BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:23 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 166, Bellaphant wrote:I find I tend to scum read greeting for tone and be wrong a fair bit.
In post 198, Bellaphant wrote:Eh, I think this could be greetings town game.
In post 274, Bellaphant wrote:I finally think I have a good grasp of greetings meta: in the past I definitely scum read them too easy for tone things.
These three posts don't line up.
In post 274, Bellaphant wrote:The two people saying the exact same thing generally worries me? It was you and....not known? The whole push felt scummy and I do have like a bop on you.
Why would two people saying the same thing worry you?

Why did the push feel scummy? And what do you mean you have a bop on me?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:23 am

Post by Bellaphant »

? They exactly line up?

I mean, it was three. Would you argue that's organic? I just....expect you to be asking these questions, rather than shrugging it off.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:54 am

No, they don't. The first post implies you usually read Greeting incorrectly based on tone.

This then progresses into a town read on Greeting (someone you admittedly find difficult to read) based on very little information and I don't think it's genuine.

This then progresses into you magically having a good grasp of their meta and this being the base of your read. How did all this happen in 5 pages or whatever it was?

OK, let's say three. There are only two scum. If you believe that Greeting was genuinely scum hunting then you also believe the following;

Scum decided to join together with the same 'false reasoning' to push somebody and thus inexplicably tie themselves together for the remainder of the game.

Or, exactly one person is scum. Which means that two townies saw the same thing and agreed with each other while one scum tagged along.

Or, all three people are town and Greeting wasn't scum hunting. I'm pretty sure you don't think the third is an option. So which of the first two do you believe?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:01 am

In post 275, Bellaphant wrote:You, tap and not known. Three people !
Not known isn't in this game
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:03 am

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

sorry everyone, i've been busy. still collecting my thoughts but i'll have them up soon
In post 198, Bellaphant wrote:Eh, I think this could be greetings town game. Dislike that two people turned up with the same narrative at the same time about them.
@bbt or anyone: does scum say this before a night kill on NK15? it seems unlikely to me
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:09 am

I don't think that would be something that scum discussed when assessing who to kill, no.

You're taking your time given you think there is so much we could be talking about.

Can you give a little something, something?

VOTE: Tapio
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:13 am

Wouldn't mind seeing something from Elmo as well.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:28 am

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 279, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 275, Bellaphant wrote:You, tap and not known. Three people !
Not known isn't in this game

??? He was the nk. That's a pretty silly fake slip.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:30 am

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 276, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 166, Bellaphant wrote:I find I tend to scum read greeting for tone and be wrong a fair bit.
In post 198, Bellaphant wrote:Eh, I think this could be greetings town game.
In post 274, Bellaphant wrote:I finally think I have a good grasp of greetings meta: in the past I definitely scum read them too easy for tone things.
These three posts don't line up.
In post 274, Bellaphant wrote:The two people saying the exact same thing generally worries me? It was you and....not known? The whole push felt scummy and I do have like a bop on you.
Why would two people saying the same thing worry you?

Why did the push feel scummy? And what do you mean you have a bop on me?
Ok...the first says exactly what I have been saying - I have made this mistake before. I am aware that it's a thing to be wary of. Therefore,.by the second post i'd clearly been ok with reading them as town. I showed you, before, why I felt their early game had been towny. The posts all day the same thing: it's easy to read greeting as scum for nai things but this is their town game..
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:32 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Also, most likely the second. That's cool, I already know one of the three was down, as they were, saying the nk. So one of you or tapio can be scum. Ace.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:33 am

Might look like a fake slip now. But post-game it's just going to look plain dumb. Meh, it's whatever.

I still stand by what I said regarding your posts about Greeting, but I'm more interested in Tapio right now so have no interest in pursuing it further.

Pedit - Vote Tapio with me then?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:37 am

On that note Bella, what made you decide that my vote for Greeting was worse than Tapio's?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:38 am

Post by Bellaphant »

The VCS are pretty weird too. I was the RVs push, then sort of player six, then spartan Ans greeting get to e-2, then bbt wagon pops up at EOD. Tapi was on three of those wagons though....

P-edit get out of my head I'm just looking at VCS. That's creepy ;)
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:40 am

I'm reasonably confident that both scum are in Tapio, Elmo, Bella and Looker.

My problem is that I just can't read Bella, so if one of the other three could town it up, that would be great.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:42 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Our issue is I inherently like to tr you, And you like to scum read me ;) I think you underestimate me.so right now when I don't feel 'bbt is town', I worry.

I just want a lot more from Spartan.
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:44 am

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

oh god that's a lot of posts

i'm currently making a writeup BBT but p6's slot and spartan are my biggest scumreads right now
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:44 am

I underestimate you in what way? I scum read you because every time I have felt reasonably confident you were town you turned out to be scum. So, you know.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:46 am

@Tapio, looking forward to seeing what you got to say about P6/Elmo
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:48 am

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

In post 281, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I don't think that would be something that scum discussed when assessing who to kill, no.

You're taking your time given you think there is so much we could be talking about.

Can you give a little something, something?

VOTE: Tapio
also I'm not sure if I misunderstood what you've said but what I mean is does scum!bella say this and then night kill NK15
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:49 am

I honestly don't know.

But I don't think it's something that factors into scum's thinking about who to kill.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:57 am

Post by furtiveglance »

VC 2.1

BlueBloodedToffee (2) BlueSnakelet, Bellaphant

Tapiocaphobe (1) BlueBloodedToffee

Not Voting (4) Elmo TeH AzN, Tapiocaphobe, Looker, Spartan117

Prodding Elmo TeH AzN.

Deadline is (expired on 2022-11-25 19:56:03)
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:15 am

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

so the read I have on yesterday is that me and NK15 pushed a greeting wagon hard, a couple of people jumped on, and the rest of town was conflicted.
with the flips we know NK15 (the biggest pusher) was town, so I know the wagon was almost entirely town-aligned, which makes me think scum was playing reactively to d1 and probably hopped on to the greeting wagon.
so out of the wagon, that leaves me with bbt, spartan, looker, and p6 (elmo's slot). imo BBT is basically locktown with his play. he's aggressively prodding slots and trying to sort.

spartan was really scummy in d1. he had very little to say after RVS, talked repeatedly throughout the day about how unsure he was of greeting's slot (172, 175, 199, 226/227) without seemingly any interest in actually sorting the slot, but is very happy to vote him once town starts running out of time. he does, however, have a lot to say (and an OMGUS vote!) on blue for bringing up something I actually thought had some water to it: the idea that scum!spartan is happy to let greeting eliminate himself. spartan says himself in 175 that he has little influence on how the push goes (i think its also scummy he then goes on to imply there's scum voting him by "wondering" aloud without trying to sort). I'm honestly surprised blue backed off on this read today; NK15's flip should make that read
stronger,
considering we now know a big part of the push was town.

i think p6's vote on greeting was also scummy. what struck me as very odd yesterday was the fact that P6 stuck to his RVS reads and continued to push bella and greeting as scum throughout the day. I initially read him as being misguided town, but even in 165, he's
still pushing greeting
off of 16. I honestly thought 16 was just a joke vote for RVS. why is he still committed to it so close to the end of the day? it reads to me like he's scum trying to join a miselimination off of reads he started the game with.

i don't really know how to read looker at this point. i think he might be town. i TR most of ghardi's posts and it seems like he might be trying to sort the game. i want to investigate this slot more.

bella and blue i still sort of town-lean, i want to also look at these slots more but i'm running out of time right now. i'll get to it soon, maybe tonight or probably tomorrow if not.

VOTE: Spartan117
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:17 am

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

oh i also don't think the p6 wagon at the end of yesterday was scum-motivated, so i kind of think looker's/blue's play was town. i still need to look at it.

side note i know speculating on night kills is an exercise in futility but NK15 being killed is weird to me

also i can't proofread rn so sorry if there's any mistakes above
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:22 am

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

In post 193, Spartan117 wrote:Alright so its late and I've not got time to read through will have to be tomorrow night when I get in, any off the cuff questions that don't require me to read through posts I'll be around sporadically tomorrow while at work.
yoink

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”