Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #2050 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:53 pm

Post by Chara »

absinthe/kitty/Isis updated scumteam guess. Isis and herta are at a closer level than i'd like though.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2051 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:55 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 413, Chara wrote:kitty/Tempest/absinthe is my early call. Isis could replace one.
i felt like so much has happened and yet the only change to my teamcall was one of them getting mod confirmed town and so getting replaced...
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2052 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:55 pm

Post by Chara »

wait, i guessed that team before we even split up into the minigames, now i want it to be right so badly.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2053 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:21 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 2030, Isis wrote:The biggest change d2 for me is cooling a lot on demona's slot, liking Chara more by comparison and figuring out some less paranoid basises for why it picked wall the way it did.
On day one, you suggested that chara can read you quite well, but if you're town it's reading you wrong and that doesn't seem to bother you or make you feel suspicious towards it at all?
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2054 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:32 pm

Post by Tempest »

In post 2044, Chara wrote:i do kind of want to flip Gate first, are there thoughts on that?
I'm not sure. With me and absinthe being away the past couple days, I don't think that I can make a decision any time soon especially with Christmas coming up. I don't know how much time we want between each place being solved.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #2055 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:33 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 2053, Tempest wrote:
In post 2030, Isis wrote:The biggest change d2 for me is cooling a lot on demona's slot, liking Chara more by comparison and figuring out some less paranoid basises for why it picked wall the way it did.
On day one, you suggested that chara can read you quite well, but if you're town it's reading you wrong and that doesn't seem to bother you or make you feel suspicious towards it at all?
It bothers me and it's a significant negative. It can be "one of those games" but there's advantage to scum!Chara staticcing the read.

It hasn't really reissued a verdict on a bunch of day2 play until now.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2056 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:33 pm

Post by Isis »

Herta are you scum
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2057 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:34 pm

Post by Coral »

In post 2045, Chara wrote:
In post 2041, catboi wrote:
In post 2036, Coral wrote:I know you said "I don't actually have to explain this" but I think it's important to support that claim because it seems unbelievable to me.
no actually i don't owe you jack shit lmfao
i am still curious about the apparent strength of your reads on Coral/absinthe, i don't see what's so bad about absinthe's reads that you think she isn't informed, if that's what you were saying.
I interpreted it this way at first as well, but makes it sound like he's talking about me. I think his current stated perspective is that I am town who isn't worth talking to.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2058 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:35 pm

Post by Isis »

*hadn't
"Well, I..."
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2059 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:37 pm

Post by Coral »

I am somewhat heavily doubting that Chara in a team with catboi/absinthe would encourage that solve, knowing that Wall will likely flip last.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2060 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:38 pm

Post by Isis »

I probably would have to be annoyed at progression more than I can actually subscribe to "read correctly or r scum"
That's not that reliable in mafia.
"Well, I..."
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2061 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:39 pm

Post by Coral »

I think Herta is more likely than Isis, with the extremely underwhelming replace in being a factor in that.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2062 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:45 pm

Post by Isis »

Chara!scum seems like the only case where this minigame can be win
Chara deciding me wrong for game would make me big sad
"Well, I..."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2063 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:03 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 2062, Isis wrote:Chara!scum seems like the only case where this minigame can be win
Chara deciding me wrong for game would make me big sad
if scum is Herta i promise to figure it out! if you're town please don't take this to mean that i'm convinced you're scum, i imagine it looks that way on the surface but i've been wavering a lot more on it than my posts are showing, i just don't know if i have anything useful to say on the matter or poke at right now. i know you want me to look at your Day 2 play but it so far hasn't really swayed me one way or another and nothing's jumped out at me to poke at besides what i already asked about. if you want me to look at something in particular i can.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2064 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:04 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 2050, Chara wrote:absinthe/kitty/Isis updated scumteam guess. Isis and herta are at a closer level than i'd like though.
herta going down and Isis going up from the 80% confidence i was at previously ^

part of that is demona's day 2 but before i could dig into anything i wanted to talk about there was a replace so, i'd rather just read Herta when they're caught up and/or playing with the present game.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2065 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:06 pm

Post by Chara »

though, have i been able to correctly read you as town before, Isis? the only game i can clearly remember is the one you pointed to where you were scum.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2066 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:12 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 2044, Chara wrote:i don't have much new to say, but... Isis, what are these less paranoid ideas for why i picked Wall how i did? i know we talked about it but given Herta hasn't done much readable to me yet while catching up, we may as well chat if you're up for it.
quoting this as well so you see it.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2067 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:14 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 2059, Coral wrote:I am somewhat heavily doubting that Chara in a team with catboi/absinthe would encourage that solve, knowing that Wall will likely flip last.
yes, it'd be rather difficult to win if i was bussing both of my teammates in their respective minigames when the wincon is 2/3 minigames won. :>
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2068 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:16 pm

Post by Chara »

is it silly to think scum kitty is scumreading Coral/townreading absinthe so he looks uninformed upon an absinthe scumflip?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2069 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:18 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 2065, Chara wrote:though, have i been able to correctly read you as town before, Isis? the only game i can clearly remember is the one you pointed to where you were scum.
You have not! You saw me play town when you were scum one time.
It is hard to expect you would have a broken clock scumread manner of reading me, I just figure since you like me and usually don't misunderstand my play methods of anything you probably have a centered calibration. But not data based.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2070 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:24 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 2066, Chara wrote:
In post 2044, Chara wrote:i don't have much new to say, but... Isis, what are these less paranoid ideas for why i picked Wall how i did? i know we talked about it but given Herta hasn't done much readable to me yet while catching up, we may as well chat if you're up for it.
Less paranoid is, the reason you gave, pumping your own Joy Value, getting EV off of reading me. More paranoid was placating me, or not realizing at first that a townie asking you on a third wheel date gets you 2/3rds of the way to setting up a no-swap-neccaary hood but acknowledging the offer and accepting it later when that sunk in. Or thinking you could get buy-in on mislimming me after I talked you up.
"Well, I..."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2071 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:24 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 2069, Isis wrote:You have not! You saw me play town when you were scum one time.
It is hard to expect you would have a broken clock scumread manner of reading me, I just figure since you like me and usually don't misunderstand my play methods of anything you probably have a centered calibration. But not data based.
makes sense. i
would
say confidently that my calibration as you put it is properly balanced... at least in my own view. what i am wondering is why my misread of you in this case is a reason for you to think i'm scum, rather than simply wrong. you also had me as scum by default (due to demona town), which put us in similar situations to each other at the start of day 2, barring of course that i had the independent scumread as well.

also: was that scumgame of mine Silent Star, or something else?
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2072 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:27 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 2070, Isis wrote:
In post 2066, Chara wrote:
Less paranoid is, the reason you gave, pumping your own Joy Value, getting EV off of reading me. More paranoid was placating me, or not realizing at first that a townie asking you on a third wheel date gets you 2/3rds of the way to setting up a no-swap-neccaary hood but acknowledging the offer and accepting it later when that sunk in. Or thinking you could get buy-in on mislimming me after I talked you up.
the phrase Joy Value makes me think of the Lisa Games. that would be a fun setup theme.

thanks for the answer.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2073 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:32 pm

Post by Chara »

do you want to talk about the Keep? i'm curious as to your thoughts on skitter/kitty/Math. particularly given catboi has expressed a willingness to vote skitter, while Math and skitter are currently scumreading each other.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2074 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:35 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 2071, Chara wrote:
In post 2069, Isis wrote:You have not! You saw me play town when you were scum one time.
makes sense. i
would
say confidently that my calibration as you put it is properly balanced... at least in my own view. what i am wondering is why my misread of you in this case is a reason for you to think i'm scum, rather than simply wrong. you also had me as scum by default (due to demona town), which put us in similar situations to each other at the start of day 2, barring of course that i had the independent scumread as well.

also: was that scumgame of mine Silent Star, or something else?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86100
I investigated you for the win in a past game, that was the other side of the coin of wanting to play a game with you :]
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Open Games”