Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:56 am

Post by MathBlade »

And to argue I don’t have context so I can’t ask questions but the only way to get the context is ask questions it’s literally a self defeating prophecy that I can never ask questions.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:57 am

Post by skitter30 »

I will answer your questions when i get home (later) tonight, i'm dealing with something significantly more critical irl at this moment

Saying that i 'won't answer your questions' or 'gaslighting' or 'cutting you off' you is extremely unfair and misreppy in context, especially since you can literally ask anyone else for the same context until i can get there
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:58 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1855, MathBlade wrote:
In post 35, Faker wrote:This is way too fast for my brain atm LMAO

I know you're mostly joking but any game with me/you/skitter would be the biggest shitshow, but ~we'll see~
(Assuming “you” is Catboi as the thread implies)

You’re arguing that Faker intentionally made the game a shit show.

Assuming Faker is Prism, I know Prism didn’t but then combined with the other post quoted makes this a really hard sell.
Was this to me? I'm not even calling you scum, i never said faker has intentionally made the game a shitshow. From my pov it's implausible for both catboi and faker to have created this threesome, but we're here so i need to figure out who did it
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:59 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1876, skitter30 wrote:I will answer your questions when i get home (later) tonight, i'm dealing with something significantly more critical irl at this moment

Saying that i 'won't answer your questions' or 'gaslighting' or 'cutting you off' you is extremely unfair and misreppy in context, especially since you can literally ask anyone else for the same context until i can get there
Then I look forward to your answer tonight.

And no, I can’t go ask another player what’s in your brain (unless you’re scum and told them lol). I asked you for a reason.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:59 am

Post by skitter30 »

A reason for what? What are you asking me exactly

I'm saying you can ask literally anyone else for the background context
Show
Hiatus once more.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:00 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1877, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1855, MathBlade wrote:
In post 35, Faker wrote:This is way too fast for my brain atm LMAO

I know you're mostly joking but any game with me/you/skitter would be the biggest shitshow, but ~we'll see~
(Assuming “you” is Catboi as the thread implies)

You’re arguing that Faker intentionally made the game a shit show.

Assuming Faker is Prism, I know Prism didn’t but then combined with the other post quoted makes this a really hard sell.
Was this to me? I'm not even calling you scum, i never said faker has intentionally made the game a shitshow. From my pov it's implausible for both catboi and faker to have created this threesome, but we're here so i need to figure out who did it
And this is the kind of thoughts I wanted. Some kind of interaction with it rather than an outright refusal.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:01 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1879, skitter30 wrote:A reason for what? What are you asking me exactly

I'm saying you can ask literally anyone else for the background context
I asked you about the day open to see how this threesome happened according to you.

I can’t ask someone else why you think something
GTKAS -- MathBlade
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:03 am

Post by skitter30 »

Also fwiw your directing this to the wrong audience, if you're scum (which im thinking is increasingly likely) the only person you have to convince is catboi, ans you need him to vote you

Bickering with me isnt going to help woth that goal

Pedit i said that already at least twice since you repped in, but ok

Pedif2 i don't know, from my piv neither make much sense to have put mw here. I think it's less abt me and more abt ffery wanting out

I don't have a good explanation for either catboi or faker doing this, so it's just not such a good helpful avenue to explore, as i'll be reaching either way.
Show
Hiatus once more.

Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:04 am

Post by Coral »

I just think that a lot of your answers can be found by reading the game. I don't think there's anything you've said that's been ignored or rejected. It's just that if you say "Okay, the situation is either A or B. Which is it?" and it turns out there's also C and D and also none of us know and they're all valid possibilities, it's hard to directly answer your question.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:13 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1883, Coral wrote:I just think that a lot of your answers can be found by reading the game. I don't think there's anything you've said that's been ignored or rejected. It's just that if you say "Okay, the situation is either A or B. Which is it?" and it turns out there's also C and D and also none of us know and they're all valid possibilities, it's hard to directly answer your question.
I don’t think a lot of answers can be found by just a read.

That’s a good way to fall into whatever traps scum have set.

What’s better is that a person is forced to be held accountable in a consistent manner throughout.

I can’t get that if I just read then info dump.

It feels like you want to force me into playing the game how you do which is inferior for me.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:18 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1883, Coral wrote:I just think that a lot of your answers can be found by reading the game. I don't think there's anything you've said that's been ignored or rejected. It's just that if you say "Okay, the situation is either A or B. Which is it?" and it turns out there's also C and D and also none of us know and they're all valid possibilities, it's hard to directly answer your question.
From my POV there’s not.

Scum chose the swap. Fact.

Means they wanted either the top or bottom scenario. Fact.
It was determined top choice was NAI based on prior discussion.

If you’re also saying top and bottom are both NAI then your premise not same alignment swap is wrong.
If the bottom is AI then my questions are valid,

If you’re saying bottom and top NAI and not same alignment that’s false as an S and T or T and S would be swapped

You cannot have your cake and eat it too,
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:18 am

Post by Coral »

In post 1849, MathBlade wrote:It’s either Skitter scum saw the scenario and took advantage or Catboi always wanted that three way situation. So it’s a big ol bottle of wine which.
Like, this is the question that you wanted skitter to answer. She said "or Faker wanted it, hard to say". You took that as a refusal to engage. You're not really asking her a mechanical question though, you're just asking her who she thinks is scum.

There's also the possibility of there being 2 scum in the keep and one needs to get out and there wasn't really any ideal swap that the scumteam wanted. It's possible absinthe really wanted to go to the Gate, and skitter was just the best choice to send to the Keep.

I think that trying to assess which motivation makes the most sense in isolation is unlikely to be productive because in all likelihood even if we get the scum right using it, we probably will not correctly predict the exact motivation behind the swap, and it could be a combination of factors. It's something to consider, for sure, but I don't really think it's a good starting point.

If you'd like my opinion, I think that there were two scum in the Keep, catboi and absinthe. One of them had to go to Gate, which had zero scum. Tempest was the best clear as someone that usually gets read as town eventually. That left only skitter and me as the best swaps, with either catboi or absinthe. They didn't have a lot of options. I had expressed a townread on Faker, and so putting me in there seems likely to lose. skitter was more conflicted.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:23 am

Post by Coral »

Considering alternative worlds for the sake of completeness:

1) skitter is scum. It's possible that because Faker was scumleaning absinthe that they needed to get absinthe out, and decided to go for a scum/scum swap for skitter, who Faker was townreading, in the hopes that the conclusion would be that it was a scum/town swap. This seems surprisingly reasonable, actually, so I don't think this world should be discounted. I think it's less likely on play, but mechanically it's possible.

2) Faker slot is scum instead of catboi. I don't know why they swap skitter in this world instead of me, since I had a townread on Faker. It seems like this swap forces it into a world where both catboi and Faker would prefer to vote skitter, and it seems hard for Faker to win.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:24 am

Post by MathBlade »

TLDR:

Premise 0: Swaps of the game are either same alignment or different alignment.
Premise 1a: If swaps are of same alignment, then top and bottom participants are not alignment indicative.
Premise 1b: If swaps are of differing alignment, then top and bottom participants are not alignment indicative.

The issue I have with you Coral is that you seem to say that you thing Premise 1b: is true, but swaps are not alignment indicative and that scum ignored the beginning of the game.

I don’t think your world view makes sense.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:25 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1888, MathBlade wrote:TLDR:

Premise 0: Swaps of the game are either same alignment or different alignment.
Premise 1a: If swaps are of same alignment, then top and bottom participants are not alignment indicative.
Premise 1b: If swaps are of differing alignment, then top and bottom participants are alignment indicative.

The issue I have with you Coral is that you seem to say that you thing Premise 1b: is true, but swaps are not alignment indicative and that scum ignored the beginning of the game.

I don’t think your world view makes sense.
Ebwop fuck my phone
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:27 am

Post by MathBlade »

Am I making sense to you?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:29 am

Post by Coral »

No, I don't think thats an accurate assessment of my perspective. My perspective is that it's a difficult problem to solve. You're welcome to try, but I think there is too much missing information without any flips to come to a solid conclusion yet.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:30 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1891, Coral wrote:No, I don't think thats an accurate assessment of my perspective. My perspective is that it's a difficult problem to solve. You're welcome to try, but I think there is too much missing information without any flips to come to a solid conclusion yet.
Do you think the swap is S&T/T&S? Aka alignment indicative?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:31 am

Post by Coral »

I think that is most likely, but that stems from my reads on the slots involved rather than vice versa.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:31 am

Post by Coral »

To be clear, I have it mechanically confirmed that one of the slots (absinthe) is scum. That makes my perspective on this different and narrower than most others.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:34 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1894, Coral wrote:To be clear, I have it mechanically confirmed that one of the slots (absinthe) is scum. That makes my perspective on this different and narrower than most others.
Okay so you’re halfway there.

Then if you think it’s an absinthe scum skitter town world. Then the swap is alignment indicative. Meaning scum had to balance the games right?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:38 am

Post by skitter30 »

Math is catboi scum here?
Show
Hiatus once more.

Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:40 am

Post by Coral »

In post 1895, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1894, Coral wrote:To be clear, I have it mechanically confirmed that one of the slots (absinthe) is scum. That makes my perspective on this different and narrower than most others.
Okay so you’re halfway there.

Then if you think it’s an absinthe scum skitter town world. Then the swap is alignment indicative. Meaning scum had to balance the games right?
See and .
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:40 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1896, skitter30 wrote:Math is catboi scum here?
I am working under Catboi Coral or absinthe you.

I don’t think both of you would be this difficult as scum but I don’t think you’d both be this difficult as town.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:41 am

Post by Coral »

I think I have been exceptionally patient and as un-difficult as physically possible, personally :)

Return to “Completed Open Games”