Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:47 am

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 693, Tapiocaphobe wrote:I read your ISO and I do not see an answer to my question so I will ask again
what about BBT's play makes him more likely to be town this game as opposed to the one you mentioned earlier where he was scum?
You quoted 15 of my posts and still didnt read through my ISO did you... #660 is in response to bella asking about my read and there are several snippets throughout...
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:48 am

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 698, Tapiocaphobe wrote:if we elim BBT today my elim tomorrow is spartan
Of course it is... if you was genuinely town you would be more cooperative..
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:16 am

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 697, Tapiocaphobe wrote:i also find it very unlikely that spartan wouldn't know how NAR works considering
he mentioned a game in this thread
with the same setup (JK, tracker, RB/goon),
where he was the tracker, and where there was speculation on roleblock within the game
. he's made a lot of posts detailing the possibilities on scumteams, i think he would have considered the ramifications of whether we vote mafia RB or goon today.
Do you actually think its AI for me to ask a game mechanic question? You think I go round memorising all the game mechanics and priorities from something that happened months ago and wasn't even connected to my own role at the time?... Seriously..

Interesting Tapio how my only mention of that game is below and I neither mentioned my role being tracker or that there was speculation on roleblocking within that game. I never even mentioned there was a tracker in that game so how could you have known it was a JK/track, RB/goon setup hmmm. The only way you could have known that information was if BBT who was scum in that game had told you that in the scum thread, thanks for the gamesolve. Since Blue snake tracked you last night and you didnt go anywhere, that makes BBT the roleblocker.

VOTE: BBT
In post 548, Spartan117 wrote:I was in a game not too long ago where BBT and another player called Rad were the scum team we had no kill for N1 or N2 the jailkeeper jailed the kill target N1 and Rad got jailed N2, and Rad had seemed town albeit I was concerned he was pocketing me. The scum team ended up winning even tho we had no night kill night 1 or 2 because of bad decisions on the day elims. So by no means like I said am I ruling BBT out as I've seen that happen before, I just get a feel from his play he is town even if we did get two town lims day 1 and 2, i was part of that too, and they did in fairness seem very suspect.
Bella please jail Tapio, thanks.
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:19 am

Post by Spartan117 »

I have also seen multiple instances of distancing between Tapio and BBT and setting up to elim me tomorrow which would give Tapio the win, no thanks.
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:23 am

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

In post 700, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 693, Tapiocaphobe wrote:I read your ISO and I do not see an answer to my question so I will ask again
what about BBT's play makes him more likely to be town this game as opposed to the one you mentioned earlier where he was scum?
You quoted 15 of my posts and still didnt read through my ISO did you... #660 is in response to bella asking about my read and there are several snippets throughout...
great, thank you
In post 660, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 650, Bellaphant wrote:I would really appreciate you addressing this.
Without going through all the posts right now, to summarise what I meant, I was referring to my own personal perspective of how I like to play and how I have seen BBT play in the past and how he has played this game, and I can full understand the confusion of me saying that with the results we have had with the flips.
But I have found his play in past games to be opportunistic looking for wagons to jump on and get others to do the work for him while agreeing with some things and challenging people to the point they would question their own reads.
In this game I saw his play looking a lot more hungry for results pushing people asking for answers, going back and trying to get info from people, and yes that has lead to a couple of town flips but you guys can't say that they weren't warranting that sus and most of us were on them wagons too, part of it may also be the pressure he's not putting on me this game two which could come from being pocketed as I have some what I feel are a couple sus things that he hasn't pushed buy I would have thought scumBBT would have pushed them idk.
how do you differentiate "opportunistic" from "hungry for results"? why do you think his play this game has been more about getting info from people than challenging their reads? why do you think the results should not influence how we view his play this game? if you believe BBT is town because of his aggressive play this game in attempting to gain information, why do you think his lack of pressure on you is not suspicious?
In post 701, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 698, Tapiocaphobe wrote:if we elim BBT today my elim tomorrow is spartan
Of course it is... if you was genuinely town you would be more cooperative..
what do you believe I should be more cooperative with?
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:37 am

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

In post 702, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 697, Tapiocaphobe wrote:i also find it very unlikely that spartan wouldn't know how NAR works considering
he mentioned a game in this thread
with the same setup (JK, tracker, RB/goon),
where he was the tracker, and where there was speculation on roleblock within the game
. he's made a lot of posts detailing the possibilities on scumteams, i think he would have considered the ramifications of whether we vote mafia RB or goon today.
Do you actually think its AI for me to ask a game mechanic question? You think I go round memorising all the game mechanics and priorities from something that happened months ago and wasn't even connected to my own role at the time?... Seriously..

Interesting Tapio how my only mention of that game is below and I neither mentioned my role being tracker or that there was speculation on roleblocking within that game. I never even mentioned there was a tracker in that game so how could you have known it was a JK/track, RB/goon setup hmmm. The only way you could have known that information was if BBT who was scum in that game had told you that in the scum thread, thanks for the gamesolve. Since Blue snake tracked you last night and you didnt go anywhere, that makes BBT the roleblocker.

VOTE: BBT
In post 548, Spartan117 wrote:I was in a game not too long ago where BBT and another player called Rad were the scum team we had no kill for N1 or N2 the jailkeeper jailed the kill target N1 and Rad got jailed N2, and Rad had seemed town albeit I was concerned he was pocketing me. The scum team ended up winning even tho we had no night kill night 1 or 2 because of bad decisions on the day elims. So by no means like I said am I ruling BBT out as I've seen that happen before, I just get a feel from his play he is town even if we did get two town lims day 1 and 2, i was part of that too, and they did in fairness seem very suspect.
Bella please jail Tapio, thanks.
i would expect everyone to have an understanding of the rules and of game mechanic questions that are explained within the game post, or at least in a game like this, where the mechanics are fairly straightforward; and especially so for SE players.

i know the setup of the game because I went and skimmed it. I think your portrayal of BBT's play this game in comparison to past games is very interesting because I find some of his play in that game to be
remarkably
similar to this game, and both games different from another finished game I've played with him.

@mod (or SEs) is it allowed to quote posts from completed games in active games?
i am unsure
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:50 am

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 705, Tapiocaphobe wrote:some of his play in that game to be remarkably similar to this game
If you read through that game you would have seen that I had town read BBT in that game too, maybe its just my misreading him, but if you are genuinely town that would mean a BBT/Looker game and they are both happy to elim each other, so this game is really confusing, can you guys just night kill me tonight please and leave it up to Bella and BlueSnake to figure this out.
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:05 am

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

In post 706, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 705, Tapiocaphobe wrote:some of his play in that game to be remarkably similar to this game
If you read through that game you would have seen that I had town read BBT in that game too, maybe its just my misreading him, but if you are genuinely town that would mean a BBT/Looker game and they are both happy to elim each other, so this game is really confusing, can you guys just night kill me tonight please and leave it up to Bella and BlueSnake to figure this out.
if you are town and you misread him in that game then
why are you relying on meta for your townread of BBT?
if it weren't for that game, would you still townread BBT, and if so why?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:24 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Spartan what the fuck are you doing?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:26 am

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 707, Tapiocaphobe wrote:
In post 706, Spartan117 wrote:
if you are town and you misread him in that game then
why are you relying on meta for your townread of BBT?
if it weren't for that game, would you still townread BBT, and if so why?
I'm not relying on relying on meta for my townread, he was scum that game so that wouldnt make sense, I was raising a point how i could also have been mistaken this game in the way I have tried to read his play like i was in that game. I have commented a lot on where my read has come from on his play this game, at this point i dont know if any of my reads matter anymore, i feel like scum will win either way. If you did genuinely read that game, then im still stuck on bbt/tapio, bbt/looker, tapio/looker.

Bella and bluesnake let me know who you think it is and where we should go I feel like i cant break it down between the 3.
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:27 am

Post by Spartan117 »

idk anymore

UNVOTE:
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:28 am

Fuck me, that was scummy as shit. What was that?

Can we please eliminate Looker?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:35 am

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 711, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Fuck me, that was scummy as shit. What was that?

If what I did was scummy, why do you want to eliminate Looker?
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:36 am

Post by Spartan117 »

You guys are just playing with my sanity at this point :(
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Death by 1000 Pagetops

Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:40 am

Post by Alianna »

In post 705, Tapiocaphobe wrote:
@mod (or SEs) is it allowed to quote posts from completed games in active games?
i am unsure
There's nothing in the site rules against it that I can find, so it should be fine.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 27
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:03 am

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

okay ty i wanted to be sure
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:24 am

In post 712, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 711, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Fuck me, that was scummy as shit. What was that?

Because I don't think you're scum but that 180 on me had to be acknowledged.

If you're scum, I'm resigned to losing this game because I just don't think I ever vote you over Tapio or Looker.
BlueSnakelet
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/It

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:25 am

Post by BlueSnakelet »

Ok, here's my thoughts:

First of all, Spartan is locktown for me. At no point today I'll be voting them.

I'm almost sure that the scum pair isn't Tapioca/Looker. I still assert that Tapioca/Looker would've kill Bella instead of BBT. Yes, BBT had to potential to push Tapioca Day 3, but Bella certainly would, and their push would be taken more seriously than BBT due to BBT's bad reads this game.

This leaves Tapioca/BBT and Looker/BBT. These two pairs are possible in my book.

If it is Tapioca/BBT, then BBT immediately voted Tapioca to make us think there's no way they're a scum pair, then swiched to Looker in order to miseliminate them.

If it is Looker/BBT, then BBT immediately tried to push a miselimination in Yesterday's second largest wagon, then resorted to bussing when that didn't work, then had Looker cross-bus them. These two are plausible tactics a cornered scum pair might attempt.

VOTE: BlueBloodedToffee. If I need to switch to Tapioca or Looker in order to ensure a elimination, I will.
Let he who is with sin, and loves it, cast the final stone.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:26 am

If you elim me, town will lose this game.

I'm in disbelief that there is a world in which I get elimmed before both of them.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:27 am

Snake, you basically just said that no matter what I did, I am scum.

That's absurd.
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:27 am

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 716, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 712, Spartan117 wrote:

Because I don't think you're scum but that 180 on me had to be acknowledged.

If you're scum, I'm resigned to losing this game because I just don't think I ever vote you over Tapio or Looker.
Its not 180, I'm just getting messed up on my reading its 2 of you tapio and Looker, and I am obv not 100% on a game solve even tho I wish I was :/
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:29 am

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

@bella @blue who are you targeting tonight
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:29 am

Like, I will literally elim ANY of Tapio/Looker.
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:32 am

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 717, BlueSnakelet wrote:I'm almost sure that the scum pair isn't Tapioca/Looker. I still assert that Tapioca/Looker would've kill Bella instead of BBT. Yes, BBT had to potential to push Tapioca Day 3, but Bella certainly would, and their push would be taken more seriously than BBT due to BBT's bad reads this game.
How can you be so sure?? I get that the day elims were town but BBT wasn't the only one who voted them and read them as scum. Surely there must be more reasoning other than just the decision on last night's night kill?
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:34 am

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 721, Tapiocaphobe wrote:@bella @blue who are you targeting tonight
Bella I need you, help

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”