Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #5175 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:12 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 5149, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:The question we need to ask, then, is whether a SECOND factional ability was used by the Lunars on PPF Night 1. And that, specifically, is what I'd like to hear opinions on.
Yes to a second factional ability

T-bone claimed someone tried to burn him -- I'm inclined to believe him and that this was a solar factional action

Someone else tried to do "something negative - either kill or some other negative effect" to meuh -- i don't see why town would do this

Assuming Lunar can't act during Noon, this implies Solar had two actions. It's possible (1) Meuh was killed and (2) TBone was burned, which'd be 2 factional abilities

And ik you asked about Lunar, but if Solar can have 2 as abilities, Lunar can too
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5176 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:14 pm

In post 5144, T-Bone wrote:I'm done. If you're going to intentionally misread a role and then get upset at the rest of us for not agreeing to misread it in the same way you are then you have to be scum upset they were caught. That you cannot even fathom while people would read it the correct way is beyond my comprehension. It's incredibly frustrating to deal with. I would understand if you were arguing that "I'm town so they must have been lying" but trying to quote the role as evidence when the rest of us can clearly see what it says and interpret it differently (if not correctly) is just so frustrating.

Maybe you lack perspective and that's why you keep doing this I dunno, but I'm at the point where it just looks intentional.

VOTE: PPF
I think Nancy is not understanding the mech argument people are making against her slot, and she admits to struggling with mech. I don't actually think she's intentionally ignoring it
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5177 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:21 pm

In post 5175, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Someone else tried to do "something negative - either kill or some other negative effect" to meuh -- i don't see why town would do this
Btw i asked mega what negative effect meant, if it included things like roleblocked and redirected and she wouldn't elaborate

Which makes me think negative effect refers to factional abilities
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5178 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:23 pm

isn't too unreasonable after the unwnd flip and with mastina and math as two town reads of mine

VOTE: Enchant

Anyone opposed to this?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5179 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:24 pm

I'll be around for a bit to read some isos if anyone wants to talk :)
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5180 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:15 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5175, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 5149, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:The question we need to ask, then, is whether a SECOND factional ability was used by the Lunars on PPF Night 1. And that, specifically, is what I'd like to hear opinions on.

T-bone claimed someone tried to burn him -- I'm inclined to believe him and that this was a solar factional action

Someone else tried to do "something negative - either kill or some other negative effect" to meuh -- i don't see why town would do this

Assuming Lunar can't act during Noon, this implies Solar had two actions. It's possible (1) Meuh was killed and (2) TBone was burned, which'd be 2 factional abilities

And ik you asked about Lunar, but if Solar can have 2 as abilities, Lunar can too
I really don’t think Solar have a kill.
It’s likely a negative ability if you’re telling the truth.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #5181 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:18 pm

Post by Past Present Future »

@T-Bone I already explained my reasoning. It’s because I was scum in FFIV and Elsa janitored T3. That’s why I asked Toog if he read the scum pt. He was town in that, so I don’t know whether he did or not.

Math is ignoring pretty much everything I’ve been saying like both me and Titus knew he was planning to vig us, so unless Math thinks that Solar doesn’t have a factional killing ability, why would scum!us not kill him? You can think we’re scum all you like but actually thinking we’re complete idiots here is beyond insulting.

So I don’t understand Scarf, why are you still voting us then?

And Math you’re wrong as usual and I swear I’m going to lose it on you if you call me “toxic” one more time. I take that extremely personally because I have taken extreme pains to do the exact opposite of that and you are constantly provoking me with that. It’s also not true that I haven’t been trying and that’s also really pissing me off. You are the main reason I’m not doing more because I’m fucking sick to death of you’re trying to control the game and not listen to anyone else and Titus is as well.

And yes Math if we die today, it’s definitely bad for town, the best use of our role would be to yeet us just before elo because to do it before then hurts town.
It’s the end of the world as you know it and we feel fine.

Hydra of Titus, Auro and Nancy Drew 39
Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5182 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:21 pm

In post 5180, MathBlade wrote:

What mafia game ever does scum not have a factional kill? And T-Bone is giving me shit for my mech analysis?

Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5183 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:28 pm

Spoiler:

furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5184 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:28 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Hellooooooooo

VOTE: Enchant
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5185 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:30 pm

In post 5181, Past Present Future wrote:Math is ignoring pretty much everything I’ve been saying like both me and Titus knew he was planning to vig us, so unless Math thinks that Solar doesn’t have a factional killing ability, why would scum!us not kill him? You can think we’re scum all you like but actually thinking we’re complete idiots here is beyond insulting.
yeah I think this is a decent point worth talking about?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5186 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:35 pm

Looking at Enchant's ISO, if he's scum, it's probably Lunar

- Bad reaction to MMR yDay - the post below in particular doesn't make sense bc MMR was in a 1v1 with both PPF (with the "no result" guilty) and mastina (with the "informed" part of their role), so that knot needed to be resolved
In post 4066, Enchant wrote:I think we should keep both Mastina and MMR alive tbh.
- also probably not Solar since he didn't hammer Rat (the claimed burn healer whatever) day 1, and with his meta, he can get away with hammering that... unless he is Solar scum with Rat, but I'm currently thinking Rat is town
Scarfmanship
Scarfmanship
Goon
Scarfmanship
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #5187 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:46 pm

Post by Scarfmanship »

I would not shed a tear if enchant died today. But I also need to wash my pants.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5188 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:54 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5182, Past Present Future wrote:
In post 5180, MathBlade wrote:

What mafia game ever does scum not have a factional kill? And T-Bone is giving me shit for my mech analysis?
Recruit games.

Just got done with one. I had cult leader pegged D1 (Meg) and scum Drapion unalived to stop the push.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5189 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:55 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5185, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 5181, Past Present Future wrote:Math is ignoring pretty much everything I’ve been saying like both me and Titus knew he was planning to vig us, so unless Math thinks that Solar doesn’t have a factional killing ability, why would scum!us not kill him? You can think we’re scum all you like but actually thinking we’re complete idiots here is beyond insulting.
I think you’re Solar.

Lunar wouldn’t kill me and Solar I don’t think has a kill.

So it’s inability not idiotic.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5190 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:56 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5187, Scarfmanship wrote:I would not shed a tear if enchant died today. But I also need to wash my pants.
Same with Enchant but we really need to get a Solar soon.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5191 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:58 pm

No strong opinions on Ydrasse - vibes are mildly towny

One hangup I have about her is that she seems checked out of the game based on posting frequency and the attitude she's taken towards this game, but then she'll write a post indicating that she has good awareness of people's reads, suggesting she's been following along this whole time ()

Nothing to rule out as either Lunar or Solar either

DDS, was there more to your townread on Ydrasse apart from the Save the Dragons metaread?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5192 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:58 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 5190, MathBlade wrote:
In post 5187, Scarfmanship wrote:I would not shed a tear if enchant died today. But I also need to wash my pants.
Why? If we assume each scumteam has a kill every other night e.g. Night/Noon, then wiping out an entire team will halve the number of nightkills.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5193 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:02 pm

If we're going for Solar, then Enchant's probably not the right play
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5194 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:02 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5192, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 5190, MathBlade wrote:
Why? If we assume each scumteam has a kill every other night e.g. Night/Noon, then wiping out an entire team will halve the number of nightkills.
Because as I have said several times Solar I don’t think kill they recruit.

We need to have at least one Lunar around while Solar is a thing.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5195 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:03 pm

Post by MathBlade »

If we can’t agree on someone Enchant is a good fallback but we need to start eliminating Solar soon.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5196 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:16 pm

In post 5189, MathBlade wrote:
I think you’re Solar.

So you seriously think scum!Yume repped out after Mastina got force replaced? You’re making my head hurt with how bad your takes are.

When Yume obvtowns like she did, she’s never scum and I think Meuh slot was probably locktown post flip, so I can definitely believe scum would target her.

And I think one faction not having a kill is simply just nuts with respect to game balance.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5197 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:19 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5196, Past Present Future wrote:
In post 5189, MathBlade wrote:
I think you’re Solar.

So you seriously think scum!Yume repped out after Mastina got force replaced? You’re making my head hurt with how bad your takes are.

When Yume obvtowns like she did, she’s never scum and I think Meuh slot was probably locktown post flip, so I can definitely believe scum would target her.

And I think one faction not having a kill is simply just nuts with respect to game balance.
That you’re Solar was regarding you

I have Turkey fog sorry
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5198 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:19 pm

In post 4334, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 4333, Scarfmanship wrote:What does it mean to role watch? Do you learn what roles visit them?
I only learn if they were targeted by a kill or some negative ability
. Unlike a normal watcher, I don’t know who targeted them
You’re not reading Math, CSF said kill OR negative ability. That means that Solar does in fact have a killing ability.

Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5199 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:22 pm

In post 5198, Past Present Future wrote:
In post 4334, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 4333, Scarfmanship wrote:What does it mean to role watch? Do you learn what roles visit them?
I only learn if they were targeted by a kill or some negative ability
. Unlike a normal watcher, I don’t know who targeted them
You’re not reading Math, CSF said kill OR negative ability. That means that Solar does in fact have a killing ability.
There’s no logical reason why CSF would have that specified in their role pm if kills did not exist.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”