Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:19 am

Post by Faker »

I have more than doubled the next highest poster so okay, hard commit, no more from me until the evening, I will RESIST
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:19 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1546, Faker wrote:I expected you to make more of an attempt to make things "fit" rather than immediately just give a correct, owning it answer.
who is this responding to?
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:23 am

Post by Isis »

Ok I have finally read up!
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:24 am

Post by Chara »

hello caught up Isis! if you're town i'm very sorry, i think demona is town and i do not think you are.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:28 am

Post by Chara »

i'd vote skitter in the Keep, i'm not sure about the Gate right now. leaning Coral town but i don't know why scum absinthe does any of what happened last night.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:40 am

Post by Isis »

I liked Coral's overnight post. I think absinthe should be the elimination.
My minigame is still most likely scum!Chara when laid out flat but demona taking victory laps and not sorting is leaning me back. I've seen demona stop doing things when ahead as scum, I guess I've paid less attention to whether that's happened as town. I'd like it better if my demona townread was a cord of two or three strands instead of just being "demona's own arc putting self into a minigame" though I still view that as a strong strand.
Chara what kind of imminence do you have on voting me? In one breath you say you want finding demonascum together to be a real possibility but in another you keep speaking with enough finality that that wouldn't really be possible, not because I'm literally hammered but because town!you couldn't be keeping your mind all that open with a tinkaton hammer on your shoulder.
Pedit: ok yeah more finality, just discussing the next minigames instead of most of my ketchup Do you view our minigame as over? It feels like the nudge of difference between demona having a very good protown arc and being informed
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:49 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1481, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1478, Faker wrote:I also think skitter agrees she should not be the voter so YEET
I mean so long as:
1. You two are v confident you can get it right
2. Otherwise you'lll vote me
In post 1490, skitter30 wrote:Basically i think we're most likelu to get keep right, if, in this order:
1. Catboi/prism sort each other out
2. They vote me
3. I have to vote
Perspective-wise this makes no sense? One of us has to be scum from your POV, by necessity us "sorting each other out" would require one of us correctly identifying you as town.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:53 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1503, Coral wrote:My only current thought on solve order is being tempted to want to do the Gate first. We lose fewer town voices due to Tempest staying, and at this current time I think my voice will mostly be used to run around in circles chanting about how scum are Chara/catboi and why. Which I don't really need to be here for, you all can just promise to periodically pretend that I've entered the thread and said something to that effect.

That could obviously change, I might change my mind at some point on who I think is scum and actually be doing a useful amount of active sorting. But it's where I imagine this heading based on current trajectory.

The other benefit is that it confirms one of the swappers as scum. While it doesn't solve the Keep immediately, I think it is useful information for helping to support a solve there, and to give people a narrower field of possibilities for what the scumteam was trying to accomplish with the swap. Leaning heavily myself towards it being a S/T swap due to a 0-1-2, obviously.
lol yes don't try to make a case or anything, heaven forbid you have to cite sources
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:55 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2, Ydrasse wrote:At the Keep, Nutcracker Soldiers must vote on one player. If that player is a Nutcracker Soldier, the Nutcracker Soldiers win; otherwise, the Minions of Summer win.
Isnt keep just one townie has to vote on the other town?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:56 am

Post by Faker »

Sorry Chara I just have to say I'm stupid and couldn't read, for some reason I started off interpreting things correctly but when I was looking at 943 I got it swapped and thought you had started the day saying Isis's angle was a pocket, that is obviously not true.
In post 1363, Chara wrote:i think she's been playing defensively since we started. it'd be the easiest win in a minigame for her to miselim me, though i do think her desire to go where i go is also a genuine "i want to play with Chara" feeling and not a ploy, just one that happens to also work out with her goals.

i was really hoping for this outcome because i think if Isis and i
are
both town we can find each other, even if demona if scum is being exceedingly town to me and Isis both. unfortunately the game has in a way just started.

i got sidetracked but my main reasoning is this is an ideal situation for scum Isis. i started considering it seriously in , it feels like she's been playing to me to make me easier to handle. (and that Coral read is very... i don't know, obvious?)
when i said i didn't want to be in a minigame with her and i just hoped she was town, she brought up the time i was rightly suspicious of her as scum. a way to make me more confident i can read her.

i haven't reread with this in mind re: the timing of demona's locking in Wall.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:01 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1514, absinthe wrote:Does Tempest not leave after the Gate is solved? That's a huge improvement over the original setup.

I was hilariously wrong about Coral yesterday. And I don't plan to vote anytime soon.

Faker -- I believe you know in your bones that me getting and keeping a townread on you is not a slam dunk

catboi -- you wouldn't move me out of the keep two games straight would you?

skitter -- I'm trying to decide which makes more sense. That you were moved out of the Gate because of your alignment or because of your reads.
structurally this post kind of sets me on edge. not doing anything with it just making the observation.

That question in and of itself seems kind of silly? Like, yeah, I'd double down if I think I could get away with it/it was the best move. I have no fucking clue what I'm doing here if I'm scum and chose to remove the person most likely to vote for me to leave myself with two of the people
least
likely to vote for me, as well as one who I'd be most concerned with outshining me. That just seems to be terrible play on its face, which shouldn't be hard from your pov.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:03 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1558, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2, Ydrasse wrote:At the Keep, Nutcracker Soldiers must vote on one player. If that player is a Nutcracker Soldier, the Nutcracker Soldiers win; otherwise, the Minions of Summer win.
Isnt keep just one townie has to vote on the other town?
Yes, correct, which is why I don't really get the statements about us having to 'sort each other out' correctly like we could both theoretically be town, from your perspective one of us is scum and so in basically all worlds you want the townie between us to recognize you as town.
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it she idk

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:07 am

Post by demona »

In post 1555, Isis wrote:I liked Coral's overnight post. I think absinthe should be the elimination.
My minigame is still most likely scum!Chara when laid out flat but demona taking victory laps and not sorting is leaning me back. I've seen demona stop doing things when ahead as scum, I guess I've paid less attention to whether that's happened as town. I'd like it better if my demona townread was a cord of two or three strands instead of just being "demona's own arc putting self into a minigame" though I still view that as a strong strand.
Chara what kind of imminence do you have on voting me? In one breath you say you want finding demonascum together to be a real possibility but in another you keep speaking with enough finality that that wouldn't really be possible, not because I'm literally hammered but because town!you couldn't be keeping your mind all that open with a tinkaton hammer on your shoulder.
Pedit: ok yeah more finality, just discussing the next minigames instead of most of my ketchup Do you view our minigame as over? It feels like the nudge of difference between demona having a very good protown arc and being informed
eh maybe this is fair to me

but also would rather play isis votes chara or chara votes isis and everyone solves as if demona confirmed

will do the magnifying glass thing at some point probably

but i don’t really see how what i am doing is ‘taking victory laps’ in anyway

so probably only partially fair

i don’t really know what i am saying here i guess
his unkindness may defeat my life but never taint my love

even shadows must be true to their shade
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:08 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1524, Coral wrote:Like, look at the timestamps around that. Posts are flying through faster than anyone could respond to everything. What makes him pick that post out to respond to, just to say nearly nothing?
because the specific adjective being attributed to Isis's play did not match my own perception of her - she seemed overall to be the
opposite
of defensive, did not seem to feel threatened by statements others were making or care about optics at all
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:09 am

Post by skitter30 »

Right >.>
Ok yeah then i want one of u two to vote me

I
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:10 am

Post by Coral »

In post 1557, catboi wrote:lol yes don't try to make a case or anything, heaven forbid you have to cite sources
I'm obviously going to make a case, what's the point of this? I meant that after I do, the case will have been made, and my townflip is probably not
that
much less of support for the case than me continuing to post about it. At least compared to other minigames flipping, where we lose 2 town voices, who may also be more undecided.

I'd still rather be alive than dead, but my point is that the loss of me is probably not such a big hit to town win%, and the loss of the towns in the other minigames are almost certainly greater.
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it she idk

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:11 am

Post by demona »

maybe run at me if you’re town and you’re really worried about me do the thing until you’re not worried anymore instead of waiting for me to do the thing if the issue you’re having is mainly that i am not currently doing the thing

pedit: continuation of last post
his unkindness may defeat my life but never taint my love

even shadows must be true to their shade
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:13 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1542, Faker wrote:I already said I'm not voting until at least Day 5 and have repeatedly said Tempest should choose. It's a figure of speech.
from an outside perspective tempest shouldn't be choosing who votes anyway, she should be choosing who
gets voted
as it's higher value for her to correctly identify a town in the keep
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:14 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1564, skitter30 wrote:Right >.>
Ok yeah then i want one of u two to vote me

I
can you...explain what you were thinking there and why that is not a perspective slip?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:14 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1565, Coral wrote:
In post 1557, catboi wrote:lol yes don't try to make a case or anything, heaven forbid you have to cite sources
I'm obviously going to make a case, what's the point of this? I meant that after I do, the case will have been made, and my townflip is probably not
that
much less of support for the case than me continuing to post about it. At least compared to other minigames flipping, where we lose 2 town voices, who may also be more undecided.

I'd still rather be alive than dead, but my point is that the loss of me is probably not such a big hit to town win%, and the loss of the towns in the other minigames are almost certainly greater.
post seemed to imply you weren't going to, but okay then
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:15 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1545, Coral wrote: is less affecting to me because I think he probably wouldn't go that route today if he didn't believe that he did correctly plant the seeds for it. He just didn't plant them very well, but I don't really think he would try to bluff a progression that he knew he didn't have, especially against you. I understand the issues you have with it, though.

A note also that if he does end up voting early, it would likely be to try to end the game early and take down the voices of skitter and Faker with him. I don't think it's necessary to quickhammer yourself in that event, skitter. He would only do that with the goal of getting two town who are good at solving out of the game, and there's no rush, since we can simply move forward with that game effectively prefilled.
lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:19 am

Post by absinthe »

In post 1560, catboi wrote:
In post 1514, absinthe wrote:Does Tempest not leave after the Gate is solved? That's a huge improvement over the original setup.

I was hilariously wrong about Coral yesterday. And I don't plan to vote anytime soon.

Faker -- I believe you know in your bones that me getting and keeping a townread on you is not a slam dunk

catboi -- you wouldn't move me out of the keep two games straight would you?

skitter -- I'm trying to decide which makes more sense. That you were moved out of the Gate because of your alignment or because of your reads.
structurally this post kind of sets me on edge. not doing anything with it just making the observation.

That question in and of itself seems kind of silly? Like, yeah, I'd double down if I think I could get away with it/it was the best move. I have no fucking clue what I'm doing here if I'm scum and chose to remove the person most likely to vote for me to leave myself with two of the people
least
likely to vote for me, as well as one who I'd be most concerned with outshining me. That just seems to be terrible play on its face, which shouldn't be hard from your pov.
Scum-you moving me out of the keep doesn't make sense unless you weren't as sure I'd vote you as you've indicated. Scum-Faker moving me out of the keep after so much effort to get me into the keep doesn't make sense, period but would be hilarious if true. Scum-skitter would probably like to not go up against Tammy in the Gate. Maybe she sees the keep as an easier win given how minigames shaped up.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:24 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1571, absinthe wrote:Scum-you moving me out of the keep doesn't make sense unless you weren't as sure I'd vote you as you've indicated. Scum-Faker moving me out of the keep after so much effort to get me into the keep doesn't make sense, period but would be hilarious if true. Scum-skitter would probably like to not go up against Tammy in the Gate. Maybe she sees the keep as an easier win given how minigames shaped up.
So you're leaning toward town-Faker right now?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:24 am

Post by Isis »

In post 1566, demona wrote:maybe run at me if you’re town and you’re really worried about me do the thing until you’re not worried anymore instead of waiting for me to do the thing if the issue you’re having is mainly that i am not currently doing the thing

pedit: continuation of last post
Maybe I've been preoccupied by Chara but I also can't remember any of your posts about other minigames
"Well, I..."
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:35 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1570, catboi wrote:
In post 1545, Coral wrote: is less affecting to me because I think he probably wouldn't go that route today if he didn't believe that he did correctly plant the seeds for it. He just didn't plant them very well, but I don't really think he would try to bluff a progression that he knew he didn't have, especially against you. I understand the issues you have with it, though.

A note also that if he does end up voting early, it would likely be to try to end the game early and take down the voices of skitter and Faker with him. I don't think it's necessary to quickhammer yourself in that event, skitter. He would only do that with the goal of getting two town who are good at solving out of the game, and there's no rush, since we can simply move forward with that game effectively prefilled.
lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
okay so like, for the record

me throwing down a vote as scum would be outright throwing or possibly gambiting that the other town in keep would panic (very unlikely!)

but coral is arguing that me doing so would make it unnecessary to actually resolve the keep and get my flip and that it's sooo much more valuable to treat the other voices here as confirmed town

and from where I'm standing anyway, this doesn't really make sense for town at all - knowing the alignments of the keep players should be incredibly important to solving the rest of the game

but instead coral wants to be resolved first

and that, to me, only really makes sense if coral is someone who knows the flips in the keeo are going to make the game significantly harder for her to win. it makes basically no sense for town to say this.

Return to “Completed Open Games”