He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:27 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 724, The Bombay wrote:
In post 704, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 703, Roden wrote:If anyone actually believes I publicly telegraph saving scum buddy Passenger in order to auto lose by Day 3 for literally no reason, I'm kind of at a loss for words
Did you see my question about scum!Frog's motivation to lie? Surely they could just confirm you and Passenger would get voted
I can link you to a game where catboi was in a hood with frog, and in that hood catboi claimed to be an IC that would be revealed the following day.

Frog did not believe him, and killed him that night. Frog was town, and killed a claimed IC, because his read was just that strong.

When catboi died, and flipped as an IC, frog's response was to say that catboi must be a scum!changeling that just *flipped* as a town IC.
In post 2212, Frogsterking wrote:Until someone can confirm to me that role-changers are illegal in large themes, I believe catboi is a one-shot changeling-type role
On the surface, this looks eerily like that situation to me.

Town frog got convinced that Roden was scum. And then was so convinced, that even mod-confirmed information was not enough to change his mind.
This thought did occur to me as well. A chilling cautionary tale against tunneling to be sure. Is it likely though? Frog, anything to say on this?
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:28 pm

Post by The Bombay »

VOTE: Koka
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:30 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 724, The Bombay wrote:Town frog got convinced that Roden was scum. And then was so convinced, that even mod-confirmed information was not enough to change his mind.
I wouldn't want to assume that this was the case
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:30 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 723, Frogsterking wrote:I'm less skeptical of Dease Townplay than I am of Luke's so I find the dumbtelling from Dease to be more indicative that he's lying.
what is the dumbtell?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:34 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 690, N.Y. M wrote:
In post 684, furtiveglance wrote:Meh, I thought the silence from Roden after they claimed to have messaged someone was a bit dodgy. And we do get info either way.

VOTE: Roden
That too but mod - who you just scolded me for asking - just confirmed that Roden is bssing us, you’re welcome. :P

~Nancy
Also how did the mod confirm that Roden is bssing us?
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:38 pm

Post by The Bombay »

The mod confirmed that "being informed that there is at least one role that provides misleading results" is not bastard.

That confirmation says nothing about Roden.

"Misleading results" almost certainly means something like a gunsmith type role which can pull false innos/guilties

Not mod lies
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:43 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 716, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 714, Roden wrote:
In post 712, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 710, Roden wrote:
In post 709, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 707, Roden wrote:
In post 703, Roden wrote:If anyone actually believes I publicly telegraph saving scum buddy Passenger in order to auto lose by Day 3 for literally no reason, I'm kind of at a loss for words
Did you see my question about scum!Frog's motivation to lie? Surely they could just confirm you and Passenger would get voted
Why do people keep telling me scum have no motivation to lie

Fucking bonkers
You literally said that Frog confirming you would out him as scum, in post . Or did I misinterpret that one?

UNVOTE:
Yes.

Which is why he's LYING.
Consider this scenario though: Frogsterking confirms you, remains a relative UTR, and attention turns back to Passenger, Flavia, Kokabiel etc. How does this out Frog as scum, to you or anyone?
Because Koka already set the precedent that "Advocate reveal = Government gets info", which they then confirmed in a post later on.
? How does this relate how the players as a group perceive Frog?
...Because the Government believes "Advocate reveal = Government gets info", and if Frog admits he received info then he confirms me as town and potentially confirms himself as the Government. Causing the players as a group to potentially see him as the Government. Which is bad if he's the Government.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:49 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 730, The Bombay wrote:The mod confirmed that "being informed that there is at least one role that provides misleading results" is not bastard.

That confirmation says nothing about Roden.

"Misleading results" almost certainly means something like a gunsmith type role which can pull false innos/guilties

Not mod lies
I agree, but I'm interested in Nancy's thought process behind that post.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:51 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 731, Roden wrote:
In post 716, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 714, Roden wrote:
In post 712, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 710, Roden wrote:
In post 709, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 707, Roden wrote:
Why do people keep telling me scum have no motivation to lie

Fucking bonkers
You literally said that Frog confirming you would out him as scum, in post . Or did I misinterpret that one?

UNVOTE:
Yes.

Which is why he's LYING.
Consider this scenario though: Frogsterking confirms you, remains a relative UTR, and attention turns back to Passenger, Flavia, Kokabiel etc. How does this out Frog as scum, to you or anyone?
Because Koka already set the precedent that "Advocate reveal = Government gets info", which they then confirmed in a post later on.
? How does this relate how the players as a group perceive Frog?
...Because the Government believes "Advocate reveal = Government gets info", and if Frog admits he received info then he confirms me as town and potentially confirms himself as the Government. Causing the players as a group to potentially see him as the Government. Which is bad if he's the Government.
Ohhh kay. So if the Government player gets your message they have to decide whether or not to come forward. Yeah I can see that, especially if Frog is the Dictator (!)
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:02 pm

Post by The Bombay »

In post 723, Frogsterking wrote:If Luke is Town then this is strike two for me as far as Town play is concerned. I came into this game with an open mind and what I'm learning is that Town!Luke has <rand reads because they Townread people who kiss their butt, which scum are more likely to do.
The funny thing is that I am actually pretty happy with my play in the exact game you are referencing. I was actively pushing for the elimination of 4 out of 5 of the scum to die the day that they died. Which I certainly value over the day 1 hero solve approach.

Malcolm is the only scum who truly bamboozled me that game.

Like, yes, I was wrong on *you* but :shrug:
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:03 pm

Post by Bell »

Is there some reason frog has gone over the post limit
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:05 pm

Post by Bell »

So either Roden or Frogster is lying.
Why aren't we killing one of them.
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:06 pm

Post by The Bombay »

In post 735, Bell wrote:Is there some reason frog has gone over the post limit
There is a 25 post buffer, shared across all days, for going over the post limit.

And he thought it necessary to spend one of those to outline just how bad he thinks I am because my reads are not the same as his.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:07 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 713, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 711, Roden wrote:Why vote ME
In post 670, Frogsterking wrote:I didn't receive a message from Roden. You can be damn sure that one of us is lying. It should be obvious to you that Roden is the one who is lying, but if you have to flip me first to find out that Roden/Passenger/Bell are the group scum, then be my guest and vote me instead of Roden.
Ego.
I'm not scum.
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:09 pm

Post by The Bombay »

In post 736, Bell wrote:So either Roden or Frogster is lying.
Why aren't we killing one of them.
If we are killing one of them, I would kill frog. I am pretty sure that roden is town here.

I am fairly worried that Frog is town lying because of his informed ability making him doubt the message contents. And since he wants us to kill roden anyways, he is claiming it never came.

I think that Koka is scum.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:13 pm

Post by Bell »

The more I think of this situation the more I realize that Frogster is almost certainly fucking up.

Frogster did you receive a message of any kind?
If you received a message was the message worded in an ambiguous way?
I want to be clear here Frog, if the wording is not ambiguous it is likely true because unless you were explicitly informed that the mod will send you false messages about the set up, it's just true because moderators have to say the game is bastard if they provide false results in this manner. If there is anything fucky in the wording, I'll entertain it, but right now you just seem totally off the rails.
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:15 pm

Post by The Bombay »

In post 587, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 494, Frogsterking wrote:I decided only to partially claim my role today:

#1 I'm informed that at least one player has a role which gets misleading results.
I already claimed it earlier before Roden claimed. I assumed it was referring to an investigative, but I was jumping to conclusions, I doublechecked my role PM just now because I was getting suspicious, and below is the exact wording:
In post 576, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 574, Frogsterking wrote:
MY ROLE IS INFORMED FYI IN CASE ANYONE MISSED ME CLAIM IT:

INFORMED: AT LEAST ONE ROLE PROVIDES A MISLEADING RESULT

I WONDER IF THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH HOW RODEN'S ROLE WORKS...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
At least one player has a role who
PROVIDES
a misleasing result. I wonder what kind of mod given information Roden may have
PROVIDED
to someone with his
ROLE
via a
PRIVATE MESSAGE
. I wonder if Roden has a
SCUM PR
with the ability to
MISLEAD
as you now know
THERE IS AT LEAST ONE ROLE IN THIS GAME WHICH PROVIDES MISLEADING RESULTS

Like, he thinks this about Roden's role claim, has his informed status, gets the PM. I can see that leading to him doing this as town.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:17 pm

Post by Bell »

Didn't they learn anything from pissing off Petapan.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:19 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Probably my last post in case I need my post bank D2/D3.

In post 725, furtiveglance wrote:Frog, anything to say on this?
My experience with Luke in Lost was that he lacked any ability to Townread me whatsoever, so unfortunately it's in his Townrange to believe I'm scum to a level of delusion which equals my own delusion that catboi was scum in KTANE.

That said, in my experience scum have linked to KTANE when I have pushed them and they were trying to convince others not to vote with me. I'm becoming skeptical Luke is actually this badly pocketed by Roden, so my read on him goes down a lot for making this argument that there is somehow any ambiguity in "you can be damn sure one of Roden and I are lying."

If I had to choose one of Roden/Passenger/Bell to switch for Bombay, I would switch out Bell, though that raise more questions than it answers, like:

@Bell
, do you honestly have any idea what's happening in this game or no?

__

Dease has become my top choice for 3rd party because:

-Dease' read progression on me makes no sense. There is a motivation to take me out now and let Roden take the fall for it because as 3rd party Dease doesn't want to eventually get stuck in an endgame with me.

-I don't believe Dease' dumbtelling about fakeclaims right now is genuine.

-The timing of Dease' vote on Kookaburra coincides with 3rd party's incentive to vote Kookaburra as specified by Kookaburra's role.

__

To summarize:

-At least one player has a role which provides misleading information. IMO could just be furtive.

-Protects don't go on me tonight.

-Roden is confirmed groupscum FMPOV because locking himself into a 1v1 claim as 3rd party doesn't make sense. (Another reason why I'm Town compared to 3rd party here for those of you still having doubts. I GUESS it's possible that brings up an alternative explanation for Roden's play in that I'm scum team's read for 3rd party and they were hoping I would reciprocate in a lie with them out of fear of entering a 1v1 claim. I VERY MUCH hope to find out that's what happened postgame.)

-My second choice for 3rd party is Penguin. My first choice is Dease which I outlined above. I don't really think either are group scum.

-I null read Bombay, Flavia, Johnny. If I'm wrong on Bell it can be any of those three.

-I scum read Roden/Passenger/Bell and I think they are all connected by strong associative tells as well as independently scummy ISOs.

-I townread everyone pretty hard who isn't otherwise specified above.

-I'm ready for Roden to be hammered and N1 to begin. I prefer not to waste any more of my post bank today in case I actually need it later. If you want to hammer me instead of Roden then don't be shy about it, you have ~24 hours to find like 8 votes on me.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:28 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 741, The Bombay wrote:
In post 587, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 494, Frogsterking wrote:I decided only to partially claim my role today:

#1 I'm informed that at least one player has a role which gets misleading results.
I already claimed it earlier before Roden claimed. I assumed it was referring to an investigative, but I was jumping to conclusions, I doublechecked my role PM just now because I was getting suspicious, and below is the exact wording:
In post 576, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 574, Frogsterking wrote:
MY ROLE IS INFORMED FYI IN CASE ANYONE MISSED ME CLAIM IT:

INFORMED: AT LEAST ONE ROLE PROVIDES A MISLEADING RESULT

I WONDER IF THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH HOW RODEN'S ROLE WORKS...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
At least one player has a role who
PROVIDES
a misleasing result. I wonder what kind of mod given information Roden may have
PROVIDED
to someone with his
ROLE
via a
PRIVATE MESSAGE
. I wonder if Roden has a
SCUM PR
with the ability to
MISLEAD
as you now know
THERE IS AT LEAST ONE ROLE IN THIS GAME WHICH PROVIDES MISLEADING RESULTS

Like, he thinks this about Roden's role claim, has his informed status, gets the PM. I can see that leading to him doing this as town.
I think he would at least admit that he got a PM as town.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:31 pm

Post by Bell »

Do I have any idea what's happening in this game?

I know a little about you.
I know a little about Roden.

I think that Roden doesn't pull this shit.
So you're probably pulling some shit.
I think you're town.
I wasn't sure about Roden, but aforementioned the don't pull this shit.

Do not repeat your mistakes, reconsider the probabilities of your premises, change your foundations.
I'll apologize if I'm wrong and RH decided to make a wonky game and you figured it out, but based on the information I have available. I think you're way off.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:42 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

VOTE: Bell
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:43 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

VOTE: Roden
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:49 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 743, Frogsterking wrote:My experience with Luke in Lost was that he lacked any ability to Townread me whatsoever, so unfortunately it's in his Townrange to believe I'm scum to a level of delusion which equals my own delusion that catboi was scum in KTANE.
I am not arguing that you are scum.
The Bombay
The Bombay
Goon
The Bombay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:49 pm

Post by The Bombay »

In post 748, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 743, Frogsterking wrote:My experience with Luke in Lost was that he lacked any ability to Townread me whatsoever, so unfortunately it's in his Townrange to believe I'm scum to a level of delusion which equals my own delusion that catboi was scum in KTANE.
I am not arguing that you are scum.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”