Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:26 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 867, Enchant wrote:
In post 863, VP Baltar wrote:Ok, so here is where my head is at:

King: andres
Prince of Dragonstone: GuiltyLion (maybe?)
Hand of the King: (IDK, should this be a scummy person we force to give a result?)
Lord Commander of the Kingsguard: VP Baltar (LLD, I will put you on the kingsguard with me so we can find the traitors)
Master of Coin: Dannflor
King's Justice: TSQ

What other roles do we need to assign? Are we taking risks with the kingsguard appointments by not putting any scummy people on the small council?
Maaaaafiiiiiaaaaaa
If you're good I'll let you in the king's guard on a temporary basis.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:29 pm

Post by UNOwen »

In post 874, Andresvmb wrote:I think it’s weird you would even assume I would just take VPB’s suggestions and make them my own with no edits.
I don't assume that you would do that, but VPB's post looked to me to be trying to shift the small council decision to a popular vote rather than the Kings responsibility. Specifically: "What other roles do we need to assign? Are we taking risks with the kingsguard appointments by not putting any scummy people on the small council?". I don't interpret it as a list of trust since he obviously trusts himself but he's still assigned himself a specific role and suggested how he would use it.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:30 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 849, JunkoChan wrote:
In post 839, Andante wrote:all this andante town talk makes me happyyy :) Datisi can be town for today!

(also junko I don’t remember the first time I asked you something, the second was just cause you didn’t seem to be doing anything so i was like “mmk how have reads changed then?” and i’m just now showing up since answering you? i’m kinda here dw, i’m reading most things! currently distracted by andante talk!!)

ok byeee time to go run… in… freaking cold temps.. but this is the warmest it’s gonna be for a while… ahhhh it’s windy too… a few more days then yall can have andante walls!! where I talk about all the great things you’ve done!
Weird that you don't remember it since you were "pretty sure" I was scum

And then You dropped that read

So the progression of your reads don't make sense
So in a future post you say you drop your tr on me? I'm not town cause of 1 or 2 posts I made? I have no recollection of 158 and I don't get why you're like "YOU SAID THIS!!" for post 158... we're like 900 posts into this freaking game? like WHO EVEN CARES THAT MY READS HAVE CHANGED??? nice to meet you I'm andante, reads change hourly. you're like trying to make this huge deal out of literallly nothing and I'm just simply not interested in this.

@Pooky I thought I unvoted, if not, I'll do it again
UNVOTE: Dann
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:30 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 869, UNOwen wrote:
In post 865, JunkoChan wrote:Mom Baltar is acting scummy again
In post 867, Enchant wrote: Maaaaafiiiiiaaaaaa
Good posts.
y'all are cowards, and that's why you should not have power.

We need people with OPINOINS to be leading Westeros. HOT TAKES even.
YOUR AD HERE

Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:32 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 878, VP Baltar wrote:
Good posts.

I always have opinions!!!
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:35 pm

Post by UNOwen »

In post 878, VP Baltar wrote: y'all are cowards, and that's why you should not have power.

Opinions and Hot Takes are not enough, we also need a leader who's prepared to stand up to ambitious councilors who overreach their authority!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:35 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 876, UNOwen wrote:
In post 874, Andresvmb wrote:I think it’s weird you would even assume I would just take VPB’s suggestions and make them my own with no edits.
I don't assume that you would do that, but VPB's post looked to me to be trying to shift the small council decision to a popular vote rather than the Kings responsibility. Specifically: "What other roles do we need to assign? Are we taking risks with the kingsguard appointments by not putting any scummy people on the small council?". I don't interpret it as a list of trust since he obviously trusts himself but he's still assigned himself a specific role and suggested how he would use it.
A king should always take their subjects' desires into decision making. It's why we need a to follow my criteria for choosing a king.

I also just think we need something new to move discussion forward and I don't really care if people level zero attack me over it.

Do you have issues with my list generally other than I made it? who on there do you think shouldn't have power and who would you put in their place?
YOUR AD HERE

JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:35 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 877, Andante wrote:
In post 849, JunkoChan wrote:
In post 839, Andante wrote:all this andante town talk makes me happyyy :) Datisi can be town for today!

(also junko I don’t remember the first time I asked you something, the second was just cause you didn’t seem to be doing anything so i was like “mmk how have reads changed then?” and i’m just now showing up since answering you? i’m kinda here dw, i’m reading most things! currently distracted by andante talk!!)

ok byeee time to go run… in… freaking cold temps.. but this is the warmest it’s gonna be for a while… ahhhh it’s windy too… a few more days then yall can have andante walls!! where I talk about all the great things you’ve done!
Weird that you don't remember it since you were "pretty sure" I was scum

And then You dropped that read

So the progression of your reads don't make sense
So in a future post you say you drop your tr on me? I'm not town cause of 1 or 2 posts I made? I have no recollection of 158 and I don't get why you're like "YOU SAID THIS!!" for post 158... we're like 900 posts into this freaking game? like WHO EVEN CARES THAT MY READS HAVE CHANGED??? nice to meet you I'm andante, reads change hourly. you're like trying to make this huge deal out of literallly nothing and I'm just simply not interested in this.

@Pooky I thought I unvoted, if not, I'll do it again
UNVOTE: Dann
haha I'm not dropping my tr on you because of you changing read, it's because they don't make sense

and what if we are on page 900? it's been 3 days
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:36 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 879, Andante wrote:
In post 878, VP Baltar wrote:
Good posts.

I always have opinions!!!
You can be in my kingsguard. The precursor to Brienne of Tarth.
YOUR AD HERE

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:42 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 875, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 867, Enchant wrote:
In post 863, VP Baltar wrote:Ok, so here is where my head is at:

King: andres
Prince of Dragonstone: GuiltyLion (maybe?)
Hand of the King: (IDK, should this be a scummy person we force to give a result?)
Lord Commander of the Kingsguard: VP Baltar (LLD, I will put you on the kingsguard with me so we can find the traitors)
Master of Coin: Dannflor
King's Justice: TSQ

What other roles do we need to assign? Are we taking risks with the kingsguard appointments by not putting any scummy people on the small council?
Maaaaafiiiiiaaaaaa
If you're good I'll let you in the king's guard on a temporary basis.
Not enough to bribe, add 50 coins to it and maybe i consider.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:42 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 876, UNOwen wrote:
I think you should be questioning VPB as to what they expect will happen if I’m picked as King with regards to the positions on the Council. But are you actually SR’ing a player for sharing their views and trying to find consensus about the slots in the Council? Because that doesn’t make sense to me. The King should definitely pay attention to what other players are saying, and they should try and make sure their Council reflects their own views and those of the players they trust. Are you disagreeing with that?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:43 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 804, Rhaenyra wrote:WHY ARE YOU IGNORING MY RESPONSES, TITUS?!
You have nothing worth responding to. I get 150 posts. Going back and forth on why you refuse to play isn't worthwhile.
In post 811, Andante wrote:
In post 801, Titus wrote:
In post 798, Datisi wrote:
In post 795, Titus wrote:Datisi might be feeling boxed in here.
what?
Based on what I have read, it feels more like your interested in shading people than finding town.
i might have a different definition of shading but like, “you’re voting dann king cause you think he’s scum”
like isn’t that shading? it’s not hard to see I unvoted him? if you even cared why I was voting dann you’d go to my ISO and see when I did vote…
We do. Shading = looking for reasons not to townread. Technically, it's me sorting you but my incorrect stance was a confused/mistaken discredit. I thought you were still voting Dann.
In post 818, Dannflor wrote:Titus' catchup seems very surface level like

she did not put in the barest modicum of effort to look past her very first impression of what she read

unfortunately I'm not too sure whether that's actually alignment indicative for her right now
It's not a full gamesolve but surface level, really?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:45 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 886, Titus wrote:It's not a full gamesolve but surface level, really?
idk I think your take on datisi and other slots feels half-baked

I'm not looking for a game solve

it specifically seems like your takes lack depth not breadth
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:46 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

yeah Luke is scum
In post 833, Lukewarm wrote:The end result of that statement is to make people doubt Andante town reads, and it never acknowledges that. It doesn't have the "I think Andante is town anyways, but..." aspect in there, which I would expect from an uninformed view point that is entering into that conversation with a town read on Andante.
this is way off the mark. The point of that statement is to engage with the people (Dann, myself) suggesting the idea that Andante is possibly town getting TMI'd by scum, and questioning our thought process. It's a way of poking at us to see how genuine our feelings are, it is almost entirely orthogonal to anyone's reads on Andante. It's a dubious claim that Dann or myself would come out of that interaction going "oh, Datisi is right, Andante is actually scummy here" because a) we are independent thinkers who have already offered our own takes/reads on Andante, both of them more negative-leaning already, b) neither of us were really putting a ton of stock into this point to clear Andante, just kinda riffing/speculating, and most importantly c) Datisi is arguing for Andante town anyways, literally Datisi was pushing back on my meta scumping in another post.

So I'm having a really hard time seeing how you can authentically believe that Datisi's statement was going to shape people to have more negative reads on Andante, because with context the statement is doing
none
of that.

And your second sentence is also wolfy reasoning, you're literally accusing Datisi of being scummy for not expressing a specific phrase or sentiment that you would "expect" town to post there, that's hallmark scum behavior because it's super easy to invent arguments like that to paint someone as scummy.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:46 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 850, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 836, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 830, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 829, Lukewarm wrote:I also did not feel like her methodology even made me, someone who landed on this being more likely to be a town approach from her, more inclined to name her king
Where would you want LLD if you could decide?
Getting cop checked by the Hand of the King probably lol.

But actually, I have not really been able to put a lot of brain power towards the PRs. This game is getting about 20% of the brain power I normally bring to games atm.

Maybe the PR slot on the council that could do the least amount of damage if she were scum, but also lets her be in on the council meetings in case she is town (I would value her having imput in those conversations). And then likely also getting her cop checked, meaning she is both clear *and* a weak PR meaning the scum team would have to choose between killing her or a stronger PR. (or outed if scum, obvs)
eyyy chill chill you tryin' to get me shot by the mafia bruv ahahah

in all seriousness i'm fine being checked by hand of the king
I think this is a great idea. Would be great for analysis and teamwork.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:50 pm

Post by mastina »

Ngl I was caught off-guard by the number of posts in the game thread given the posting restriction--I was planning on catching up yesterday, but when I saw how many posts there were, I realized I couldn't.

Hopefully, y'all fearing hitting the post count limit will leave the game quieter so I have less to catch up on in the future. :P
In post 59, Andante wrote:Everything about these posts scream like nervous/unsure mafia here. Like, the progression of these posts...
Town!
In post 69, Datisi wrote:andante twon yes?
Yup, and probably you, too!
In post 29, Charloux wrote:Dann would make a great stable and moderate king.
VOTE: Enchant
Dann... is a boring choice
Town?
In post 31, Rhaenyra wrote:mastina should be King.
My turn to have paranoia of being buddied. :P
In post 34, UNOwen wrote:Hello everyone
VOTE: Dannflor
Scum?
In post 28, GuiltyLion wrote:VOTE: Dannflor
LLD is not a bad choice but I think Dannflor is easier to read
Oh I agree! LLD isn't as easy to read as Dannflor.

That said, I ain't voting Dannflor here.
In post 39, Lukewarm wrote:The vt has arrived
That's def plausible.
In post 35, Datisi wrote:i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that we should not be confined to the three choices that mastina proposed. we should also focus on electing someone we already think is town rather than someone who is "easy to read". it seems to me that the "execution" mechanic is net neutral in town hands but potentially scumsiding in scum hands. assuming the king isn't a gamethrower, it's more important that town hold it. also a townie town king would potentially make it easier to determine whether there's scum in the kingsguard.
My priority is town > has good reads > has the ability to convince people.

But on page one, I wouldn't know who that would be, so selecting the players who are best at those three traits generically from past experience seemed like a good place to start.
In post 70, Dannflor wrote:Posts and seem like scum posts
Oh wow Dann your scumgame is
really
damn obvious.

HURT: Dannflor
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:51 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 887, Dannflor wrote:

I'm just getting going. When I feel where the pieces are, I'll get stronger reads.

VOTE: Dann

Deliberately tieing the wagons.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:52 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 831, Datisi wrote:shea and junko have definitely been *present*, but nothing about them jumped at me yet
do you have any thoughts about Shea here vs Shea in Pictures? now that Pictures is done I will say that I thought Shea felt a lot more reasonable and less performative to me in this game than in Pictures where I thought they were scum, but hahahah whoops Shea was town in Pictures and I'm wondering if this is possibly another Ari situation where I should be careful about townreading someone I found more transparent/agreeable in one game vs another.

I still don't suspect anything Shea has posted but curious if you have any thoughts at all between the two games, or is that just not worth thinking about yet at this stage
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:52 pm

Post by UNOwen »

In post 881, VP Baltar wrote: A king should always take their subjects' desires into decision making. It's why we need a to follow my criteria for choosing a king.

I also just think we need something new to move discussion forward and I don't really care if people level zero attack me over it.

Do you have issues with my list generally other than I made it? who on there do you think shouldn't have power and who would you put in their place?
King should take advise of the town, but not be driven by it. Weak kings are the bane of any kingdom. The reason choosing a town king is important is because they will be deciding PRs, which is a great advantage if they can stack the council with town. Moving to a consensus for PRs seems to allow scum an easier route into the council if they miss out on the kingship. And your post didn't really take into account Andres role in the decision at all.

I can't decide my council unless and until I get elected, at which point the game will have presumably changed significantly because it looks like an uphill climb at the moment. I'm not actively distrusting any of GuiltyLion/TSQ/Dannflor/Andres though, so don't have an issue with the list in those terms - with the exception of you, who is suspicious to me.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:54 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 892, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 831, Datisi wrote:shea and junko have definitely been *present*, but nothing about them jumped at me yet
do you have any thoughts about Shea here vs Shea in Pictures? now that Pictures is done I will say that I thought Shea felt a lot more reasonable and less performative to me in this game than in Pictures where I thought they were scum, but hahahah whoops Shea was town in Pictures and I'm wondering if this is possibly another Ari situation where I should be careful about townreading someone I found more transparent/agreeable in one game vs another.

I still don't suspect anything Shea has posted but curious if you have any thoughts at all between the two games, or is that just not worth thinking about yet at this stage
I think my behavior in pictures was colored by the positions I was in from the start through no fault of my own where I was consistently being attacked for things done by my predecessor.

I think what you're picking up here is that I am actually enjoying this game despite my interactions with Rhea, and I fucking hated every second of pictures.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:57 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Decided to take stare at the playerlist and try to take stock, and this is vaguely where I landed

Spoiler:
4. Andresvmb
6. Andante
8. VPBaltar
17. Junkochan
18. Lady Lambdadelta

7. Thestatusquo
20. Bellaphant

2. Titus
3. PenguinPower
9. Dannflor
10. Unowen
11. GuiltyLion
14. Charloux
16. mastina
21. Enchant

1. Rhaenyra
12. Firebringer
13. Dwlee99

15. Datisi
19. ProfessorDrapion

Some thoughts:

VP Baltar is largely vibes feeling right, but I also like his advocacy for Andres king, who I also think is town. Also felt good to see him point out the same Datisi post that I did.

Bellaphant: her approach with me is very different then her approach with me was when she was scum. Not a strong thought, which is why she is a tier down, but I vaguely thought "huh, this is different"- but obviously, she could be doing something differerent on purpouse, but also, I have been low impact enough that I feel like a strange target.

Dann: I am conflicted here, because in our last game together, he repped in and it felt like I was reading my own thoughts typed out by him. He became my single strongest town read pretty rapidly because it felt like we were reading and thinking about the game in very similar ways, but this time I feel like we are not on the same page about literally anything. But also not really sure that that makes him scum basing it off of just the one game. But it does make me sad. (also, see Firebringer)

Dwlee: I feel like him jumping on me saying that Junko would not make that argument as scum, and even bringing it up much later again, while also not commenting on the like 4 other people who expressed a similar thought feels like he is not consistently applying reading metrics.

Firebringer: bad vibes from 416, which felt like it was designed more to frustrate LLD's attempts this game then actually engaging with what she said in her post. Like, she literally just floating an idea, and his resposne was
In post 416, Firebringer wrote:lets just play the game and not be dictating how everything goes down
Also bad vibes from which feels like he knows he is talking to a Town!Dann.

Drapion: Feels wildly different then his town game in Lost, where he was like the most self assured wild west gunslinger ready to take down the dirty mafia with just the sheer force of his bluster.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:57 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 891, Titus wrote:
In post 887, Dannflor wrote:

I'm just getting going. When I feel where the pieces are, I'll get stronger reads.

VOTE: Dann

Deliberately tieing the wagons.
do you actually have a read on me
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:59 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 890, mastina wrote:Oh wow Dann your scumgame is really damn obvious.
I have hard time believing you truly scum read me based off that post
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:01 pm

Post by UNOwen »

In post 885, Andresvmb wrote: I think you should be questioning VPB as to what they expect will happen if I’m picked as King with regards to the positions on the Council. But are you actually SR’ing a player for sharing their views and trying to find consensus about the slots in the Council? Because that doesn’t make sense to me. The King should definitely pay attention to what other players are saying, and they should try and make sure their Council reflects their own views and those of the players they trust. Are you disagreeing with that?
Take into account the opinions of others of course, but a King should act like a King! Otherwise you nullify the advantage the role could play in town hands. Voting for the council is not the way to go, especially down to specific council positions. I didn't see VPBs post as helpful suggestions to you - seemed more like he was positioning himself as being part of the decision making.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:01 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 895, Lukewarm wrote:Dann: I am conflicted here, because in our last game together, he repped in and it felt like I was reading my own thoughts typed out by him. He became my single strongest town read pretty rapidly because it felt like we were reading and thinking about the game in very similar ways, but this time I feel like we are not on the same page about literally anything. But also not really sure that that makes him scum basing it off of just the one game. But it does make me sad. (also, see Firebringer)
can you elaborate on what has you conflicted? this is a bunch of words that don't really say anything at all about my alignment but the wording of "I am conflicted" makes it sound like you do have thoughts on my alignment

is there towny stuff that you're balancing against this sad feeling?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”