Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:50 am

Post by Dannflor »

I don't really see it as opportunistic so much as herta feels too awkward to like, actually add to the conversation

I think I would scum read the vote less if it was naked
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:53 am

Post by Dannflor »

I think I've decided to reset my scoliosis read to a solid null

I don't know I guess I sort of don't think they start calling you town if they are scum here? I don't feel strongly about the slot and I should probably develop some strong feelings
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:56 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I mean he tried the over the top screaming I'm scum and nobody bit so why wouldn't he back off and try resetting since omgusing and lamisting wasn't working? if he just keeps ranting it's not likely to work out great for him and just spews me town if he flips there?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:57 am

It feels like you're twisting yourself a bit to say that this behavior is not as bad as it looks and that herta's vote is really bad when I don't see why Herta as town doesn't make that vote given how scummy scoli looks in his flailing?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:57 am

Post by Dannflor »

yeah I guess

it just feels easier to keep leaning into that, I also feel like it hadn't gone on long enough to truly test that it "wasn't working"
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:58 am

I think him saying "well you guys can flip me you already know my reads" is basically lamist and throwing in the towel on the overconfident omgus approach and like 0 people voted for me so its p obvious atp that it wasnt working out for him.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:59 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 728, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:It feels like you're twisting yourself a bit to say that this behavior is not as bad as it looks and that herta's vote is really bad when I don't see why Herta as town doesn't make that vote given how scummy scoli looks in his flailing?
I don't really think the raging from scoliosis is alignment indicative
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:01 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 730, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I think him saying "well you guys can flip me you already know my reads" is basically lamist and throwing in the towel on the overconfident omgus approach and like 0 people voted for me so its p obvious atp that it wasnt working out for him.
yeah

I'm not really as opposed to the scoliosis wagon anymore especially knowing their identity

I still think Herta is pretty scummy though and I feel like you're hyper focused on their vote, I kinda have a problem with Herta's whole ISO
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:02 am

my point is that it was evident to scoli atp that his approach of calling me scared scum and hard omgusing wasnt working and he would know this regardless of his alignment so changing tack is something he would do atp rationally as either alignment and thus not a point for him being town.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:02 am

In post 732, Dannflor wrote:
In post 730, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I think him saying "well you guys can flip me you already know my reads" is basically lamist and throwing in the towel on the overconfident omgus approach and like 0 people voted for me so its p obvious atp that it wasnt working out for him.
yeah

I'm not really as opposed to the scoliosis wagon anymore especially knowing their identity

I still think Herta is pretty scummy though and I feel like you're hyper focused on their vote, I kinda have a problem with Herta's whole ISO
ok but herta's vote is what drew you to voting for him and readflipping on him.

previously you had claimed that he was town.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:08 am

Post by Dannflor »

yes, and i still maintain it is Not a Good Vote

but like if you don't agree with that there are also other issues you haven't really addressed

like I feel your summation of herta's scum meta matches perfectly with what they are doing here?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:09 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 733, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:my point is that it was evident to scoli atp that his approach of calling me scared scum and hard omgusing wasnt working and he would know this regardless of his alignment so changing tack is something he would do atp rationally as either alignment and thus not a point for him being town.
yeah that's fair, probably not a good reason to town read scoli

I'll reread your case
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:18 am

In post 735, Dannflor wrote:but like if you don't agree with that there are also other issues you haven't really addressed

like I feel your summation of herta's scum meta matches perfectly with what they are doing here?
I'll read his scum game again I'm mostly just going off memory from when I played with him on his other account.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:21 am

Post by Dannflor »

yeah okay so my initial gut reading of the scoliosis vs. pooky thing was that pooky was trying a little too hard to appear ultra reasonable in the face of scoliosis losing it a bit

but I think on reread that's not really a fair assessment and actually putting posts and side by side are kind of a stark contrast

I'm not really sure why scoliosis suddenly comes to the conclusion that the reasons he was scum reading pooky for our not alignment indicative

and sticking a vote on geraintm this early in the day when he has much bigger suspects to sort like unwnd feels... overly safe

also I don't really believe in the over confidence on geraintm and I wouldn't be surprised if that was a bus

also also thinking about it I feel bad about scoliosis not sheeping my herta push despite agreeing with it, feels like they would if town even if it looks optically bad
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:22 am

Post by Dannflor »

ok i can kill scoliosis I suppose

fine with geraintm too
Scoliosis
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:56 am

Post by Scoliosis »

I've decided pookythebear is probably a confused town who can't make heads or tails of this game and that unwnd/herta/geraintm is a better solve.

What changed my mind ultimately is that, despite pookythebear being the third vote on my wagon, I feel unwnd implied they know that both pookythebear and I are town here:
In post 538, unwnd wrote:I know this back-and-forth doesn't need my input but I'm not sure if pooky buries himself on a mislim on you, scol?

Maybe pooks disrespects me that much that he thinks I wouldn't immediately throw his thread credibility out of the window if you're town
In post 540, unwnd wrote:And it's not just cause he has a scumread, it's just the way he's gone about it. The position he finds himself in. It's not like his slot was being closed in on. This thread had little direction until Pooky came in. That is honestly rare form from him, especially considering the circumstances. I really would like you to debate the prospect of why scum would behave this way. This isn't D4 where Pooky needs to secure a mislim (or get himself out of a bad spot), it's D1 where we know fuck all.
In post 541, unwnd wrote:Your dann case gets my noggin joggin

I feel more comfortable keeping him null because I'm just not ready to give up the ghost on herta. Your reasons are the equivalent of 'trust me bro' and when I voted scol I was doing exactly that. However, I think Dann has a good point. Why is Herta exempt from his muted perspectives and unwillingness to clarify?
I just don't see these posts coming from an uninformed unwnd who doesn't already know that pookythebear and I are town. It feels like they are deliberately trying to pump up pookythebear in the way that scum do when they have identified an easy mark.

If you mis lim me today then you should eliminate geraintm on d2 imo. Like I said, my best guess for the team is geraintm/herta/unwnd.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:06 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 740, Scoliosis wrote: I've decided pookythebear is probably a confused town who can't make heads or tails of this game
This is a really weird description of someone who is aggressively tunneling you and putting out confident solves that rubs me the wrong way
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:07 pm

Maybe it feels weird because it feels like gaslighting
Scoliosis
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:08 pm

Post by Scoliosis »

In post 650, Dannflor wrote:
In post 579, Scoliosis wrote:VOTE: geraintm

I've decided I like my pookythebear/herta/geraintm solve the most, and I prefer this wagon because I feel reasonably confident geraintm is scum and it gives more time to figure out the other slots.
can you elaborate on how/why you are reasonably confident on geraintm
Yes, after I posted , which explains where I first started to ruminate that geraintm might be scum, geraintm posted which is exactly the kind of post I expected scum to make from his position. Even without already having built a cogent world view containing scum geraintm, I would have scumread him or anyone else for posting . I think there is a self-defeating aspect to geraintm's play where he truly doesn't wish to have to play the game (because he rolled scum), and if he must play it, then he prefers to do as little as possible. Ironically, this is not unlike the play of our ic, Toto.
Scoliosis
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:08 pm

Post by Scoliosis »

In post 741, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 740, Scoliosis wrote: I've decided pookythebear is probably a confused town who can't make heads or tails of this game
This is a really weird description of someone who is aggressively tunneling you and putting out confident solves that rubs me the wrong way
From my point view, pookythebear is aggressively pushing a read which I know to be wrong, so I think my description is fair.
Scoliosis
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Scoliosis
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:10 pm

Post by Scoliosis »

I believe KT and pookythebear have both caught a bad case of Flavor Fever, which unwnd and herta are attempting or have attempted to capitalize on.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:36 pm

Maybe I'm just being overly nitpicky and semantical but saying someone is "confused town who can't make heads or tails of this game" is very different from saying someone's "wrong"

I would call someone who's "confused" a player like me or our moderator Dayteezee, constantly going back and forth with a perplexed and chaotic mindset
I would never apply that to someone who's "solved" the game on replace-in

At worst your long description discredit and gaslights him in an unnecessarily flowery way (you could've just said "wrong town" which is a very common thing people say)

I'm being dramatic but I'm sort of trying to verbalize the vibe I got from your overall 180 on him I guess
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:33 pm

In post 711, Dannflor wrote:
In post 705, innocentvillager wrote:Is ger really just a null slot? he’s totally capable of doing shit as town and here he’s don’t really contributing much/driving his own opinions, just kind of lurking existing

that random wall post kind of just felt like out of the blue randomly prompted to provide content for the same of it, probably from his teammates or self consciousness or smthng
yeah that's a fair scum read

I'd kill it
I'm actually kind of confused at why this turned you so easily, I sort of realized Scoliosis was saying something pretty similar about geraint (esp wrt geraint's random 572 post)
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:55 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I'll be honest I kinda glazed over scoliosis' posts until I reread