Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5001 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:35 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 4998, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:Is furtive a Solar Goon who wants to die to protect the Cult Leader?
To me, it feels like everyone else is trolling. The way I'm seeing myself play rn is that I'm calling out scummy players, and the players I'm not calling out are going "oh look, someone's pushing on scummy slots in an otherwise completely dead game in which town will almost definitely lose, must be cult".
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5002 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:36 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 4999, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
In post 4989, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 4988, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 4987, MathBlade wrote:VOTE: furtive
:facepalm:
I hope for you're sake that you're some kind of Cultist with a day kill. Because if not, it's just embarrassing that you've voted me with the amount of scum I'm calling out.
Like I'm not sure how you can post this with any amount of seriousness as town
?

MathBlade shot unwnd, who was one of my top towns, and NO ONE said to kill them, and then turns around and votes me. If they're town, it's complete buffoonery.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #5003 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:38 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 4997, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 4996, Firebringer wrote:keep telling urself that.
feels like ur trying to start some fight or get me to be active. Either way, not interested.

do u have anything of substance to think im scum or just this "ur not doing anything"
1) So you're not even pretending to be interested in 'getting active'?

2) That is in itself a reason. Lack of contribution is scummy, and when we normalise (i.e. nullread) players who do nothing, site meta suffers as a result.
1) I will be active when im interested in game. U can't force people to care about a game
2) U can't change site meta by trying to enforce policy lims. I have been on this site for like 7 years. If u think u can preach change and then everyone just accepts ur vision of what should be normal behavior, ur wrong. The focus should be on improving ur own ability to read people.

So i guess we got nothing here.
Think i got a weak townread here...although seems like ur scumread on me isn't based on thinking of my alignment in some deep thought more generalized view of scummy behavior. So this could be easy to say all this.

Ehhhhhhhh weak weak town. Gonna ignore u for now.

pedit - furtive if u haven't been trolling. I don't know what the hell some of ur posts purpose are for. It seems literally to fuck with people.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5004 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:39 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 5003, Firebringer wrote:
In post 4997, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 4996, Firebringer wrote:keep telling urself that.
feels like ur trying to start some fight or get me to be active. Either way, not interested.

do u have anything of substance to think im scum or just this "ur not doing anything"
1) So you're not even pretending to be interested in 'getting active'?

2) That is in itself a reason. Lack of contribution is scummy, and when we normalise (i.e. nullread) players who do nothing, site meta suffers as a result.
1) I will be active when im interested in game. U can't force people to care about a game
2) U can't change site meta by trying to enforce policy lims. I have been on this site for like 7 years. If u think u can preach change and then everyone just accepts ur vision of what should be normal behavior, ur wrong. The focus should be on improving ur own ability to read people.

So i guess we got nothing here.
Think i got a weak townread here...although seems like ur scumread on me isn't based on thinking of my alignment in some deep thought more generalized view of scummy behavior. So this could be easy to say all this.

Ehhhhhhhh weak weak town. Gonna ignore u for now.

pedit - furtive if u haven't been trolling. I don't know what the hell some of ur posts purpose are for. It seems literally to fuck with people.
Which posts
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5005 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:46 am

Post by Dingle Dangle Scarecrow »

I hope for you're sake that you're some kind of Cultist with a day kill. Because if not,
it's just embarrassing that you've voted me with the amount of scum I'm calling out.
It's like you have reads and that's supposed to magically convince everyone that your reads are right without you presenting reasoning for them. The whole game aren't playing badly by being unable to read your mind.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5006 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:46 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 4949, Scarfmanship wrote:I have to do a lot of work to convince myself furitive is town which makes me feel bad for him if he is, since he actually posts in the game. My progression on furitive has been as this:

day 1: he's doing stuff, probably down (oops, in hindsight he hard defended MMR until they crumbled, whatever)
day 2: he's doing nothing and his reads don't feel like they've meaningfully or naturally progressed, feels brittle and made up
day 3: furitive has gained an unwarranted self confidence and his agenda is to kill the lowest activity slots in the game. [minus enchant ig]

i would rather kill toogeloo today if we don't do PPF, but we will do PPF.
In post 4843, furtiveglance wrote:VOTE: PPF

Confirm yourself then. Bet you won't
This is a pretty awful interaction, especially as this vote isn't even there anymore.

So questions to furitive:

1. Explain your vote/scumread on me, if you even still have one. To me it looks like you scumread me day 1 for good reason, but as I gained more credibility, you have been afraid to change that for fear of looking inconsistent.
2. Explain your thoughts on PPF. Remember when you posted this one day 1?
In post 2030, furtiveglance wrote:6 Past Present Future (Hydra of Nancy Drew 39, Titus, and Auro) - strong TR. I think this slot will either become obvtown or get voted out, so I'm not too worried. As in if this slot is scum, they'll just 1) stop posting as much and 2) start treading water.
Damn, you nailed PPF! That's exactly what they're doing! So.... why is it more important that we vote out a lurker?
3. Explain in more detail your scumreads, because as pointed out they are all low activity slots. Ydrasse is scum who has given up? Under what pressure? Scum is doing fine, they only lost one guy on one team.
4. opinion on t-bone?
5. opinion on enchant? What makes enchant different than ydrasse, firebringer, and toogeloo?
1) Thought you were trynna fake towntell with the doomed deathbed talk. I explained it at the time.

2) Yeah the slot hasn't become obvtown. I've repeatedly told that slot to full claim, if we all want to vote them up so that they do I'm happy to.

3) As my reads on you/DDS started trending upward, I looked elsewhere.

4) T-Bone could easily be scum, but not a priority vote. Could easily be town.

5) I forgot Enchant was in the game really. Why haven't they been prodded/replaced?
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5007 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:47 am

And you /still/ haven't addressed the thing about Ydrasse, just sidestepped it entirely. It feels very intentional at this point.
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5008 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:48 am

In post 4898, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
@furtiveglance

viewtopic.php?t=89363&f=3&st=0&sk=t&sd= ... er_sort=Go

Give this a read-through. If your argument is that Ydrasse is scum because she wouldn't 'set the bar' this low as town, I believe this game is a counterexample.

I'm not necessarily arguing that this is a case for her being *town*, but I do believe it provides an alternative to the worldview you've stated where you think she's just given up scum.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5009 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:48 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 5005, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
I hope for you're sake that you're some kind of Cultist with a day kill. Because if not,
it's just embarrassing that you've voted me with the amount of scum I'm calling out.
It's like you have reads and that's supposed to magically convince everyone that your reads are right without you presenting reasoning for them. The whole game aren't playing badly by being unable to read your mind.
I guess in my own mind the usual scenario is *I vote x scummy player*, *someone else goes "yeah I'd like some pressure here as well" and votes with me*. But instead it's like the more I vote other players, the more people think I'm cult. It makes literally zero sense.
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5010 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:49 am

Because you're playing with people who want to actually discuss *why* you have those reads and you're... not doing that
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5011 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:50 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 5007, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:And you /still/ haven't addressed the thing about Ydrasse, just sidestepped it entirely. It feels very intentional at this point.
I'm not going to read that game. I don't want to. It would be a waste of time. I nearly made a post earlier just to say that I wouldn't read it, but then I didn't. I played in a game with Town Ydrasse. They were low content/memeing in that game as well. It was different. It just was. I know they're not Town in this game. Gladiate us if you want.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5012 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:53 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 5010, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:Because you're playing with people who want to actually discuss *why* you have those reads and you're... not doing that
Not sure how to respond to this really. This game hasn't been the most traditional one. Have you 'cased' anyone this game? I don't know how useful that would be.
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5013 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:54 am

Ok I guess our vote will just stay on you then
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5014 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:55 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5011, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 5007, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:And you /still/ haven't addressed the thing about Ydrasse, just sidestepped it entirely. It feels very intentional at this point.
I'm not going to read that game. I don't want to. It would be a waste of time. I nearly made a post earlier just to say that I wouldn't read it, but then I didn't. I played in a game with Town Ydrasse. They were low content/memeing in that game as well. It was different. It just was. I know they're not Town in this game. Gladiate us if you want.
Then why push FB if you’re more sure on Ydrasse?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5015 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:55 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 5013, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:Ok I guess our vote will just stay on you then
Put the other one on the phone
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5016 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:56 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 5014, MathBlade wrote:
In post 5011, furtiveglance wrote:
Then why push FB if you’re more sure on Ydrasse?
Because you and DDS are blocking that vote like a blocker in some kind of sport that I don't watch
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5017 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:59 am

Cool, but that could still be an issue for another day. Where me and klick are is: we get a scum flip, we get some night results and it's basically Poe from there. We have a few reads that like, we are fine to reconsider with evidence, but PPF, csf and math are like lock town.

My issue is that you do seem a bit like when I was cult leader. Can you see it a bit from my pov? You have a ton of posts but even though like yeah, we have t cased anyone, our reads are obviously enough that scarf was able to figure out most of them.

.I just want a bit more from you. I also feel like you should have a better read of me?

B
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #5018 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:00 am

Post by Ydrasse »

furtive's tone warbles between sincere and hints of datisi's cafe but in theory i could imagine town feeling more like the outsider sort of perspective in this game bc multiball
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #5019 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:05 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 5018, Ydrasse wrote:hints of datisi's cafe
what does this mean
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #5020 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:05 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 5019, Firebringer wrote:
In post 5018, Ydrasse wrote:hints of datisi's cafe
what does this mean
furtive was sk in that game and by the end well. the tone was not doing it
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #5021 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:07 am

Post by Firebringer »

like the mix of troll posting and frustration at not being heard is similar to that game?
Show

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #5022 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:11 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 5021, Firebringer wrote:like the mix of troll posting and frustration at not being heard is similar to that game?
fairly

i don't think it's 100% because by the end i feel furtive had given up entirely but it's... adjacent
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #5023 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:11 am

Post by Firebringer »

i really thought furtive posting on ydra being scum and the confidence he been saying it was all troll to fuck with ydra. Him confirming he believes it and reaffirms it....wild.

Like this is when i first thought mentally furtive was trolling. It looked like he was purposefully trying to fuck with ydra, and i thought 'this is playful joking, or reaction testing', when nothing seemed to come from it and he didn't follow up. I went "okay so playful joking/trolling" then repeats he very much believes it. Idgi
Show

furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5024 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:12 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 5022, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 5021, Firebringer wrote:like the mix of troll posting and frustration at not being heard is similar to that game?
fairly

i don't think it's 100% because by the end i feel furtive had given up entirely but it's... adjacent
I take issue with the word 'troll'. and are more jokey, but I'm not trolling. It's just a bit of lightness.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”