Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5501 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:37 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5490, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5483, the worst wrote:i still kinda think, irrespective, we should do SS' warrior ceremony and try to go into d10 f3
Doesn't this require trusting me? You'd have to lim two people who aren't me, and if I'm scum I just win the next night.
I think that he meant kill someone today.

Day 9 is 4 alive, no kill

You try to stop the kill night 9.

If the kill happens, then your target is cleared in 3p elo, you and your non-target cross.

If the kill does not happen, then you and your target cross.

Either way, it results in a clear in (m)elo
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5502 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:39 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5501, Lukewarm wrote:If the kill happens, then your target is cleared in 3p elo, you and your non-target cross.
You should announce your target the day before, so that if you are killed, your target is still cleared, and the two "Not That Person" cross
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5503 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:43 am

Post by Lukewarm »

SS, can you please voice an opinion about the alignment of other players? Who you want to be the elim today? Anything?

Scrolling through your iso, the last alignment indicative statement that I see is you saying something that implies town bell, like 10 days ago.

And we kind of need direction statements here
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5504 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:59 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 5501, Lukewarm wrote:I think that he meant kill someone today.

If the kill happens, then your target is cleared in 3p elo, you and your non-target cross.

That doesn't work, there's no reason for anyone to ever kill on N9.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5505 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:57 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I am responding to you saying this
In post 5483, the worst wrote:i still kinda think, irrespective, we should do SS' warrior ceremony and try to go into d10 f3
Doesn't this require trusting me?
You'd have to lim two people who aren't me, and if I'm scum I just win the next night.
Which does not match with the strategy that was being presented.

Maybe the strategy that is being presented is flawed, but your post did not align with the suggestion at all.

I am not invested in arguing about what strategy should be used with your PR on night 9 at this time.

Who do you think we should kill?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5506 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:02 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Like, you are odd night, so you can never act tonight. Therefore, you don't even need to be activated today. So it does not need to be sorted now.

Also, if we kill scum today, it literally does not matter.

If we miss today, then I will stop and come up with my suggestion on what to do with you over the night. (even if I am night killed, I am currently in a hood with both furtive and freedom, so I can get my thoughts to the thread regardless)
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5507 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:05 am

Post by Lukewarm »

SS:

1)What is your set up spec on whether the game is more balanced with scum having 1 leader + 4 apprentices vs all apprentices?

2)If you could kill any 2 people who would it be?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5508 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:10 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Something_Smart you should vote someone
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5509 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:29 am

In post 5507, Lukewarm wrote:1)What is your set up spec on whether the game is more balanced with scum having 1 leader + 4 apprentices vs all apprentices?
Larges are impossible to balance. I don't know, it really depends on what mood the mod/reviewers were in.
2)If you could kill any 2 people who would it be?
Why should I answer this? Even if I include a disclaimer that the answer doesn't mean anything, people are still going to ignore that and act like it means something.

This just isn't the same game that I was playing on D1 and D2. I can't read any of the people here and the important clues I have from earlier days are contradictory and I can't sort them out because all of the people involved are no longer part of the game. We have almost no wagon information and NK information because most actions by both sides were forced. I don't trust myself to read anyone based on actions taken when there's only one scum left, especially these people, none of whom I've ever read properly (I think?).

The only thing I think I might be able to do is rule out 1 or 2 slots based on how they treated the Junko wagon. I really wasn't interested in engaging with Junko because she recently threw a game, so I missed a lot of the context there.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #5510 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:35 am

In post 5505, Lukewarm wrote:Maybe the strategy that is being presented is flawed, but your post did not align with the suggestion at all.
I was being deliberately obtuse. Sorry. My proposal is only a "F3" on D10 in the sense that there may be three people alive on that day (but the game will already be solved, if it doesn't end).

We don't have to discuss this more. But 5501 will not work. And at the very least, we need it worked out by the start of D9, so people do not blitz a no-lim if we don't want them to.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5511 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:39 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5509, Something_Smart wrote:Why should I answer this? Even if I include a disclaimer that the answer doesn't mean anything, people are still going to ignore that and act like it means something.
Dude, I am literally just trying to figure out your PoE, because I have no idea what you are thinking about this game.

IF you don't want to name 2 names, give me one. Or even just vote. Am asking you questions to get you to play the game that we are playing.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5512 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:44 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5509, Something_Smart wrote:Larges are impossible to balance. I don't know, it really depends on what mood the mod/reviewers were in.
In post 0, Ydrasse wrote:Reviewed by Ausuka, DkKoba and PookyTheMagicalBear.
Imo, Koba and Pooky would have pushed for there to be scum counter play to the yolo claim strat, given I just walked out of a game where both of them were scum and complained about the fact that that set up did not give the scum any counter play to the yolo claim strat.

And if we assume no scum in the council, I don't feel like the scum team would have had much counter play to the yolo claim strat I outlined before.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5513 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:50 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5510, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5505, Lukewarm wrote:Maybe the strategy that is being presented is flawed, but your post did not align with the suggestion at all.
I was being deliberately obtuse. Sorry. My proposal is only a "F3" on D10 in the sense that there may be three people alive on that day (but the game will already be solved, if it doesn't end).

We don't have to discuss this more. But 5501 will not work. And at the very least, we need it worked out by the start of D9, so people do not blitz a no-lim if we don't want them to.
Yeah, you were right if there is not a kill. The moment I actually stopped to think about it, I can see that.

I had not put a ton of thought into it when I wrote that post, and was just trying to clear up what looked like you misunderstanding the suggestion
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5514 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:14 am

Post by Lukewarm »

Hot Take: despite being frustrated that he is not working towards solving this game, I think that SS is town.

I am at:

Freedom
Furtive
SS

Ceph

The Worst

IF the worst is town though, I would probably be back at considering furtive as an alternative based on thinking there would be scum in the council, so would likely spend tomorrow sorting between the two of [Ceph, furtive]
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5515 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:27 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5450, Lukewarm wrote:The counter play options of the scum feel INCREDIBLY limited if they are off the council, to punish bad town plays like the above.
i agree that the described action results in a rewarded bad town play

however: we didn't really have strong enough investigatives to create a follow the cop situation; also, i wonder if something along the lines of fire's claim (scum got to power up one of their own pregame) might have existed to offer them counterplay
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5516 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:29 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5452, Lukewarm wrote:I already thought that Dann was hella scummy before he flaked. You can check back the iso.
i just want to get this out before reading the rest of this post probably taints my view: i was thinking last night that dann's play actually does fit in with the apparently scum gameplan, in that he had wacky theater interactions with catboi
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5517 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:31 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5455, the worst wrote:still would prefer flips in council where we can.
then why are you voting for something_smart
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5518 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:32 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5452, Lukewarm wrote:He stops voting Council Member A, and starts shading Council Member B [He is Council Member C]
did i miss the part where something_smart is on the council or what
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5519 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:34 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5457, the worst wrote:BTW I don't think anyone could have not shot bell last night lol, leaving him alive any longer would point to his reads having mistakes
i concur -- afaik bell never outed how many shots he had, and as a result i think anyone could easily think he might not be limited and feel forced to get him the hell out of here
Bartleby the Scrivener
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5520 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:38 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 5519, Cephrir wrote:
In post 5457, the worst wrote:BTW I don't think anyone could have not shot bell last night lol, leaving him alive any longer would point to his reads having mistakes
i concur -- afaik bell never outed how many shots he had, and as a result i think anyone could easily think he might not be limited and feel forced to get him the hell out of here
I think 1-shot was expected though, at least by me anyway
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5521 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:42 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5487, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5419, Cephrir wrote:what is to stop scum from shooting every significant source of town power
the mason doctors?
it's weird to me that the mod would essentially punish us for playing well (i.e. not outing every leader target)
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5522 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:44 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5501, Lukewarm wrote:
Doesn't this require trusting me? You'd have to lim two people who aren't me, and if I'm scum I just win the next night.
I think that he meant kill someone today.

Either way, it results in a clear in (m)elo
what is to stop scum from holstering here
Bartleby the Scrivener
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5523 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:03 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5518, Cephrir wrote:
In post 5452, Lukewarm wrote:He stops voting Council Member A, and starts shading Council Member B [He is Council Member C]
did i miss the part where something_smart is on the council or what
You misread something. I said once I started arguing that there had to be scum in the council:

He STOPS voting for council member A (furtive)
Then STARTS shading council member B (freedom)
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5524 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:05 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 5521, Cephrir wrote:
In post 5487, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5419, Cephrir wrote:what is to stop scum from shooting every significant source of town power
the mason doctors?
it's weird to me that the mod would essentially punish us for playing well (i.e. not outing every leader target)
I don't think that it is as punishing as you say it is. If everyone does everything secretly, and the PRs flip repeatedly, then the other leaders will come to the conclusion of scum in the midst on their own.

So, "A scum in a Leader Position means that scum can kill all of the PRs" is not exactly true either.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”