Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:38 pm

Post by Faker »

I'm sorry that I ever made you play again. I look forward to seeing you vote skitter in two days time.

You can vote her whenever, so there's no need to keep baiting and demotivating me further. To use your words: Why care? You don't have to convince skitter of anything at this point.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:39 pm

Post by Faker »

I'm still mostly waiting on Tempest. If there's anything in particular someone wants me to look at in Wall or Gate, I'm down.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:43 pm

Post by catboi »

I think Isis looks scummier than other people at the wall on review. The style is hard to parse but the signal to noise here is really low and I'm not seeign much commitment to calling people scum, some doubt expressed of faker but it's not really all-in. is really rough. Just "I liked the post", no elaboration. The lack of caution when previously having been fooled by Coral in another game is puzzling, would expect that read to get more diligence than it's shown. The reads on players in her game is fencesitting but also feels a bit like it's angled toward OMGUSing Chara. I'm not seeing a lot to convincingly call Isis town and whatever posts I felt in the moment yesterday don't hit me on a reread.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:51 pm

Post by skitter30 »

I do want to try to solve the other games before locking in this one

I will say i am very confused by which of the 2 of you is scum / why you put me here and are angling towards voting me tho, i'll be curious to here the reasoning in post

I also did just reread isis's iso and didnt get much ai out of it tbh
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:52 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1675, Faker wrote:I'm sorry that I ever made you play again. I look forward to seeing you vote skitter in two days time.

You can vote her whenever, so there's no need to keep baiting and demotivating me further. To use your words: Why care? You don't have to convince skitter of anything at this point.
Don't know what's got you so sour unless I'm correct in my assessment. I'm going to respond to things you post in this game. I'm going to explain my thoughts not just to skitter but to everyone else in the game as well.

Me scumreading you is not an attempt to "bait" you. It is me playing the game.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:55 pm

Post by Faker »

You're being completely fucking insufferable. Consider stopping regardless of alignment.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:56 pm

Post by Faker »

Sorry, over the line.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:59 pm

Post by catboi »

I really don't think what I am posting is remotely out of bounds. But clearly I'm doing something wrong so I'm going to treat you as though I have you on ignore for the rest of the game so as to noot further exacerbate this.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:00 pm

Post by Faker »

Perfect, thanks. Please stick to it. I will do the same.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:07 pm

Post by Faker »

@absinthe
In post 1529, Faker wrote:445 and before, yes. I didn't expect you to townread me like you seem to imply in 445, but I was shocked at how hands-off you were. Was this a reaction to illicit, or something else entirely?

I also don't think my jovialty should surprise you. You've heard a lot about how my favorite part of law school is seeing other people nail hard questions and how it's leading me to want to go into academia. You also heard how much fun I had teaching other people near finals. While I'm not above creating narrative arcs in the vein of Iceland, I don't think there should be a question of my sincerity for this game.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:12 pm

Post by absinthe »

I'm home. going to make something to eat. Will catch up shortly.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:14 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 1677, catboi wrote:I think Isis looks scummier than other people at the wall on review. The style is hard to parse but the signal to noise here is really low and I'm not seeign much commitment to calling people scum, some doubt expressed of faker but it's not really all-in. is really rough. Just "I liked the post", no elaboration. The lack of caution when previously having been fooled by Coral in another game is puzzling, would expect that read to get more diligence than it's shown. The reads on players in her game is fencesitting but also feels a bit like it's angled toward OMGUSing Chara. I'm not seeing a lot to convincingly call Isis town and whatever posts I felt in the moment yesterday don't hit me on a reread.
I elaborated later when skitter mentioned the post, you disliked my elaboration and thought I was townreading NAI. It's pretty awkward to feel things about a slot after previously getting snowed and feel like, should you develop this? based on record.
The way I read people walls of content that make sense and seem to sort people apart are something I tend to want to townbin if they hit tons and tons of character without slipping into a scummy thought process, usually I have confidence in seeing those slips and it feels like it's a way to read people. With her in a different minigame and a bad track record I guess I'm not on the front of the line to discuss that angle. Her volume is even higher than Eurybia though, same number of characters but more AI points covered.
I still think it's more likely Chara than not but I still want to pick Chara's mind.
I think it's absinthe in Coral's game and I can't remember anything ffery posts after she posts it so it's fine to let other people play.
I think your game is the second most interesting but I'm a little bit disengaged because of the rock throwing.
I think if I wave a wand and instagram filter out the sharp from your minigame I'd most want you to be voted because a lot of your takes at different steps of the game have made a little sense and moreso than their correctness don't really sound like you're working from 3 pieces of information (compared to like the tempo of how Coral's thoughts develp maybe)
i have a lot of chores and didn't want to post this long uck
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:17 pm

Post by Faker »

Without me going into what I think does not make sense, do you mind elaborating on what *does* make sense+is AI from cat FYPOV?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:20 pm

Post by Isis »

Faker seems like the scummiest slot but I misread her in Eurybia etc. It'd be nice to correctly townread skitter. Skitter's dayplay has a more hammersitty situational context in a way that might not be her fault.

Or i might be prone to just be paranoid of whoever is closest to being hammered
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:25 pm

Post by catboi »

from Chara still squicks me on a reread though it's not impossible that town can make a post like that. I feel like I might be lending too much credit to its day entrance but that and stuff like the reaction test townlean on absinthe feel like there's some subtlety to it that I don't attribute typically to scumplay. I like - - . Questions to Coral there feel good, calling back to something early, picking at semantics, just enough of a pointed edge where it looks like Chara feels it might be on to something. feels like a good, nuanced post, the self-reflectiveness and doubting of its own reads when realizing they were similar to skitter where scum going for a mirroring/pocketing approach would be unlikely to do.

I guess in particular the "ah HA I was secretly scumreading Isis all along" feels real because, like, I expect scum to play offense harder than that where they need to present a case to sell people on the read but doing so in that manner is less likely to be persuasive.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:25 pm

Post by Isis »

I really like the wall progression of recognizing demona's town stature being a little bit circular but still kinda wanting to settle on the simplest thing after stressing out and worrying a little. Skitter did the same thing, I think the slots are kind of distinguished situationally.
He had similar posts on d1.
I really need step away from the pc
"Well, I..."
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:29 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1686, Isis wrote:
In post 1677, catboi wrote:I think Isis looks scummier than other people at the wall on review. The style is hard to parse but the signal to noise here is really low and I'm not seeign much commitment to calling people scum, some doubt expressed of faker but it's not really all-in. is really rough. Just "I liked the post", no elaboration. The lack of caution when previously having been fooled by Coral in another game is puzzling, would expect that read to get more diligence than it's shown. The reads on players in her game is fencesitting but also feels a bit like it's angled toward OMGUSing Chara. I'm not seeing a lot to convincingly call Isis town and whatever posts I felt in the moment yesterday don't hit me on a reread.
I elaborated later when skitter mentioned the post, you disliked my elaboration and thought I was townreading NAI. It's pretty awkward to feel things about a slot after previously getting snowed and feel like, should you develop this? based on record.
The way I read people walls of content that make sense and seem to sort people apart are something I tend to want to townbin if they hit tons and tons of character without slipping into a scummy thought process, usually I have confidence in seeing those slips and it feels like it's a way to read people. With her in a different minigame and a bad track record I guess I'm not on the front of the line to discuss that angle. Her volume is even higher than Eurybia though, same number of characters but more AI points covered.
I still think it's more likely Chara than not but I still want to pick Chara's mind.
I think it's absinthe in Coral's game and I can't remember anything ffery posts after she posts it so it's fine to let other people play.
I think your game is the second most interesting but I'm a little bit disengaged because of the rock throwing.
I think if I wave a wand and instagram filter out the sharp from your minigame I'd most want you to be voted because a lot of your takes at different steps of the game have made a little sense and moreso than their correctness don't really sound like you're working from 3 pieces of information (compared to like the tempo of how Coral's thoughts develp maybe)
i have a lot of chores and didn't want to post this long uck
I feel like it would be rude for me to not acknowledge this post given that it's in response to a scumlean I stated but I don't have a lot to elaborate on right now, I see what you're saying I guess, I'm going to move on to other subjects and circle back if it's necessary.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:32 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1555, Isis wrote:I liked Coral's overnight post. I think absinthe should be the elimination.
My minigame is still most likely scum!Chara when laid out flat but demona taking victory laps and not sorting is leaning me back. I've seen demona stop doing things when ahead as scum, I guess I've paid less attention to whether that's happened as town. I'd like it better if my demona townread was a cord of two or three strands instead of just being "demona's own arc putting self into a minigame" though I still view that as a strong strand.
Chara what kind of imminence do you have on voting me? In one breath you say you want finding demonascum together to be a real possibility but in another you keep speaking with enough finality that that wouldn't really be possible, not because I'm literally hammered but because town!you couldn't be keeping your mind all that open with a tinkaton hammer on your shoulder.
Pedit: ok yeah more finality, just discussing the next minigames instead of most of my ketchup Do you view our minigame as over? It feels like the nudge of difference between demona having a very good protown arc and being informed
you interpreted as finality? it's just my current thoughts.

and i think finding demona scum together
is
a real possibility. if i thought our minigame was over i'd have voted already, and i wouldn't have greeted you the way i did in 1553.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:37 pm

Post by Faker »

I'm still off of center and can't really focus or think straight. Sorry about the last few pages.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:38 pm

Post by Coral »

In post 1689, catboi wrote:I guess in particular the "ah HA I was secretly scumreading Isis all along" feels real because, like, I expect scum to play offense harder than that where they need to present a case to sell people on the read but doing so in that manner is less likely to be persuasive.
I'm curious what the distinction is here for you between Chara having a secret Isis scumread and me having a secret Chara scumread? Is it just that they're in the same minigame? Or were the reads expressed differently? I don't really remember what I expressed exactly, but I remember thinking that Chara's felt like what I had in my head at least, which made me hesitate a bit.

(genuine question, trying to sort. less confident than I was earlier after a step back.)
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:39 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1555, Isis wrote:Pedit: ok yeah more finality, just discussing the next minigames instead of most of my ketchup Do you view our minigame as over? It feels like the nudge of difference between demona having a very good protown arc and being informed
actually i'd like to talk about this further. what part of your catch up should i have been responding to there? you didn't say anything new or interesting (as relating to my scumread on you). why is it scummy to you to throw out my thoughts on the other minigames after saying hello?
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:39 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 950, Chara wrote:i promise to post a fanfic excerpt on day 2.
oh wait nvm lockscum
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:40 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1694, Coral wrote:
In post 1689, catboi wrote:I guess in particular the "ah HA I was secretly scumreading Isis all along" feels real because, like, I expect scum to play offense harder than that where they need to present a case to sell people on the read but doing so in that manner is less likely to be persuasive.
I'm curious what the distinction is here for you between Chara having a secret Isis scumread and me having a secret Chara scumread? Is it just that they're in the same minigame? Or were the reads expressed differently? I don't really remember what I expressed exactly, but I remember thinking that Chara's felt like what I had in my head at least, which made me hesitate a bit.

(genuine question, trying to sort. less confident than I was earlier after a step back.)
dead honest I have no memory of seeing you talk about your read of Chara
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:42 pm

Post by Coral »

Oh. You asked about it :igmeou:
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:42 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1566, demona wrote:maybe run at me if you’re town and you’re really worried about me do the thing until you’re not worried anymore instead of waiting for me to do the thing if the issue you’re having is mainly that i am not currently doing the thing

pedit: continuation of last post
have you talked about your reads on me and Isis, demona? that'd be what i'm most interested in seeing right now. apologies if it happens later in my catch-up but i've learned to just ask the questions as they occur lest i forget about them entirely.

Return to “Completed Open Games”