Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:23 pm

Post by Chara »

looking at and next to each other, i do see the confusion. they don't have anything to do with each other, no, 411 was just an idle thought.

pedit: sounds terrible! good luck absinthe.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:25 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 564, catboi wrote:tempest kind of feels town on page 21/22 and now I'm really lost and probably won't have strong feelings about the game until we get to day 2

I'm probably just going to send myself to the keep tonight in the next few hours, if anyone has an issue with that speak now or hold your peace
i want to use all of our day 1 time, so i'd rather you didn't. no issue with you going there eventually.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:31 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 551, absinthe wrote:I've played a fair bit with town-Tammy and I've been good at finding her as town, though I sometimes have a paranoia flash or two. So far, I'm fine with being in the same minigame with her.
This was more what I was expecting you'd mention about your ability to read me. The thing about being naive threw me off.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:37 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 576, Chara wrote:
In post 564, catboi wrote:tempest kind of feels town on page 21/22 and now I'm really lost and probably won't have strong feelings about the game until we get to day 2

I'm probably just going to send myself to the keep tonight in the next few hours, if anyone has an issue with that speak now or hold your peace
i want to use all of our day 1 time, so i'd rather you didn't. no issue with you going there eventually.
*grumble grumble* yeah that makes sense I suppose, I am antsy to get to the next part to have some tangible info but prolonging this phase can only help in the long run
In post 572, Chara wrote:the three name picks were my scumreads, but with a null read on skitter they're not anything i want to put a lot of stock into, given two of them were her own scumreads and my own tendency to be more confident in my reads when someone else who is 'good at mafia' shares them. (meaning, i made the list and then went hm, this is probably influenced more than i'd like by skitter)

and i have a game-related reason for me/Isis being a group i'd really like.
What put absinthe there for you?
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:39 pm

Post by Faker »

Top of 578 doesn't seem like something you'd believe. You like when games get stagnant as scum.

I instinctively liked Tempest's comment on self-obsession but think putting stock in it would be a mistake.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:45 pm

Post by Tempest »

Yeah, I think I'll be back tomorrow. I've massacred my sleep schedule the past several days, and I'm just exhausted. I'm gonna throw on some mindless tv and hopefully crash.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:47 pm

Post by Faker »

I had 2 Run Wild IPAs and 5 O'Doul's Ambers yesterday so I've been fucked up all day
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:48 pm

Post by Faker »

For anyone into beer, Run Wild is great, so is Upside Dawn, not a fan of the Free Wave as it's too bitter for my taste but YMMV
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:50 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 428, Faker wrote:My instinct says that demona would be a good fit stylistically there but I don't know how the three of you would actually read each other, the commonality to me is more whimsy/fun/ADHD energy and not knowing how to read any of the three of you personally.

That said I actually would say I trust skitter's judgment on being able to read demona and therefore that they should go together, provided that there isn't a high risk of skitter just being able to pocket her in turn which I'm assuming atm is not the case
Can you unpack this?
In post 441, Faker wrote:skitter/demona/Tammatha in Gate
cat/Faker/fferyllt in Keep
Chara/Isis/Coral in Wall

Looks decent but I would need to actually go back and read more of the substance I've been putting off. Swapping fferyllt/Tammatha might work but I think we get a ton of mileage out of having Tammatha at the Gate, very good clear to have and the outsiders can still help any clear read her if she's not picked.
I'm feeling pretty good about going into day 2 with Tammy from what I've seen so far.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:51 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 579, Faker wrote:Top of 578 doesn't seem like something you'd believe. You like when games get stagnant as scum.
Stagnant yes but I also LOATHE when town are given extended time to interact because I feel there's a higher chance someone starts towntelling and other players find them and that's maybe the biggest concern - it actively doesn't matter how smooth you are as scum if players start genuinely towntelling - that would be my biggest fear in a game like this. I don't think the game is at risk of becoming apathetic, the format is too short for that to be likely to be an issue. The bigger concern would be people stalling out and not being mindful of the deadline but I don't think that's going to be a problem on Day 1, moreso on Day 2 where someone is likely to be paralyzed with indecision.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:51 pm

Post by Faker »

Can you be more specific? The first sentence is talking about hypothetically putting demona/Isis/Chara together, but the second sentence says that I'm going to defer to skitter/demona and advocate for pairing them up in a minigame if they think they can read each other well.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:53 pm

Post by Faker »

@absinthe Can you lay out what minigame that would be and who it would be with?

I guess cat/Coral/me wouldn't be bad but it's not ideal and I'd greatly prefer you or Tempest. I'm not sure what shuffling to accommodate would look like, and I'm not entirely sure why you'd be averse to joining me/cat in the Keep given that it's more of a townhunting game than a scumhunting one.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:54 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 577, Tempest wrote:
In post 551, absinthe wrote:I've played a fair bit with town-Tammy and I've been good at finding her as town, though I sometimes have a paranoia flash or two. So far, I'm fine with being in the same minigame with her.
This was more what I was expecting you'd mention about your ability to read me. The thing about being naive threw me off.
The naivety comment was a reminder to self that I haven't seen your scum game since 2014 or some such.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:55 pm

Post by Coral »

In post 572, Chara wrote:the three name picks were my scumreads, but with a null read on skitter they're not anything i want to put a lot of stock into, given two of them were her own scumreads and my own tendency to be more confident in my reads when someone else who is 'good at mafia' shares them. (meaning, i made the list and then went hm, this is probably influenced more than i'd like by skitter)

and i have a game-related reason for me/Isis being a group i'd really like.
Hmm okay, that makes more sense, thanks! :)

And we'll follow up on that next game day, then.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:57 pm

Post by Faker »

I'm hoping for me/cat/Tempest or me/cat/absinthe but as it stands I'd probably join as third in any hypothetical Tempest/absinthe pairing in either Keep or Gate. I don't trust absinthe and would like to be a friendly thorn in her side if I am right.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:57 pm

Post by Coral »

With Wall being fairly set, things were already probably heading in this direction whether I liked it or not, but with how things are currently I'm feeling better than I was earlier (happy, even, perhaps) about the prospect of going to the Gate.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:58 pm

Post by Coral »

I like absinthe in Keep with catboi and Faker.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:59 pm

Post by Faker »

I'm pretty sure you joined after Chara had left: I know you like Isis, but if it's not obvious from the first 24 pages I think you'll find playing with Chara a real treat even in an endgame.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:03 pm

Post by Coral »

Me? While I agree wholeheartedly, I don't think there's room to play with Chara. Isis and Chara mutually want to be together and are heading towards Wall with demona. I'm pretty happy with the groupings as they're shaking out at the moment.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:04 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 586, Faker wrote:@absinthe Can you lay out what minigame that would be and who it would be with?

I guess cat/Coral/me wouldn't be bad but it's not ideal and I'd greatly prefer you or Tempest. I'm not sure what shuffling to accommodate would look like, and I'm not entirely sure why you'd be averse to joining me/cat in the Keep given that it's more of a townhunting game than a scumhunting one.
I've come around to...not caring too much which minigame.

Shocker.

A Demona/Tammy/me Keep might mean I'd be the decider there.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:04 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 591, Coral wrote:I like absinthe in Keep with catboi and Faker.
Why is that, exactly?
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:04 pm

Post by Faker »

Oh whoops I forgot about that, yep.

Better luck next time or swap yourself in!
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:05 pm

Post by Chara »

what is 592 in response to, Prism?

but i am a treat, you're right.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:06 pm

Post by Faker »

My other two pairings are all outta wack ahhhhhhhhh

Okay that makes Gate Coral, skitter, absinthe/Tempest which ~isn't ideal~ and I'm wondering if putting Isis/Chara in Gate is better
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:07 pm

Post by Faker »

ie. demona/Isis/Chara leaves out skitter but shrug maybe they can read each other just as well? I missed or forgot discussion around this

592 was to Coral talking about growing on their assignment, which I thought was Isis/Chara/Coral

Return to “Completed Open Games”