Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1925 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:28 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1843, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1838, catboi wrote:
In post 1771, absinthe wrote:catboi can you talk about how your Faker read developed?
Sure. I think mid-late Day 1 I started to feel no one was super obviously scum and when thatthat's the case it's usually because someone is doing a convincing job of appearing town. That made Faker a plausible suspect, but I wanted to wait and see what became of the swaps. I felt there was basically no chance scum allow a highposting town-Faker to stay in the keep. I thought the pivot against me was a very plausible scum narative arc, even if I enabled it with my play, it still suits the scum wincon to suggest going to a location with me and acting buddy-buddy only to turn on me down the line. I think mostly from there his arguments when we were actually in the keep were incoherent and seemingly not coming from a town perspective at all. I don't really want to revisit all of that if possible though.
I think your premise “There’s no way a scum team allows town Faker to stay in the keep” flawed for the same reason my “strong players should be in either space against Tempest” argument flawed.

If there was only one scum in the Keep and two scum in another, then they’d have to swap elsewhere.

Since I am about to read that though I hope there’s more to your conclusion than that. Because it sounds like you’re starting with my slot scum and how to justify it.
Well, for starters, absinthe was switched out of the keep so the premise faker couldn't have been swapped out is incorrect. I also think Faker-absinthe is entirely plausible as teammates
In post 1848, MathBlade wrote:
In post 42, catboi wrote:
In post 35, Faker wrote:This is way too fast for my brain atm LMAO

I know you're mostly joking but any game with me/you/skitter would be the biggest shitshow, but ~we'll see~
either you're scum and get your shot to humiliate me or we have a nightmare 3p that will ruin us both emotionally this sounds ideal to me
Apparently it’s Catboi. This makes me really sus of Catboi. Can you explain please?
What am I being asked to explain, exactly?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:46 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I have a work fire on my day off. May be VLA for the rest of the day.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:01 pm

Post by catboi »

I'm halfway into rereading absinthe and I don't know if I'm just predisposing myself to reading her scum or what at this point, hard to tell unfortunately.
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:34 pm

Post by Herta »

In post 1745, skitter30 wrote:Tammy is ic'd at gate
Current consensus is ffery is scum there

Catboi/faker were both leaning towards voting me in keep, which is good

And wall is the difficult one
What's making the wall so difficult?
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:45 pm

Post by Herta »

Okay there was no swap w the wall
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:45 pm

Post by catboi »

FWIW though if absinthe is scum I think she's far more likely to be scum with Faker than skitter. I'd explain but I don't actually have to so
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:50 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1928, Herta wrote:
In post 1745, skitter30 wrote:Tammy is ic'd at gate
Current consensus is ffery is scum there

Catboi/faker were both leaning towards voting me in keep, which is good

And wall is the difficult one
What's making the wall so difficult?
opinions for who the scum is there are divided
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:44 pm

Post by Herta »

Yeah but I'm trying to get at why.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:49 pm

Post by catboi »

i dunno man why
is
mafia hard
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:57 pm

Post by Herta »

I'm not trying to be salty. I'm just going back and looking at why Isis Chela and demona are so much harder to read than everyone else. Yeah that's mafia I get it, but there's not really a call for glibness when someone is trying to figure things out from a view of complete ignorance as to what has happened.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:06 pm

Post by catboi »

I didn't think you were being salty. I just don't think there's an actual meaningful answer to be given, at least from my perspective. I have suspected everyone in the Wall at varying points in time. I don't have a high confidence townread on anyone, though Chara is probably the closest after a reread. That's just how the game is, sometimes it's difficult to get a read.

What are you hoping to gain from this question?
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:21 pm

Post by Herta »

Well I want to sort Isis and Chara and gathering everyone's vibe on each of them would help, like you just indicated with Chara. ( I dunno where I got Chela out of Chara so sorry Chara ). This sees like a fairly straightforward game. Have there been any big waves for or against anyone in the wall?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:37 pm

Post by Isis »

I would say the biggest "wave" is Chara indicating 80% confidence in voting for me.
Catboi I don't get why "wall is the hardest game" is a statement immune to "why"s, it's true the game of mafia is hard by default, but you could at least say why the other two have more direction.

Gate has a clear in it, that's part of it
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:40 pm

Post by Isis »

My excitement is pretty hollowed out by the double rep. I don't know how to convert that into "therefore we should do x" I just feel like saying it aloud I guess
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:17 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1917, Tempest wrote:I’m bummed about the replace outs :(

I wanted to ask prism why they seemed that it would be likely for me to be ic’d. There were a few times that prism said something along the lines of it being nice to have a Tammy-clear and iirc it was brought up when there was a decent amount of suspicion on me. Might be nothing, but I remember thinking it was unlikely and it was something I’d made a note about to ask.

I skimmed through yesterday here and there but mostly just to keep somewhat current. I need to work on a reread and actually read everything from yesterday. Probably won’t get that all done tonight. I have some things to finish up with today before I have some free time to get back involved.
Whenever you're done and caught up I'd like to talk things over with you.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:51 pm

Post by Tempest »

Oh wow today has totally gotten away from me. I'm not sure how far I get into my reread tonight as it's getting really late, but I do have much more time tomorrow.

I know that I mentioned wanting to ask Prism a question about the ic, but that's not because I have a scum read there. I do need to reread Prism, but yesterday I thought that they just seemed like they were having fun. There was a lot of more shooting the breeze than solving, but I'm not sure how much that was due to the setup and not alignment. Even within that there were some reads, but the way the reads were presented, it wasn't all that easy to get a read off of it, or at least one I feel confident about. Might feel differently after a reread. One of the reasons why I thought the taunting of me being scum during day one seemed town was because they were just seeming to want to have a good time, and I wondered if he'd want to change the mood created whlle knowing I was town. Do I think it's impossible, no absolutely not, it just didn't go with the vibe. And does Prism try to plant a fake town tell on the opening of day two by saying that he thought that ffery was the one confirmed town? Some people think that things like that are cheap, and frankly I misread it the same exact way, so that felt natural.

I'm going to try to catch up on today's posts before doing any rereading.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:16 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Tipsy math posting. Likely just reading :P

Everyone post a funny meme if you like please.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:30 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 61, Coral wrote:
In post 54, Isis wrote:I quoted 33 because I wanted to ask about quarantining faker in the first game but then I decided to not flood a game that's already 90 mph but I guess I'm asking now. Isn't making a slot miserable -EV?
I think it is. It's definitely +MV, which I would prefer to avoid, even if it is at a minor cost of EV. I want this to be a low Miserableness Value game, if possible.

Faker suggested it in the previous game of this that she played, so it was on my mind that she likely would bring it up again, and I think it's more fun to let her frolick freely in the pastures of her dreams.
What's +MV?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:33 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1175, Isis wrote:VOTE: wall
Note to self when sober look at why Isis voted here.

(I got bored of trying to read while listening to CR. CR is winning lol)
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:33 pm

Post by Coral »

Miserableness Value. Unfortunately I think we (collectively) failed in our goal in minimizing that :(
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:38 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Well we can like increase it right? I know I've had an angry orchard maybe there's like something that made you laugh recently? I'm not good at the funny thing but Critical Role has funny moments some times. :)
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:45 pm

Post by MathBlade »

"Oh we're in the Elemental Plane of Fire, bit far from where you were. "

"I can't just refer to all of you as Bell's Hells, Bell's Hell's, Bell's Hells. "

Help #dying
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:55 pm

Post by Tempest »

It's so cold outside that my furnace is not keeping up brrrr.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:57 pm

Post by MathBlade »

That’s like not good. Are you like able to read or do you wanna reaction test me or something?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:03 pm

Post by Tempest »

I'm reading. I just wanted to complain. It's -10 out and super windy. I think with windchill it's like -35 or something.

Return to “Completed Open Games”