Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:10 pm

Post by RH »

Day 1 Count VIII

Notes
  • My mod ISO is here.
  • PenguinPower is V/LA until Tuesday.
  • If I missed any other V/LAs, let me know.
  • With 14 remaining, it takes 8 to form a majority.
The
Day
concludes in (expired on 2022-11-16 17:00:00).

Last edited by RH on Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:12 pm

Post by Herta »

Vanity Central
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:12 pm

Post by Roden »

Don't really know how misleading information is somehow not considered bastard but I can't exactly fight the mod on that.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:15 pm

Post by Roden »

If anyone actually believes I publicly telegraph saving scum buddy Passenger in order to auto lose by Day 3 for literally no reason, I'm kind of at a loss for words
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:17 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 703, Roden wrote:If anyone actually believes I publicly telegraph saving scum buddy Passenger in order to auto lose by Day 3 for literally no reason, I'm kind of at a loss for words
Did you see my question about scum!Frog's motivation to lie? Surely they could just confirm you and Passenger would get voted
N.Y. M
N.Y. M
They
Townie
N.Y. M
They
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: They

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:18 pm

Post by N.Y. M »

In post 698, Frogsterking wrote:I just want to clarify:

Mod has confirmed my claim isn't bastard and therefore is in compliance with the setup.

As far as we know, there is no reason to believe that Roden has the role which provides misleading results, because Roden lied about the ability to mod confirm himself via private message. We currently don't know what effect the activation of Roden's ability actually had, though I think we can expect it doesn't require Roden to be alive once it's activated, or he wouldn't have locked himself into a 1v1 claim with me.

For all we know, Herta's theory about my role referring to furtive-who claimed miller-is correct. In fact that's currently my top guess for what my role was referring to.
I suppose that’s possible. In Pokemon Battles, I was informed of a gf being in the setup.

~Nancy
In post 699, Roden wrote:Absolutely baffled that I'm receiving votes right now. Did y'all forget that Koka flubbed their role claim? Did y'all not notice that Frog accused me of trying to dismantle the Passenger wagon before proceeding to dismantle the wagon himself? Or that he's accusing me of trying to sacrifice myself for Passenger when I just accused Koka of doing exactly that??
In post 702, Roden wrote:Don't really know how misleading information is somehow not considered bastard but I can't exactly fight the mod on that.
One of you or Frogs obviously has to be lying about the message thing. Koka didn’t claim to send anyone an unconfirmed message.
In post 694, Roden wrote:Nancy did you really just unironically ask why scum would lie about a role interaction that would confirm them as scum
I also really hated this question when you know exactly what I asked, so why even post that?

~Nancy
Nancy/Yume/Mastina hydra
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:19 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 703, Roden wrote:I'm kind of at a loss for words
Not yet, we still require 3 more votes to accomplish this.

Ego.

Protectives don't target me tonight.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:21 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 704, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 703, Roden wrote:If anyone actually believes I publicly telegraph saving scum buddy Passenger in order to auto lose by Day 3 for literally no reason, I'm kind of at a loss for words
Did you see my question about scum!Frog's motivation to lie? Surely they could just confirm you and Passenger would get voted
Why do people keep telling me scum have no motivation to lie

Fucking bonkers
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:22 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 705, N.Y. M wrote:
In post 698, Frogsterking wrote:I just want to clarify:

Mod has confirmed my claim isn't bastard and therefore is in compliance with the setup.

As far as we know, there is no reason to believe that Roden has the role which provides misleading results, because Roden lied about the ability to mod confirm himself via private message. We currently don't know what effect the activation of Roden's ability actually had, though I think we can expect it doesn't require Roden to be alive once it's activated, or he wouldn't have locked himself into a 1v1 claim with me.

For all we know, Herta's theory about my role referring to furtive-who claimed miller-is correct. In fact that's currently my top guess for what my role was referring to.
I suppose that’s possible. In Pokemon Battles, I was informed of a gf being in the setup.

~Nancy
In post 699, Roden wrote:Absolutely baffled that I'm receiving votes right now. Did y'all forget that Koka flubbed their role claim? Did y'all not notice that Frog accused me of trying to dismantle the Passenger wagon before proceeding to dismantle the wagon himself? Or that he's accusing me of trying to sacrifice myself for Passenger when I just accused Koka of doing exactly that??
In post 702, Roden wrote:Don't really know how misleading information is somehow not considered bastard but I can't exactly fight the mod on that.
One of you or Frogs obviously has to be lying about the message thing. Koka didn’t claim to send anyone an unconfirmed message.
In post 694, Roden wrote:Nancy did you really just unironically ask why scum would lie about a role interaction that would confirm them as scum
I also really hated this question when you know exactly what I asked, so why even post that?

~Nancy
Koka did claim that though? They literally claimed to send info to both the Government and scum team.

Did you not ask why scum would lie?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:27 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 707, Roden wrote:

Fucking bonkers
You literally said that Frog confirming you would out him as scum, in post . Or did I misinterpret that one?

UNVOTE:
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:32 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 709, furtiveglance wrote:

Fucking bonkers
You literally said that Frog confirming you would out him as scum, in post . Or did I misinterpret that one?

UNVOTE:
Yes.

Which is why he's LYING.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:36 pm

Post by Roden »

Frog's accusation that I have a bad role and that I'm trying to save Passenger (who has a good role) doesn't make sense.

Why vote ME and not the player who I'm trying to save?? That isn't a logical town thought process.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:37 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 710, Roden wrote:

Fucking bonkers

UNVOTE:
Yes.

Which is why he's LYING.
Consider this scenario though: Frogsterking confirms you, remains a relative UTR, and attention turns back to Passenger, Flavia, Kokabiel etc. How does this out Frog as scum, to you or anyone?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:59 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 711, Roden wrote:Why vote ME
In post 670, Frogsterking wrote:I didn't receive a message from Roden. You can be damn sure that one of us is lying. It should be obvious to you that Roden is the one who is lying, but if you have to flip me first to find out that Roden/Passenger/Bell are the group scum, then be my guest and vote me instead of Roden.
Ego.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:04 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 712, furtiveglance wrote:

Fucking bonkers

UNVOTE:
Yes.

Which is why he's LYING.
Consider this scenario though: Frogsterking confirms you, remains a relative UTR, and attention turns back to Passenger, Flavia, Kokabiel etc. How does this out Frog as scum, to you or anyone?
Because Koka already set the precedent that "Advocate reveal = Government gets info", which they then confirmed in a post later on.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:06 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 713, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 711, Roden wrote:Why vote ME
In post 670, Frogsterking wrote:I didn't receive a message from Roden. You can be damn sure that one of us is lying. It should be obvious to you that Roden is the one who is lying, but if you have to flip me first to find out that Roden/Passenger/Bell are the group scum, then be my guest and vote me instead of Roden.
Ego.
He's literally admitting his own logic isn't from a town perspective here.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:06 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 714, Roden wrote:
In post 712, furtiveglance wrote:

Fucking bonkers

UNVOTE:
Yes.

Which is why he's LYING.
Because Koka already set the precedent that "Advocate reveal = Government gets info", which they then confirmed in a post later on.
? How does this relate how the players as a group perceive Frog?
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:08 pm

Post by The Bombay »

In post 651, The Bombay wrote:I have a theory, but it is best to just let Roden answer atp.
For the record, my theory here was exactly that frog was the target for the message and then did not confirm lmao
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:10 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 717, The Bombay wrote:
In post 651, The Bombay wrote:I have a theory, but it is best to just let Roden answer atp.
For the record, my theory here was exactly that frog was the target for the message and then did not confirm lmao
What do you think happened? Scum!Frog getting out a PR, or Town!Frog paranoid about misleading mechanics? I know you townread Roden
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:13 pm

Post by The Bombay »

In post 686, N.Y. M wrote:
In post 676, DeasVail wrote:I don't really think that's a fair question to ask of the mod
In post 677, DeasVail wrote:(@nancy)
Alright then you and furtive can tell me if what Frogs claimed qualifies as bastard or not? I’m not good at mech, so anyone who is, tell me.

Luke should know. I’ll probably sheep Bombay on this.

~Nancy
First, let's assume his informed claim is true

Something like "there is a gunsmith out there that can get false guilties on a vigilante or a false inno on a scum doctor" would not be bastard.

Something like "the mod will send you a pm saying that player X is town, when they are not in fact town" should be.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:16 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 657, Roden wrote:I sent it to Frog, for a few reasons. Sending it to my biggest detractor forces him to have to accept he was wrong, if he's town. That part's important, because Koka already stated that when an Advocate reveals themself, that it gives information to the Government.

Besides the player I target, the Government also learns that I'm town.
This is Roden saying that he sends a friendly neighbor style message AND that the government learns that he's town.

So

The questions I have are:

Why would Roden say at this point that he also sends a friendly neighbour style message if he actually can't?

I don't think it's absolutely impossible, but to me that seems less likely than Frogster lying.
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:16 pm

Post by The Bombay »

In post 685, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 675, furtiveglance wrote:I'm unsure whether one scum is YOLOing, one town is *throwing* or if the Government is a type of Jester. The Gov didn't sound like a Jester though.
He's not throwing scum by the way: he's gambiting in order to redirect the wagon off of Passenger and to potentially get a mislim on me. Most likely Roden's role provides utility to the scum team and Roden himself is no longer needed to be alive after his abilities activation, whereas scum need Passenger alive in order to activate his ability at night.
Frog, to be clear, I read this post, and I just strongly disagree.

This implies he is killing his slot, and killing his partner slot, just to activate each of their PRs once on the hope that their other partner can end game.

No one plays that way.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:16 pm

Post by DeasVail »

There is a bastard mafiawiki page that is probably the best guidance on the bastard question.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:18 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

If Luke is Town then this is strike two for me as far as Town play is concerned. I came into this game with an open mind and what I'm learning is that Town!Luke has <rand reads because they Townread people who kiss their butt, which scum are more likely to do. Luke is either doing an incredible job pretending to be clueless or lacks sufficient insight to be able to sort players in a game where players of one alignment are motivated to lie to him. It's not very fun to play with from my point of view and it disgusts me a little bit.

If Luke is scum here then well played.
In post 720, DeasVail wrote:
In post 657, Roden wrote:I sent it to Frog, for a few reasons. Sending it to my biggest detractor forces him to have to accept he was wrong, if he's town. That part's important, because Koka already stated that when an Advocate reveals themself, that it gives information to the Government.

Besides the player I target, the Government also learns that I'm town.
This is Roden saying that he sends a friendly neighbor style message AND that the government learns that he's town.

So

The questions I have are:

Why would Roden say at this point that he also sends a friendly neighbour style message if he actually can't?

I don't think it's absolutely impossible, but to me that seems less likely than Frogster lying.
I'm less skeptical of Dease Townplay than I am of Luke's so I find the dumbtelling from Dease to be more indicative that he's lying.
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:25 pm

Post by The Bombay »

I can link you to a game where catboi was in a hood with frog, and in that hood catboi claimed to be an IC that would be revealed the following day.

Frog did not believe him, and killed him that night. Frog was town, and killed a claimed IC, because his read was just that strong.

When catboi died, and flipped as an IC, frog's response was to say that catboi must be a scum!changeling that just *flipped* as a town IC.
In post 2212, Frogsterking wrote:Until someone can confirm to me that role-changers are illegal in large themes, I believe catboi is a one-shot changeling-type role
On the surface, this looks eerily like that situation to me.

Town frog got convinced that Roden was scum. And then was so convinced, that even mod-confirmed information was not enough to change his mind.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”