Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:23 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 898, UNOwen wrote:
In post 885, Andresvmb wrote: I think you should be questioning VPB as to what they expect will happen if I’m picked as King with regards to the positions on the Council. But are you actually SR’ing a player for sharing their views and trying to find consensus about the slots in the Council? Because that doesn’t make sense to me. The King should definitely pay attention to what other players are saying, and they should try and make sure their Council reflects their own views and those of the players they trust. Are you disagreeing with that?
Take into account the opinions of others of course, but a King should act like a King! Otherwise you nullify the advantage the role could play in town hands. Voting for the council is not the way to go, especially down to specific council positions. I didn't see VPBs post as helpful suggestions to you - seemed more like he was positioning himself as being part of the decision making.
Okay here’s how I view things, and why my initial reaction to VPB sharing their views of who should sit where doesn’t make me think that on balance, it’s Scummy.

Whoever hopes to become King should give proper thought to who they want to put on their Council, and they should be open about it. I’m more skeptical of any player that wishes to become King and is unwilling to share who they would place in positions of power. I’m also being cautious about players that are sharing Council selections I entirely disagree with.

VPB might be phrasing their post as who they would want me to put in positions of power. But if they are selected to be King, and they don’t empower some of the people that they’re pushing to be on the Council, then that would be a massive red flag. If VPB became King, and they didn’t pick me for instance (their choice for King) in the Council, that would give me (and I think everyone else) a really bad feeling about their alignment.

Sharing these thoughts creates accountability, and is helpful in my view. I would hope that every Town player wants to shape the composition of the Council, and I certainly want to hear the thoughts of those that I TR (GuiltyLion, VPB, Dann, TSQ are certainly players I would listen to if my view of their alignment holds). And besides, it creates discussion, which I always think tilts against the Scum.

Scum definitely want to have a say, if they can’t get themselves to be picked as King, on who will be on the Council. I don’t disagree there. But sharing who should sit on the Council (particularly if you don’t disagree on the reads themselves) doesn’t strike me as a negative on balance.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:23 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

also update for those interested, Rhaenyra is feeling more townie to me
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:23 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 920, Andante wrote:Honestly, I'm kinda liking mastina right now, she's kinda looking like a really good candidate for the King/Queen title, cause she seems like someone who'd really think out the people she nominates, I'm liking this catch up!! I do have some doubts though, so I'll hold off voting, catch ups like this are just so much easier for scum, like, yeah.. I'll wait for stuff in the present, but like, these 2 posts are literally enough for me to go "yesss!!! mastina the leader!!!"
You're pushing to make mastina queen when she's not read? Huh?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:24 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 920, Andante wrote:Honestly, I'm kinda liking mastina right now, she's kinda looking like a really good candidate for the King/Queen title, cause she seems like someone who'd really think out the people she nominates, I'm liking this catch up!! I do have some doubts though, so I'll hold off voting, catch ups like this are just so much easier for scum, like, yeah.. I'll wait for stuff in the present, but like, these 2 posts are literally enough for me to go "yesss!!! mastina the leader!!!"
yeah, you are def scum
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:26 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 924, Dannflor wrote:I just get frustrated when I think of something to ask mastina or tell her that I think will help me sort her and then I realize I'm going to have to wait until I forget the context of the original situation in the first place

mastina might be scum but not for doing what she always does

I don't currently really believe her read on me but I didn't really believe some of her pushes in Datisi's Cafe until later either

so the jury is still out
I mean, I believe her read. it's that same as mine was, with your like 3 word sentences... not towny.. then I think it was Junko who was like "Dann town off vibes!!" and it was just like, wtf?? "Dann hates being scum" - well he's clearly not loving playing right now... obviously you've gotten a lot better since, but yeah... that "read" is from so long ago.... woooo I'd rather not replay the game lol

Junko, this is genuinely so freaking annoying.... I post anything "YOU ARE DEF SCUM" like, whatever.. I'll stop posting then, have fun!
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:26 pm

Post by Andante »

cause this isn't worth my freaking time if this is how we're playing....
Rhaenyra
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:28 pm

Post by Rhaenyra »

In post 928, JunkoChan wrote:
yeah, you are def scum
For what? Because you disagree with her? What's next? Is every player who has a different opinion than you scum?

If you think any opinion other than yours is invalid and those whose opinion differs are all scum or morons, then go play mafia solo or something.

Why does everyone think their opinion is gospel?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:28 pm

Post by mastina »

Btw I, explicitly, have zero faith in my ability to read Firebringer, but he
does
look town to me for what it's worth.
In post 168, Dwlee99 wrote:I didn't realize what I was voting for when I voted for enchant oh no oh no oh no
And reaffirming my townread on you.
In post 158, Andante wrote:I would like to take back my "Junko probably town" and since I have declared Datisi town, that means the 4 I don't trust are Dann/GL/Junko/UNO
There
we go! THAT list is 2/4 minimum, potentially more.
In post 153, Andante wrote:I'm so confused at how you have conclusively arrived at "Dann is town"
Tbh I wouldn't mind voting Andante queen here, honestly. She's obvtown, and her thoughts are largely aligned with my own.
In post 184, ProfessorDrapion wrote:Well it doesn’t say VT but right now I only have 2 tools.
Back to thinking town, here.
In post 197, Lukewarm wrote:I fully read up, but did not feel like I retained much other then thinking this feels like town andante.
I'm still reading up, but let me say, I am thinking this is a town-Lukewarm, here.
In post 152, JunkoChan wrote:3. just generaly chill tone, dann doesn't like playing as scum as far as I know
Dann's tone is anything but chill; it's flat as fuck. Everything he's done has been forced, but not forced in the town way. Forced in the scum way, where he is doing things that he expects to look good but aren't actually good and don't fit with what a real town-Dann would be doing.
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:28 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 929, Andante wrote:
In post 924, Dannflor wrote:Junko, this is genuinely so freaking annoying.... I post anything "YOU ARE DEF SCUM" like, whatever.. I'll stop posting then, have fun!
overeacting much?

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:29 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 927, Titus wrote:
You're pushing to make mastina queen when she's not read? Huh?
obviously not right now this very second... I swear Titus... you're just out for blood with me, ready to attack anything I say.... "OMG YOU THINK DANN MAF AND WANT HIM KING"
"OMG MASTINA HASN'T READ AND YOU WANT HER KING??" obviously not yet.. I'm not voting for her, I said IN MY POST "if she keeps it up she'd be solid"

ok whatever this is the opposite of fun, I figured I'd chill tonight cause I'm not here tomorrow, but frick this, I'm not stressing over yalls nonsense
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:30 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 926, GuiltyLion wrote:also update for those interested, Rhaenyra is feeling more townie to me
I kinda feel this too but I didn't want to say it and reward her behavior lmao
Rhaenyra
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:30 pm

Post by Rhaenyra »

'Everyone, my word is Gospel and anyone who disagrees with my opinions even slightly is scum or stupid!'

- 90% of players in this game
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:30 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 914, Rhaenyra wrote:You know what? If you are gonna harp about how someone is scum just because of their playstyle, then I am out!
Mentioning replacing out is against the site rules. Threatening in this context definitely is against the site rules.

Please stop.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:31 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 932, mastina wrote:
In post 197, Lukewarm wrote:I fully read up, but did not feel like I retained much other then thinking this feels like town andante.
I'm still reading up, but let me say, I am thinking this is a town-Lukewarm, here.
I don't like this

even assuming town!Andante, giving a townread on her there is super boring and safe, how does that one read in particular lead to town!Lukewarm with any confidence?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:34 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 936, Rhaenyra wrote:'Everyone, my word is Gospel and anyone who disagrees with my opinions even slightly is scum or stupid!'

could you please burn your post count post haste? you are getting obnoxious

Rhaenyra
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:34 pm

Post by Rhaenyra »

In post 937, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 914, Rhaenyra wrote:You know what? If you are gonna harp about how someone is scum just because of their playstyle, then I am out!
Mentioning replacing out is against the site rules. Threatening in this context definitely is against the site rules.

Please stop.
Then fix your own behavior, please. You've been among those calling me stupid and generally being condescending just because I think mastina would be a good King. If you don't tolerate it when people's thoughts differ from your own, then go play mafia solo or play it with those who will kowtow to your opinion.
Rhaenyra
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:36 pm

Post by Rhaenyra »

In post 939, JunkoChan wrote:
In post 936, Rhaenyra wrote:'Everyone, my word is Gospel and anyone who disagrees with my opinions even slightly is scum or stupid!'

Lmao

To use mastina's phrase 'pot is calling a kettle black'.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:37 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 202, Enchant wrote:When i poison king, you are first on choping block, traitors.
Reaffirming my townread btw.
In post 198, PenguinPower wrote:
@mod: v/la until Tuesday
Might
actually be scum.
In post 203, Bellaphant wrote:Sorry, yesterday was busy, but I have read and have some town reads (andante, datisi, firebringer) and one scum read (unown). Enchant could be town?
Okay so this might be a bit of a weird take but like: while I agree with the reads, it kinda looks like scum clearing town, rather than town townreading town.
In post 204, Dannflor wrote:There is a performative / "showing off" tone to both of these posts that comes from scum a lot more often than not.

feel like you are putting on a show. There's a lot of like... feigned confidence here that I don't usually see townie's put into their page 3 reads. It reads like scum projecting confidence in order to see more town. feels like you are giving a presentation where the thesis is that "look I am having an in depth thought process on JunkoChan" not a townie who actually suspects JunkoChan. And there's like no attempt to reach out to or sort Junko. Just very definitive declarative statements with confidence that I don't think you'd actually feel here as town.

is just LAMIST. Like literally, "oh look at me I'm so town I read everything because I'm uninformed." It has this anxious look at me I'm so town energy that I feel like almost all your posts contain in some way.

These posts are pretty much exactly how I'd expect scum to be playing
this game early knowing that the most important thing for them is to get town read and get into a position of literal power
Funny you say that, Dann, about how you expect scum would be playing.

'Cause literally everything you're accusing Andante of here, you're the one actually guilty of doing.

No, seriously, this is legit MY case on you, but substituting Andante in: your posts were performative and showing off. You were putting on a show with feigned confidence that
never
comes from infamously-cautious town-Dannflor. You're projecting confidence to seem more town. You're making a presentation where the thesis is "look I have in-depth thoughts on Andante", not a town player actually suspecting her. And there's no attempt to sort her. Just a scumread declared definitively with confidence. Your posts reek of LAMIST.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:38 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 899, Dannflor wrote:
In post 895, Lukewarm wrote:Dann: I am conflicted here, because in our last game together, he repped in and it felt like I was reading my own thoughts typed out by him. He became my single strongest town read pretty rapidly because it felt like we were reading and thinking about the game in very similar ways, but this time I feel like we are not on the same page about literally anything. But also not really sure that that makes him scum basing it off of just the one game. But it does make me sad. (also, see Firebringer)
can you elaborate on what has you conflicted? this is a bunch of words that don't really say anything at all about my alignment but the wording of "I am conflicted" makes it sound like you do have thoughts on my alignment

is there towny stuff that you're balancing against this sad feeling?
The main confliction is that I don't know that that is even a reasonable metric to sort you on.

Because, I don't like how out of step we are compared to that last game, and I want to them say that that is because that time we were the same alignment and this time we are not, but then I am not actually all that sure that that is a good way to sort you since being in perfect lock step is a one game experience we had together.

That really is the biggest thought I have had about you this whole time, and I don't know if it even makes sense to use to sort.

Only other thoughts have been not liking the way firebringer responded to you, and weakly thinking that scum!you does not gain much from picking a fight with the OMGUSer-in-chief herself Andante (but also, you don't seem to have played together so you might not know that, but also also, at some point a member of the scum team would have had to have talked to you about it, so maybe not).
Rhaenyra
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:41 pm

Post by Rhaenyra »

In post 939, JunkoChan wrote:

Did you come up with that line all on your own or did your buddies feed it to you?

Cause all I see is attempts to reignite my rage from you and Dannflor, so that I will implode and give you smokescreen to hide behind.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:42 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 932, mastina wrote:Btw I, explicitly, have zero faith in my ability to read Firebringer, but he
does
look town to me for what it's worth.
In post 168, Dwlee99 wrote:I didn't realize what I was voting for when I voted for enchant oh no oh no oh no
And reaffirming my townread on you.
In post 158, Andante wrote:I would like to take back my "Junko probably town" and since I have declared Datisi town, that means the 4 I don't trust are Dann/GL/Junko/UNO
There
we go! THAT list is 2/4 minimum, potentially more.
In post 153, Andante wrote:I'm so confused at how you have conclusively arrived at "Dann is town"
Tbh I wouldn't mind voting Andante queen here, honestly. She's obvtown, and her thoughts are largely aligned with my own.
In post 184, ProfessorDrapion wrote:Well it doesn’t say VT but right now I only have 2 tools.
Back to thinking town, here.
In post 152, JunkoChan wrote:3. just generaly chill tone, dann doesn't like playing as scum as far as I know
Dann's tone is anything but chill; it's flat as fuck. Everything he's done has been forced, but not forced in the town way. Forced in the scum way, where he is doing things that he expects to look good but aren't actually good and don't fit with what a real town-Dann would be doing.

YESSSS SOMEONE WHO IS KINDA ON THE SAME PAGE AS ME... Oh this is so dangerous, Mastina, when you are caught up, I wanna discuss reads with you, cause thus far no one has really cared for any of my reads except what I think of them, this is gonna get dangerous though... so dangerous.. cause some of these reads I make all rely on certain connections I see between people, so like, me sitting here now, seeing that you definitely agree with that pool of 4 being sus... has me thinking back...(cause that pool has shifted a bit now...) and I'm just sitting here like, Well, UNO did go silent after I started pushing there.... UNO was one of the first to call me town/vote me king, but now won't mention my name with king lol ahhhh ok, soo you're catching up, I need to calm down, I'm busy tomorrow, I'll aim for Thursday-ish with my list of reads/reasons and I'd LOVE your feedback on them! cause the only feedback I'll get from the rest of these guys is "your read on me makes no sense!!"
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:43 pm

Post by Dannflor »

mastina, if you're town

I think being as cautious and indecisive as I have been historically is a great big flaw in my gameplay and also kind of a personal flaw

I have recently been making an effort to be a bit more aggressive and confident

and I feel like you already witnessed that in Datisi's Cafe a fair bit

also like, your read seems a little more believable now, but it seems to have come about based on posts after your initial scum read on me which makes me feel like you're either making this read up or you're conf-biasing because you already decided my alignment

I don't know if this is actually a good use of my posts but whatever
Rhaenyra
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:43 pm

Post by Rhaenyra »

You said it yourself, didn't you? I am too emotional and I think you are using that to further your agenda. Each time I start to calm down, you or Dann are there to set me off once again.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:44 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 943, Lukewarm wrote:at some point a member of the scum team would have had to have talked to you about it, so maybe not
first, not necessarily

second, Dann has kinda de-escalated from pushing on Andante so much so even if this were the case, it could still fit a profile of scum!him here

third, some people (I think Datisi even already explicitly mentioned playing this way as scum?) might intentionally bait an OMGUS to make themselves look good off of getting into an early fight and fighting off a "bad" scumread on themselves

sorry to keep harping on you but this is the kinda stuff where it feels to me like you're finding reasons to justify your reads rather than arriving at them from a full thought out process

I know you've said you're only giving 20% so far this game so give a bit more of that remaining 80% please :]
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:44 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 909, UNOwen wrote:
In post 901, GuiltyLion wrote: do you think positioning himself in that way is inherently scummy? I feel town!VPB would want to do that as well
Why advocate Andres to be king if you're going to try to undercut him before he's been crowned? Why not make the case for full democracy then elect the king once that has been agreed? Or why not advocate himself as king if he wants to be in a position of power? It feels underhand and treasonous to me.
As I read this, I get the feeling that you believe what you are saying here

But I think I fundamentally disagree that the idea should to "either name king, and let king do all of the PR naming without other people's input OR democracy all positions" so I am not surprised at all to see VP giving input on the roles, and dont view it as "undercutting".

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”