Goon

CCGeek
Any Pronouns
Goon

Goon

Pronoun: Any Pronouns

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:17 am

Post by CCGeek »

1) Tbf this is RVS after all, having 1 vote over your head is perfectly fine. I appreciate the reaction fishing against the new player idea tho. I get town vibes from you for this.
2) The two votes on you make me go kind of "hmmmmmmm", but I'm pretty sure RVS bw can also explain that. On your part, if you wanna keep Hyrule and bianco under scrutiny, go ahead? Pretty sure it's you who decides how to play this situation here.
3) Extremely early D1 bro, still more than a week to go. What do you expect?
4) Putting the slight amt. of pressure on an inactive before they post often helps, AND I'm pretty sure everything I addressed in my posts so far were all in reply to you. Only one was a genuine question that I asked, and anyone could've replied to that. So, not really sure what you mean by "pulling the conversation in different directions".
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:25 am

Post by Redados »

2) the second vote on me was funny and made me chuckle out loud, although the other two posts from HH haven’t added any value
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:28 am

Post by biancospino »

Redados wrote: 2) I have two votes on me
I'm sure this
probably
doesn't mean anything at this point, but it may be worth of some consideration, especially since the second vote came in quite quickly after mine. I'm still not necessarily finding Hyrule particularly sus thou, perhaps just a little
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:45 am

Post by Redados »

HH’s vote was for comedic effect and I find that post to be less concerning than his other two posts.
CCGeek
CCGeek
Any Pronouns
Goon

CCGeek
Any Pronouns
Goon

Goon

Pronoun: Any Pronouns

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:50 am

Post by CCGeek »

Too early to form solid reads but I'll take a shot anyway:
Hyrule: Every post is some form of filler, even after Redados tries to induce discussion. Neutral, slightly scummy.
Redados: Tries to make thread control early d1 and ends up with 2 votes on him. Kind of a wonk display, but also makes a scumhunting play, so d1 reads: Town
biancospino: Puts in an RVS vote and makes a general observation. Not necessarily scummy, but not really towny either.
Baron: Wants (?) to discuss but doesn't post. Kind of wack, slightly scummy, again.
Brickwalll: I sure hope he doesn't start lurking often after his highly energetic introductory post. Else, later on in the game, we'd literally be...
talking to a brick wall.
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Townie
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:05 am

Post by Baron Kirkholm Uttgart »

Ok just while we’re in the RVS let me test something

VOTE: Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Townie
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:05 am

Huh
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Townie
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:06 am

Is that not doing anything because of the way I’ve done it or because you can’t vote for yourself
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Townie
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:07 am

Oh it doesn’t just turn White automatically.

Don’t know what I was expecting

Don’t mind me.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:18 am

Post by Redados »

In the Quick Reply box, click "Preview". Then, above the text box, click "vote". Then, put who you want to vote for in between the vote tags.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:21 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 30, Redados wrote:HH’s vote was for comedic effect and I find that post to be less concerning than his other two posts.
What is of some concern is that he does appear to incite discussion without participating in it any. Now, he clearly is not willing to straight up lurk, and is instead essentially empty posting presumably to seem active (a latere, that's true of Baron too). His vote is clearly comedic, but I'm not convinced that he didn't just take the occasion to join a wagon with plausible deniability.

As I said, he still is not confirmedly scum in my mind, but I am reading some anti-town vibes from him. Other than that, I don't have yet formed any strong readings, but Redados and CCGeek I read town (CCGeek slightly more, but that's probably just personal feel), Baron slightly anti-town, and the other mostly null. Thou I'd also like to take note of the fact that Elmo did post, but to say nothing and not even submitted a random vote
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:24 am

Post by Redados »

biancospino I agree with you re: HH
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:26 am

Post by biancospino »

To that extent, and sorry if I'm being really oblivious here, what does this (ego) even mean? I'm sure it's obvious, but I'm frankly not much into forum culture
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:27 am

Post by Redados »

for anyone who wants to participate and isn't sure how to jump into it, just start talking about the game. pick a post or an action that's interesting. tell us how it makes you feel, whether it's alignment-indicative etc. If someone else shares, respond to it and give your take on it as well whether you agree or disagree. it's good for the town for everyone to be talking. if you're town, there's nothing to be afraid of regarding sharing your thoughts and feelings. the sooner we all are active and talk about the game, the better it is for the town.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:29 am

Post by Redados »

In post 39, biancospino wrote:
To that extent, and sorry if I'm being really oblivious here, what does this (ego) even mean? I'm sure it's obvious, but I'm frankly not much into forum culture
On this forum, ego-posting is where you post in a thread so that it appears on your list of recently commented threads. that is how some people navigate the site, especially if you are normally visiting multiple threads.

For the intents and purposes of the game, elmo hasn't posted anything other than saved the thread to his active thread list.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:35 am

Post by Redados »

In post 34, Baron Kirkholm Uttgart wrote:Is that not doing anything because of the way I’ve done it or because you can’t vote for yourself
also, you can technically vote for yourself. town should never vote for themselves (except for maybe during RVS). scum can vote for themselves, sometimes there's utility in hammering the lim on yourself to cut the day short and prevent discussion.
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Townie
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:59 am

In post 42, Redados wrote:
In post 34, Baron Kirkholm Uttgart wrote:Is that not doing anything because of the way I’ve done it or because you can’t vote for yourself
also, you can technically vote for yourself. town should never vote for themselves (except for maybe during RVS). scum can vote for themselves, sometimes there's utility in hammering the lim on yourself to cut the day short and prevent discussion.
Interesting- there’s so much depth to this that I’ve never thought of.

Thanks for the vote button thing as well.

In general, I’m not sure how to feel about talking a lot in the first day. On one hand, it shows that the player is into the game, which is good no matter their alignment, and willing to express how they’re feeling, which tends to be good for the town. However, I feel like there are so many reasons to talk if you’re against the town. Maybe you want to seem like you are willing to express how you feel, without it actually having any weight. Maybe you want to shift attention to others. Both of those would be pretty low risk, potentially high reward for someone against the town. So at least in the first 100 hours or so of this game, I don’t think there’s much value in reading into people’s comments, presence or lack thereof
HyruleHitman7
HyruleHitman7
He/Him
Townie
HyruleHitman7
He/Him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:14 am

Post by HyruleHitman7 »

In post 28, Redados wrote:2) the second vote on me was funny and made me chuckle out loud, although the other two posts from HH haven’t added any value
Ouchie. My feelings
HyruleHitman7
HyruleHitman7
He/Him
Townie
HyruleHitman7
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:23 am

Post by HyruleHitman7 »

In post 31, CCGeek wrote:Too early to form solid reads but I'll take a shot anyway:
Hyrule: Every post is some form of filler, even after Redados tries to induce discussion. Neutral, slightly scummy.
Redados: Tries to make thread control early d1 and ends up with 2 votes on him. Kind of a wonk display, but also makes a scumhunting play, so d1 reads: Town
biancospino: Puts in an RVS vote and makes a general observation. Not necessarily scummy, but not really towny either.
Baron: Wants (?) to discuss but doesn't post. Kind of wack, slightly scummy, again.
Brickwalll: I sure hope he doesn't start lurking often after his highly energetic introductory post. Else, later on in the game, we'd literally be...
talking to a brick wall.
Try this for filler. Redados made an attempt at thread control, possibly to highlight the attributes of others rather than himself. Doesn't seem like a good move if he was scum, though, because instantly initiating an exchange instead in which one will be analyzed seems far riskier for scum than just waiting for a bandwagon, or attempting to fall into the background. CCGeek, my friend, you are also open to discuss the attributes of others, yet you appear to have done so in a way that seems rather unbiased, and doesn't seem to directly call any one person out. Can't tell if that's townie or just patience for a scum, but either way, it's too early to really tell what others might be up to just yet. CONCLUSION: I know nothing. Time to wait for y'all to slip up or get voted. Fun.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:29 am

Post by Redados »

In post 43, Baron Kirkholm Uttgart wrote:In general, I’m not sure how to feel about talking a lot in the first day. On one hand, it shows that the player is into the game, which is good no matter their alignment, and willing to express how they’re feeling, which tends to be good for the town. However, I feel like there are so many reasons to talk if you’re against the town. Maybe you want to seem like you are willing to express how you feel, without it actually having any weight. Maybe you want to shift attention to others. Both of those would be pretty low risk, potentially high reward for someone against the town. So at least in the first 100 hours or so of this game, I don’t think there’s much value in reading into people’s comments, presence or lack thereof
Hmm. I disagree with some of this. Town is town, so they have nothing to hide. Because they have nothing to hide, they can share their thoughts with very little risk.

Scum has something to hide; they know everyone's alignment. They have to tiptoe around not giving anything away. Later in the game, when peoples' roles have been flipped, going back to read their thoughts from day one is really valuable.

I agree with you when you say that when you're against the town, you want to seem like you are willing to express things without having any weight. That is absolutely true. That is the biggest thing I am looking for at this point in the game. Not wanting the game to "start" yet is anti-town. RVS should ideally be as short as possible so that we can get to the meat of the game.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:33 am

Post by Redados »

In post 45, HyruleHitman7 wrote:
In post 31, CCGeek wrote:Too early to form solid reads but I'll take a shot anyway:
talking to a brick wall.
Try this for filler. Redados made an attempt at thread control, possibly to highlight the attributes of others rather than himself. Doesn't seem like a good move if he was scum, though, because instantly initiating an exchange instead in which one will be analyzed seems far riskier for scum than just waiting for a bandwagon, or attempting to fall into the background. CCGeek, my friend, you are also open to discuss the attributes of others, yet you appear to have done so in a way that seems rather unbiased, and doesn't seem to directly call any one person out. Can't tell if that's townie or just patience for a scum, but either way, it's too early to really tell what others might be up to just yet. CONCLUSION: I know nothing. Time to wait for y'all to slip up or get voted. Fun.
There is some good insight here, especially in the first half of your paragraph. In CCG's defense, reads lists this early in the game are garbage. But I appreciate effort, even if it's too early. We can look at how his reads lists develop throughout the day (and the game) and use that to judge his alignment
HyruleHitman7
HyruleHitman7
He/Him
Townie
HyruleHitman7
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:36 am

Post by HyruleHitman7 »

In post 43, Baron Kirkholm Uttgart wrote:
In post 42, Redados wrote:
Interesting- there’s so much depth to this that I’ve never thought of.

Thanks for the vote button thing as well.

In general, I’m not sure how to feel about talking a lot in the first day. On one hand, it shows that the player is into the game, which is good no matter their alignment, and willing to express how they’re feeling, which tends to be good for the town. However, I feel like there are so many reasons to talk if you’re against the town. Maybe you want to seem like you are willing to express how you feel, without it actually having any weight. Maybe you want to shift attention to others. Both of those would be pretty low risk, potentially high reward for someone against the town. So at least in the first 100 hours or so of this game, I don’t think there’s much value in reading into people’s comments, presence or lack thereof

That's an intensely interesting view. I'd say I agree for the most part, as early activity has little consequences, and it's also hard to narrow down intentions before behavioural patterns begin to emerge. I think, however, it would benefit a townie more to talk more earlier. This is due to the fact that there are simply more townies, so they can outnumber the scum. That means that if town can get a good idea of each person sooner, they can narrow down the outliers, so it would be in the best interest of each townie to talk as much as possible. However, if scum comes to the same conclusion, they will emulate this behaviour, and it may be seen as scummy, which could lead the townies to try to be less forward. On the other hand, there are more town than scum, and you'll always need to break a few eggs to make an omelet. Therefore, although a more active role in the discussion is riskier, I've come to the decision that it will be far more efficient for me and my fellow townsmen. I have refrained from referring to myself as town thus far, as instantly labelling myself as such when there is little reason to suspect otherwise is incredibly suspicious, but I did find such a label on myself necessary in order to explain my line of thinking.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:41 am

Post by Redados »

In post 48, HyruleHitman7 wrote:I have refrained from referring to myself as town thus far, as instantly labelling myself as such when there is little reason to suspect otherwise is incredibly suspicious, but I did find such a label on myself necessary in order to explain my line of thinking.
I am town.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”