Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:33 pm

Post by Chara »

that is a very fair question. the feeling of being able to read demona is not something i could defend to myself, i think, given it is not based on any fact i can point to, but sometimes my intuition knows more than my conscious mind does and i occasionally find i should listen to it.

the townread i had to go back to see, page 6 demona is very towny, suspicion of being referred to as shiki and all of the hmming, etc. approach to suspicious behavior feels real to me.

pedit: this post is to Fake about demona.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:33 pm

Post by Faker »

In post 748, catboi wrote:idfk then i'm probably talking out my ass and didn't think that post through
Dayvig: catboi
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:35 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 747, absinthe wrote:Tammy why do you think I whiffed my read of you?
I wasn't referring to you there. I was referring to faker's interpretation of my day one posts.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:36 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 744, Tempest wrote:ut here there's nothing, just what we have today where people are just focusing on the setup or not saying anything much because they don't need to prove themselves town today or because they don't want scum to know their thoughts, which well whatever but I kinda think that sucks
oh i agree here, there are certain things there's value in keeping hidden but i don't think we can just sit around waiting for day 2 in the hopes we'll suddenly content to read about when we haven't been making it.

besides the who wants to go where discussion, there's value in it but not enough to base the whole game on personally.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:37 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 751, Faker wrote:
In post 748, catboi wrote:idfk then i'm probably talking out my ass and didn't think that post through
Dayvig: catboi
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:38 pm

Post by Chara »

i'm going to conclude kitty is scum regardless of what grouping he ends up in, just watch.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:45 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 744, Tempest wrote:absinthe - I certainly didn't expect to come out with a scum read on you so soon either. It's not a read I want to have, especially if it's wrong. I'm a little bit annoyed right now. Part of it is game related; part of it is not. It's been a long time since somebody who knows me has whiffed so hard on my opening mood. Perhaps that's partly a fault of my own. I couldn't be here when the game started, and when I did come into the game it was after an extremely long day and several days of little sleep. What I do know is that I was enjoying myself and was generally happy to be here even if I was exhausted. Getting scum read is whatever; it's just mildly annoying to be told you're anxious or scared when you're feeling calm and enjoying yourself for the most part. (And trying to beat back the part of me that low-key thinks some of the taunting was to purposefully tilt.)
I thought you were saying that I whiffed on your opening posts, but rereading, this doesn't sound anything like what I've thought or said about you. So I'm gonna assume this isn't aimed at me.
The gamestate is annoying too. Perhaps it's just a function of this setup, and I just don't get that, but it just feels like we're all just sitting on our hands talking about the setup and I don't get it. Yes, I understand that people want to keep scum in the dark blah blah blah, but save for a few things, I just don't get that. Because to me, once we're all in 3p things get harder. What makes 3p so fucking hard is that scum and town are behaving in similar ways, but in a normal game there's a whole game's worth of game to go off of. But here there's nothing, just what we have today where people are just focusing on the setup or not saying anything much because they don't need to prove themselves town today or because they don't want scum to know their thoughts, which well whatever but I kinda think that sucks. Maybe I'll feel differently after I've played this setup, but it makes today annoying and I think it will make tomorrow even harder.
I feel like the gamestate is getting stagnant, but it's a weekend and 1/3 of the player list is on v/la. Also holidays. we're just going to have to live with a game going over the holidays.
I also hate feeling like I'm speaking into a void. My thoughts and reads might not be great thoughts and reads, but I have had them, and save for a small bit here and there, they've gone mostly ignored. Like, we don't have to be online at the same time to interact, I've been open with what I'm thinking as I'm going along, and I'd welcome any comment on my reads/thoughts, disagreements, agreements, anything. I don't like feeling alone in a game. Maybe the reason for that is that everyone is deciding not to actually give thoughts today because it'd be better tomorrow and that's whatever.
I'm here. Who and what do you want to talk about?
Beyond that and not game related and probably affecting me the most is that I'm just fucking tired. I haven't been tolerating losing sleep all that well lately, and while I got decent sleep last night, it doesn't come close to making up for what I've done to it lately. I woke up annoyed and have been annoyed with every single thing I've done today.
Mood. I'm also dealing with a totaled car and trying to line up a house repair that I hope is a lot better than the worst case scenario. None of this is tragic, but it is what it is, and it's all happening in December. :/
I didn't write all this to sound like a big whining whiner. I just wanted to explain my mood and how it's affecting the way I'm thinking about and looking at the game. When I get into a mood like this, the part of me that waffles, overthinks, deals with the indecision and frets about being wrong on a friend doesn't exist. Or at least to the extent that it usually does. If I were in any other mood than I am right now, I'd probably not just come out with a scum read on you; I'm sure I'd handle my suspicion quite differently. My reads might be hilariously wrong, but right now I don't even care and I know that's not usually like me but it is what it is today. Maybe tomorrow I wake up and I'm back to my old self. But, I am really really sorry if you're town, and I'm just stupidly wrong here. I know how frustrating it is to have the town against you and one of the people you expect to read you right is not. I do want to get the read right; I do hope/think that I will, and I'm sorry if I'm being annoying about it.
I captured my zen moment last night and I'm not going to let it go. It's ok to scum read me.

I felt seriously burned in the first game by being moved out of my chosen game after I spent the night phase prepping and getting psyched for day 2. That may happen again this game to one townie. I encourage thinking flexibly enough about the minigames that being yeeted like that isn't a major blow. I don't think you're at risk of feeling that way, but maybe some of us are.

Knowing you can't be night killed is one of the upsides to this game, though you're right, going straight into a bunch of ELO situations with a lot less data than most games is a mess.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:49 pm

Post by Coral »

In post 746, Faker wrote:Coral is still a project because I'm out hunting for books to read over break.
I recently read
The Violent Bear it Away
. Quite something, I thought.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:51 pm

Post by Coral »

In post 750, Chara wrote:that is a very fair question. the feeling of being able to read demona is not something i could defend to myself, i think, given it is not based on any fact i can point to, but sometimes my intuition knows more than my conscious mind does and i occasionally find i should listen to it.
I can relate to this feeling. Perhaps the self-assertiveness of the "you all will be able to townread me" worked some sort of hypnotic magic and I started to believe it. I do believe it, in spite of that, though :shifty:
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:54 pm

Post by Faker »

My taste for fiction has evaporated recently, trying to get through all of the philosophy I supposedly should have done in undergrad at this point. No political philosophy available until the law desk opens on Monday, c'est la vie.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:56 pm

Post by Chara »

have you considered learning Latin, Faker? you could read philosophical works in their original language! what fun!
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:57 pm

Post by Faker »

Hell no, I hate learning languages, I'm barely able to read English
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:58 pm

Post by Chara »

so you're a coward too. do it anyway.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:58 pm

Post by Faker »

I do think the shiki-name-possible-slip of some kind was very plausible for demona, but ?_? would need to look at more scumgames

Thanks for trying to make it more precise for me in any case
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:59 pm

Post by Faker »

In post 762, Chara wrote:so you're a coward too. do it anyway.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=mirrors
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:59 pm

Post by Chara »

i've been trying to learn trivia so i know something about the world. i've reached pre-Socratic philosophy and internalized almost none of it, but i know who [redacted] and [redacted] are now.

edited - ydra
Last edited by Ydrasse on Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:00 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 764, Faker wrote:
In post 762, Chara wrote:so you're a coward too. do it anyway.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=mirrors
what does this mean. i'm not scared of anything.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:00 pm

Post by Coral »

I personally find that philosophy makes a stronger impact on me when ferried into my brain behind a thinly veiled guise of character and story :P

Maybe someday I'll be strong enough to drink straight from the source without coughing too much, and then forgetting most of it.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:03 pm

Post by Faker »

Uh huh, I'm sure you're not
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:04 pm

Post by absinthe »

I'm pretty fond of Hegel. I originally dug into his work because someone told me my playstyle was Hegelian way back when.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:08 pm

Post by Chara »

i would say my playstyle is Goofinsian.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:15 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 760, Chara wrote:have you considered learning Latin, Faker? you could read philosophical works in their original language! what fun!
I’m eating dinner so I’ll respond to other people in a bit, but do you read Latin?
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:19 pm

Post by Faker »

I spent at least an hour last week prepping for Hegelian conceptions of property and personhood only to get no philosophy/policy question for that class at all so there's that
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:28 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 771, Tempest wrote:
In post 760, Chara wrote:have you considered learning Latin, Faker? you could read philosophical works in their original language! what fun!
I’m eating dinner so I’ll respond to other people in a bit, but do you read Latin?
not very well.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:34 pm

Post by Tempest »

My Latin is super rusty now, but once upon a time I read it quite well and taught it in grad school.

Return to “Completed Open Games”