He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:01 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1199, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 1198, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1195, MegAzumarill wrote:If I'm town being eliminated in this context I win since DA is nobled
I don’t like how you’re locking this in though
It’s most likely but I think town you would be paranoid of the edge cases and still hunt.
The only edge case I can think of making sense involves me not being town (that being Me/Herta as the scumteam and PBE as DA) I know this isn't true
And it's not like this statement is super reflective of my play in general, it's justifying the reason I have to give reads since my previous post about how I did actually want to sort was misinterpreted. The fact I shouldn't be sorting was not given by me, but PBE
Why do you say you and Herta can’t be scum, PBE being DA trying to ensure their death overnight and scum in lurkers?

I don’t believe in this world to be clear but I fail to see why town!you doesn’t consider it.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:01 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Can’t be town*
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:25 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 1200, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1199, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 1195, MegAzumarill wrote:If I'm town being eliminated in this context I win since DA is nobled
It’s most likely but I think town you would be paranoid of the edge cases and still hunt.
The only edge case I can think of making sense involves me not being town (that being Me/Herta as the scumteam and PBE as DA) I know this isn't true
And it's not like this statement is super reflective of my play in general, it's justifying the reason I have to give reads since my previous post about how I did actually want to sort was misinterpreted. The fact I shouldn't be sorting was not given by me, but PBE
Why do you say you and Herta can’t be scum, PBE being DA trying to ensure their death overnight and scum in lurkers?

I don’t believe in this world to be clear but I fail to see why town!you doesn’t consider it.
Doesn't PBE always get CCed in that case? Like who's the HN in that scenario?
Imprefection is the spice of life.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:26 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

And don't say N_M because they've made it clear their HN claims are in jest
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:30 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

I guess in that scenario scum are HNing themself and are outside of the DA pool. But that doesn't really make sense with a Toto kill, lowering the DA pool for town without shooting for the dayvig themself.

Sure it's possible
Polar Bear Express
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:34 pm

Post by Polar Bear Express »

In post 1196, MegAzumarill wrote:If I am scum being elimmed I immediately lose since DA is nobled
First one clearly does make sense because that is in the OP. What????

2nd one only puts scum at a great disadvantage but not autolose.

C’mon Mega we know you’re not this terrible at mech. Even I’m better than this at mech and I basically suck at it in general.
Purchase a ticket aboard the Polar Bear Express and see millions of different kinds of polar bears. For example the nancy unicorn polar bears and the noraa ultrafloofy polar bears.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:36 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 1205, Polar Bear Express wrote:
In post 1196, MegAzumarill wrote:If I am scum being elimmed I immediately lose since DA is nobled

C’mon Mega we know you’re not this terrible at mech. Even I’m better than this at mech and I basically suck at it in general.
I'm referring to Math's statements not my own. Why would I say something then immediately say my own words make no sense? Like do you genuinely think I'm actively discrediting myself?

Also what about automatically losing the game is not an autolose. Like.... that's the definition.
Polar Bear Express
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:39 pm

If I’m town in whichever between Mega and Herta who’s not DA, I 100% self vote here and not only that, actively encourage votes on me. Because as town I obviously want autowin. This makes me think we’re likely looking at a DA/mafia scenario as opposed to DA town because the clear townie response is to elim me and nobilize the other.
Purchase a ticket aboard the Polar Bear Express and see millions of different kinds of polar bears. For example the nancy unicorn polar bears and the noraa ultrafloofy polar bears.
Polar Bear Express
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:40 pm

In post 1206, MegAzumarill wrote:

I'm referring to Math's statements not my own. Why would I say something then immediately say my own words make no sense? Like do you genuinely think I'm actively discrediting myself?

Also what about automatically losing the game is not an autolose. Like.... that's the definition.
Oh sorry then. I’m really out of it. What exactly is your stance then?
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:41 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 1208, Polar Bear Express wrote:
In post 1206, MegAzumarill wrote:

Oh sorry then. I’m really out of it. What exactly is your stance then?
On what exactly?
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:43 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

My stance is the best course of action today is to elim me and noble herta, speaking of

HEAL: Herta

I'm fairly sure I should've been doing this already/ was intending to but I'm not according to last VC
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:44 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 1207, Polar Bear Express wrote:
If I’m town in whichever between Mega and Herta who’s not DA, I 100% self vote here and not only that, actively encourage votes on me. Because as town I obviously want autowin. This makes me think we’re likely looking at a DA/mafia scenario as opposed to DA town because the clear townie response is to elim me and nobilize the other.
In post 1084, MegAzumarill wrote:Also I will give fair warning I will selfhammer if it would leave Herta as noble. I will not self vote without hammer given that scum could change plurality to another player and win. (Especially since my vote is the only one that would be counted for herta)

Should be a given but wanted to mention
Polar Bear Express
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:49 pm

I think Herta is very likely DA here. I’m trying to decide if Mega’s town or mafia but we probably need to lim her just in case regardless.

Herta’s response is not townie, so if he’s not DA, he’s very likely mafia but I also think he’s trying to look like mafia, which means that gth he’s most likely DA.

If there were any other likely DA candidates left, I’d lean to thinking Herta’s just scum but because it really isn’t, I think he’s most likely DA here. He’s trying way too hard to not sound like DA here.

I would still like to solve Mega before I vote, eventhough I think she needs to be limmed just in case but rn leaning to nobilize obv DA Herta and lim Mega.

I don’t see how Herta isn’t DA after that last post.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:50 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1212, Polar Bear Express wrote:I think Herta is very likely DA here. I’m trying to decide if Mega’s town or mafia but we probably need to lim her just in case regardless.

Herta’s response is not townie, so if he’s not DA, he’s very likely mafia but I also think he’s trying to look like mafia, which means that gth he’s most likely DA.

If there were any other likely DA candidates left, I’d lean to thinking Herta’s just scum but because it really isn’t, I think he’s most likely DA here. He’s trying way too hard to not sound like DA here.

I would still like to solve Mega before I vote, eventhough I think she needs to be limmed just in case but rn leaning to nobilize obv DA Herta and lim Mega.

See I think Herta is trying so hard to seem like DA because Herta is mafia.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Polar Bear Express
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:53 pm

In post 1210, MegAzumarill wrote:My stance is the best course of action today is to elim me and noble herta, speaking of

HEAL: Herta

I'm fairly sure I should've been doing this already/ was intending to but I'm not according to last VC
Yeah I don’t think my heal is moving. but still would like your reads before I vote but yeah I think that’s the right course of action.
Polar Bear Express
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:57 pm

In post 1213, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1212, Polar Bear Express wrote:I think Herta is very likely DA here. I’m trying to decide if Mega’s town or mafia but we probably need to lim her just in case regardless.

I just don’t think Mega sounds like DA to me but I’ll wait. Herta’s not town is my most salient take away. So my problem with your reasons is what necessarily makes Mega DA?

Why can’t Herta be DA?
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:58 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 1082, MegAzumarill wrote:Alright so I've caught up

Initial thoughts are that it feels like PBE/ Eirolox contains 1 scum, and the rest contains the other. The slot's have some good, some bad moments but mostly feel somewhat evasive and defensive at points (day 3). I also think considering a PBE HN, the NK tonight makes little sense.

Some of the interactions between the two feel natural which of course "can" be faked but feels unlikely. So probably only one of the two.

Tapioca/Mathblade feels like they could be the partner, but I feel like math/PBE handle this phase differently than they have as a scumteam with 4 votes. Considering they could have ended the day already provided the votes on me AND they would be reading me as DA if they were scum] (because they are pushing the opposite) this combination feels impossible as those would be incompatible.

Other options for the partner include

Not_Mafia - Token here for difficulty reading yada yada and so on. My default choice when I can't find a partner that'd make sense if they are in the game. Unlikely with Eira compared to PBE, due to HN thing, PBE maybe but this feels more town N_M than scum N_M for all that feels are worth.

I believe Enchant is town, in my experience with him he is more reserved in his scum game and this doesn't feel or look like it.

Scum almost certainly will push on the same side of me/Herta as DA today (whichever they think isn't the DA, they do the opposite. If they think DA isn't being nobled they mmay split, so depends I suppose on how close it ends up being.)

This derives my following solves (in order of probability) of
(PBE, N_M) (Mathblade, Eira) (PBE, Eira)

Eira is a bit townier than PBE in my eyes because of a particular post about my slot/ PBE that while false was fairly in line with my thinking reading through about how it was strange.

In either case Herta is DA. I could case reasons why but I don't really wanna so I'm not gonna unless push comes to shove.
Mostly still sticking by this currently
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:00 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1215, Polar Bear Express wrote:
In post 1213, MathBlade wrote:

I just don’t think Mega sounds like DA to me but I’ll wait. Herta’s not town is my most salient take away. So my problem with your reasons is what necessarily makes Mega DA?

Why can’t Herta be DA?
It’s too neat. If Herta is scum their only option is to sound like the DA. If they sound town or scum then we noble DA!Meg. So Herta has to sound like the DA or lose.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Polar Bear Express
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:00 pm

I don’t understand Math why your take is that Herta’s trying to sound like DA because he’s mafia as opposed to DA trying to look like mafia?

Also why is Mega DA?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:10 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1218, Polar Bear Express wrote:I don’t understand Math why your take is that Herta’s trying to sound like DA because he’s mafia as opposed to DA trying to look like mafia?

Also why is Mega DA?
Imagine Herta is mafia for a minute. In that world, Herta likely knows that Meg is the DA. Herta can’t openly argue that Meg isn’t the DA so he/they(I am unsure of your pronouns sorry) has to argue that maybe it’s elsewhere but really they’re the better DA candidate. If we noble Meg, Herta’s team loses. So Herta has no choice but to look more of a DA than the actual DA of Meg.

Meg is DA by gut and PoE.

I just think that Herta is too blatantly DA to be the DA. It reeks of desperation when the actual DA wins either way.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:12 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Actual DA wins either way of Meg’s alignment*
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Polar Bear Express
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:55 pm

While Mega obviously has to be DA if Herta isn’t, why is she DA by gut? If it weren’t for PoE what else points to her being DA?

Also, who’s Herta’s buddy here?

Yeah I agree Herta sounds desperate but Mega actually doesn’t, so there’s two sides to this equation, which obviously is why is Mega DA?

I’m going to ISO both of their heals yesterday. Junko waffled a lot on healing your slot, so why did she do that if DA?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:59 pm

Post by MathBlade »

You can ISO me for details as I have a headache but it’s more lots of little things that ping me. It’s more a collection of little pings not a case itself.

The DA itself doesn’t have the same desperation except to not be nobled. Herta is putting a lot of reads for someone who doesn’t care.

As for who is Herta’s buddy I have no idea. I honestly have a headache and haven’t done anything vote related here because it’s a 50/50. If there is a tomorrow then I will focus on it. As I said too much setup spec is white noise.

The amount of people on the Herta wagon is sus.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Polar Bear Express
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:18 pm

In post 1222, MathBlade wrote:You can ISO me for details as I have a headache but it’s more lots of little things that ping me. It’s more a collection of little pings not a case itself.

The DA itself doesn’t have the same desperation except to not be nobled. Herta is putting a lot of reads for someone who doesn’t care.

As for who is Herta’s buddy I have no idea. I honestly have a headache and haven’t done anything vote related here because it’s a 50/50. If there is a tomorrow then I will focus on it. As I said too much setup spec is white noise.

The amount of people on the Herta wagon is sus.
I’m sorry you have a headache but I need a lot more than this to convince me. And of course DA is going to be desperate here, both scum and DA stand to autolose here. Only town wouldn’t be desperate because wrong decision is bad but not necessarily autolose for town.
Also, how can the wagon be suss? If Herta’s mafia here than only one heal can be suss.

I wouldn’t say the amount of people on Herta is necessarily suss but perhaps a sign that I’m actually right because if Herta’s mafia and Mega DA, then most of his wagon is town. And no the setup spec in THIS particular case is absolutely NOT “white noise”.

and considering town can autowin today based on the decision, I don’t understand how you can even say that?

~N
Polar Bear Express
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Polar Bear Express
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:23 pm

So Mega put in even more reads, so what’s your point? DA’s objecive is to endgame but as long as they can acheive that, it doesn’t necessarily follow that putting in reads makes someone not DA. And what happened to you being fine with sheeping me? I thought your prior stance is we shouldn’t overthink it?

Return to “Completed Open Games”