Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it she idk

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:19 am

Post by demona »

In post 493, Faker wrote:It's more that you really seemed to want to be at the Keep, and it made sense for you to be there with people who can read you. I'm not sure about your hesitation on the Gate because similar problems crop up in Wall: If you're not clear in Gate but the clear can read you you're fine, if you're the clear you have to vote correctly. In Wall you will still have to vote correctly.
i did want to be at the keep i just deferred

??? my hesitation is that i would be confirmed

and we don’t really gain anything from that or at the very least i do not so i would prefer someone else to be confirmed
his unkindness may defeat my life but never taint my love

even shadows must be true to their shade
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:20 am

Post by Faker »

Wanting someone else to be confirmed does kind of make sense, yeet

shiki framing is frequently bizarre to me but it works
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:23 am

Post by Faker »

I guess T->S I'd go something like

skitter, cat, demona, Isis, Chara, Coral, Tempest, absinthe

Some of this ordering is honestly random and I can see specific flips changing things greatly but I'll throw the dart for now and just YOLO look at people individually
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it she idk

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:23 am

Post by demona »

In post 497, Chara wrote:you're putting a lot of stock into Faker's opinions, is there a townread there?
idk not really no
his unkindness may defeat my life but never taint my love

even shadows must be true to their shade
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:24 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 499, Chara wrote:
In post 496, Tempest wrote:Not sure if I’ll watch season two when all the characters I found the most interesting won’t be there.
play the game with us Tammy! what are your reads? what do you think about shiki's dramatic Wall vote??

I will do what I want to do when I want to do it.

Don’t act like I haven’t been here reading and playing all morning and didn’t say I was stepping away to do exactly what I did.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:24 am

Post by Coral »

I'm surprised at the confidence on skitter town
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:25 am

Post by Chara »

:<
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:26 am

Post by Faker »

As town you're our prized beautiful workhorse and as scum you're the free space on the bingo card

you can neigh under the reins while we sit back and do nothing or you can START SINGLEHANDEDLY PULLING US TO THE DESTINATION
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:27 am

Post by Faker »

In post 505, Coral wrote:I'm surprised at the confidence on skitter town
It is very non-committal and almost entirely based more on her agreement with my reads/strategies, and I feel more strongly about the bottom of my list than I do the top.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:29 am

Post by Chara »

In post 504, Tempest wrote:
In post 499, Chara wrote:
In post 496, Tempest wrote:Not sure if I’ll watch season two when all the characters I found the most interesting won’t be there.
play the game with us Tammy! what are your reads? what do you think about shiki's dramatic Wall vote??

I will do what I want to do when I want to do it.

Don’t act like I haven’t been here reading and playing all morning and didn’t say I was stepping away to do exactly what I did.
i was trying to be lighthearted about it. you said you were caught up and were going to give thoughts later, so when you came back i decided to poke.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:34 am

Post by Faker »

In general Tempest I think you've been pretty self-conscious this game and preemptively afraid. I really did think you might have felt pressured to post and overcome the scumxiety when I missed you, but our interaction last night added to it. One reading was that you just missed the joke because my humor is bad, but the other is that you missed it because you were so worried I was making a point
against
you that you had to respond to.

As town I know you hate pushes on you to begin with and can be fierce about playing defense, and probably pushing harder would net an answer, but that probably wouldn't be fun even if it got the answer, and I don't want to just savagely beat down and demoralize
anyone
this game even if they're scum, which is kind of a first but I've grown so much more cooperative over the last few months and really just want to see people improve. I'm also just confident that we have time to sort, and I'm down to go in the same game though ffery might be better.

I'm also just down to dialogue about someone else entirely if you want, I asked earlier about fleshing out the thoughts on demona but maybe cat/ffery would be better.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:35 am

Post by Faker »

In post 510, Faker wrote:I really did think you might have felt pressured to post and overcome the scumxiety when I
missed
mentioned you, but our interaction last night added to it.
Freudian slip!
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:39 am

Post by Faker »

I know that me not savagely going for any and all jugulars in sight might take people that really know me by surprise, but I imagine I've told someone here about my experiences with law school, and it's really changed how I approach dialoguing with people and what my favorite parts are of discussions/games like these.

I'd love a bloodbath in a good table at some point, and it's unlikely I'll get a table this good ever again, but I'm with good company on a short break and this is what I want right now, not that.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:42 am

Post by Coral »

Since you probably wouldn't mind talking about it anyway, and I find it fun, I'll ask: how do you think that attitude would carry over or impact your scum play here?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:46 am

Post by Isis »

I'm boarding my flight. Don't go to wall without me Charaa

I don't think I can draw alignment from demona's lolvote. It didn't fit the game as a while fmpov but it would make sense to demona.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:46 am

Post by Faker »

In post 513, Coral wrote:Since you probably wouldn't mind talking about it anyway, and I find it fun, I'll ask: how do you think that attitude would carry over or impact your scum play here?
I'm really glad I don't have to worry about it lmao, because I would have been an anxious wreck. I put a ton of pressure on myself to perform in games as scum because I've only ever gotten to show what I could do once or twice, and both were at pretty meh tables. It got very, very bad last year, and at one point I had to just leave and take a break.

For the brutality part in general, I'm not so sure. I wouldn't use my normal demoralization tactics, but I'd still be eager to exploit any blind spots/flaws in play and leave the corrections for postgame. I take extensive notes in a private PT when I flip scum when I have time, so that's probably where a lot of the kindness would go. I like to see town players do well, but I'd be throwing a lot of obstacles their way and try to make the game a masterclass in misleading interactions.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:46 am

Post by Isis »

I don't care which game I play
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:47 am

Post by Isis »

They're calling my boardnunber
"Well, I..."
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:49 am

Post by Faker »

As town I don't really feel like I have anything to prove. My best games are on the table, and the fact that they're not great is frustrating but I can look at them and say "These are the best I had and I'm proud of them." As scum, I'd have so much more to offer that I just haven't gotten a chance to over the years, and against a table like this I'd be excited but the pressure would be overwhelming. It'd be really tough for me not to get more irritable.

I know that's less about my experiences with school, and more about this game, but I hope it still helps.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:55 am

Post by Isis »

So are you saying you've been saying "I want to hug you instead of beat you at mafia" to 8 slots all game because you rolled town and lost wim?
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:55 am

Post by Isis »

Idr the self stuff helps reading you I remember it feeling obstructive in tiaragame
"Well, I..."
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:57 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 398, Faker wrote:
In post 395, Tempest wrote:Well that’s depressing.
If you're town I'll get there eventually~

I'll again circle back pretty soon with earlier discussions, and my read isn't set in stone. Let's work it out!
Let’s hope but it’s no matter. I’m just doing my own thing and if I’m not jelling with this game then I’m not. I feel just fine but maybe I’m not the shining ray I think I am.

Now that I’m in the game though I kinda wish I did draw scum. One because id like to get my humiliation over with. I feel like the dreaded first scum game in forever is like the hugest slap bet that’s just lingering. But two and this is the biggest is that I think this setup would be easier as scum. Even if I was caught right away, id still have a manner of control. As it is I’m looking at the possibilities and am worried I’m gonna be dealing with the same issues I had in trust fall, and I’m worried I’m going to mess everything up either because someone can’t read me or I get so paranoid I miss. What I do think right now is that if I am staying at the bottom of peoples lists and town can’t find me, I want my room resolved first. I realize it’s only day two and reads change, but that’s what I want if I’m still suspected.

I am kinda bummed that demona voted for the wall. I was hoping that someone would interact with y thought about trying to get town reads to the keep but only ferry commented. I don’t know if my thought is moot now and maybe it was dumb to begin with but it’d be nice to not be ignored about it.

I do have some concerns on ffery’s latest post as it feels like she’s using the momentum of suspicion on me in a scummy way. Do I think she should have me as town? Probably not I guess If I’m having an off game but I guess I didn’t expect the kind of “I haven’t seen Tammy-scum in years”. No shit, I haven’t seen Tammy scum since 2017, nobody knows what she looks like anymore. (I don’t count scumsman).
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:58 am

Post by Faker »

In post 519, Isis wrote:So are you saying you've been saying "I want to hug you instead of beat you at mafia" to 8 slots all game because you rolled town and lost wim?
I haven't lost my WIM at all. I don't plan on losing, and will do my best to prevent it! This is the only game I'm going to get to play until summer, so I'd really, REALLY like to win actually (pls carry isis stronk)

But do I want to completely crush people such that it leaves no doubt that I'm better and always will be, like what normally drove me from 2016 on? Nope.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:00 am

Post by Faker »

In post 521, Tempest wrote:Now that I’m in the game though I kinda wish I did draw scum.
Wishes do come true!!!!
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:01 am

Post by Faker »

I also counted pregame and funfact I'm actually sub-50% as town and it'd be really nice to inch closer to breaking even

again isis stronk isis carry thank u

Return to “Completed Open Games”