Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:01 am

Post by Isis »

I'd think defusing assembled indictment theories of what has happened is easier than developing them from scratch

Could it be that one is just more unpalatable than the other rather than harder to play than the other
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:02 am

Post by Isis »

Could it be the legendary +MV +EV?!?!?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:02 am

Post by Faker »

I'm pretty curious about people taking demona-town at face value. Demona isn't deadweight and the pattern/style of questions is pretty typical.

The most town thing to me is just the "me-town" centric perspective that is akin to Slaughter Hour, but I view that with a very heavy dose of skepticism.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:04 am

Post by Faker »

I also don't think giving up going to the Keep is a big L for demona-scum, if it's even an L at all.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:09 am

Post by Isis »

In post 1049, demona wrote:
In post 1044, Isis wrote:
In post 996, demona wrote:
In post 995, skitter30 wrote:(And am finding it really interesting that i'm getting vague nondescript opposition to that)
i am not opposed in case you thought my recent posts were voicing opposition to you joining the wall

like in theory i could maybe understand absinthe’s position that she was worried about scum!you potentially wanting to fool me but it seemed like she was saying that scum!absinthe would want to fool me because i am unfamiliar with absinthe but! i am not unfamiliar with you

but also like, if absinthe is worried about my ability to find the scums due to unfamiliarity with me, who would be the potential scums in this game that she wouldn’t be worried about coming to wall?

and i don’t fully understand isis’s objection you have correctly read me as town pretty consistently and i am town here and isis believes i am town so it’d just be one way threat

but also maybe i am not understanding

and like i said to faker we offer nice benefit of informed solving here at the wall
It's just a waste, anyone can find you town, dont use master ball on a pidgey

As much as I dont have great games with skitter i believe in the conventional stance about her general proficiency. And probably wall is mostly solved this game.
It may be a thought where if I zoomed out there's not actually room to include such a preference alongside my other preferences let alone other people having preferences
if i were swapped to keep who would you want to be the three players left at the wall? in terms of likelihood for town to win the wall

(also in the case of town!skitter, skitter’s proficiency would be a plus if noone was swapped because she would be able to solve the other two games knowing i was town and the third person at wall was therefore mafia)
I don't think playing around swap hypotheticals is ideal. There's a 22% chance you get swapped out of keep.
Also we need to win all 3 games. (As the general sentiment it's 2/3)
I just want to make all 3 games good games. At least one will be left untouched and maybe a second will have the swap not feel super material.
"Well, I..."
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it she idk

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:11 am

Post by demona »

just going to assume you’re doing the due diligence thing

(not that it was directed towards me anyway)

pedit: @faker
his unkindness may defeat my life but never taint my love

even shadows must be true to their shade
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:50 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1008, Faker wrote:Gate: Tempest, skitter, Coral
From my pov this is not my ideal placement
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:52 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1040, Isis wrote:
In post 973, skitter30 wrote:
In post 972, skitter30 wrote:Isis where do u think i should go?
Also ffery
Go fight Faker in Keep y'all both have big personalities.

I don't remember what the keep does

Also I read a couple posts ahead of this on catch-up but not more
This has apparently been taken
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:54 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1048, Isis wrote:
In post 1018, skitter30 wrote:If we're putting me at gate can it at least not be with 2 scumreads of mine? I think i get ic'd there and that won't be a fun time for me
I'm at a thing, will respond to the above later
If you scumread two people couldnt you do pretty well filtering between which one is better foundations? I'd think two townreads would be worse. Maybe I have it backwards though
I mean ideally i'd have one of each

Eh. I'll go if that's what's been decided
Show
Hiatus once more.

absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:44 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 1046, Tempest wrote:
In post 1039, absinthe wrote:
In post 1036, absinthe wrote:
In post 1033, Tempest wrote:Ffery - were you waiting until tomorrow to give your thoughts on that skitter/coral interaction I asked about or did I miss the response?

Also I’m not gonna worry about reassessing until tomorrow unless I see something that sticks out strongly.
I missed the question. If it's the area of thread I think you mean, I asked about skitter's Coral read on page 7 or 8. I didn't really like the answer, because I liked some of Coral's thoughts about the setup and how scum might approach it, particularly about scum wanting to lock in early. That happened in the first Fortress game. It could be a genuine thought process, though. Her early scumlean was based on different stuff from my early townlean.
"different stuff" isn't really accurate, I guess. My read was based on agreeing with some of the concerns Carol outlined and liking the thought process around them. skitter said she was thinking that looking at how scum might approach the setup indicates a scum mindset. That's kinda eh to me regardless of skitter's alignment. A player that's focusing on the setup will think about the scum approach regardless of whether they post about it. In this case, I thought posting about it might cause scum to proceed with caution, which gives up some of the opportunity to spread out as they prefer.

Thanks! I know I’m focusing a lot on that interaction but for me it seemed like a pretty important interaction wise, and I came out of it thinking coral was more likely town and either skitter or chara were more likely scum. So I was basically at does anybody else see what I see, and how I’m interpreting it or am I placing too much emphasis on a conversation that is not as important as i thought it was.
Yeah that whole section needs attention. Maybe tonight.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:47 pm

Post by Tempest »

Could be confirmation biasing here but this kinda sounds like a perspective slip. Like you know that we’re town and the gate will remain as is. From my point of view, with your stated scum reads, you should be expecting some changes. If coral and I are scum, one is leaving. If ffery and catboi are scum, one of them is moving. With your scum reads, you should be expecting movement, but you’re like ope gonna be the ic with two of my scum reads and it doesn’t sound very genuine.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:32 pm

Post by Faker »

In post 1056, skitter30 wrote:
we're gonna make you WORK for the W skits, gotta use those hunting instincts where we need u

and also make ur life hard as mafia
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:44 pm

Post by demona »

In post 1052, Faker wrote:I'm pretty curious about people taking demona-town at face value. Demona isn't deadweight and the pattern/style of questions is pretty typical.

The most town thing to me is just the "me-town" centric perspective that is akin to Slaughter Hour, but I view that with a very heavy dose of skepticism.
In post 1053, Faker wrote:I also don't think giving up going to the Keep is a big L for demona-scum, if it's even an L at all.
but also like

is there any point to this other than to say,

but wait everyone, demona is not altogether incompetent as a scums

are you
really
worried about me? do i
actually
feel the same there to you?

okayokayokay

sorry

Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:48 pm

Post by Faker »

1060 is about skitter right? I just spent a few minutes typing up how that didn't make sense for scum-fferyllt.

Even for skitter it ~might~ be a perspective slip but she knows that at least one of her scumreads has a good chance of being wrong. I think being worried about having to pick which to go with is natural, but also deal w/ it nerd.

P-Edit: It was inviting people to flesh out the read more, which didn't happen. I actually think this game looks more like Slaughter Hour than Trust Fall, where content was more scarce and reactive. I put little stock in that with low sample size.

I wouldn't really call it worry. The idea was to sow some doubt in anyone being lazy, but I was more curious if anyone would reply.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:49 pm

Post by Faker »

A simple way to put it is that 1052 is equally about you and about the players townreading you off of little.
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:00 pm

Post by demona »

In post 1063, Faker wrote:P-Edit: It was inviting people to flesh out the read more, which didn't happen. I actually think this game looks more like Slaughter Hour than Trust Fall, where content was more scarce and reactive. I put little stock in that with low sample size.

I wouldn't really call it worry. The idea was to sow some doubt in anyone being lazy, but I was more curious if anyone would reply.
In post 1064, Faker wrote:A simple way to put it is that 1052 is equally about you and about the players townreading you off of little.
this is why i tried not to comment on it because like

like i can maybe see some value in this especially because it is sometimes difficult for me to tell the difference between town strongly townreading me and mafia who know i am town

but also

and you can yell at me for this,

but...

i am pretty okay with everyone being completely lazy about actually reading me here and just assuming i am town

demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:02 pm

Post by demona »

(and it seemed nearly impossible to me that town!you would have looked at that game and this game and reached the conclusion that they were exactly the same)

Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:03 pm

Post by Faker »

I'm trying not to yell at anyone this game, and I don't think that comment especially is worth getting upset about.

I think there's a lot of value in interrogating reads on you regardless of what they are, but you probably already know that and what you do is up to you. I'm someone who gets a lot of value out of seeing longer progressions.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:04 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1060, Tempest wrote:Could be confirmation biasing here but this kinda sounds like a perspective slip. Like you know that we’re town and the gate will remain as is. From my point of view, with your stated scum reads, you should be expecting some changes. If coral and I are scum, one is leaving. If ffery and catboi are scum, one of them is moving. With your scum reads, you should be expecting movement, but you’re like ope gonna be the ic with two of my scum reads and it doesn’t sound very genuine.
No, i just fear the scenario where i'm wrong and one of u *is* town and i have to decide which
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:05 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1061, Faker wrote:
In post 1056, skitter30 wrote:
we're gonna make you WORK for the W skits, gotta use those hunting instincts where we need u

and also make ur life hard as mafia
Apparently
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:05 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Should i just go to gate?
Show
Hiatus once more.

Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:08 pm

Post by Faker »

They're definitely not the same and I highlighted a difference
in that post
about the most important difference to me, which was the contrast with Slaughter Hour.

I don't really want to go too much further on this at the moment. If you believe that I should have you as hardtown because of the differences I've highlighted here (town-shiki centric perspective in Slaughter Hour, more reactive in Trust Fall) or some other thing I should have gleaned, then OK.

I'm a lot more curious to hear about other people's thoughts on why you're town than debate myself about why you're nulltown over hardtown when the answer is "I'm not confident in your range or in reading you at the current time."
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:11 pm

Post by demona »

In post 1067, Faker wrote:I think there's a lot of value in interrogating reads on you regardless of what they are, but you probably already know that and what you do is up to you.
me knowing that there is a lot of value in this is why i would understand that being a frustrating stance for me to take

sorry now i'm just thinking about this and i did not mean to imply that you do or should just yell at people

sigh sorry

Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:12 pm

Post by Faker »

If you're still confused over something I've explained I can go over it, but if the discussion is a sort of "Cross your arms and say you should be a hard townread" I'd rather agree to disagree and let time sort it out.

There's also no need to apologize, I've been pretty vicious before.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:14 pm

Post by Faker »

I'm having fun, I didn't mind the question, and I didn't mind the comment about yelling. I hope you're having fun too.

Return to “Completed Open Games”