NYM
Penguin
Flavia

DIDN'T REALIZE THEY WERE IN THIS GAME
Andres

SCUM
Koka
Passenger
Roden hasn't really been faking a read progression so he's still locked into this. My guess is that he's going to send it to Bell because some players still trust him since he's playing under the radar.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:44 am

Post by The Bombay »

Ngl, if no one confirms roden's message, my reaction will be to assume that his target was scum. Not that Roden was scum. Even if his role did not confirm him, this entire play is dripping in towniness.

But also, doubt that happens, because that outs his target as scum, because he can just... tell us who he targeted.

So I am just skipping the waiting and living my life as though who ever his target is has already confirmed him.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:47 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 550, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 345, Roden wrote:Off the cuff reads in no particular order:

TOWN
Bell
Bombay
DV
Furtive
Johnny
Frog
Herta

NULL
NYM
Penguin
Flavia

DIDN'T REALIZE THEY WERE IN THIS GAME
Andres

SCUM
Koka
Passenger
Roden hasn't really been faking a read progression so he's still locked into this. My guess is that he's going to send it to Bell because some players still trust him since he's playing under the radar.
Barring the message being revealed from someone sus, there may be some fake claim shenanigans going on. Like I said, I just finished conning a Town with Eiralox where we tricked Bella into claiming "Eiralox is 100% Town" by asking them to in a Mailman message, and then nightkilled them so Eiralox could claim he sent them a TFN message.

@Luke

I'm not going to resort to ad hominem this game because I don't want to be that kind of player and overall I think you're playing quite well, but I think you're propensity to trust Roden right now might be the death of us all because I think Passenger/Bell/Roden is an extremely tight team solve.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:50 am

Post by Herta »

I cannot confirm Roden.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:53 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 552, Frogsterking wrote:Barring the message being revealed from someone sus, there may be some fake claim shenanigans going on. Like I said, I just finished conning a Town with Eiralox where we tricked Bella into claiming "Eiralox is 100% Town" by asking them to in a Mailman message, and then nightkilled them so Eiralox could claim he sent them a TFN message.
Especially like if I can draw some comparison between Roden and myself and Luke, this might seem like a lot of work to a player like Luke who is good at faking interactions as scum, but for someone like me or Roden we are basically living or dying based on Town's willingness to Towncore or mech clear us for bad reasons.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:05 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 553, Herta wrote:I cannot confirm Roden.
Did you receive a Mailman message lol?

Here is why I'm weary of Roden's claim:
In post 1691, Bellaphant wrote:Tbf what frog has said has happened...
In post 1826, Bellaphant wrote:Erias town.
In post 2275, Aisa wrote:I promised a response to this.

Spoiler: Context
In post 2061, Aisa wrote:
In post 2049, Grib wrote:So you followed my suggestion to threaten to vote out Eiralox unless he claims. He squirmed and made excuses and left, which is pretty fucking fishy, and…you did the exact thing you said was a bad idea, which is pretend to threaten to kill him. How do you justify that?
Re: pretend to threaten to kill him:
This is one of the things that got lost in the fray and maybe I didn't communicate well, but at the time I voted Eira, I did so completely willing to eliminate them. And then I got spooked and unvoted.

I don't think I threatened to kill Eira after they left?

I am not in a position where I am thinking especially logically. You are within your rights to think this is an excuse or to find this frustrating.

UNVOTE:

Also, unfortunate fact, I have a commitment this evening and need to leave soon. I will make sure not to leave until I've cast a vote. I will also check in before the end of the day to provide a hammer if this is necessary.
In post 2064, Grib wrote:
In post 2061, Aisa wrote: And then I got spooked and unvoted.
Why?
In post 2066, Grib wrote:Tell me why you aren't willing to risk Eiralox's life when he is being antitown, avoiding committing to a claim, making up excuses, lashing out, and not giving reasons for scumreads despite being all too happy to vote me for FoS'ing him. Tell me why.
In post 2068, Aisa wrote:
In post 2064, Grib wrote:
In post 2061, Aisa wrote: And then I got spooked and unvoted.
Why?
Ugh, something about Bella seeming like she kinda wanted Eira to live, but I guess she did say herself she isn't sure what alignment they are.

VOTE: Not Mafia
Maybe Bella can shoot Eira or something.

I need to go. If I am alive tomorrow I will engage Grib, Eira, or whoever is alive that needs to be engaged with. I will make sure to write a proper case. As an exchange for this, I will be much less receptive to people trying to change my mind last-minute if we are in that situation, and reserve the right to not engage at deadline.
In post 2074, Grib wrote:
In post 2066, Grib wrote:Tell me why you aren't willing to risk Eiralox's life when he is being antitown, avoiding committing to a claim, making up excuses, lashing out, and not giving reasons for scumreads despite being all too happy to vote me for FoS'ing him. Tell me why.
I don't care what happens, Aisa needs to answer this next phase. Don't let her skip out on it.

Bella seemed pretty adamant that Eiralox shouldn't die and I thought that trumped other considerations. For example, did it seem like Eira was being antitown in a vacuum? Sure. Was Eira being antitown given Bella's behaviour around that slot? Not so clear. Did Eira lash out at you and me? Yeah and maybe that could have been handled differently somewhere, but that's not really something I usually read scumread.
In post 0, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Grib - Vanilla Townie - endgamed Day 4
Frogsterking - Mafia Doctor - survives and wins Day 4
Titus Eiralox - Mafia Mailman - survives and wins Day 4
Aisa - Vanilla Townie - endgamed Day 4
Elements - Vanilla Townie - endgamed Day 4
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:08 am

Post by The Bombay »

In post 552, Frogsterking wrote:@Luke

I'm not going to resort to ad hominem this game because I don't want to be that kind of player and overall I think you're playing quite well, but I think you're propensity to trust Roden right now might be the death of us all because I think Passenger/Bell/Roden is an extremely tight team solve.
In post 430, Frogsterking wrote:You claim to scumread Passenger and Townread me but most of your ISO looks motivated to shade my slot and cause the Kookaburra wagon to go through instead of the Passenger wagon.
Frog, I think that you are not re-evaluating Roden's actions in light of his ability reveal. Roden having an Advocate ability explains his focus on Koka over Passenger.

Further more, look at how he reacted to the claim
In post 386, Roden wrote:How did you activate your ability?
This looks like it was a trap question laid by a townie with that ability. His activation phrase was "Represent Residents," and he is checking to see if Koka's also has the word Resident baked into it.

----

Then there is the question of why activate at all here, if he is scum? He is not in any danager, and Koka is already building pressure. Scum him can just... let it play out.

Then there is the question of why would he lie to add a fake clear onto himself? Like, if he is scum, then that is a pure lie. I refuse to believe that he, as scum, is risking his slot on the chance that a townie would just believe him when he sent a message saying "Play along, and confirm me as town." I also don't think that he would tie himself so strongly to a buddy. Because if he does ever die, and that is not part of his role, down goes his buddy.

This plan has so much danger with both options, with very little benefit. He gets an elim on an already scum read slot, and he either tanks himself or ties himself to a partner.

I am sure that you are going to say that he was saving Passenger, but you are world building a scum team that is putting all of their eggs in one basket, where if even one of them ever dies, the whole team goes down, which is just... not how scum play.
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:11 am

Post by Herta »

In post 555, Frogsterking wrote:Did you receive a Mailman message lol?
Players denying it will help narrow it down.
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:12 am

Post by The Bombay »

In post 556, The Bombay wrote:Then there is the question of why would he lie to add a fake clear onto himself? Like, if he is scum, then that is a pure lie
To reword, even if he is scum with passenger, trying to save passenger, then he just... does not include the self clearing part.

He says he is an advocate. He says that Koka is lying about their flavor name since his flavor name is not advocate. And he says that Koka's flavor should explain why they have an advocate, and the fact that Koka checked a wiki means their flavor looks bad.

That is already enough to kill Koka, and does not need the fake "oh, and I also IC myself" lie that can immediately fall apart. AND this version lets him walk away from it. He just says "oh... wow, I really did not think that the mod would put proponent and advocate both in the same game"
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:13 am

Post by The Bombay »

VOTE: Koka
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:14 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 556, The Bombay wrote:Frog, I think that you are not re-evaluating Roden's actions in light of his ability reveal. Roden having an Advocate ability explains his focus on Koka over Passenger
It doesn't explain the primary reason why I am scumreading Roden: his shade and condescending tone, unbelievable reads list and seeming unwillingness to sort any slots over pushing an agenda.

Please read and again. I will reconsider and think about what you're saying, but I want you to also reconsider what I'm saying as well: this is the kind of play which players with my and Roden's playstyle are much more likely to attempt as scum than you would be because we can't rely on our ability to fake interactions with the Town.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:17 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 558, The Bombay wrote:does not include the self clearing part.
That's not true. I literally just gave you evidence to the contrary: I just attempted exactly what you're saying scum would never do and it caused my team to win the game. Please read and again and consider that your own skill as a scum player is causes you to make different choices than someone like Roden or I would
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:28 am

Post by Frogsterking »

@Bombay

In post 335, Roden wrote:
In post 44, The Bombay wrote:
In post 40, Flavia wrote:
In post 37, The Bombay wrote:
In post 10, Kokabiel wrote:
In post 7, Star Power wrote:Hello everyone! I am here, ready to be a shining light against the delegation!

VOTE: DeasVail
JUST the delegation?
I am kind of thinking that StarPower appearing to not know that there is a 3rd party makes them more likely to be town.

Seriously doubt that the actual 3rd party would not be too self-conscious to frame it that way, so imo town>scum>3rd party
But mafia can't collaborate with the 3rd party in this game. Everybody losses. So,
makes sense mafia would be as interested in this 3rd party as the town.
Or not that interested yet as the game just started.
This feels like you misunderstood. My point was that the mafia would be
more
cognizant of the existence of the 3rd party, while StarPower's post reads like someone who was not thinking about the existence of a 3rd party.

Therefore, town being the most likely alignment to make such a post.

Not the basis for a strong read, but as far as page 1 posts go, it is nice to have an inkling on someone

~Luke
I lied,
now
I'm gonna start reading. Liking this read from Luke, it has some depth and it's about what I expect for an early read from him.
Roden buttering up Luke by telling him his ideas have depth. Buttering up scum tell https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... 8.2B0.5.29
In post 337, Roden wrote:
In post 85, Kokabiel wrote:
In post 73, The Bombay wrote:VOTE: kokabiel

Spoiler:

-Marci
Awww how cute~
In post 77, The Bombay wrote: can you vote kokabiel

-marci
This, on the other hand, is NOT cute at all. I fail to see how calling acquaintances to join a... RVS? vote is town behavior.
I doubt scum would blatantly call their buddies like this so thats one association down.
In post 82, The Bombay wrote:
In post 80, DeasVail wrote: Why didn’t you ask me?
can you vote kokabiel?
Yuck. Can totes see this as a scum theater.
The scumminess in this post's tone is out of this world lmao. This is how you scum post when you want to appear like you don't care about getting scum read, the confidence is just too misplaced.

VOTE: Kokabiel
Roden making up a motive to vote Kookaburra "the scumminess is out of this world." Trying to discredit an obtown player for bad reason https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... 8.2B1.0.29
In post 340, Roden wrote:
In post 168, The Bombay wrote:
In post 89, Kokabiel wrote:The difference is that Marci invited you, whereas Dease invited himself. Marci can invite anyone, so how would that make it SvS?
I do agree with you that it felt weird when deasnails invited himself to your wagon like that, it felt like he was a pick me and just wanted to be on my side lol, but I didn't really pay that much attention at the time since I was more focused on you.
In post 142, Kokabiel wrote:
In post 128, Passenger wrote:
In post 85, Kokabiel wrote:
In post 77, The Bombay wrote: can you vote kokabiel

-marci
This, on the other hand, is NOT cute at all. I fail to see how calling acquaintances to join a... RVS? vote is town behavior
Why do you think it’s scum behavior?
The vote itself isn't bad, it's the fact that she is calling other people to join it. Pushing someone without any reason is dumb and anti-town.
While anti-town doesn't necessarily mean scum, it's the best thing i have right now and getting rid of people like this in absence of better alternatives is a great move.
I decided to scumread this instead of seeing it as bad town because i doubt she would make such a blunder as town.
pUsHiNg sOMeOnE wItHoUt aNy rEaSOn iS dUmB aNd aNtI-tOwN
first off, I did have a reason although it wasn't super solid. not sharing ≠ no reason. if you really cared enough you could've asked... instead you jumped to defensive lol
second, who are you? "i doubt she would make such a blunder as town." is a personal statement that implies you know a bit about me and how i play.... but thing is i've literally done this before :dead: so what bullshit tree are you trying to plant?
i'm willing to back down, but you aren't really showing me any reason at all as to why you could be town right now. Right now how I view you is kinda survivalistic.. like in the way I think 3p would be. It looks like you're just trying to shut
me
up since it seems like you scumread only me and not luke. :good: The fact that your only real reads are on people who've voted you isn't a good look. I think you overreacted for the amount of votes you
did
get.
In post 145, Kokabiel wrote:
In post 138, The Bombay wrote:S
Marci said she wanted to vote Koka because her iso was "beyond useless"
Marci please enlighten me with the amazing reads you got from pages 1-3. Luke has been doing all the lifting for you so far and i can't say i'm impressed even as a joke.
This reads snarky for...no reason..? I haven't even posted all day while being at work.. It did give me a moment of doubt ngl, but give me something to actually tr you on, anyone can do this as any alignment.
Maybe you should think about giving reads first before asking for them.

Originally I was going to vote for Flavia instead of you actually, but I thought more about it and decided it was more just playstyle differences.
Originally I didn't like froggie (for ) but after thinking about it and talking to luke I've decided to wait a bit on that before deciding. Though is still not best vibes IMO
Bells alright so far. Penguinpowers prob alright? I like Passenger the most.
^ These don't limit only to the first few pages, though looking at it reminds me of it. :oops:

Luke is right, it just seems like you aren't trying to get a better understanding of anything.

-Marci
Nice both heads are townie, I feel good about town locking this slot.
Buttering up the Bombay hydra AGAIN, this time by complimenting marci who is pathetically easy to pocket. https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... 8.2B0.5.29
In post 350, Roden wrote:
In post 207, The Bombay wrote:
In post 200, Bell wrote:Not sure if Luke is being too generous here with me.
I kinda hip shot you town based off of your interaction with Furtive. It was a combo of the tone feeling right, your conclusions on furtive being identical to my own, and you also immediately spot checking the flavor to match it with the claim.

Have not really circled back to looking at you since then.

I can pretend to scum read you though it you want
This. I think the attention to detail is +town, whereas I think scum is more likely to see a Miller claim and just groan and move on.
Buttering up Luke AGAIN by complimenting him for attention to detail. https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... 8.2B0.5.29

There is an obvious agenda from Roden to pocket the Bombay hydra and push the Kookaburra wagon through which is not explained by Roden's shitty conman-style fakeclaim.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:28 am

Post by Bell »

Did someone confirm that Roden is town?
I did not receive a message and that breaks my heart a little because I was their strongest TR, supposedly.
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:29 am

Post by The Bombay »

In post 561, Frogsterking wrote:I just attempted exactly what you're saying scum would never do and it caused my team to win the game. Please read 555 and 554 again and consider that your own skill as a scum player is causes you to make different choices than someone like Roden or I would
The issue here is that I think of Roden's playstyle as more similar to my own then to yours, but I am gonna look more at the game you just posted
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:30 am

Post by Bell »

Why are we considering Roden when they literally just said they would confirm themselves.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:30 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Roden who did you send a message to?
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:32 am

Post by The Bombay »

In post 565, Bell wrote:Why are we considering Roden when they literally just said they would confirm themselves.
Frog is claiming that it could be a gambit where he either:

Sent it to a townie, hoping the townie would just back him up, OR sent it to his partner.

I am saying that that does not seem like something that scum!Roden would do.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:34 am

Post by Frogsterking »

God I'm going to go back to my hermit frog mountain. I guess I just have to promise my alignment is mod confirmable (but only one person of my choosing can see it oooOOOooo) and whisper sweet nothings into people's ear if I want to play as scummy as I want without repercussions.

...oh wait, I literally just did that, it was really easy and our scum team won. Mini Normal 2283.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:36 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 565, Bell wrote:Why are we considering Roden when they literally just said they would confirm themselves.
Shut up Bell you fucking scumfuck lmfao

Go smoke another blunt Jesus Christ
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:37 am

Post by The Bombay »

Frog you have 4 posts left, so maybe hold off until after someone has or has not confirmed Roden's alignment
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:38 am

Post by Frogsterking »

Y'all kids with your fancy power roles don't have an appreciation no more for good old-fashioned scum huntin'
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:38 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 569, Frogsterking wrote:
Shut up Bell you fucking scumfuck lmfao

Go smoke another blunt Jesus Christ
Rude
RH
RH
he/him
Goon
RH
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:43 am

Post by RH »

A general reminder that games can be heated and to avoid getting personal.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:43 am

Post by Frogsterking »

MY ROLE IS INFORMED FYI IN CASE ANYONE MISSED ME CLAIM IT:

INFORMED: AT LEAST ONE ROLE PROVIDES A MISLEADING RESULT

I WONDER IF THAT HAS ANYTHING TO WITH HOW RODEN'S ROLE WORKS...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”