catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:08 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1368, Faker wrote:1258 is very specific to a behavior and is not at all a read of me, and you were very explicit about not having any reads you felt strongly about.
I mean, whatever, I meant for it to look that way
1359 also isn't really true. It's about who town has to pick between. skitter is probably more afraid of my scumplay than any other player at the table. I'm not good at reading her and have got it reversed basically every time.
I don't follow. Skitter had explicitly stated a scumread on me at multiple points in the previous phase. I'm speaking from the perspective of knowing I am town (obviously).

skitter swapping to keep as scum with absinthe is borderline nonsensical in my eyes unless you think they did it hoping people level themselves, but it'd be probably outright -EV in both instances. skitter being scum with coral also feels fairly unlikely. She's not averse to extended theater with teammates but typically she'd need rapport with the teammate and the way the back and forth with coral went didn't feel s/s
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:09 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1363, Chara wrote:i was really hoping for this outcome because i think if Isis and i are both town we can find each other, even if demona if scum is being exceedingly town to me and Isis both. unfortunately the game has in a way just started.
This doesnf make sense to me
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:10 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1368, Faker wrote:It's about who town has to pick between. skitter is probably more afraid of my scumplay than any other player at the table. I'm not good at reading her and have got it reversed basically every time.
You and catboi are tied
Which is why i'm not thrilled to be here
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:11 am

Post by Chara »

not a lot of what i say tends to make sense to you, skitter.
what doesn't make sense about it?
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:12 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1363, Chara wrote:i think she's been playing defensively since we started. it'd be the easiest win in a minigame for her to miselim me, though i do think her desire to go where i go is also a genuine "i want to play with Chara" feeling and not a ploy, just one that happens to also work out with her goals.

i was really hoping for this outcome because i think if Isis and i
are
both town we can find each other, even if demona if scum is being exceedingly town to me and Isis both. unfortunately the game has in a way just started.

i got sidetracked but my main reasoning is this is an ideal situation for scum Isis. i started considering it seriously in , it feels like she's been playing to me to make me easier to handle. (and that Coral read is very... i don't know, obvious?)
when i said i didn't want to be in a minigame with her and i just hoped she was town, she brought up the time i was rightly suspicious of her as scum. a way to make me more confident i can read her.

i haven't reread with this in mind re: the timing of demona's locking in Wall.
"defensive" wouldn't really be a word that comes to mind to describe Isis's play although I see your point about 236 I guess, will review it at some point. Had lingering suspicion of Isis for gut reasons but with the clarity of distributions things are coming into focus more so not as sure.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:13 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1371, Faker wrote:
In post 1369, catboi wrote:30 posts into coral's ISO and I'm not really seeing anything town
I don't disagree but how literal is this?
what
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:14 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1362, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1360, demona wrote:
In post 1358, skitter30 wrote:I think voting for isis is a loss there for town
so you think i am mafia…?
Sorry i got the minigames confused, nm
But i think chara is scum there
i'm confused about this whole post, how does voting for Isis being a loss for town make demona mafia? the wall wincon is voting scum, if voting is a loss that means she's town to skitter, not that demona is scum.
what do you mean by getting the minigames confused?
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:14 am

Post by Faker »

In post 1375, catboi wrote:I don't follow. Skitter had explicitly stated a scumread on me at multiple points in the previous phase. I'm speaking from the perspective of knowing I am town (obviously).

skitter swapping to keep as scum with absinthe is borderline nonsensical in my eyes unless you think they did it hoping people level themselves, but it'd be probably outright -EV in both instances. skitter being scum with coral also feels fairly unlikely. She's not averse to extended theater with teammates but typically she'd need rapport with the teammate and the way the back and forth with coral went didn't feel s/s
So step one of this setup as scum is that in the Keep, scum has to be voted as town. This means they have to convince at a player they are town, and do so before another player finds the other town player as town. I hope this helps!
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:15 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1379, catboi wrote:"defensive" wouldn't really be a word that comes to mind to describe Isis's play although I see your point about 236 I guess, will review it at some point. Had lingering suspicion of Isis for gut reasons but with the clarity of distributions things are coming into focus more so not as sure.
i'm using defensive to mean cautious, not to mean defending herself. like setting up defenses around oneself, not showing weak points or taking risks.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:16 am

Post by catboi »

I think absinthe's whole spiel about being okay with going to the keep and being able to control her own destiny there was very town and strongly favor her being town over coral
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:16 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1377, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1368, Faker wrote:It's about who town has to pick between. skitter is probably more afraid of my scumplay than any other player at the table. I'm not good at reading her and have got it reversed basically every time.
You and catboi are tied
how about the third option?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:17 am

Post by catboi »

In post 603, Coral wrote:
In post 595, catboi wrote:
In post 591, Coral wrote:I like absinthe in Keep with catboi and Faker.
Why is that, exactly?
I like Faker's plan for it, mostly. I'm currently leaning towards feeling trusting of Faker (rookie mistake), and at the same time not feeling town on absinthe. So that + Faker wanting to pair up + absinthe feeling a little resistant towards accepting that arrangement = me wanting to voice support of it.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:17 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1382, Faker wrote:
In post 1375, catboi wrote:I don't follow. Skitter had explicitly stated a scumread on me at multiple points in the previous phase. I'm speaking from the perspective of knowing I am town (obviously).

So step one of this setup as scum is that in the Keep, scum has to be voted as town. This means they have to convince at a player they are town, and do so before another player finds the other town player as town. I hope this helps!
who's town with you here
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:19 am

Post by Faker »

In post 1384, catboi wrote:I think absinthe's whole spiel about being okay with going to the keep and being able to control her own destiny there was very town and strongly favor her being town over coral
Strongly disagree. I don't think it made sense to go to the Keep with me under those circumstances, and she hit the wrong notes with me literally from start to finish yesterday.

Start was very awkward/wonky and she went full deer in the headlights when I got started. She similarly got caught off when the switchup to the narrative you're describing had essentially no effect.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:21 am

Post by Faker »

In post 1387, catboi wrote:
In post 1382, Faker wrote:

who's town with you here
You know I don't have an answer to this. It doesn't change the fact that I think your reasoning here is bad and willfully blind to how the setup works, and the fact that scum do not get their dream matchups in most scenarios.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:21 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1378, Chara wrote:not a lot of what i say tends to make sense to you, skitter.
I don't get why you're excited to go to keep with scum isis
Show
Hiatus once more.

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:21 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1389, Faker wrote:You know I don't have an answer to this.
LMAO
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:23 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1381, Chara wrote:
In post 1362, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1360, demona wrote:
In post 1358, skitter30 wrote:I think voting for isis is a loss there for town
so you think i am mafia…?
Sorry i got the minigames confused, nm
But i think chara is scum there
i'm confused about this whole post, how does voting for Isis being a loss for town make demona mafia? the wall wincon is voting scum, if voting is a loss that means she's town to skitter, not that demona is scum.
what do you mean by getting the minigames confused?
For a second i thought that if you vote isis
A second scum can hammer
(I also somehow forgot demona was there)

Yes i know that doesnt make sense
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:23 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1385, Chara wrote:
In post 1377, skitter30 wrote:
You and catboi are tied
how about the third option?
?
Show
Hiatus once more.

Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:23 am

Post by Faker »

In post 1391, catboi wrote:
In post 1389, Faker wrote:You know I don't have an answer to this.
LMAO
ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:24 am

Post by Faker »

skitter I'm going to assume 1392 isn't a slip but if it is I'm going to clown you all of the postgame
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:25 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1388, Faker wrote:
In post 1384, catboi wrote:I think absinthe's whole spiel about being okay with going to the keep and being able to control her own destiny there was very town and strongly favor her being town over coral
Strongly disagree. I don't think it made sense to go to the Keep with me under those circumstances, and she hit the wrong notes with me literally from start to finish yesterday.

Start was very awkward/wonky and she went full deer in the headlights when I got started. She similarly got caught off when the switchup to the narrative you're describing had essentially no effect.
So Coral is town, then?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:26 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1395, Faker wrote:skitter I'm going to assume 1392 isn't a slip but if it is I'm going to clown you all of the postgame
Sounds good
Show
Hiatus once more.

Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:26 am

Post by Faker »

Probably by default, yes.

If you're asking me if I have a read on Coral as an individual, not really. Tonally there are things I would consider town but I think she's well in range.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:29 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1390, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1378, Chara wrote:not a lot of what i say tends to make sense to you, skitter.
I don't get why you're excited to go to keep with scum isis
you mean Wall, i assume.

because i thought she was scum before, and i thought the best chance of me confirming that is having demona here with us, and scum didn't end up messing with the configuration with swaps. so i get to try and do the thing i've been hoping to do all game, which is win a minigame under my own power.
and in the scenario where we're both wrong on demona i believe we can figure it out, so to me it's a win/win. i don't think that's where we are though.

Return to “Completed Open Games”