absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:10 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 662, Faker wrote:getting my footwork just right
This really is in your favor and is why I cut you some slack and didn't go for your throat last night.

Plus lack of brain cells.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:05 pm

Post by Tempest »

I just woke up from a dream where we had to shoot nailguns ino different parts of our arm to lock in our room, and I shot a nail in into my wrist to go to the keep. Not sure what the hell that dream was about but shooting the nail gun through my wrist neither hurt or made me bleed.

In post 523, Faker wrote:
In post 521, Tempest wrote:Now that I’m in the game though I kinda wish I did draw scum.
Wishes do come true!!!!
Upon waking I also had this thought. This post might mean your town. While you’re right that trust fall showed I didn’t understand how you’d interact around me, I’m just not sure this is how you interact with me as scum. I’m not sure scum you sees that some annoyance is starting to settle in and decides to have fun inflating it. I guess you could be hoping I have a bad reaction that gets more people on that read, but you’d already pointed out that I don’t like being pushed and can get pretty defensive so that is probably not it. I think you’re skilled enough as scum to get people to think I’m scum without that.

Going back to sleep but didnt want to forget this thought. (Unless this is a bad thought then I blame still half asleep me.)
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it she idk

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:57 am

Post by demona »

In post 656, catboi wrote:If you're scum and trying to put one over on me I hopefully figure it out before then but right now I don't think you'd target the keep if that was your plan.
how likely do you think it is that scum!faker would have actually been targeting the keep rather than counting on me locking in the keep and you all going elsewhere?
his unkindness may defeat my life but never taint my love

even shadows must be true to their shade
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:05 am

Post by demona »

In post 601, absinthe wrote:
In post 454, demona wrote:
In post 453, catboi wrote:
In post 450, demona wrote:
In post 449, catboi wrote:
In post 444, Faker wrote:So want to get a headstart? I don't know if you've outed reads yet, but if there's anything you want me to look at in particular LMK
want to make sure people are okay with the arrangement first and no one storms in screaming I OBJECT!!! but other than that fine
hmm what do you make

of chara and faker both seemingly not wanting me in the keep

without really stating why
I think they've both had plausible explanations but also that type of explanation isn't really particularly hard for scum to fake I don't think. That particular doesn't move the needle for me much.
do you think i would be less fun

than absinthe

for you and faker?
I'm not sure "fun" is the operant word for that!
i guess i do not really think there is actually a universe where demona/catboi/faker would have ever played out in the keep regardless unless one of catboi/faker is mafia and the mafia somehow ended up putting two members of their team into one of keep/gate and zero into the other which seems unlikely because mafia team would have had a lot of room to maneuver

demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:09 am

Post by demona »

In post 678, demona wrote:
In post 601, absinthe wrote:
In post 454, demona wrote:
In post 453, catboi wrote:
In post 450, demona wrote:
In post 449, catboi wrote:
In post 444, Faker wrote:So want to get a headstart? I don't know if you've outed reads yet, but if there's anything you want me to look at in particular LMK
want to make sure people are okay with the arrangement first and no one storms in screaming I OBJECT!!! but other than that fine
hmm what do you make

of chara and faker both seemingly not wanting me in the keep

without really stating why
I think they've both had plausible explanations but also that type of explanation isn't really particularly hard for scum to fake I don't think. That particular doesn't move the needle for me much.
do you think i would be less fun

than absinthe

for you and faker?
I'm not sure "fun" is the operant word for that!
i guess i do not really think there is actually a universe where demona/catboi/faker would have ever played out in the keep regardless unless one of catboi/faker is mafia and the mafia somehow ended up putting two members of their team into one of keep/gate and zero into the other which seems unlikely because mafia team would have had a lot of room to maneuver
right like if catboi/faker both town then the mafia would have been forced to switch one of us

if catboi/faker both mafia then the mafia would have been forced to switch one of them

and even though they both have stated lack of confidence in reading me i really do believe that if one of catboi/faker is mafia and the other town that the town would have found me

and! i kinda think they both would likely reach that conclusion as well and swap me

like yeah faker has been wrong on me before but if faker town in that situation i assume faker would abandon the hands off approach and we'd probably both end up frustrated but we'd win

demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:13 am

Post by demona »

In post 611, Coral wrote:Ah, you wanted skitter and demona together
eh i'm not really sure how much sense this makes outside of the keep

like i think faker only wanted this because skitter said she reads me well (which she does! though i have only ever been town in games with skitter i believe but that's the relevant part here anyway)

and i would like this because skitter is also generally patient with me

but it's not like i have a particularly good track record of reading skitter

demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:16 am

Post by demona »

^^^
In post 585, Faker wrote:but the second sentence says that I'm going to defer to skitter/demona and advocate for pairing them up in a minigame if they think they can read each other well.

demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:19 am

Post by demona »

In post 678, demona wrote:keep/gate
*wall/gate

Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:15 am

Post by Tempest »

Prism - if I understand things correctly part of your big town read on skitter is that skitters looking at things the same way and agrees with you. If so that’s the most dangerous types of reads that topples great empires. Think it’s a lazy read. It might be a right read but I’m not so sure. Would you read the skitter/coral interaction around page 5 and tell me if it gives you anything on both of them?
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:18 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 648, Faker wrote:I'm a bit more skeptical of skitter skimming through the first few pages but I'm actually curious to hear her thoughts on pairings/locations again, originally we wanted Keep but I'm wondering what she thinks of Gate.

Oh. Well then. But it do wanna know your thoughts on that interaction.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:25 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 634, Faker wrote:Sorry Tammy just like Trust Fall I'm leaving your indecisive ass on the dance floor

<3 hope u thrive wherever u wind up

I won’t but that’s fine.

I’m not indecisive about where I go. I just don’t care. Well there is actually one person I’d not be too keen to be with but I’m not saying who or why because I don’t want that scum to put me there on purpose. If you’re t happens, it happens and I’ll out that and why tomorrow. No, that person isn’t you.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:33 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 594, absinthe wrote:
In post 586, Faker wrote:@absinthe Can you lay out what minigame that would be and who it would be with?

I guess cat/Coral/me wouldn't be bad but it's not ideal and I'd greatly prefer you or Tempest. I'm not sure what shuffling to accommodate would look like, and I'm not entirely sure why you'd be averse to joining me/cat in the Keep given that it's more of a townhunting game than a scumhunting one.
I've come around to...not caring too much which minigame.

Shocker.

A Demona/Tammy/me Keep might mean I'd be the decider there.
:?

I realize that you might not have known demona went to the wall, but I’m curious about your thoughts there. I’m on record as having a town read on demona. It’s the only read I’ve unequivocally stated. I’ve mentioned a suspicion of you. Now I know my reads can change quite a lot, especially overnight, but your thought there that you’d be the decider doesn’t line up with the thoughts I’ve given.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:39 am

Post by Tempest »

Isis/skitter/absinthe

Tossing around that team in my head. I don’t love it seeing it written down though.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:49 am

Post by Tempest »

I was thinking maybe chara for a little while in part because of the self-conscious thing, poking at me yesterday that felt more intended to make it look like I wasn’t playing and hadn’t given thoughts, and the way chara interacted with coral during the skitter/coral thing. Yes, part of that is all about me but I’ve gotta omgus someone don’t I? :p. I kid, it just felt like a scummy push. I also wondered if the post about feeling biased in its read against me cuz skitter might be a way to shift some blame when wrong. However I did kinda like the self-referential post about its scum game/plan though it’s a dangerous reason to like it too. But I’m also thinking about isis and chara and I kinda want to take isis at face value that chara seems comfortable and having fun and that seems more like town chara.

So not sure how strong that is but I think my original thought might be wrong.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:08 am

Post by Tempest »

If I’m wrong on my suspicions of skitter then I’d take her suspicions of coral more seriously, but I think corals been fine. There’s a lot of setup talk but that’s the case for most people. I liked the bit about hard toe reading scum and then boom turning on them later followed up by a post with townreads of her scum reads. I also liked her interaction with skitter. I thought that skitters points felt more like scum points than town and I liked that coral pointed out that it seemed more like skitter was assigning her things rather than trying to figure her out. And yo ally coral has just been fine to me. In a normal game, I’d make a note that this is the exact place I often put scum in day one then realize it was a bad read about day three, but we don’t have a day three. But that little caveat is probably keeping me from just stating a coral town read explicitly.

Beyond that interaction, skitter has felt more sideline than involved.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:19 am

Post by Tempest »

For absinthe - I guess I expected a different sort of interaction than I’ve had. The mafia insomnia was good, but I did expect more of a follow up than wondering when I’d be caught up and then not interacting much else. The comment about being naive and not seeing my scum game in a while felt off because it did feel like using some of the momentum of suspicion against me to her benefit. I’ve been joking about how ffery never gets to god tier town on me in games. When I’m town she usually has me as town, but never in the top tier. In the last game we played together I got paranoid because I thought she had me town too early, but she asserted her belief she could read me, so the naive comment felt off. I didn’t expect her to call me town there, but I expected more along the lines of prisms “if she’s town, I’ll figure it out”. Some of the interaction with prism felt a little performative like finding a post to call her town on with “whew”.

I do hope/believe that if I’m wrong here, I will figure it out. Sometimes I start off with suspicion here and the realize I’m hilariously wrong.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:19 am

Post by Faker »

Tempest town odds are...rising!

I'll be back to engage more+respond to stuff later but ~welcome~
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:20 am

Post by Faker »

The post she picked to do it with was also nonsensical IMO given what she's seen from me/the bar she normally sets but we went over that for awhile already
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:43 am

Post by Tempest »

Isis is mostly Poe. I haven’t seen anything very scummy from her but I also haven’t read a post that I have felt town on either. (Good luck in whatever matches you were talking about though!)

I haven’t had a problem with catboi’s posts.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:47 am

Post by Tempest »

Those thoughts are just the top of my head thoughts. Trying to organize the thoughts in my head and how I’m telling about the game without going back to see if I’m remembering things correctly, so there could be a mistake in attribution I guess. If so oops.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:57 am

Post by Tempest »

In post 691, Faker wrote:Tempest town odds are...rising!

I'll be back to engage more+respond to stuff later but ~welcome~
It’s easier if you just believe me the first time :cool:
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:05 am

Post by absinthe »

In post 686, Tempest wrote:
In post 594, absinthe wrote:
In post 586, Faker wrote:@absinthe Can you lay out what minigame that would be and who it would be with?

I guess cat/Coral/me wouldn't be bad but it's not ideal and I'd greatly prefer you or Tempest. I'm not sure what shuffling to accommodate would look like, and I'm not entirely sure why you'd be averse to joining me/cat in the Keep given that it's more of a townhunting game than a scumhunting one.
I've come around to...not caring too much which minigame.

Shocker.

A Demona/Tammy/me Keep might mean I'd be the decider there.
:?

I realize that you might not have known demona went to the wall, but I’m curious about your thoughts there. I’m on record as having a town read on demona. It’s the only read I’ve unequivocally stated. I’ve mentioned a suspicion of you. Now I know my reads can change quite a lot, especially overnight, but your thought there that you’d be the decider doesn’t line up with the thoughts I’ve given.
I went back through your ISO to see where you'd expressed this, and don't see anything like that, at least prior to Demona's Wall vote? Am I missing something?
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:06 am

Post by Faker »

In post 695, Tempest wrote:It’s easier if you just believe me the first time :cool:
Ah, you see, but that would require me doing the work, and you wouldn't have earned it.

Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:10 am

Post by Faker »

I should say I don't really townread you, more back to nullish, but we've got time and I still have to engage with what you actually wrote so maybe. It's just good to see you engaging and spitballing and I know you struggle to do that as scum, so it's neat
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:12 am

Post by absinthe »

In post 690, Tempest wrote:For absinthe - I guess I expected a different sort of interaction than I’ve had. The mafia insomnia was good, but I did expect more of a follow up than wondering when I’d be caught up and then not interacting much else. The comment about being naive and not seeing my scum game in a while felt off because it did feel like using some of the momentum of suspicion against me to her benefit. I’ve been joking about how ffery never gets to god tier town on me in games. When I’m town she usually has me as town, but never in the top tier. In the last game we played together I got paranoid because I thought she had me town too early, but she asserted her belief she could read me, so the naive comment felt off. I didn’t expect her to call me town there, but I expected more along the lines of prisms “if she’s town, I’ll figure it out”. Some of the interaction with prism felt a little performative like finding a post to call her town on with “whew”.

I do hope/believe that if I’m wrong here, I will figure it out. Sometimes I start off with suspicion here and the realize I’m hilariously wrong.
Our active times just haven't meshed that well so far. But I'm here now. When we've both been here it seems like one or both of us is in catch-up mode.

It's looking like water under the bridge, but I'll expect I'll get to an accurate read on you. And that definitely plays into my wish to be in the same minigame.

Return to “Completed Open Games”