Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:15 am

Post by Isis »

I also tr Coral; have a blank for absinthe.

Last time I played with fferyl she was kind of blank to me and I just read her predecessor because she was a replacement.
It's scum indicative that shes not making more of an impression.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:16 am

Post by catboi »

In post 2021, MathBlade wrote:Catboi isn’t screaming “Math is scum” constantly. So if Catboi is the town there’s a possibility they will see I am town and you’re the scum.
So, uh, for the record, the slot you are in replaced out because I got in a huge shitfight with its prior occupant because I had been mostly convinced he was scum. I'm not saying I'm giving you no chance, but. My inclination was toward voting skitter before that happened. You can figure out whether you're okay with that or not.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:17 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2022, skitter30 wrote:i mean tbf that's kinda what i feel like if you're town too
i do want to get there tho >.>

maybe it's easier for me to solve this thru catboi idk
i did strongly think it was prism-town at daystart, just a little worried i was getting snowed
That’s the beauty of it.

This isn’t traditional “find the scum elim them”. It’s convince the world you’re town.

Finding out which of you is scum is secondary to winning.

Whoever votes me causes us to win the mini game and then de facto will have solved it.

My investigation energy is best spent on other games not my own.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:18 am

Post by catboi »

In post 2025, Isis wrote:I also tr Coral; have a blank for absinthe.

Last time I played with fferyl she was kind of blank to me and I just read her predecessor because she was a replacement.
tbf she is V/LA right now and I think there's an inclination to bias yourself toward townread someone if they're actually present and saying stuff like Coral is, but my reread of her ISO didn't give me a whole lot.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:18 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2026, catboi wrote:
In post 2021, MathBlade wrote:Catboi isn’t screaming “Math is scum” constantly. So if Catboi is the town there’s a possibility they will see I am town and you’re the scum.
So, uh, for the record, the slot you are in replaced out because I got in a huge shitfight with its prior occupant because I had been mostly convinced he was scum. I'm not saying I'm giving you no chance, but. My inclination was toward voting skitter before that happened. You can figure out whether you're okay with that or not.
Awesome. /s

No wonder the game state is so tilted.

Then it sounds like we’ve got an uphill battle on both sides not just Skitter’s.

Because I know one of you is wrong.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:26 am

Post by Isis »

In post 2028, catboi wrote:

tbf she is V/LA right now and I think there's an inclination to bias yourself toward townread someone if they're actually present and saying stuff like Coral is, but my reread of her ISO didn't give me a whole lot.
I had the same reads EoD1 when absinthe was active. Actually if I think about it my EoD1 read for the slots that eventually got to keep would be "idk but maybe catboi town?" and that's similar too.

The biggest change d2 for me is cooling a lot on demona's slot, liking Chara more by comparison and figuring out some less paranoid basises for why it picked wall the way it did.

If I decide to play with a little less ego and sheep Coral more I'd rather keep believing I can read Chara rather that squeeze a townread of you I can't seem to articulate well.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:31 am

Post by catboi »

In post 2029, MathBlade wrote:
Awesome. /s

Then it sounds like we’ve got an uphill battle on both sides not just Skitter’s.

I mean, if you're town you don't need to have one of us vote for you to win.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:36 am

Post by catboi »

In post 2030, Isis wrote:
In post 2028, catboi wrote:

I had the same reads EoD1 when absinthe was active. Actually if I think about it my EoD1 read for the slots that eventually got to keep would be "idk but maybe catboi town?" and that's similar too.

The biggest change d2 for me is cooling a lot on demona's slot, liking Chara more by comparison and figuring out some less paranoid basises for why it picked wall the way it did.

If I decide to play with a little less ego and sheep Coral more I'd rather keep believing I can read Chara rather that squeeze a townread of you I can't seem to articulate well.
fair enough re: having the reads day 1, I think even if coral is town there's no particular reason to believe her reads are any good though. I think demona being scum is a distinct possibility, the one thing that gave me pause was her complaining when I fosed her in a way that reminded me of her town response to pressure but I don't know how capable she is of replicating that as scum. I am kind of hoping we just go 2/2 so it doesn't have to be a concern.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:22 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2031, catboi wrote:
In post 2029, MathBlade wrote:
Awesome. /s

I mean, if you're town you don't need to have one of us vote for you to win.
No I literally do.

My skills are well…bad. The best chance we have to win is if one of you votes me.

I do not trust myself to reach the right conclusion.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:51 am

Post by Coral »

In post 2030, Isis wrote:If I decide to play with a little less ego and sheep Coral more I'd rather keep believing I can read Chara rather that squeeze a townread of you I can't seem to articulate well.
I wouldn't recommend sheeping me on Wall at this point :shifty:

A lot of the absinthe interactions made me doubt on Chara and I wouldn't be confident voting there anymore.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:52 am

Post by Coral »

In post 2023, catboi wrote:
In post 2020, skitter30 wrote:@math like from my pov i don't see why scum-you cant vote yourself, so it doesnt really convince me of everything

And i'm confused why you arent trying to solve/talk to catboi
Like even if you think i'm scum i'm confused ehy you wouldnt try to verify that by making sure you do, indeed, townread the other person

@catboi does math change how you're approaching this minigame at all?
I mean, hm, I don't want to act like I'm shutting him out because that would be rude but...so far his behavior feels like he's trying to sell people on voting him more than assessing our alignments. I also think that if I work from an assumption of absinthe being scum, it points more strongly toward you being town and faker being scum.
Can you go into this a little more? I think it points to both of them being town, but more strongly to Faker being town. What do you think Faker was doing with the approach to absinthe?
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:54 am

Post by Coral »

I know you said "I don't actually have to explain this" but I think it's important to support that claim because it seems unbelievable to me.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:33 am

Post by Isis »

It might snow too much for me to go see my partner :(
"Well, I..."
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:20 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 1936, Herta wrote:Well I want to sort Isis and Chara and gathering everyone's vibe on each of them would help, like you just indicated with Chara. ( I dunno where I got Chela out of Chara so sorry Chara ). This sees like a fairly straightforward game. Have there been any big waves for or against anyone in the wall?
Your slot was towered by a few people yesterday for mostly tonal reasons. Isis and Chara have had some suspicion on them from a couple different sources. However, yesterday was mostly a wash as there wasn't a ton of solving from many people since we did a lot of setup talk and trying to put people in their places. Since there wasn't much solving yesterday, or at least any that provided much confidence in reads, most people are resetting and picking up with today.

Have you read Isis and Chara yet? Do you have any thoughts on either of them?
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:21 pm

Post by Tempest »

I'm still finishing up reading yesterday, but I'm home now and will be spending the evening watching tv and catching up here.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:38 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Looking forward to your catch up. I’ve been stuck adulting so haven’t had time to read,

This is an elaborate prod dodge as I am unsure how much time I will have because of Christmas.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:30 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 2036, Coral wrote:I know you said "I don't actually have to explain this" but I think it's important to support that claim because it seems unbelievable to me.
no actually i don't owe you jack shit lmfao
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:04 pm

Post by Coral »

You're right. You don't owe anyone anything. I hope you're enjoying yourself.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:16 pm

Post by Chara »

i hope you're able to see your partner Isis. :<
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:23 pm

Post by Chara »

i do kind of want to flip Gate first, are there thoughts on that?

i don't have much new to say, but... Isis, what are these less paranoid ideas for why i picked Wall how i did? i know we talked about it but given Herta hasn't done much readable to me yet while catching up, we may as well chat if you're up for it.

hoping to see some thoughts from you soon Tempest, the direction would be really appreciated if you're able.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:24 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 2041, catboi wrote:
In post 2036, Coral wrote:I know you said "I don't actually have to explain this" but I think it's important to support that claim because it seems unbelievable to me.
no actually i don't owe you jack shit lmfao
i am still curious about the apparent strength of your reads on Coral/absinthe, i don't see what's so bad about absinthe's reads that you think she isn't informed, if that's what you were saying.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:26 pm

Post by absinthe »

I'm back. May or may not catch up tonight.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:31 pm

Post by Chara »

so, here's why i don't think skitter is scum. kitty's expressed intentions to vote her for the whole day, so even if skitter is scum who is scumread by Math, it's fine if she just waits for kitty to eventually vote her and keeps playing how she is, but the way she's approaching Mathblade and the timing of her frustrations doesn't fit for me for scum skitter who doesn't need Math's vote to begin with when kitty is here strongly favouring the skitter vote and (since kitty's town in this scum skitter scenario) presumably trustworthy to put his vote where his mouth is.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:36 pm

Post by Chara »

i'm not saying scum skitter doesn't try to speak yo town Mathblade like she is now, i just don't think she has this underlying feeling of frustration.

and edit while writing this followup post: i'm less sure than i was of this after a reread, skitter's not really as *heavy sigh* as i remember which is annoying, she could be playing cautious while she waits out kitty's vote i suppose.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:38 pm

Post by Chara »

we probably win Keep as long as no one votes catboi anyways, so i suppose it's fine?

Return to “Completed Open Games”