absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:35 am

Post by absinthe »

In post 1572, catboi wrote:
In post 1571, absinthe wrote:Scum-you moving me out of the keep doesn't make sense unless you weren't as sure I'd vote you as you've indicated. Scum-Faker moving me out of the keep after so much effort to get me into the keep doesn't make sense, period but would be hilarious if true. Scum-skitter would probably like to not go up against Tammy in the Gate. Maybe she sees the keep as an easier win given how minigames shaped up.
So you're leaning toward town-Faker right now?
I'm concerned about how Faker's gone full-in on a scumread of me. My read went a little south by the end of day 1, mostly because of how they seemed to be taking full credit for pushing me into the keep. My first post exists, and aside from angsting over picking correctly between the two of you, nothing suggested me in another minigame looked like a good thing for town.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:37 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1575, absinthe wrote:
In post 1572, catboi wrote:
In post 1571, absinthe wrote:Scum-you moving me out of the keep doesn't make sense unless you weren't as sure I'd vote you as you've indicated. Scum-Faker moving me out of the keep after so much effort to get me into the keep doesn't make sense, period but would be hilarious if true. Scum-skitter would probably like to not go up against Tammy in the Gate. Maybe she sees the keep as an easier win given how minigames shaped up.
So you're leaning toward town-Faker right now?
I'm concerned about how Faker's gone full-in on a scumread of me. My read went a little south by the end of day 1, mostly because of how they seemed to be taking full credit for pushing me into the keep. My first post exists, and aside from angsting over picking correctly between the two of you, nothing suggested me in another minigame looked like a good thing for town.
Understood, I guess. Do you have thoughts on the Wall? that game feels the trickiest to me right now.
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it she idk

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:51 am

Post by demona »

In post 1573, Isis wrote:
In post 1566, demona wrote:maybe run at me if you’re town and you’re really worried about me do the thing until you’re not worried anymore instead of waiting for me to do the thing if the issue you’re having is mainly that i am not currently doing the thing

pedit: continuation of last post
Maybe I've been preoccupied by Chara but I also can't remember any of your posts about other minigames
haven’t really given extensive thoughts beyond that i thought it was probably 2-1-0 or 0-1-2 before the swap originally based on the swap but mostly just a feeling

haven’t spent much time trying to sort between coral/absinthe yet

don’t really understand skitter’s approach to keep but eh

hm

guess i kinda don’t understand what your expectation of me here is
his unkindness may defeat my life but never taint my love

even shadows must be true to their shade
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:58 am

Post by Coral »

In post 1574, catboi wrote:
In post 1570, catboi wrote:
In post 1545, Coral wrote: is less affecting to me because I think he probably wouldn't go that route today if he didn't believe that he did correctly plant the seeds for it. He just didn't plant them very well, but I don't really think he would try to bluff a progression that he knew he didn't have, especially against you. I understand the issues you have with it, though.

A note also that if he does end up voting early, it would likely be to try to end the game early and take down the voices of skitter and Faker with him. I don't think it's necessary to quickhammer yourself in that event, skitter. He would only do that with the goal of getting two town who are good at solving out of the game, and there's no rush, since we can simply move forward with that game effectively prefilled.
lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
okay so like, for the record

me throwing down a vote as scum would be outright throwing or possibly gambiting that the other town in keep would panic (very unlikely!)

but coral is arguing that me doing so would make it unnecessary to actually resolve the keep and get my flip and that it's sooo much more valuable to treat the other voices here as confirmed town

and from where I'm standing anyway, this doesn't really make sense for town at all - knowing the alignments of the keep players should be incredibly important to solving the rest of the game

but instead coral wants to be resolved first

and that, to me, only really makes sense if coral is someone who knows the flips in the keeo are going to make the game significantly harder for her to win. it makes basically no sense for town to say this.
I don't think anyone should be voting any time soon. I don't think it would in any way be pro-town to do so. I don't think you would vote soon as town, even though you said you would.

It's worth considering the possibility that you would choose to vote as scum, and what the reaction should be, to avoid any panic votes. I don't want the Keep to flip yet (as in, like, today or tomorrow, not as in I am opposed to it flipping first) won or otherwise, and I don't think any town should want that.

I'm not arguing that we shouldn't resolve the keep if you vote. I'm arguing basically that we should ignore your vote, treat it as a gambit, and continue to solve the game as we otherwise would, and flip it when we're ready to do so and after skitter and faker have had a chance to solve the other games. If you throw the keep in a gambit attempt, then yes, we should confirm that is actually what you're doing before flipping any other games. But we don't need to rush into it.

My arguing that the Gate should be resolved first is entirely disconnected from my side note about an edge case that I want to be prepared for. They weren't related points and they exist in different worlds.

You saying that I said "unnecessary to actually resolve the keep and get my flip and that it's sooo much more valuable to treat the other voices here as confirmed town" is like, entirely fabricated. I never said that or anything close to it. I said that it shouldn't be quickhammered, and there's no rush, we can take our time.

I was going to be a little mean but I will take it on good faith that you simply misunderstood the point I was making or read into things that weren't there, even if you're scum, because I don't think you would intentionally make such an embarrassingly bad point.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:01 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1568, catboi wrote:
In post 1564, skitter30 wrote:Right >.>
Ok yeah then i want one of u two to vote me

I
can you...explain what you were thinking there and why that is not a perspective slip?
I have no idea tbh, something along the lines of 'one of catboi/prism is town so needs to vote'

(Mechanics are, uh, not my thing)
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:04 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1571, absinthe wrote:Scum-skitter would probably like to not go up against Tammy in the Gate. Maybe she sees the keep as an easier win given how minigames shaped up.
No? That doesnt seem so bad at all tbh
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:05 am

Post by Isis »

In post 1577, demona wrote:
In post 1566, demona wrote:maybe run at me if you’re town and you’re really worried about me do the thing until you’re not worried anymore instead of waiting for me to do the thing if the issue you’re having is mainly that i am not currently doing the thing

Maybe I've been preoccupied by Chara but I also can't remember any of your posts about other minigames
haven’t really given extensive thoughts beyond that i thought it was probably 2-1-0 or 0-1-2 before the swap originally based on the swap but mostly just a feeling

hm

I kind of expect needing to poke some for town!you or for your thoughts to develop slowly. Declaring yourself obvtown and asking to see a crossvote is the more divergent thing that in my mind is a lot more vivid with what scum!demona tries to do in games compared to town!demona. I'm maybe burying the lead or confusing the point a little in highlighting the former. The former is just the reason I'm gonna be saying nty to a fastcrossvote
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:06 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1574, catboi wrote:but coral is arguing that me doing so would make it unnecessary to actually resolve the keep and get my flip and that it's sooo much more valuable to treat the other voices here as confirmed town
Coral seems to think thay both town need to vote town to win keep
(Which is wrong and is what prompted my question)
I think her post makes more sense in context
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:07 am

Post by skitter30 »

I'm increasingly concerned by demona
Show
Hiatus once more.

Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:09 am

Post by Isis »

In post 1580, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1571, absinthe wrote:Scum-skitter would probably like to not go up against Tammy in the Gate. Maybe she sees the keep as an easier win given how minigames shaped up.
You think you could beat Tammy at gate as mafia?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:16 am

Post by demona »

In post 1581, Isis wrote:

hm

I kind of expect needing to poke some for town!you or for your thoughts to develop slowly. Declaring yourself obvtown and asking to see a crossvote is the more divergent thing that in my mind is a lot more vivid with what scum!demona tries to do in games compared to town!demona. I'm maybe burying the lead or confusing the point a little in highlighting the former. The former is just the reason I'm gonna be saying nty to a fastcrossvote
the crossvote and the ‘obvtown’ thing are just because of the setup

it doesn’t take me time to develop a read on myself nor do you need to poke me for that

can look at the trust fall prism moderated or the one faker and i were town in if you want to see similar changes in my play based on the setup

but…

if you think my approach is divergent towards scum!me, why were you townreading it?

not sure if i am misunderstanding here am definitely distracted but like

isn’t that very divergence the one cord you were talking about earlier?

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:17 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1584, Isis wrote:
In post 1580, skitter30 wrote:
You think you could beat Tammy at gate as mafia?
Seems easier than trying to solve this, ya
Show
Hiatus once more.

Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:24 am

Post by Isis »

In post 1585, demona wrote:

hm

it doesn’t take me time to develop a read on myself nor do you need to poke me for that

can look at the trust fall prism moderated or the one faker and i were town in if you want to see similar changes in my play based on the setup

but…

if you think my approach is divergent towards scum!me, why were you townreading it?

You're literally doing the opposite of what you were getting townread for day1, instead of being confident you will later dayplay and always get townread for it, you're asking for things to get locked in [[perhaps in case you don't get townread for later dayplay?]]. They both use the word "town" but they are opposites.
"Well, I..."
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:25 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1578, Coral wrote:I don't think anyone should be voting any time soon. I don't think it would in any way be pro-town to do so. I don't think you would vote soon as town, even though you said you would.
hahahahaha

What
do
you believe my approach is here as town? I favor a faster resolution because I have all the agency to decide this minigame in my own hands, getting the flips and knowing alignments is valuable, and being indcisive and taking too long is incredibly anti-town. I don't need a week to decide between two players.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:28 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1582, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1574, catboi wrote:but coral is arguing that me doing so would make it unnecessary to actually resolve the keep and get my flip and that it's sooo much more valuable to treat the other voices here as confirmed town
Coral seems to think thay both town need to vote town to win keep
(Which is wrong and is what prompted my question)
I think her post makes more sense in context
no, she literally is arguing that we should not resolve the keep if I vote and spend days yakking it up while treating me as scum which is beyond nonsensical but provides a ton of benefit to her if she knows she's about to eat shit when I flip
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:29 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1583, skitter30 wrote:I'm increasingly concerned by demona
was going to say on an iso I don't really see her trying to discern alignments and the strongest reason people have for townreading her is she says she's town, which, eh. Still going through it though.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:31 am

Post by skitter30 »

You voting resolves keep tho, no?
Show
Hiatus once more.

demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:32 am

Post by demona »

In post 1587, Isis wrote:
In post 1585, demona wrote:

hm

but…

You're literally doing the opposite of what you were getting townread for day1, instead of being confident you will later dayplay and always get townread for it, you're asking for things to get locked in [[perhaps in case you don't get townread for later dayplay?]]. They both use the word "town" but they are opposites.
oh i get what you’re saying maybe

and other than you i don’t really think that’s the only thing i was being townread for,

but i am not really any less confident in that just want to speed up the process of getting there so town can work from correct view of game

demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:36 am

Post by demona »

sigh kinda feel like this possibly an advantageous thing

but one of skitter/catboi have to be town so i am here et cetera

weird that catboi also states that the only thing i am being townread for is me saying i am town when that simply isn’t true

but i am here-ish and i kinda just feel like for whichever of you is town that that feeling is mostly because i haven’t been able to be as present today as i sometimes am even when posting

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:38 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1591, skitter30 wrote:You voting resolves keep tho, no?
It takes 2 votes and the implication is whoever it's on should not self-hammer and treat it like I'm trying to cut off ddiscussion as scum while solving other games. I don't really take issue with the notion of giving final reads but the idea I make a play like that as scum is ludicrous and again mostly seems to be coming from someone who knows my flip reflects incredibly poorly on them
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:40 am

Post by skitter30 »

Right that's what i'm confused abt: is it just one vote (i.e. one town has to vote town and that's it), or to complete the game is it technically two?
Show
Hiatus once more.

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:40 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1593, demona wrote:sigh kinda feel like this possibly an advantageous thing

weird that catboi also states that the only thing i am being townread for is me saying i am town when that simply isn’t true

but i am here-ish and i kinda just feel like for whichever of you is town that that feeling is mostly because i haven’t been able to be as present today as i sometimes am even when posting
not taking notes so could be easily wrong but that was my impression

I'm not going to say I'm confident on your game but I do see you being scum as a possibility here (and entirely recognize that my timing in stating such might seem suspicious, but am not really concerned with that at all for obvious reasons)
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:41 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1595, skitter30 wrote:Right that's what i'm confused abt: is it just one vote (i.e. one town has to vote town and that's it), or to complete the game is it technically two?
it's two votes, doesn't end until a majority is reached
demona
demona
it she idk
Goon
demona
it she idk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:48 am

Post by demona »

In post 1596, catboi wrote:
In post 1593, demona wrote:sigh kinda feel like this possibly an advantageous thing

not taking notes so could be easily wrong but that was my impression

I'm not going to say I'm confident on your game but I do see you being scum as a possibility here (and entirely recognize that my timing in stating such might seem suspicious, but am not really concerned with that at all for obvious reasons)
i guess i don’t expect town!you to view my being mafia as an impossibility or anything but i guess this doesn’t really feel like you trying to sort me rather than just say ‘oh yes i am also suspicious of demona’ and saying the thing that isis has been saying the ‘oh the only towny thing about demona is she said she was town’ when coral and others laid out more than that

and!! at the time coral did so isis agreed

so it is like

..!

but also been resigned to phone posting and i was just mostly reading the game today

so, shrug

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:54 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1598, demona wrote:i guess i don’t expect town!you to view my being mafia as an impossibility or anything but i guess this doesn’t really feel like you trying to sort me rather than just say ‘oh yes i am also suspicious of demona’ and saying the thing that isis has been saying the ‘oh the only towny thing about demona is she said she was town’ when coral and others laid out more than that

and!! at the time coral did so isis agreed

so it is like

..!

but also been resigned to phone posting and i was just mostly reading the game today

so, shrug
Hum, minly because it's not really an effort to interact with you, I am mainly observing and trying to draw conclusions rather than making direct qusetions etc. sometimes I get reads wrong and correct them via interaction but I sort of need to start outside and draw a conclusion there before I come in talking about things because if I don't have an angle dialogue usually isn't going to do a whole lot. If you're town I will get there eventually. I haven't reread either of the other players at the Wall still.

Will keep an eye out for the isis posts you're talking about.

Return to “Completed Open Games”