Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:15 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 248, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 244, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 238, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 231, Ydrasse wrote:skitter towm
Ahhh y

These skitter townreads are making me nervous
I was being silly after she said she was unreadable i don’t feel strongly one way or the other
I’m dumb thnank you
I wuv u
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:17 am

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 249, Ydrasse wrote:tbf some people are open books and some take like a phd and three days to have a hint of alignment
This is what I thought in my mind after reading Val’s last 2 posts but it wasn’t nearly as articulate and concise as this
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:17 am

Post by innocentvillager »

Idk Val can be town for now I guess lul
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:22 am

Post by Ydrasse »

My cat is laying on me
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:22 am

Post by Ydrasse »

He made me into a biscuit help
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:25 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 249, Ydrasse wrote:tbf some people are open books and some take like a phd and three days to have a hint of alignment
If the suggestion here is Scoliosis is the former and skitter is the later, and that explains the disconnect; then I would be grateful if someone would share with the class what I'm supposed to be reading in that book because not only am I not currently seeing a reason to TR Scoliosis, I am scumreading that slot enough that its colouring my view of those slots that are expressing townreads there.
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:27 am

Post by Toto »

Val whats your read on Ydra?
just because you get evil player role doesn't mean you are a evil person at HEART - KainTepes!!!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:37 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 245, Val89 wrote:I thought you hadn't seen it; and your "obviously town" read was even more overblown then I originally thought it was, and you were handing those reads out without even paying attention to even a limited ISO; or you had seen it and were pushing on KT in bad faith. I don't know what I am supposed to make of your answer that you did see it but have made some sort of error as to the order it was posted.

I understand in general how a desire to generate content can be townie, but I am struggling to see how #20 can result from a genuine thought process. Scoliosis tells me they hope to answer those questions today (although I would have preferred them just be answered rather than told they will) and I'll see if I can get there; but if you think I am missing some obvious and want to posit why #17 and/or #19 could (at least initially) draw a scumread that doesn't equally apply to #7 or #12; or why (assuming your hypothesis about the IC being easy to miss is correct) there is anything different about the lack of vote in #6 with #8 or #18, I am listening.

Scoliosis is the only one who can tell us in the end, but I would feel a lot better about you if you could convince me at least some thought has gone into that content rather than declaring someone "obviously town" on the basis they posted something without stopping to see if that something makes sense.
I liked , , , and they were very good posts for that stage of the game.
20- i liked that they were trying to find scum so early, and were not content to let the game remain in RVS (i give a *lot* of townpoints for that). They could have very easily continued with rvs, but their posts belies a motivation to try to start finding scum. The post is approaching the game from the pov that random voting based on a jokey-y vibe without trying to assess prior more 'content'-y posts are scummy. He's voted someone who made a rvs vote based on Wales, and called out another post that he felt suffered from the same problem (testarossa's sneeze post), and explained why he was not applying the same standard to a third (toto's). This isnt the epitome of scumminess, but he felt it was *scummy enough* to vote for at that point

I don't know why he didnt mention my or kittytacky's slew of posts, or , but i see why 17 and 19 are grouped together. The post is written from a coherent, fairly nuanced, pov given the fact that we were literally on post 20, and was trying to move the game along. It's a town post. I don't think neglecting to mention 7 or 13 means he's being arbitrary, i'm assuming there's some reason he had for considering them to be in a different category

In 41/42, he found a more serious sr that he chose to pursue and push instead

20 is a great post for that stage of the game, which i said back in . Do i give it the same weight now? No. But for post 20, it was quite good

And i had a brainfart wrt whether or not they had seen/responded to kitty's question (i thought kitty's question was later for some reason), that's different than 'not even paying attention' or 'acting on bad faith', and doesn't have much to do with the basis of my scoliosis read at all (should it affect my kitty read? sure, and i addressed that already)
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:38 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 246, Val89 wrote:I mean, the very fact you consider yourself to be unreadable at this point but considered Scoliosis to be not only readable, but obviously of one alignment is enough to give me serious pause about the genuineness of that read.

Double that when you ask me to believe you were actually trying to sort Kitty but failed to catch your own error.
And what does me being unreadable have anything to do with scoliosis's readability, we're very different players. Why should i be applying the same metric to both?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:42 am

Post by Val89 »

Independently, a scum lean, but not a particularly strong one; and I don't think they are likely to be scum together with Sco on whom I have a much stronger one.

I ask myself why, if you go to the trouble of playing with an alt, you abandon it in response to scumreads, and I wonder if the "hamstringing the ability to play" referred to in actually means 'not getting TRd for stuff like 253 and 254 if people don't know who I am'. I don't know what those two posts do but I wonder if they are supposed to signal something to those more familiar with Ydrasse now they are outted and it feels a touch performative for my liking.

pedit: This in response to Toto
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:46 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i literally had 0 motivation to play up until the moment i decided to revert to my normal playstyle lol
it's not the first time i've done it
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:47 am

Post by skitter30 »

Val is your argument for scoliosis-scum that contains fake reads in an attempt to seem try-hard-y, and that it's fake for failing to look at other parts of the game that you consider more AI, and for not applying thr same standard to every rvs post?
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:48 am

Post by skitter30 »

*to every earlier rvs post?
Show
Hiatus once more.

Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:14 pm

Post by Val89 »

In post 257, skitter30 wrote:I don't know why he didnt mention my 7 or kittytacky's slew of posts, or 13, but i see why 17 and 19 are grouped together. The post is written from a coherent, fairly nuanced, pov given the fact that we were literally on post 20, and was trying to move the game along. It's a town post. I don't think neglecting to mention 7 or 13 means he's being arbitrary, i'm assuming there's some reason he had for considering them to be in a different category
I suppose this is the problem I have. I'm not content to handwave the glaring issue with it as 'well, there must be a reason' and declare it a town post.
skitter30 wrote:Val is your argument for scoliosis-scum that contains fake reads in an attempt to seem try-hard-y, and that it's fake for failing to look at other parts of the game that you consider more AI, and for not applying thr same standard to every rvs post?
I don't think I'm made a secret of what my problem with it is. Fake-reads, or more likely a fake-dumbtell with respect to Toto. We STILL don't have an answer as to if they did or did not realise Toto was IC at the point of posting #20. You say that it's easily missed, because you missed it, but I don't buy someone making a try-hardy post misses that, particularly when that slew of KT posts that were ignored specifically drew attention to Toto as IC. Maybe I can see someone not engaging enough to see the IC announcement also skimming through the early KT posts and not seeing the significance of that - but I don't see the same person being responsible for a "coherent, fairly nuanced" post belying a motivation to try and start finding scum also makes that mistake. You are correct in that I am applying a different standard to Sco, but I think there is more than enough justification for doing so.

It's as if post 20 is authored by two separate personas - the townie careful scum hunter wanting to move the game out of RVS; analysing the early posting carefully, latching on to a tiny scum ping and getting it out there to move the game forwards (and if that ended there, I would agree with you) and must have had a reason for categorising 17 and 19 differently from 7 or 13 that's so stuble and nuanced even you can't grasp it; but then there is also the second persona that derps over the IC, both the initial announcement and failing to notice the significance of KTs unvote/revote. There were other examples of people posting and not voting - both before and after Toto (Flippy, and geraintm).

I say it's improbable both exist together, and the fact they do is evidence of fakery in one half or the other.
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:21 pm

Post by Herta »

Okay I had a pocket scum read on skitter last night but I feel better about her today for some reason.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:21 pm

Post by Val89 »

In post 260, Ydrasse wrote:i literally had 0 motivation to play up until the moment i decided to revert to my normal playstyle lol
Okay; what is the purpose of these posts, then, if not to conform with some notion of how frivolous and carefree your Ydra persona plays that wasn't evident in the church one?
Ydrasse wrote:My cat is laying on me
Ydrasse wrote:He made me into a biscuit help
I realise I might not be the intended audience, so help me understand.
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:24 pm

Post by Herta »

I missed two pages what.
Scoliosis
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:26 pm

Post by Scoliosis »

In post 264, Herta wrote:Okay I had a pocket scum read on skitter last night but I feel better about her today for some reason.
Nah I'll back you up on having a pocket scum read on skitter.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:28 pm

Post by Val89 »

In post 263, Val89 wrote:We STILL don't have an answer as to if they did or did not realise Toto was IC at the point of posting #20.
A simple yes or no will do the job for now, Scoliosis.
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:29 pm

Post by Herta »

I really thought you'd scum read me, val, with but I don't get a vibe that you've even considered me.
Scoliosis
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:31 pm

Post by Scoliosis »

In post 268, Val89 wrote:
In post 263, Val89 wrote:We STILL don't have an answer as to if they did or did not realise Toto was IC at the point of posting #20.
A simple yes or no will do the job for now, Scoliosis.
No, I had no idea, and it does change my opinion on the page 1 posts because I have seen scum vote the ic as a joke on page 1 before. My main motivation behind was to choose suspects based on posts I have actually seen scum make on page 1.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:31 pm

Post by Val89 »

In post 267, Scoliosis wrote:Nah I'll back you up on having a pocket scum read on skitter.
And yet; I am the only one voting her.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:33 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 265, Val89 wrote:
In post 260, Ydrasse wrote:i literally had 0 motivation to play up until the moment i decided to revert to my normal playstyle lol
Okay; what is the purpose of these posts, then, if not to conform with some notion of how frivolous and carefree your Ydra persona plays that wasn't evident in the church one?
Ydrasse wrote:My cat is laying on me
Ydrasse wrote:He made me into a biscuit help
I realise I might not be the intended audience, so help me understand.
i know the point of mafia is to think a lot about stuff but this is just Me

mafia is a social thing for me as much as it is a game and so i like to post sometimes without it being game related
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:37 pm

Post by Val89 »

In post 270, Scoliosis wrote:No, I had no idea, and it does change my opinion on the page 1 posts because I have seen scum vote the ic as a joke on page 1 before. My main motivation behind 20 was to choose suspects based on posts I have actually seen scum make on page 1.
OK, thank you. So you also did have an opinion on KTs posting you just didn't share, than has now changed with that realisation?

What difference did you see between mine and Tetra's posting, and Skitters and Herta's? I understand if you say you didn't realise Toto was IC why you wanted to give a read based on the lack of vote; but what was different about Toto's non-vote over flippys or geraintm's?

I apologise for bombarding you with questions, but I need to get to the bottom of this if I am to ever have a hope of working out if you are scum and skitter is just handing you a free pass, or if you have been TMId as town by a scum!skitter. It's WIFOMy, but I don't see scum!skitter coming out as strong from scum!sco this early.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:38 pm

Post by Val89 »

In post 272, Ydrasse wrote:i know the point of mafia is to think a lot about stuff but this is just Me

mafia is a social thing for me as much as it is a game and so i like to post sometimes without it being game related
Fair enough.

Ever picked up a townread for that sort of thing is the past?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”