Goon
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:25 pm

Post by Rhaenyra »

And here's the thing, I want to feel useful, and I am not sure whether I'll be of any use of town as just a VT. My reads are mediocre at best, so I need some sort of power role to balance out my mediocrity.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:34 pm

Post by Dannflor »

Rhaenyra, showing that you are town is useful by itself
Rhaenyra
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:43 pm

Post by Rhaenyra »

In post 1276, Dannflor wrote:Rhaenyra, showing that you are town is useful by itself
Not if I am locked out of the Council. You have seen people asking me for other reads and me being unable to give them. So yea.
Rhaenyra
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:44 pm

Post by Rhaenyra »

This is the last post I'll make on this irl day. See you in a bit.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:07 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1259, UNOwen wrote:You say he's hasn't expressed slimy scumreads - sure, but what are his scum reads? We're in a part of the game where scum aren't needing to wagon anyone - how is the lack of sliminess meaningful? I'd expect a scum strategy here could be to coast this part by being proactive in King electing theory to boost their own townie stakes. Steering in a pro-town direction? How? By balloting people for their opinions on Andres as king? Again this seems a fairly neutral activity in the context of VPB not expecting Andres to do much more than go with consensus. Ignoring unproductive conversations - what are you referring to here and how is that extremely townie?
idk I followed along completely with his Datisi suspicion evolving into more trust there. similar good feelings about whenever he voices suspicion on people, because he's just really clear and upfront about it (in a way that I did not see in his scumgames, woo meta)

comments like these:
Spoiler: VPB scumreads/suspicions
In post 354, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 280, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:On face everyone will agree a townie needs to be king, but actions aren't lining up with intent. We're on path to select a king from the most active most friendly face, I think, which is likely to be a recipe for disaster.
Don't think I agree that's the path we are on. I appreciate your urgency, but also think you're trying to control the outcome a little bit...plus UNOwen as king seems kind of LOL, frankly.
In post 511, VP Baltar wrote:This is a fair paranoia and vibes with where I'm at trying to figure out LLD. I have a pretty natural aversion to people openly seeking power, so the bully play doesn't make a lot of sense to me as scum.

I do think part of my bad vibes are based in LLD giving pretty uncharitable reads of yours and others' statements so far.

If I had to guess, LLD doesn't care about being king but does want to be seen as a good strategist who would be useful on the small council. I need to separate myself from my natural aversion to the bully approach to the game and see if I actually find LLD's control complex scummy or not.
In post 676, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 656, Firebringer wrote:Rhaenya is town. Nothing to discuss there
Actually would like to hear more on this. I don't think I have experience with Yume, and I have a bad tendency to want to just remove players from the game if their playstyles annoy me.
In post 744, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 742, Thestatusquo wrote:I think Rhea's posting from a motivational standpoint seems like a really good way avoid talking about literally anything else that's happening in the thread and I think that people tend to town read crazy also so like its possible this is genuine but I think it is also definitely possible its a scum tactic.
I agree with this.
In post 1072, VP Baltar wrote:Enchant's play doesn't seem that townie actually. It's not super engaged in poking people enchant finds scummy in a real way, which they do in my experience.

I can think of one reason why maybe that's the case, but also enchant is better than this as town.
In post 1114, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1107, Charloux wrote:I see Fire's obsession with being a master of coin to be town indicative. My argument is that scum wouldn't really want to limit themselves to a certain position as long as they make it to the council.

I can understand Rhaenyra's annoyance with everybody sus-ing her. Everybody has their own thought process and calling something scummy because it's different from your perception is either narrowminded town or scum acting like narrowminded town. It's easy to say comment A is bad and point fingers. Scum don't post stuff if they are aware the logic is flawed right?

Baltar is a jerk. Don't like him deciding the whole roster of who gets what position, feels powerwolfy.

I know Andre didn't ask me to comment on Enchant, but meh. I don't see scum choosing Enchant as their pick to run for king; Forgot who said it but Enchant is an ultimate meme choice. How many people want a good king, and how many want a meme king? There is a possibility of him going awol though.

Fire commented twice about him being scum in #1000 and #1080, i don't understand what he wanted to achieve with this.

#1097 @Rhae: Normally speaking, people don't want someone alien to them(As in incomprehensible reads) to be their king. That's the main reason people don't want someone like ou, mastina or enchant to be king. Logically i agree with this, but personally i want it to happen.

If there are any questions about specific posts that need commenting on feel free to ask.
This post is...not great.

Master of coin is actually a very powerful position because it dictates if the other positions can act or not. If you can't see the scum benefit of that, well..

I'll skip over your comment about me because that's level zero thinking.

On Rhae...I think very few people are sussing her actually. Many are saying she's simply difficult to interact with this game and they're ignoring. I've personally felt she might be town because this is extremely short sighted scum play, though could be an act idk.

As far as questions, I'd like to hear some reads on your top 3-5 and bottom 3-5 players.

holistically I just agree/vibe with all of it and it feels super transparent to me.

Spoiler: Avoiding unproductive conversations
In post 952, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 895, Lukewarm wrote:Also felt good to see him point out the same Datisi post that I did.
Let's be clear, I don't think Datisi is necessarily scummy for this. It just didn't make sense to me. I think you're off on your own on where you've taken that.
after initially poking Datisi for clarification, I feel this was a pretty measured and proactive way to voice that he didn't agree with Luke's push on Datisi without like, getting personally involved or shit-stirring
In post 1008, VP Baltar wrote:Mastina is like an apparition of life long past. You want to say hello, but you know it's useless.

Rhae, how would you feel about Mastina in my Kingsguard?

pedit- TSQ, it's really not worth responding. It is clear you two cannot move that convo in a productive way. I asked you a question though that you could weigh in on.
^he also told Dwlee to skip reading the TSQ/Rhaenyra fight in

I can accept maybe he shouldn't be treated as the most obvtowniest obvtown but he's pretty much above most of the rest of the field for me, and I'm not sure why you're so hung up on tearing him down specifically unless this is the attitude you will take with most non-UNOwen kings? Like who in your mind is more trustworthy here?

I'm not really comparing him to some predefined expectation of how scum will play in this setup, I'm just trying to sort people and find town the way I normally do.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:09 pm

Post by Dannflor »

VOTE: VP Baltar
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:11 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

my current thinking for council picks - {Andres, VPB, Datisi, LLD, Mastina, Firebringer, TSQ}

I'm not 100% convinced that's all town just by probability and because mafia be good at the game sometimes, but I think it's the best blend of skilled players, townreads, with some hedge on if I'm being snowed by a scum or two. I would advocate for these players as councillors regardless of whether I'm king
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:12 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 1279, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1259, UNOwen wrote:You say he's hasn't expressed slimy scumreads - sure, but what are his scum reads? We're in a part of the game where scum aren't needing to wagon anyone - how is the lack of sliminess meaningful? I'd expect a scum strategy here could be to coast this part by being proactive in King electing theory to boost their own townie stakes. Steering in a pro-town direction? How? By balloting people for their opinions on Andres as king? Again this seems a fairly neutral activity in the context of VPB not expecting Andres to do much more than go with consensus. Ignoring unproductive conversations - what are you referring to here and how is that extremely townie?
idk I followed along completely with his Datisi suspicion evolving into more trust there. similar good feelings about whenever he voices suspicion on people, because he's just really clear and upfront about it (in a way that I did not see in his scumgames, woo meta)

comments like these:
Spoiler: VPB scumreads/suspicions
In post 354, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 280, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:On face everyone will agree a townie needs to be king, but actions aren't lining up with intent. We're on path to select a king from the most active most friendly face, I think, which is likely to be a recipe for disaster.
Don't think I agree that's the path we are on. I appreciate your urgency, but also think you're trying to control the outcome a little bit...plus UNOwen as king seems kind of LOL, frankly.
In post 511, VP Baltar wrote:This is a fair paranoia and vibes with where I'm at trying to figure out LLD. I have a pretty natural aversion to people openly seeking power, so the bully play doesn't make a lot of sense to me as scum.

I do think part of my bad vibes are based in LLD giving pretty uncharitable reads of yours and others' statements so far.

If I had to guess, LLD doesn't care about being king but does want to be seen as a good strategist who would be useful on the small council. I need to separate myself from my natural aversion to the bully approach to the game and see if I actually find LLD's control complex scummy or not.
In post 676, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 656, Firebringer wrote:Rhaenya is town. Nothing to discuss there
Actually would like to hear more on this. I don't think I have experience with Yume, and I have a bad tendency to want to just remove players from the game if their playstyles annoy me.
In post 744, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 742, Thestatusquo wrote:I think Rhea's posting from a motivational standpoint seems like a really good way avoid talking about literally anything else that's happening in the thread and I think that people tend to town read crazy also so like its possible this is genuine but I think it is also definitely possible its a scum tactic.
I agree with this.
In post 1072, VP Baltar wrote:Enchant's play doesn't seem that townie actually. It's not super engaged in poking people enchant finds scummy in a real way, which they do in my experience.

I can think of one reason why maybe that's the case, but also enchant is better than this as town.
In post 1114, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1107, Charloux wrote:I see Fire's obsession with being a master of coin to be town indicative. My argument is that scum wouldn't really want to limit themselves to a certain position as long as they make it to the council.

I can understand Rhaenyra's annoyance with everybody sus-ing her. Everybody has their own thought process and calling something scummy because it's different from your perception is either narrowminded town or scum acting like narrowminded town. It's easy to say comment A is bad and point fingers. Scum don't post stuff if they are aware the logic is flawed right?

Baltar is a jerk. Don't like him deciding the whole roster of who gets what position, feels powerwolfy.

I know Andre didn't ask me to comment on Enchant, but meh. I don't see scum choosing Enchant as their pick to run for king; Forgot who said it but Enchant is an ultimate meme choice. How many people want a good king, and how many want a meme king? There is a possibility of him going awol though.

Fire commented twice about him being scum in #1000 and #1080, i don't understand what he wanted to achieve with this.

#1097 @Rhae: Normally speaking, people don't want someone alien to them(As in incomprehensible reads) to be their king. That's the main reason people don't want someone like ou, mastina or enchant to be king. Logically i agree with this, but personally i want it to happen.

If there are any questions about specific posts that need commenting on feel free to ask.
This post is...not great.

Master of coin is actually a very powerful position because it dictates if the other positions can act or not. If you can't see the scum benefit of that, well..

I'll skip over your comment about me because that's level zero thinking.

On Rhae...I think very few people are sussing her actually. Many are saying she's simply difficult to interact with this game and they're ignoring. I've personally felt she might be town because this is extremely short sighted scum play, though could be an act idk.

As far as questions, I'd like to hear some reads on your top 3-5 and bottom 3-5 players.

holistically I just agree/vibe with all of it and it feels super transparent to me.

Spoiler: Avoiding unproductive conversations
In post 952, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 895, Lukewarm wrote:Also felt good to see him point out the same Datisi post that I did.
Let's be clear, I don't think Datisi is necessarily scummy for this. It just didn't make sense to me. I think you're off on your own on where you've taken that.
after initially poking Datisi for clarification, I feel this was a pretty measured and proactive way to voice that he didn't agree with Luke's push on Datisi without like, getting personally involved or shit-stirring
In post 1008, VP Baltar wrote:Mastina is like an apparition of life long past. You want to say hello, but you know it's useless.

Rhae, how would you feel about Mastina in my Kingsguard?

pedit- TSQ, it's really not worth responding. It is clear you two cannot move that convo in a productive way. I asked you a question though that you could weigh in on.
^he also told Dwlee to skip reading the TSQ/Rhaenyra fight in

I can accept maybe he shouldn't be treated as the most obvtowniest obvtown but he's pretty much above most of the rest of the field for me, and I'm not sure why you're so hung up on tearing him down specifically unless this is the attitude you will take with most non-UNOwen kings? Like who in your mind is more trustworthy here?

I'm not really comparing him to some predefined expectation of how scum will play in this setup, I'm just trying to sort people and find town the way I normally do.
Aight VOTE: VPB
For how to play with JunkoChan, click on my wiki!

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
Rhaenyra
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:21 pm

Post by Rhaenyra »

One last thing, if you are gonna render me useless, then I'll be useless on purpose, I swear on the memory of Robb.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:24 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1272, Firebringer wrote:>am i to assume theres ways for master of coin to make more money?
Gamestonk.

UNVOTE: andres
VOTE: GuiltyLion

I won't vote myself unless we're at deadline and need to make a decision. I generally agree with GL's thoughts on council. Interesting Datisi wasn't on there.

I also think he's town here and I know I am, so LOL have fun picking scum.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:27 pm

Post by ProfessorDrapion »

VOTE: JunkoChan

I trust this.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:28 pm

Post by Charloux »

VOTE: VP Baltar I don't really have a reason to oppose it, and he seems competent.

I'm 99% certain you won't, but don't put me on the small council.

On mafia getting additional abilities if council... Maester can poison, master of whispers is informed or can mess with investigation results. Not sure what the others might be.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:31 pm

In post 1281, GuiltyLion wrote:my current thinking for council picks - {Andres, VPB, Datisi, LLD, Mastina, Firebringer, TSQ}

I'm not 100% convinced that's all town just by probability and because mafia be good at the game sometimes, but I think it's the best blend of skilled players, townreads, with some hedge on if I'm being snowed by a scum or two. I would advocate for these players as councillors regardless of whether I'm king
That’s why I’m voting a less vocal player as my pick.

Someone who may not be a loud voice but someone who you can say “this is probably town” on.
Even though my read on that player is completely Gut I trust it.

Anyone who finds me sus, especially for this let me ask you this.

Why do I give a fuck to vote here of wolf? I don’t.

I just voting someone who I think would be the best choice in the long run so I was looking for a player that I don’t see pushing agenda and I don’t see manipulating or could redirect anything.

If Junko is King, even if wolf, they don’t look like a player that can push a whole lot from what I have seen, there is allot more vocal players that if wolf are more dangerous.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:32 pm

The vocal players aren’t always the best choice.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:36 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

FlavorImage

Aegon I Targaryen, also known as Aegon the Conqueror and Aegon the Dragon, was the first Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and king on the Iron Throne, having conquered six of the Seven Kingdoms during the Conquest. The dragonlord was the founder of the ruling Targaryen dynasty of Westeros.

Aegon was tall, broad-shouldered and powerful in appearance, with purple eyes and short-cut silver-gold hair. He was very charismatic and commanding. During his Conquest he typically wore a shirt of black scales into battle and wielded Blackfyre, a bastard sword made of Valyrian steel. His crown was a simple circlet of Valyrian steel, set with big square-cut rubies.

Aegon was seen as an enigma even to his contemporaries. He was a solitary person whose only friend was Orys Baratheon, who was widely believed to be his bastard half-brother. The king was a great warrior who only rode his dragon, Balerion, for battle or travel and never entered tourneys. Aegon remained faithful to his sisters and left governance in their hands and only took command when necessary. While he was harsh with those who defied him, he was generous to those that bent the knee.

Coronation Vote - Day OneWith twenty one players alive - it requires eleven votes to make a decision. Plurality rules will apply at the deadline.

VP Baltar [7]:
Datisi, Lukewarm, Andresvmb, GuiltyLion, Dannflor, Junkochan, Charloux
GuiltyLion [4]:
thestatusquo, Dwlee99, PenguinPower, VP Baltar
Unowen [3]:
Lady Lambdadelta, Unowen, Enchant
Andante [2]:
mastina, Andante
Junkochan [2]:
Firebringer, ProfessorDrapion
Dannflor [1]:
Titus
Thestatusquo [1]:
Bellaphant
Lady Lambdadelta [1]:
Rhaenyra

not voting [0]:

Deadline:

(expired on 2022-11-19 23:48:35)

mod notedatisi - vla wed/thurs always
I do everything by hand so please pm me if I miss something.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:57 pm

I didn’t even realize someone already voted them lmao.

But hey yeah I agree with it.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:59 pm

I don’t directly trust VP tbh.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:00 pm

@JunkoChan

Put me on Council and Town Auto Wins.

Me want ability, me take down wolves with that ability.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:01 pm

I don’t even know what ability options there are I didn’t even bother to read them.

But I don’t like Vanilla.
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:04 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 1292, ProfessorDrapion wrote:@JunkoChan

Put me on Council and Town Auto Wins.

Me want ability, me take down wolves with that ability.
If I'm queen I hereby promise that I shall grant you your wish

(there's no way this goes through btw but I like your energy)

VOTE: Junko

I will inflict you with the pain of a thousand slapping anime girls ~thenewearth
you do know if you kill me that's a one way ticket to execution-ville ~Iprobablysuck
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:08 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

@Firebringer offer still up if I'm queen

Rhaenyra
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:09 pm

Post by Rhaenyra »

*sigh* Is there a King willing to include me in the Council? If there is, I vote for them. (Yes, since mastina won't be chosen, I will prioritize fun over winning. So pick me, please. Pretty please?)
JunkoChan
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
JunkoChan
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:10 pm

Post by JunkoChan »

In post 1296, Rhaenyra wrote:*sigh* Is there a King willing to include me in the Council? If there is, I vote for them. (Yes, since mastina won't be chosen, I will prioritize fun over winning. So pick me, please. Pretty please?)
I'll give you tracker thingy if you promise to not be obnoxious, the moment you do I execute you

Rhaenyra
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:12 pm

Post by Rhaenyra »

Is the tracker thingy Hand of the King? That's what I am interested in the most. I am, however,willing to bargain.
Rhaenyra
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Rhaenyra
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:15 pm

Post by Rhaenyra »

But I am not sure you'll really do it, since you lied about your promise to read my mastina pitch.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”