he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:52 am

Post by Greeting »

@
Not Known 15

Do you have any other scumreads than myself?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:54 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 145, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 142, Looker wrote:I can understand Greeting's point of view, though, and I don't think a disagreement with it is strong enough to imply scum at this point. Also, there are multiple silent/inactive players, so focusing on Greeting for inactivity would be too narrow of a scope for me at the moment. I think I've played with Greeting before.
Are you seriously contemplating that this was an intended quickhammer? Spartan isn't a newbie! And it's not just that; it's also that Greeting stopped replying to that line of pushing and posted this instead:
In post 128, Greeting wrote:Prod dodge, still uphold my scumreads. I like low activity games as they are easier to catch up with, but this game is just dead and that’s a real shame.
I have played with Greeting, and Town Greeting would not stop and hide from pushes like that! That's strictly a scum move.
Post happened after your scumread and subsequent vote of me, why are you using it to justify a view that was supposedly formed earlier?
BlueSnakelet
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/It

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:12 am

Post by BlueSnakelet »

In post 149, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 148, BlueSnakelet wrote:So... Activity, huh?

VOTE: Spartan, I'd like to see a little more of their serious side.

I think Not Known is town in their pushing of Greeting, I just don't think they're right.
Why not?
Because I'm suspicious of Spartan and your only reason to suspect Greeting is their suspicion of Spartan.
Let he who is with sin, and loves it, cast the final stone.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:26 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 151, Greeting wrote:
In post 145, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 142, Looker wrote:I can understand Greeting's point of view, though, and I don't think a disagreement with it is strong enough to imply scum at this point. Also, there are multiple silent/inactive players, so focusing on Greeting for inactivity would be too narrow of a scope for me at the moment. I think I've played with Greeting before.
Are you seriously contemplating that this was an intended quickhammer? Spartan isn't a newbie! And it's not just that; it's also that Greeting stopped replying to that line of pushing and posted this instead:
In post 128, Greeting wrote:Prod dodge, still uphold my scumreads. I like low activity games as they are easier to catch up with, but this game is just dead and that’s a real shame.
I have played with Greeting, and Town Greeting would not stop and hide from pushes like that! That's strictly a scum move.
Post happened after your scumread and subsequent vote of me, why are you using it to justify a view that was supposedly formed earlier?
That just made my scumread stronger, that's all.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:28 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 150, Greeting wrote:@
Not Known 15

Not substantially.
Player 6 is not Day 1 material.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:42 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 152, BlueSnakelet wrote:Because I'm suspicious of Spartan and your only reason to suspect Greeting is their suspicion of Spartan.
You might have a slight scumread on Spartan (I don't, there's nothing unnatural there;
don't
fall into the trap of suspecting someone because they were scum last game. That happens.).
I have at this point a massive scumread on Greeting based not only on their insistence that Spartan really wanted to quickhammer Page 2(an absurd idea that doesn't pass a reality check; an experienced scum quickhammering page 2? In a newbie game? Like that? No.), an interpretation that would be scummy even if Spartan flips red, but also massively strengthened massively by Greeting's subsequent behaviour: Prod dodging, and not addressing my push until being scumread for it - a very strong scumtell for Greeting.
BlueSnakelet
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:06 am

Post by BlueSnakelet »

In post 155, Not Known 15 wrote:You might have a slight scumread on Spartan (I don't, there's nothing unnatural there;
don't fall into the trap of suspecting someone because they were scum last game.
That happens.).
Don't worry, I know how randomness works.

I have a question. You said before that Greeting wasn't acting how "Town Greeting" would. I didn't looked up anyone's past games (because I don't trust my abilities to analyze meta). Would you say that they're acting like in their scum games, or just that they're acting differently than in their town games?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:16 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 16, Player6 wrote:VOTE: Bellaphant Greeting and bellaphant are mafia duo. I voted greeting and bellaphant voted me seems like a newbie mistake
Feels town
In post 21, Ghardi wrote: Hi @Player6. Can you elaborate on what you mean when Bellaphant voting you seems like a newbie mistake?

Nothing stood out to me as strange when Bellaphant voted you.
Feels scummy.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:28 am

In post 31, Spartan117 wrote: Page 2 looks like a good time for a juicy RVS Hammer :wink: you have been judged Bella to be too sussy for our company. Begone!

VOTE: Bellaphant
This is scummy. Spartan, where has your cautious playstyle gone?
In post 46, Spartan117 wrote: Yesh I'm getting that vibe too, think you probably rolled green again too, cab you really roll Red (idk how many) that many times!
UNVOTE: Bellaphant
What changed this read?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:36 am

In post 58, Ghardi wrote:I’ve read the interaction between P6 and Bella a couple of times again. The interaction doesn’t sit well with me and I feel that one of them could be mafia.

Not sure who - Whether it is Bella pushing against P6, or P6 getting a bit wordy with his explanations and being defensive.

I am leaning more towards P6 at the moment as his early comments and accusation towards Bella and Greeting still don’t sit well with me.

More interaction from the others would be nice (from darkj, Uncrowned and Greeting).

UNVOTE: Spartan117
VOTE: Player6
This feels like Ghardi is lining votes/elims up. Ghardi, why did the interaction lead you to believe that exactly 1 of them is scum?
In post 63, Spartan117 wrote:I clearly don't care if I'm being sussed and am more than happy to use myself as a tool to drive conversation and get opinions, why is this scummy? Do you think scum want to try and be heavily sussed early on? Would it not make more sense to try and hide under the radar?
It's scummy because you know there are people who have played with you before in this game and if you do not get killed early (which as you said yourself earlier, does seem to happen) then people are going to start asking questions. As well as this, it gives you a reason to be alive later in the game because you were suspected a decent amount.
In post 71, Tapiocaphobe wrote: bella blue and spartan all look town to me
Talk to me about Spartan
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:48 am

In post 120, Looker wrote:Hello, has anything important happened? I skimmed through and Spartan stands out the most to me. Can I get a votecount?
Talk about what stood out?
In post 121, Bellaphant wrote: This was an in joke about bbt, sorry.
Rude!

I'm liking Tapio's posting on Greeting.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:51 am

Greeting has done lots of defending and 0 scum hunting.

That's not a good look, chief.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:55 am

Post by Looker »

In post 140, Looker wrote:early E-1
In post 146, Looker wrote:I think it was too close for comfort and worth scrutiny in a game of newbies and relatively sparse votecounts.
That's about it until I get a few responses to my question(s). Unless you were looking for something more.
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:18 am

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

In post 159, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 71, Tapiocaphobe wrote:bella blue and spartan all look town to me
Talk to me about Spartan
spartan is null to me right now, i definitely get the feeling that they haven't been super inspired to post due to the inactivity
something that's stuck out to me is how they backed off in 46 after being voted twice, which feels slightly scummy to me
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:27 am

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

oh I did look at that scum game bella and spartan were in, didn't have any conclusions
Player6
Player6
they/he
Townie
Player6
they/he
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: they/he

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:38 pm

Post by Player6 »

I think that greeting being in my first scum read and also has done a lot of shady things like having 0 scum hunting and maybe I'm heading towards a Greeting/Ghardi scum team but I still think that bellaphant needs to be watched still as they aren't fully in the clear VOTE: Greeting
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:45 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Is there a vc? 148 feels really town.

@player 6, were they scum? I find I tend to scum read greeting for tone and be wrong a fair bit.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:21 am

Post by furtiveglance »

VC

Greeting (3) Tapiocaphobe, NotKnown15, Player6

Spartan117 (3) Greeting, Looker, BlueSnakelet

Player6 (1) Bellaphant

Not Voting (2) BlueBloodedToffee, Spartan117

(expired on 2022-11-16 16:25:53)
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:51 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 153, Not Known 15 wrote:That just made my scumread stronger, that's all.
That's confirmation bias. You've pre-decided that I am scum over a push, which I keep upholding, and stubbornly keep interpreting my posts however you can to fit your worldview. Which is bad strategy to scumhunt and a bad example to give to the newbies. Do better.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:51 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 154, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 150, Greeting wrote:@
Not Known 15

Not substantially.
Player 6 is not Day 1 material.
What do you mean by that?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:54 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 161, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
Greeting has done
[...]
0 scum hunting

In post 165, Player6 wrote:I think that greeting being in my first scum read and also has done a lot of shady things like having
0 scum hunting
and maybe I'm heading towards a Greeting/Ghardi scum team but I still think that bellaphant needs to be watched still as they aren't fully in the clear VOTE: Greeting
Did you guys pre-decide this push and blatantly untrue argumentation, which can be easily proven by just looking into my ISO, in the scumchat?
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:39 am

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

In post 168, Greeting wrote:
In post 153, Not Known 15 wrote:That just made my scumread stronger, that's all.
That's confirmation bias. You've pre-decided that I am scum over a push, which I keep upholding, and stubbornly keep interpreting my posts however you can to fit your worldview. Which is bad strategy to scumhunt and a bad example to give to the newbies. Do better.
this post is extremely scummy
In post 170, Greeting wrote:
In post 161, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
Greeting has done
[...]
0 scum hunting

In post 165, Player6 wrote:I think that greeting being in my first scum read and also has done a lot of shady things like having
0 scum hunting
and maybe I'm heading towards a Greeting/Ghardi scum team but I still think that bellaphant needs to be watched still as they aren't fully in the clear VOTE: Greeting
Did you guys pre-decide this push and blatantly untrue argumentation, which can be easily proven by just looking into my ISO, in the scumchat?
how is this "blatantly untrue"? i don't see any attempts to sort in your iso.

i want to flip greeting today
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:58 am

Post by Spartan117 »

As one of the two people who have wagons on them currently, It would be thought that I would want to try to join Greetings wagon and push them especially for their suspect push on me. But I am worried they could potentially be the typical sussy day 1 town elim that happens so often, I need more time to go through everything thats happened, been very busy irl sorry gang but am planning on putting something together tonight, from a quick glance, BBT looks town so far @Bella I personally don't know if I have it in me to try and sort him after past games so provided nothing jumps out at me, there are other directions I'd rather venture in and investigate in more depth.
BlueSnakelet
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:49 am

Post by BlueSnakelet »

It isn't illogical to assume Greeting might be eliminated without Spartan's involvement, since the overall discourse between Greeting and their voters is more intense than with Spartan and their voters.

What I think it's happening is: Spartan is scum, and knows Greeting will flip town. By saying "pushing Greeting would be great for me, but idk, this overly scummy player might be town" Spartan is setting up a Day 2 where they can say "See? I was right! Y'all should've listened to me. See how great of a townie I am?"
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:32 am

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 173, BlueSnakelet wrote:t isn't illogical to assume Greeting might be eliminated without Spartan's involvement
Its
illogical
? To assume greeting might be eliminated without my involvement.

Are you referring to my reaction test at the beginning or me voting them and being on their wagon?
If they reacted in a suspect way to my reaction test and people vote them for that, I am happy to have helped especially as its driven thought privoling conversation but thats down to the voters not me.

And if by chance you are referring to it being illogical for them to be eliminated without me voting them? I don't see how its illogical for 2 of Looker, BBT or Bella to vote them. To put it short I don't really see your point. Especially since I've not really been engaging the votes against me as I currently don't see the point, I'm not going to spend my time trying to make everyone think I'm town, I plan to review formulate my reads and if you flip me see im town and yall can go from there with that info.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”