Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:56 am

Post by Coral »

Okay, here it was. Nothing too groundbreaking honestly, I just had a bunch of read thoughts that I had previously been keeping to myself:

So... I strongly scumread Chara. I haven't wanted to reveal this at all because part of what tipped me towards the read was feeling like Chara was trying consistently to pocket people, and I wanted it to think that it had succeeded with me (and possibly tempt the scumteam to then swap me into Wall for demona, so they can IC demona, hoping I vote Isis).

Maybe a bit silly and self-centered, but I felt it fairly strongly, and it seemed like a reasonable idea. Locking in Gate with Isis and Chara seemed like it would go poorly to me, since if I was right I probably end up staying there with a cleared Isis, and I'm not at all confident I win that. My Chara read also then becomes pretty useless. demona had already locked in Wall, so the next best option seemed to me to go to Gate and encourage Isis and Chara to go Wall.

At the time that I came upon this idea, I also scumread skitter and absinthe. I'm a bit less sure on both of those reads now, though. I have gradually scumread catboi more (which seems like a common opinion), and while I still think skitter is more likely scum than Tempest, I'm hesitant to make that call (and might not need to, so I don't plan to think about it too deeply yet).

I do tentatively think Faker is town at this time, and probably would hope that whoever is town of catboi and absinthe will vote there. I lean town on Isis, partly due to the strength of my Chara scumread and believing that they're unlikely to be scum together.

demona, honestly, I've just been hoping gets IC'd. I do lean town but I'm not as confident in it as I'd like to be. I did really like demona's suggestion at the end of day to break up where the final two were going, and I think it is fairly likely that scum would not have wanted that. I don't think it's that scummy for Chara to have locked in Wall in response, though, since I imagine it would have done so as town, too.

Tempest I thought felt off in her early posts, same as several others, but she's gotten better. Part of me does worry that this may mean the early post tone is less of a consistent character trait, and could be indicative of scum struggling to find their footing and their voice. There's several worlds where I won't actually have to sort here, so I'm not focusing on it too much yet.

Also, now that it's night and I'm actually thinking through the possible swaps and how scum might choose to approach them, I'm realizing it's a pretty low chance that they do swap demona over and IC. Revealing one of the swaps as town right away gives away some information to town about the configuration of scum. So maybe my dream plan (side note: I thought it was pretty funny that Isis mentioned thr exact same hopeful plan near the end of the day) was never going to happen.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:56 am

Post by Faker »

At some point regardless of alignment he's going to switch tact and I'd really like that moment to happen sooner rather than later.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:56 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1422, Coral wrote:Hi everyone. I had a bunch of thoughts written out that I'm not sure if they're useful to post at this point. With the swap I'm at like 90% thinking it's absinthe/catboi/Chara :)
what's your confidence raiting on absinthe?
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:57 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1417, Faker wrote:If you see your arguments getting logically deconstructed but don't think that's persuasion, that's on you bud.

I also don't really have to when I have a vote. As town you're not going to throw 3 hours into daystart, you're going to wait.
I mean, yes you're failing to convince me you're town. The approach seems ore designed to beat me down/discredit me. None of what you're saying really makes me think you're town. I'm not voting right away, I want people to check in first, but I am likely to vote soon.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:58 am

Post by Coral »

I was working a bit under the assumption that scum were 1-1-1 due to the general contentness of everyone. But with absinthe being scum and part of the swap, that locks in either it being 0-1-2, or skitter being scum. My gut reaction is to flip our game first, and that means that whoever is town in skitter/catboi should just vote Faker.

Am I getting anything wrong there?
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:59 am

Post by Coral »

In post 1427, Chara wrote:
In post 1422, Coral wrote:Hi everyone. I had a bunch of thoughts written out that I'm not sure if they're useful to post at this point. With the swap I'm at like 90% thinking it's absinthe/catboi/Chara :)
Prior to the swap, like 60% maybe? In a vacuum I thought she was scummy but I thought we were at 1-1-1 and I was starting to suspect catboi more.

Now, 100%, obviously :P
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:00 am

Post by Faker »

I prefer to be the voter, especially with what I've seen on the table.

Let me be clear: I will get you if you are scum, and I will make sure you lose the game as a bonus.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:00 am

Post by Coral »

In post 1429, Coral wrote:I was working a bit under the assumption that scum were 1-1-1 due to the general contentness of everyone. But with absinthe being scum and part of the swap, that locks in either it being 0-1-2, or skitter being scum. My gut reaction is to flip our game first, and that means that whoever is town in skitter/catboi should just vote Faker.

Am I getting anything wrong there?
Oh. Yes I am. This is assuming that Faker isn't scum LMAO
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:01 am

Post by Coral »

Sorry I literally just woke up :oops:
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:01 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1425, Coral wrote:Chara was trying consistently to pocket people
cite me some examples?

I think arguing people have been pockety is a difficultaccusation to prove because there are lots of behaviors in a typical game that can be made to feel that way, although it's not impossible to show.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:01 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1431, Faker wrote:I prefer to be the voter, especially with what I've seen on the table.

Let me be clear: I will get you if you are scum, and I will make sure you lose the game as a bonus.
I have 0 intimidation level from this
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:02 am

Post by Faker »

I think you're trying to mimic the read in Undertale 1, and I will
break you
gently guide you into the softness of night if so.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:02 am

Post by Coral »

I can case Chara in a bit, sure
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:02 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1425, Coral wrote:So... I strongly scumread Chara. I haven't wanted to reveal this at all because part of what tipped me towards the read was feeling like Chara was trying consistently to pocket people, and I wanted it to think that it had succeeded with me (and possibly tempt the scumteam to then swap me into Wall for demona, so they can IC demona, hoping I vote Isis).
who do you feel i was trying to pocket, and where was i trying to pocket you this game?

and can you point to where you were trying to make me think i'd pocketed you? i don't think we interacted much past that one conversation i remember regarding Isis.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:03 am

Post by Faker »

I didn't see as much of the pocketing, at least not in the vein I expected from seeing Chara-scum. My only issue was a one-off post.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:03 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1436, Faker wrote:I think you're trying to mimic the read in Undertale 1, and I will
break you
gently guide you into the softness of night if so.
what is my angle supposed to be here as scum??
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:03 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1430, Coral wrote:
In post 1427, Chara wrote:
Prior to the swap, like 60% maybe? In a vacuum I thought she was scummy but I thought we were at 1-1-1 and I was starting to suspect catboi more.

Now, 100%, obviously :P
hahaha, admittedly that was a bit of a joke question to see if you'd say anything besides 100%.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:04 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1399, Chara wrote:
In post 1390, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1378, Chara wrote:not a lot of what i say tends to make sense to you, skitter.
what doesn't make sense about it?
I don't get why you're excited to go to keep with scum isis
you mean Wall, i assume.

because i thought she was scum before, and i thought the best chance of me confirming that is having demona here with us, and scum didn't end up messing with the configuration with swaps. so i get to try and do the thing i've been hoping to do all game, which is win a minigame under my own power.
and in the scenario where we're both wrong on demona i believe we can figure it out, so to me it's a win/win. i don't think that's where we are though.
Yes i did
Ok fair enuf, thanks
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:04 am

Post by Faker »

I'm not bothering with this unless Tempest wants to make you the voter.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:05 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1403, Faker wrote:...Do you mind walking me through why I'm in the Keep as scum, along with why I swap out someone that I am 100% sure I can snow in absinthe?
Fwiw i can see scum-you doung this
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:08 am

Post by Coral »

In post 1438, Chara wrote:and can you point to where you were trying to make me think i'd pocketed you? i don't think we interacted much past that one conversation i remember regarding Isis.
It was more that I was trying not to break that impression by stating a scumread. I'm also fairly bad at faking that sort of thing as town, for some reason, so I mostly just tried to avoid the topic.

The only real active choices I made were
1) not being clear about my read
2) not continuing to pressure the point in

Speaking of, was the game-related reason your scumread there?
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:14 am

Post by Faker »

I don't think cat's explanation that I'd prefer you to absinthe here makes a ton of sense. Tempest scumread you and I can manipulate her into leaning into it from Keep. I've had my fun with you in Melancholia, while ffery hasn't gotten to face me yet. The only points for it are "+challenge" and "Supreme confidence that I'll win anyway", but I'm on record in another game as Keep being explicitly to my strengths as town and my favored game. I started out angling elsewhere then
went out of my way
to go to Keep anyway precisely because I love how the game is styled.

I'm curious as to what you think about the recent back/forth. I also think Tempest should weigh in.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:15 am

Post by Coral »

I read (and it gradually turned to skimming) the posts since daystart before I got too antsy and started posting, and they really only make me more confident in the solve. I think it's still worth considering other possibilities, but it's hard for me to see at this point.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:15 am

Post by Chara »

it was the scumread idea and believing we could read each other well, i think i was being coy about the read too and hoping it'd look like my preference was largely personal + thinking i could read Isis.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:17 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1445, Coral wrote:
In post 1438, Chara wrote:and can you point to where you were trying to make me think i'd pocketed you? i don't think we interacted much past that one conversation i remember regarding Isis.
It was more that I was trying not to break that impression by stating a scumread. I'm also fairly bad at faking that sort of thing as town, for some reason, so I mostly just tried to avoid the topic.

The only real active choices I made were
1) not being clear about my read
2) not continuing to pressure the point in

Speaking of, was the game-related reason your scumread there?
my question also meant to include what behavior from me you were interpreting as pocketing? i just find it hard to believe you thought i would think i'd pocketed you somehow.

Return to “Completed Open Games”