Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:11 am

Post by Faker »

Look I didn't mean to kill game discussion by waxing poetic.

I mostly agree on fferllyt Tempest but my reasoning is pretty much a dart throw atm, I also think she'd probably try and pressure me more overall.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:13 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 510, Faker wrote:In general Tempest I think you've been pretty self-conscious this game and preemptively afraid. I really did think you might have felt pressured to post and overcome the scumxiety when I missed you, but our interaction last night added to it. One reading was that you just missed the joke because my humor is bad, but the other is that you missed it because you were so worried I was making a point
against
you that you had to respond to.

As town I know you hate pushes on you to begin with and can be fierce about playing defense, and probably pushing harder would net an answer, but that probably wouldn't be fun even if it got the answer, and I don't want to just savagely beat down and demoralize
anyone
this game even if they're scum, which is kind of a first but I've grown so much more cooperative over the last few months and really just want to see people improve. I'm also just confident that we have time to sort, and I'm down to go in the same game though ffery might be better.

I'm also just down to dialogue about someone else entirely if you want, I asked earlier about fleshing out the thoughts on demona but maybe cat/ffery would be better.
You are totally misreading my mindstate. I don’t feel any more self conscious than I do at any other time in my life. I kinda thought chara was scummy for suggesting it last night because it’s such a buzzword scum like to throw around to justify suspicion on me. I know I joked it off, but I actually wasn’t feeling self conscious last night at all.

Part of the reason I kept checking the thread last night was to see if you’d come in so I could say hi. I didn’t feel pressured to post. I posted because I wanted to. I doubt very seriously I’d feeel the need to scuttle in and post after I’d already said I was going to bed. Past scum me usually waited those things out out of concern that I would look like I felt pressured to post.

Anyway I didn’t see you ask about my thoughts on demona. I’ll catch up from my break and get back to you.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:20 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 523, Faker wrote:
In post 521, Tempest wrote:Now that I’m in the game though I kinda wish I did draw scum.
Wishes do come true!!!!
Look I get it you think I’m scum. Can you not.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:22 am

Post by Faker »

The nice thing about going to the Keep is that if cat is scum I'm going to dunk on that nerd anyway, and just get you as town that way.

If he runs we can chase him down and dunk on him even more viciously. It's a W.

P-Edit: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiine
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:23 am

Post by Faker »

How about I just pretend you're clear and town entirely until Day 2? Would that help?
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:23 am

Post by Faker »

I'll do it, try me motherfucker, I'll do it, don't double dog dare me.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:25 am

Post by Faker »

If you get swapped out though you're on your own champ LMAO
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:32 am

Post by Tempest »

My thought on sending consensus town reads to the keep though was since that’s the one where the town read matters, if we are right on those townreads scum has to use one of their two moves to move scum into the keep which could help tomorrow and would use up one of their moves for that. They would have one fewer moves to make widow choices to mess with us if we are right on those three townreads.

I don’t care where I go because it doesn’t matter. If scum want me somewhere else, they’ll just move me.

I also don’t care if you want to stick me in a group hoping to get all scum. Then you just get to reassess your reads tomorrow and that might be beneficial too.

I don’t care who I’m with because while in a normal game I think I’d be able to get a read on catboi, prism and ffery, I’m not sure this setup will allow me to do that with any confidence. So I don’t care who I’m placed with. I can go into a room with one or two of them and I think my chances at getting it right are about the same as me going with anyone else.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:40 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 529, Faker wrote:How about I just pretend you're clear and town entirely until Day 2? Would that help?
No I don’t want that. I want you to sort me and get it right and maybe in the process I get you right.

I just don’t want little jabs at me about me being scum when you’re really calling me scum when I’m not scum. If you were just trolling me because you were being silly or trying for a reaction, I’d just roll with it.

I’m not saying don’t call me scum because it’s mafia after all. Just not the salt in the sounds okay.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:40 am

Post by Tempest »

*wounds
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:49 am

Post by Tempest »

Also I don’t want you to be sorry about ruffling my feathers. Push me how you need to. I think I do a lot better about being pushed in general, but it’s a game and I won’t have any hard feelings after it even if I’m mad in the process. I’ll try not to bite back too hard!
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:56 am

Post by Faker »

Thinking about it on the bus I am kind of worried about 2 scum in the wall/0 in the keep where one of me/Cat gets swapped in but shrug, we'll make it work if it happens.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:57 am

Post by Faker »

In post 533, Tempest wrote:
In post 529, Faker wrote:How about I just pretend you're clear and town entirely until Day 2? Would that help?
No I don’t want that. I want you to sort me and get it right and maybe in the process I get you right.

I just don’t want little jabs at me about me being scum when you’re really calling me scum when I’m not scum. If you were just trolling me because you were being silly or trying for a reaction, I’d just roll with it.

I’m not saying don’t call me scum because it’s mafia after all. Just not the salt in the sounds okay.
Sounds good to me, but I both was calling you scum AND being silly, and surely that's worth at least half points
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:58 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 430, Faker wrote:Coral might be a good fit there, bit more formal but definitely same whimsy, but you seem to take Coral's tone/style as more face value which is definitely a mistake. I don't know how vulnerable Isis is after I hauled her up the mountain vs. Coral in Eurybia
Is this meaning you have seen coral scum? Been partnered with coral scum?
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:00 pm

Post by Faker »

it means i REKT that mafia nerd in a totally fair and equitable fashion that was not at all reliant on a gimmick & a replacement

I as town saw her play scum in Eurybia's Curse, you can see at a glance that her tone is strong
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:03 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

VOTE COUNT 1.1
[8]
Not voting
: Faker, skitter30, catboi, Isis, Coral, absinthe, Tempest, Chara

[0] Gumdrop Gate:
[1] Wafer Wall: demona
[0] Krampus Keep

Day one ends in (expired on 2022-12-20 19:59:56).

MOD NOTES• faker replaces prism.

• have fun![/size]
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:04 pm

Post by Faker »

In post 540, Ydrasse wrote:• faker replaces prism.
queen
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:06 pm

Post by Faker »

In post 536, Faker wrote:Thinking about it on the bus I am kind of worried about 2 scum in the wall/0 in the keep where one of me/Cat gets swapped in but shrug, we'll make it work if it happens.
I'm stupid this can happen in 1-1-1 too but w/e YOU GET WHAT I MEAN DON'T PUT ME IN WALL THANK YOU
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:12 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 448, catboi wrote:I've been loath to out my reads this game because I think showing your hand too much allows scum to exploit people's biases but I've been nursing a pocket scumread on Chara since - just feels like a post scum makes - and haven't really had a moment from it that pinged towny and made me waver.
Jokes on scum if they think they can make sense of my scattered brain!
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:13 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 461, Chara wrote:before we received roles, i'd already decided if i rolled scum i was not going to try and go the distance. just don't have it in me, especially after my last few scumgames. Isis could attest to that.

luckily it didn't happen, but for those who are concerned with my scumgame, i assure you it would break down in any kind of 3p lylo situation. so the Wall is good for Chara, and for everyone!

pedit: so in the end i find the read understandable, if not very illuminating about you.
Kinda like this post.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:46 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 539, Faker wrote:it means i REKT that mafia nerd in a totally fair and equitable fashion that was not at all reliant on a gimmick & a replacement

I as town saw her play scum in Eurybia's Curse, you can see at a glance that her tone is strong
Why do you have coral so far down on your reads list?
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:50 pm

Post by Faker »

Isis, Chara, and Coral can really go in any order. I know that's a cop-out since I'm the one who chose to do it as a line in the first place.

If you have anything in particular for me to look at I can, but a lot of what I'm doing atm is waiting for ffery and seeing where things shake out.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:54 pm

Post by Chara »

i'm going to wait for Isis to return and then join the Wall with her unless someone stops me. :>
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:59 pm

Post by Tempest »

No I was just interested. Trying to make sense of my own coral thoughts.

Oh by the by do you all wanna know what real self-consciousness/self-absorption is? I’ve already read my own iso 3 times.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:05 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 500, demona wrote:
In post 493, Faker wrote:It's more that you really seemed to want to be at the Keep, and it made sense for you to be there with people who can read you. I'm not sure about your hesitation on the Gate because similar problems crop up in Wall: If you're not clear in Gate but the clear can read you you're fine, if you're the clear you have to vote correctly. In Wall you will still have to vote correctly.
i did want to be at the keep i just deferred

??? my hesitation is that i would be confirmed

and we don’t really gain anything from that or at the very least i do not so i would prefer someone else to be confirmed
I think the impulse move is in a vacuum +scum but I actually find the explanation plausible here and the line of logic about not wanting to get confirmed isn't one that occurs to scum at first thought.

(I am having a hell of a time finding anyone actually scummy though)

Return to “Completed Open Games”