Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:07 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Oh okay. Then complain away if it makes things less miserable. I am just trying to make the game fun for people.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:42 pm

Post by MathBlade »

“You lot are a motley tangled mess…I love it.”
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:49 pm

Post by Coral »

In post 62, catboi wrote:
In post 58, Isis wrote:
In post 44, catboi wrote:someone came out of retirement only to roll scum in this game, what a hilariously cruel fate
Are you calling Faker scum or saying this whole playerlist is retirementers
that was a joke I thought up pregame but I left it intentionally ambiguous to see how people responded. I got some value out of it. Have one strong read.
What was the value you got and the strong read you had at this point?
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:00 pm

Post by Tempest »

Oh I didn't take into account that the town player could hammer themselves. Okay I think I now understand voting mechanics at the keep. And I think I understand why I've seen people say I should make the choice of the voter there.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:10 pm

Post by Coral »

My current take on the Keep, if you're interested, is that if catboi and skitter both agree that they aren't confident in voting Math (looking that way currently), then catboi should vote skitter. I think Math (and Faker) seems the most likely to be town of the group, and I have a little bit of worry about skitter, but if catboi is town and misreading both then the game is likely lost anyway. I think Math slot is easily findable as town here (bracing for egg) and the safest option would be a vote there, but of course that's only possible if the players in the game agree. I think Math being the one to vote would be the worst possible option.

Most likely in my view is still that catboi is scum, and won't vote. Most dangerous in my view is that town Math goes rogue and votes scum if things aren't going according to his views.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:23 pm

Post by Isis »

Leashing the keep
target
a ton is very -MV +EV at this point. Faker repped out we don't have to follow her shit.

We need a flip and the paradox where if Tempest elects a scum voter the scum voter's optimal play is always to say they did not subscribe to the leash newsletter. It's stressing me out when this game is already a quagmire. Just elect someone to win and have at least 2/3 people follow that please.

Especially after the way the convos with Math have gone about mech I would love to simplify this flipless age of empires 2 larp
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:24 pm

Post by Coral »

In post 340, skitter30 wrote:As scum?
I would try to avoid prism/catboi/isis
I think this is probably true, actually. Maybe voting skitter is safe :shifty:
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:25 pm

Post by Isis »

Tammy says someone is a good singer everyone votes that person
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:26 pm

Post by Coral »

I'm sure they all have angelic voices :good:
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:29 pm

Post by Isis »

When I sing a Pokemon's defense decreases two stages
"Well, I..."
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:34 pm

Post by Coral »

Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:37 pm

Post by Coral »

In post 388, skitter30 wrote:My current guess for the scumteam is ffery coral tammy
In post 389, skitter30 wrote:I'm not sure i particularly care where they (or anyone else) goes, i just want to try to herd them to the same spot
Aww, cute. We did it, skitter! We're all in the same spot!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:52 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1959, Isis wrote:When I sing a Pokemon's defense decreases two stages
I think this is false for you :) Please don’t neg.

You boost your Pokémon.

I lost my inner ear when I transitioned. I am calibrated soprano but I can’t find my masc voice.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:07 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1961, Coral wrote:
In post 388, skitter30 wrote:My current guess for the scumteam is ffery coral tammy
In post 389, skitter30 wrote:I'm not sure i particularly care where they (or anyone else) goes, i just want to try to herd them to the same spot
Aww, cute. We did it, skitter! We're all in the same spot!
Congrats that is absolutely 100% the solve gg no re (joking)
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:12 pm

Post by Isis »

I'm gonna be very VLA starting tomorrow but I figure Xmas will affect lots of ppl
"Well, I..."
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:18 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1954, Coral wrote:My current take on the Keep, if you're interested, is that if catboi and skitter both agree that they aren't confident in voting Math (looking that way currently), then catboi should vote skitter. I think Math (and Faker) seems the most likely to be town of the group, and I have a little bit of worry about skitter, but if catboi is town and misreading both then the game is likely lost anyway. I think Math slot is easily findable as town here (bracing for egg) and the safest option would be a vote there, but of course that's only possible if the players in the game agree. I think Math being the one to vote would be the worst possible option.

Most likely in my view is still that catboi is scum, and won't vote. Most dangerous in my view is that town Math goes rogue and votes scum if things aren't going according to his views.
I am confused by this:

You think I am town.

Rules are:

At the Keep, Nutcracker Soldiers must vote on one player. If that player is a Nutcracker Soldier, the Nutcracker Soldiers win; otherwise, the Minions of Summer win.

So you’re asking for a townread of Skitter to vote on a person you scumread, in what world do you expect scum Catboi not to hammer?

I think I am drunk because I don’t get it.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:19 pm

Post by Coral »

Game ends on the 31st. If we wait to flip until after the 25th, we have around 5 days to resolve all three games. Worth considering if we should flip one sooner. Probably is mostly up to Tempest, as our fearless leader.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:19 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Oh well backwards but same difference

Like you’re townreading me…like how does that make sense?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:22 pm

Post by Coral »

In post 1965, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1954, Coral wrote:My current take on the Keep, if you're interested, is that if catboi and skitter both agree that they aren't confident in voting Math (looking that way currently), then catboi should vote skitter. I think Math (and Faker) seems the most likely to be town of the group, and I have a little bit of worry about skitter, but if catboi is town and misreading both then the game is likely lost anyway. I think Math slot is easily findable as town here (bracing for egg) and the safest option would be a vote there, but of course that's only possible if the players in the game agree. I think Math being the one to vote would be the worst possible option.

I am confused by this:

You think I am town.

Rules are:

At the Keep, Nutcracker Soldiers must vote on one player. If that player is a Nutcracker Soldier, the Nutcracker Soldiers win; otherwise, the Minions of Summer win.

So you’re asking for a townread of Skitter to vote on a person you scumread, in what world do you expect scum Catboi not to hammer?

I think I am drunk because I don’t get it.
I don't think anyone should vote for catboi. I would prefer that whoever is town between catboi and skitter find you as town and vote for you. Failing that, I would like skitter to be the one voted. If choosing the person who does the voting, I'd want that to be catboi.

You being the person I townread the most means it's the worst option from my perspective for you to be the one who places the vote. Does that help?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:22 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I get wanting to move the game along but the easiest way for that to happen might be I vote myself. I have to ask the mod a question but I think that works. Then the only way town wins and we achieve a hammer is by hammering me.

However this is drunk math talking so maybe this is a terrible idea.

Someone tell me this is terrible.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:26 pm

Post by Coral »

It's actually an interesting proposal, for everyone in the Keep to place votes on themselves. Worth thinking about! I wouldn't do it immediately without more thought as to any downsides, but it might be smart. It removes the possibility of scum gambiting by voting and trying to hope someone else will panic vote.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:27 pm

Post by Coral »

It's also possible that I'm missing something too and this is a terrible idea for some reason so please don't do it without a sanity check :eek:
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:29 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Okay not horrible cool. I think the intent is someone to be hammered since we vote one player.

But if I vote myself it removes a lot of paranoia of derp hammer. So then Skitter and Catboi likely know what you’re saying is true that I am town versus trying to convince Skitter which much as I misread her she misreads me. And Catboi I don’t have many memorable games with but have played with them so I think that works.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:29 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1971, Coral wrote:It's also possible that I'm missing something too and this is a terrible idea for some reason so please don't do it without a sanity check :eek:
Hence me posting to the thread for the sanity check :)
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:30 pm

Post by Coral »

I guess one downside is that scum can end the mini game immediately if they want to cut off discussion, which is something I was worried about earlier. Probably not worth it, then, unless everyone is already ready to move on?

Return to “Completed Open Games”