Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:05 am

Post by skitter30 »

Or faker wanted this scenario
Hard to say
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:08 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1850, skitter30 wrote:Or faker wanted this scenario
Hard to say
From an outsider’s perspective possible but I know that one isn’t true.

From your POV which is it and why?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:09 am

Post by skitter30 »

I don't know, which is why i want one of you two to vote me
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:10 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 49, Faker wrote:I don't think it's a good idea to put us in a game together cat. I know you know but I don't really want to shit talk atm sorry.
Really Skitter?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:10 am

Post by skitter30 »

I don't know what you're trying to say
Show
Hiatus once more.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:14 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 35, Faker wrote:This is way too fast for my brain atm LMAO

I know you're mostly joking but any game with me/you/skitter would be the biggest shitshow, but ~we'll see~
(Assuming “you” is Catboi as the thread implies)

You’re arguing that Faker intentionally made the game a shit show.

Assuming Faker is Prism, I know Prism didn’t but then combined with the other post quoted makes this a really hard sell.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:15 am

Post by MathBlade »

It makes me wonder if you know I am town or not. After not wanting to analyze the case the last thing I want to do is vote you.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:21 am

Post by MathBlade »

So it looks to me that the important game for reads is our game and solving it gives us the best chances of victory because then we learn about the swap.

Thoughts?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:36 am

Post by Isis »

The swap also affects Tempest's game. I think Tempest's game should probably resolve first.
It's page 75 and I still can't remember the game nicknames.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:50 am

Post by MathBlade »

I don’t necessarily agree with that.

I think absinthe should cross vote then Tempest has the freedom to say which order they’d like the games resolved in.

I just think Tempest and mine are the most important for scumhunting because of the swap and day open.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:57 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1856, MathBlade wrote:It makes me wonder if you know I am town or not. After not wanting to analyze the case the last thing I want to do is vote you.
I don't understand, why does that statement make you question if i know you're town
Show
Hiatus once more.

Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:59 am

Post by Coral »

I agree that Gate and Keep should probably be first. Wall feels the murkiest to nearly everyone, and determining the result of the swap seems useful. I don't feel as much of a preference anymore about Gate going before Keep, either seems fine.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:04 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1860, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1856, MathBlade wrote:It makes me wonder if you know I am town or not. After not wanting to analyze the case the last thing I want to do is vote you.
I don't understand, why does that statement make you question if i know you're town
You feel disconnected. Like you don’t want to figure out why the swap happened the way it did.

It’s either A) You set it up so Faker and Catboi would fight
Or B) Catboi made this world after interacting with it in the open
Or in your opinion C exists) Faker constructed this is possible

But not wanting to interact with any option or one of your own self making feels like a deliberate stall tactic. You must have some thoughts no?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:04 am

Post by Coral »

In post 1839, Isis wrote:
In post 1830, Coral wrote:But revealing the read beforehand doesn't fit quite right with the rest to me.
Is this a mechanical objection to the idea town!Chara revealed info that would let scum!Isis ship Chara away, or more of a flow objection that town!Chara would throw out and igmeoy with no force and just slunk into making good on the threat when the minigame started?

I think there's at least a little playstyle clash going on but I want to dig up the part that can make the most sense to me.
I'd probably like the EoD FoS better at if it was either fully developed, or completely holstered for this phase.
Moreso the former. It just feels to me like that narrative presented almost makes sense, but reading back the posts I don't see how the thought process completely lines up, going from posting about the scumread to then immediately deciding to push the point of going together while keeping the scumread under wraps.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:07 am

Post by MathBlade »

Can you explain it again?

I am not following.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:10 am

Post by MathBlade »

I feel like I am missing something as we are all vanilla except VC tempest?

So what mechanical info are you both talking about?

I know it’s probably simple but explain it like I am 5 please.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:16 am

Post by Coral »

It's about what I feel is a difference between the way Chara's actions on day 1 reflect its thought process at the time, compared to the perspective presented at the start of today's day phase. This is in respect mostly to its read on Isis and wanting them to be in the same minigame.

It's not strictly mechanical.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:24 am

Post by MathBlade »

Is this a mechanical objection to the idea town!Chara revealed info that would let scum!Isis ship Chara away,

What info is being talked about? Is this mid D1 end of day one?

I am a bit behind in reading as I didn’t expect Skitter to be Stonewall Kitty.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:37 am

Post by Coral »

The info was about Chara's scumread, not mechanical info.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:37 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1862, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1860, skitter30 wrote:
You feel disconnected. Like you don’t want to figure out why the swap happened the way it did.

It’s either A) You set it up so Faker and Catboi would fight
Or B) Catboi made this world after interacting with it in the open
Or in your opinion C exists) Faker constructed this is possible

But not wanting to interact with any option or one of your own self making feels like a deliberate stall tactic. You must have some thoughts no?
I'm not stonewalling anything, or 'not trying to interact with one option or another' , and this is the approach that i've taken since well before you repped in. i'm a little frustrated because i think you routinely misflip me and don't know how to read me so this game that i was enjoying suddenly looks a lot less fun because you tend to be very antagonistic to everything that i say (see: here, where now i'm apparently 'stonewalling')

And i'm having a non-ideal day at work today so don't really have energy to bicker with you abt it rn but i can try to walk you through the different worlds from my pov later
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:39 am

Post by skitter30 »

Like from my pov i was on the same page woth most people in the game
I am continuing to take the same approach
You have no context on any of this
You think i'm stonewalling
Show
Hiatus once more.

Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:41 am

Post by Coral »

I agree with skitter, Math, I think there's a lot more nuance to the situation than you're currently giving it and it's reasonable to find that frustrating.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:49 am

Post by MathBlade »

Imho I don’t.

It feels like every avenue I have to generate reads is cut off.

I can’t generate them from optimal play.
I can’t generate them by asking questions of Skitter because she won’t answer them.

So if I can’t read someone from mech or from their thoughts how am I supposed to read them or get any sort of conclusion?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:50 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1870, skitter30 wrote:Like from my pov i was on the same page woth most people in the game
I am continuing to take the same approach
You have no context on any of this
You think i'm stonewalling
I have no way of “finding” that page.

I ask questions to get on the same page and figure out who you think scum are and get no answer. I call this stonewalling.

Only to be told you’re not but it’s valid not to answer questions? So you’re not but it’s valid

It feels extremely gaslighty
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:55 am

Post by MathBlade »

Because then if I ask questions of you, Coral, then you don’t answer them, because it’s completely valid for Skitter to not answer them, then it becomes valid for every player.

So I think that nuance needs to be explained.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Open Games”