Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:16 am

Post by Isis »

I think skitter's game state read is easier to get behind than a classic one because it's not based on x trying to kill y per SE and more about how manipulable the processes generally were.
I'd be really surprised if we get 0-0-3 for sure
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:19 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1209, Faker wrote:I don't see a ton of value in preflipping in general, but especially before swaps this is just an exercise in convolution IMO.
I think giving scum a roadmap of who to swap is a bad idea and so discussion expectations around what happens seems outright counterproductive
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:20 am

Post by Isis »

I am drawing a roadmap for scum to swap demona with coral so I can play with all my favorite players pls
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:22 am

Post by Faker »

Damn OK fuck me & shiki & cat I guess
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:30 am

Post by Faker »

I'm too lazy to study today

where tammatha
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:30 am

Post by Isis »

I like catboi but I feel like catboi doesn't really like me
"Well, I..."
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:31 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1225, Isis wrote:I'd be really surprised if we get 0-0-3 for sure
I'd be somewhat surprised if 2-1-0 tbh
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:32 am

Post by Isis »

demona is really cool I like demona

Pedit: same
"Well, I..."
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:35 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1230, Isis wrote:I like catboi but I feel like catboi doesn't really like me
:< I don't
dis
like you
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:36 am

Post by Isis »

I really enjoy playing scum with you but eurybia's curse was struggle. There's nothing objectively wrong with how you play I just had to like picking up my first indications of a town alignment on your 301st post. That shoe hasn't dropped this game. It seems like half your posts are like, trying to undermine nyao-slot and then not calm him scum after bricking his ability to interact with the game which makes me paranoid of the kind of pinky and brain stuff you'd come up with in scumsman
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:37 am

Post by Isis »

In post 1233, catboi wrote:
In post 1230, Isis wrote:I like catboi but I feel like catboi doesn't really like me
dis
like you
Whoa I'm spot on
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:38 am

Post by Isis »

*call him scum
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:40 am

Post by Isis »

Ugh I kinda feel that feeling we shouldn't state reads before swaps? I guess it's ok to let Tammy post a little but I think she should give us the next phase
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:42 am

Post by Isis »

In post 1235, Isis wrote:
dis
like you
Whoa I'm spot on
more relieving than not I guess
"Well, I..."
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:46 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1238, Isis wrote:
In post 1235, Isis wrote:
dis
like you
Whoa I'm spot on
more relieving than not I guess
I just feel like I don't really know you that well tbh
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:03 am

Post by Faker »

In post 1234, Isis wrote:It seems like half your posts are like, trying to undermine nyao-slot and then not calm him scum
after bricking his ability to interact with the game
First, I don't think I've done this, and with what is on the table I don't think it is fair to attribute this to me. Cat said he was bored of the game earlier. Second, most of my posts about him have come from direct back/forth with other players, eg. All of the last page with skitter was because she directly challenged my view and further interrogated it, not because I chased him down the street to hound him nor because chased skitter down the street to indirectly get to him.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:06 am

Post by Faker »

Do you have a particular post or perspective of mine that gives you pause beyond the above?
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:18 am

Post by Faker »

I also just think it should be obvious that even in a world where I'm scum, that's not what I'm doing. Most of the players here have seen how I pull of things like that, with sections of biting critique, tilt, sharp criticism, or just ignoring the players. I think it's very obvious that I'm not using any of those tactics this game, and I'd instead be relying on a "Kill them with kindness" style approach. Maybe I have another layer where that's meant to be intentionally grating, but again I really think it should be clear I want everyone to play and have fun this game, even if I'm not successful in helping it happen.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:43 am

Post by absinthe »

In post 1226, catboi wrote:
In post 1209, Faker wrote:I don't see a ton of value in preflipping in general, but especially before swaps this is just an exercise in convolution IMO.
I think giving scum a roadmap of who to swap is a bad idea and so discussion expectations around what happens seems outright counterproductive
Agree.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:50 am

Post by absinthe »

In post 1199, Faker wrote:
In post 1195, skitter30 wrote:edit i don't think ffery chooses keep if she's scum with catboi @ prism how do you think that makes sense
I put a ton of pressure to bring her here, and I don't think that progression on her choice makes sense except as reactionary to my prodding.
Eh.

Keep was my first choice since I decided to /in. I thought my reads would be more solid in a Keep that included Tammy and that was my main gripe with your "pressure". The only pressure that matters in mafia is the pressure I put on myself.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:20 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 1114, Faker wrote:
In post 1112, catboi wrote:
In post 1020, Faker wrote:Yeah cat is definitely a player I'd rather have in the Keep, I'm selfish and trust no one but myself to avoid getting snowed by that motherfucker. It's one thing if I'm there in endgame with him but it's another if I exit early and leave him unsupervised.
This is ??? when you've commented on me being reserved and now outright unmotivated, like do you think I expect to snow people playing like this?
Yeah, this is definitely the only way you know how to play as scum for sure.
Being sarcastic about cat powerwolfing in a hypothetical later part of the game is weird, the rest of the same thread also was. It's especially weird when you've been super conscious about giving lots of other slots room to play and keep citing it as a mission statement. It makes it seem like catboi's slot is shiny to you, because of which players are scum or you're focused on winning your minigame because this game's not really about identifying 3 scum for you. It doesn't seem like you're sorting him though.
"Well, I..."
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:33 pm

Post by Faker »

It's literally why cat did in PYP. He did nothing Day 1 then nightkilled me and steamrolled. We are again going back to why I want him in the Keep to begin with.

I don't really want to go much further with this. It's not in bad faith. I made one sarcastic comment to something I thought was a poor and scummy response. If you think I'm trying to shut him out then w/e.

At this risk of again being accused of trying to shut him out, it is both not true that I am not trying to sort him, and there is not much to sort from him right now to begin with which hardcaps the effort. He openly does not have reads and is demotivated. I've explicitly shifted my read from a townlean to a scumlean in reaction to his play the last few days, and made clear how I interpreted and thought of individual posts. It's unlikely that me pushing him harder is going to motivate him in a positive way, and we both are ready for Day 2 at this point. Respectfully, if you think I am not sorting him or trying to, that is on you.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:36 pm

Post by Faker »

Sorry, "Seriously?" in reply to when he first said he had no reads was also a very brutal and demotivating post. I am again unfortunately not perfect.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:38 pm

Post by Tempest »

Sorry guys I put on Tokyo Ghoul earlier while I was wrapping Christmas presents and 17 episodes later I didn't even leave the house to mail my presents :/
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:38 pm

Post by Faker »

Return to “Completed Open Games”