any questions from useless baggage anymore so Tell me if you want a claim
Peace out till i see something scummy or a question from someone who actually is doing stuff.
This strongly reads as scum trying to AtE rather than genuinely annoyed town. Kokabiel asks if anyone wants her to claim, but the rest of her recent posts don’t give off a vibe of annoyance or anger.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:04 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 356, Passenger wrote:
In post 224, furtiveglance wrote:Town (most to least): The Bombay, Frogsterking, Passenger, DeasVail, JohnnyFarrar, Herta, Flavia, PenguinPower

Therefore a POE of 5:
Kokabiel - I don't really like 218, seems to have scum mindset on the brain talking about me 'pocketing' The Bombay and then goes and says 'I really like Passenger because he is always engaging and is thinking about stuff from multiple angles' but yeah hmm
NYM - done nothing, don't like the vote on Flavia which was unexplained. I think Flavia seems quite natural so far.
Star Power - done nothing. I don't really think their opening was scummy but just lack of posting so in the poe.
This is just a lazy readlist. furtive’s townreads are the players who have posted the most, the scumreads are the players who have posted the least. Players like Herta and PenguinPower have done about as much as all the players who haven’t posted, yet they’re outside of the PoE.
So you accuse me of going off post count, then immediately show that I haven't done that with counterexamples.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:12 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 358, Passenger wrote:
In post 229, Kokabiel wrote:I'm not answering any questions from useless baggage anymore so Tell me if you want a claim
Peace out till i see something scummy or a question from someone who actually is doing stuff.
This strongly reads as scum trying to AtE rather than genuinely annoyed town. Kokabiel asks if anyone wants her to claim, but the rest of her recent posts don’t give off a vibe of annoyance or anger.
I agree.
<(") | (")>
Passenger
Passenger
He/him
Goon
Passenger
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:22 am

Post by Passenger »

In post 242, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 209, The Bombay wrote:Frog, if you are getting the feeling that Flavia is scummy, while also getting the feeling that she feels isolated. Why is your conclusion "she is the most active groupcum" and not "she seems like 3p"?
Because what I pointed out in my big post are groupscum tells. I think 3rd parties read more like Townies who are underperforming.
In post 241, Passenger wrote:
In post 235, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 234, Passenger wrote:
In post 172, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 170, furtiveglance wrote:I townread Passenger
Congrats, you have now ensured your survival to endgame.

(I'm half-joking, you may be right for all I know, it feels a little presumptive to me though)
Let me get this straight. furtive’s townread on me is presumptive, but your team solve with me in it is not presumptive?
You aren't in my team solve. *snap snap* sharpen up.
I was definitely in your team solve when you made that post.
Touché.
Ever heard of this? https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... 8.2B1.0.29

Yes you have, because you just posted about it saying Flavia was doing it.
Passenger
Passenger
He/him
Goon
Passenger
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:25 am

Post by Passenger »

In post 359, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 356, Passenger wrote:

Therefore a POE of 5:
So you accuse me of going off post count, then immediately show that I haven't done that with counterexamples.
No? Penguin and Herta had posted a decent amount, but 90% of it was fluff that is not enough to warrant
a pass. The exception is Kokabiel, but she was being heavily pushed by Frogster. In fact, the only trace of original thought is your scumread on Bell.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:12 am

Post by Bell »

I am extremely confused regarding kokabiel.
I wanna know what their role does.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:17 am

Post by Bell »

Personally, I'm okay with Furtive's only original thought being wrong. *snicker*
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:21 am

Post by PenguinPower »

You’ve already seen what their role does though they have stated a passive ability on yeet that is not vengeful. Let’s yeet them and see what it is!
<(") | (")>
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:24 am

Post by Bell »

VOTE: Kokabiel
I will miss them and their surly attitude.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:28 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 306, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 305, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 302, N.Y. M wrote:And you pivoted away from the Flavia case you wrote.

Why shouldn't I, with my suspicion of Flavia, think that you writing a good case on Flavia and then discarding it when Flavia is gaining momentum to push elsewhere, is you distancing Flavia but avoiding committing to the hard bus?
Because that's the dumbest scum play I've ever heard and makes no sense whatsoever from an Informed perspective?
Flavia was the largest wagon at 4 votes when I decided to push Passenger and Kookaburra hadn't even joined yet. This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard :lol:

I think the N.Y.M slot is probably scum here :lol:

Well played mastina, you had me going for a second after I read your first post.
I don’t think it’s completely outside of mastina’s Scum range to post that long explanation about their philosophy, which actually clarifies quite well what my experience with their slot has been. But my first reaction to it wouldn’t be what you have posted here. You basically demanded an explanation for their perspective on why you might be Scum distancing. They provided it by going into specific detail as to how they tend to approach games, and why your interactions and subsequent pívot produced the read they put down. I’m not going to sit here and say that I make reads in the same way - I don’t. I look for behavioral clues to start, and I tend to make up my mind not by interacting directly but by trying to pinpoint Town, and seeing who is pushing those slots or related slots. But the explanation isn’t completely ridiculous, so this minimizing you’re engaged in isn’t convincing to me. Like after that post, I would almost argue N.Y. M should stick around for a day, not be pushed towards the guillotine. But that’s me.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:34 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 310, Frogsterking wrote:I don't believe that

1) mastina is pushing me because they actually think I'm distancing from Flavia.
2) the TfT game is so forgettable they can barely remember it.
3) is a Town post. It seems to be written mostly about things unrelated to the game in a way that scum do when they aren't sure what to say.

I think it's more likely that the scum team is something like N.Y.M/Passenger/andres and I've scared them sufficiently enough by including their names in my solves that they feel compelled to attack my slot.

@andres
if I'm wrongly accusing you again I'm sorry but if you look at your ISO you can see why I would be suspicious that you're distancing from Passenger.
Well I’m not exactly attacking your slot. I’ve changed my stance towards your slot specifically because I think it works better (if you’re Town) to simply interact with your ideas and show you my work. So I’m engaging as best as I can with you without getting too defensive about your (yes, wrong) read of my slot. I have made this post multiple times but I’ll do it again - I start slow. I like to make reads from the background that are not contaminated by my voice. I have also taken a step back from playing too much Mafia because my life has gotten busier.

I also think you will find that I don’t distance by plopping votes on my Partners. I think I’m far more likely to put a vote down for a Partner if they’re under immense pressure. I don’t think there was a lot of pressure on Passenger when I placed my vote. So I don’t think the association argument you’re making makes much sense. But I obviously know my alignment.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:08 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 357, DeasVail wrote:I can't really put my finger on the issue I have with kokabiel, but the snark just feels... off. Almost like it's aimed at appearing a certain way rather than seeming like actual genuine responses to me. is an example, and more recently , , . But I'm not sure what to make of the moonlight dancer thing. Does koka think that this is clearing? If they do, then do I expect more attempt from scum to at least look like they're solving? I'm not sure.

At some point I do want to read through NYM's posts but I'm too sleep deprived for that right now
I re-read Kokabiel’s ISO and though I’m actually not sure if on balance the slot is Scummy or not, I agree with this 100%. In that, Kokabiel is coming across as overly sour for no good reason. Like their fight with The Bombay seems almost manufactured.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:10 am

Post by Andresvmb »

@mastina, please re-evaluate your read of me. It’s going to look embarrassing over time.
Kokabiel
Kokabiel
Townie
Kokabiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:22 am

Post by Kokabiel »

I wasn't expecting much but damn do i still feel disappointed by the lack of concrete reads.
Apart from Catguin who i'm 90% certain is scum, I'm not that confident with the other scum reads.
Lack of content is everywhere so it's not even a scumtell.
Fraudsterking and passenger are town. Furtive claimed miller so it's unlikely as well.
Other scum well...
Johnny and Flavia would be my best guesses right now.
Alternatives to them: Deas, N.Y.M.
Mastina isn't crazy enough to be town yet, but it's still early to tell
Still want to scumread Marci, but it might just be saltiness over being owned and her awful character at this point. Liking Luke for town.
N.Y. M
N.Y. M
They
Townie
N.Y. M
They
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: They

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:38 am

Post by N.Y. M »

In post 371, Kokabiel wrote:I wasn't expecting much but damn do i still feel disappointed by the lack of concrete reads.
Apart from Catguin who i'm 90% certain is scum, I'm not that confident with the other scum reads.
Lack of content is everywhere so it's not even a scumtell.
Fraudsterking and passenger are town. Furtive claimed miller so it's unlikely as well.
Other scum well...
Johnny and Flavia would be my best guesses right now.
Alternatives to them: Deas, N.Y.M.
Mastina isn't crazy enough to be town yet, but it's still early to tell
Still want to scumread Marci, but it might just be saltiness over being owned and her awful character at this point. Liking Luke for town.
VOTE: Kokabiel

Splitting up reads based off of different hydra heads is extremely suss to me. I’m thinking that Koka and Flavia are unaligned here. Still dislike Passenger but it strikes me as being pretty disingenuous to split reads on Bombay and completely ignore my input.

And Deas has been really townie, so that alone is whack.

~Nancy
Nancy/Yume/Mastina hydra
Kokabiel
Kokabiel
Townie
Kokabiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:53 am

Post by Kokabiel »

In post 259, PenguinPower wrote:VOTE: kokabiel
In post 256, RH wrote:
Kokabiel is an
Advocate
!
In post 262, PenguinPower wrote:it be scum
In post 271, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 270, Frogsterking wrote:I'll eat my socks.
like - with any seasoning or sauce, or just plain socks?
In post 285, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 284, Kokabiel wrote:It's a Moonlight dancer with an additional on-death trigger, and no it's sadly not a vengeful.
I claimed and gave out my reads so there is no info you can get from me apart from the flip. So y'all useless lazy town without any reads better start working. 4 Days remaining, you can always come back to finish the job.
What's a "moonlight dancer?"
Remember this slip after i flip.
Kokabiel
Kokabiel
Townie
Kokabiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:53 am

Post by Kokabiel »

In post 372, N.Y. M wrote: Splitting up reads based off of different hydra heads is extremely suss to me.
If you have 3 heads to make reads it makes perfect sense to me that you have 3X the weaknesses that comes along with it.
Well it makes sense that you want all the advantage's you have against solo players while disregarding the demerits that come alongside it.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”