Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #7850 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:37 pm

Post by Past Present Future »

In post 7848, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 7846, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:The most likely theory I landed on is that Lunar are priming people & will maybe activate their primed targets at some point like an arsonist does, but I don't know - even this theory I'm not particularly confident in.
If this is indeed true, then I'll be more suspicious of Meuh because Lunar have not targeted her in spite of mastina fullclaiming on Day 1. But again, idk wtf is really going on with Lunar & mastina has some associatives with both flipped factions that make her slot look good
I really don’t understand what Lunar’s doing, so maybe but I still think d1 wagon’s point to Meuh town because 3 flipped scum were on it.

RR, Maid and MMR were all hard gunning for Mastina, so I think Mastina d1 wagon is probably suss. Is it likely that MMR was the only lunar on that?

It looked to me that both teams wanted her dead.
It’s the end of the world as you know it and we feel fine.

Hydra of Titus, Auro and Nancy Drew 39
Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7851 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:43 pm

In post 1142, MegAzumarill wrote:
A reminder that discussing future games with threats/promises based on how events unfold in this game is considered OGI and is against site rules. This is an official warning to mastina and if there is another such infraction/ continuation of this one I will be forced to replace the slot.

Spoiler: Offending Post
In post 1141, mastina wrote:
In post 1134, mastina wrote:
In post 1127, T-Bone wrote:
In post 1098, mastina wrote:(The irony is not lost on me that normal mastina would see the post I just made as scum, believe me. I am quite aware of the sheer irony of how I would be pushing myself for making that post, in spite of me knowing that it’s town, and that me talking about it would make me even more sure it came from scum. The likes of Roden are probably laughing their asses off at the karmic irony.)
So the thing you maybe don't see is that you were already doing it.

I'm going to remind you of my philosophy to scum hunting, not so that we can argue, but so that maybe you could see what I see. Not every post is alignment indicative. Most posts a player makes are NAI, and what separates town and scum is finding the few that are.

Here's what I clocked very early from the game, before you described what you described in 1097. It is clear to me you have a vision of what town!Mastina needs to look like, and you are trying to make every post you make conform to that vision. If you are town, I would say needlessly. But you kinda voiced what I was observing all along.

What separates this for me from being something that is NAI, is your post #729 where you cite your first two posts of the game as some part of your master plan to catch scum. And I think you know what I know, that you were trying to play this up as something town!Mastina does. I don't know if you believe it for real. But I think you believe that other people would believe it, and that's why you made those parts of #729.

Normally I wouldn't sit here and explain to you why you're scum, because one way or another you know the truth. But maybe if we're to salvage the game in case you are town, considering another point of view on you might be helpful.

To me, #729 and some other bits of Mastina's posting shows me that she is trying to play the part of town!Mastina rather than be a town player. I think it's well documented how much Mastina believes in meta, and I think she believes in it so much that she feels forced to try and project her meta onto her gameplay. This isn't necessarily scum-indicative on its own, I think Mastina would do it to some extent as town. But from my point of view it crossed the line of town!Mastina needing to play a certain way to scum!Mastina needing everyone else to see a certain vision of her play.

Hopefully that bit of insight helps others too who are not sure what to think about Mastina.
This would be a good point if not for one crucial factor you leave out.

Living up to the concept of mastina is not exclusive to scumastina. (That, aside from how scumastina genuinely doesn't care to try to be town mastina, because scumastina has her own style which works in spite of being night/day different. Scumastina doesn’t even try to look like town mastina, because she knows that town mastina is a liability to try and mimic. I don't need to look like town as scum, nor do I need to effort nor force an elimination. All I need to do is not be the default elimination for a day, and let the town eliminate town. I don't need to push town, nor power town S scum. Because just the bare minimum works better as scum.)

I have a strong drive to live up to the ideal of mastina as town, too. Because mastina is an IDEA, a CONCEPT.
mastina is a philosophy.

The philosophy is different as different alignments. Scumastina, find the easiest least effort path to victory where I can be the laziest.

Town mastina, to be a charismatic unwavering force of nature. Unrelenting. Never giving up on true beliefs, and holding plenty of them.

I always feel the pressure of trying to live up to the expectation, and usually I do.

But this he'll week, I just can't.

I give up on being mastina.
Oh worth mentioning:
You're right about one thing tho:

I know my meta best.

I know me better than everyone else.

When I am scum, I know exactly how scum I am. I know that I am not playing to my towngame. I might--justifiably--feel like certain aspects of my play are dead on mimicking my towngame, but while I might fake a post saying as much, no, I never truly believe that I have perfected a town-mastina guise as scumastina. Not only would doing so be detrimental even if I succeeded, but also the task is literally impossible.

You cannot mimic the full package of my towngame. It’s literally impossible. I fundamentally think differently as town versus scum. Language use, emotions, everything is night and day different. (We suspect that it’s literally different facets playing, but since we haven't had a scumgame since our plurality breakthrough, we wouldn't know yet. We'll have to rand scum to actually test that.)

If it's quite literally an entirely different person playing when town vs. Scum, then that person cannot fully pretend to be the other. (Which is why we don’t actually try.)

So with that said:

We know our meta, and thus, we know that we were not outside of it. In fact, we're doubling down on this statement:

This is the towniest game that we have EVER played in our entire mafia career. We have NEVER been this more clearly town. EVER.

I can't manage to be mastina right now, but that doesn't change how I still know what my meta is, and how I was in my town meta more clearly than I have ever been before. Literally the towniest game I have EVER had.

So l
et me reiterate:
If I am eliminated, then EVERY town player has their reading rights on me revoked PERMANENTLY.
My not being able to be mastina doesn't remove that I was still clearly town in spite of struggling to be mastina. In fact it's quite literally the exact opposite.

So I will quote this in EVERY future game you play with me in whereyou so much as HINT at having me south as null.
I. Will. NOT. Let. You. Forget.

Because I am NOT having an "off game".
I'm not able to be mastina, but I AM able to be clearly town anyway.
This IS my town self.
Try to fucking pretend it wasn't as much as you'd like. I know myself better than you do. I know my meta better than you do. So I know that I was playing to my town meta here.
And thus, future you has ZERO wiggling room to claim otherwise.

If you can't see that I'm town here, you can't fucking see that I am town in ANY game. PERIOD. Because if you can't see me as town in the towniest game that I have ever had, you can't see me as town at all.
This is the post that I have trouble seeing scum!Mastina making.

Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7852 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:03 pm

In post 7806, Ydrasse wrote:*inhale* ok

enchant, csf, ppf can be town
enchant for doing all that aggregating of info, normally i think doing something like that is +wolf because it's busy work that looks towny but for enchant i think it's probably just trying to help.
csf for mech stuff, protective
ppf i think is town for the progression on me, i feel like the slot would have arbitrarily found a way to swap onto me a long time before but they've spent a long time wibble-wobbling around me, defending me some, and ultimately ended up on me but it doesn't seem like it's a really happy or firm vote that's being... paraded? like lamisty "i do this thing" which i expect from the active head
In post 7807, Ydrasse wrote:with a grain of salt, professor could be town
the salt is bcuz i dont think ive seen drap's wolf game but this is the town game? loud and insistent on what he believes and like, demanding to be listened to and followed i.e. "we aren't doing this!"
i think this is something that should be meta-checked though if anyone wants to do the work because i am uh. not doign it this game sorry lol my mind is mushy
I don’t think scum!Ydrasse makes these posts. I think she’s probably more likely to push Enchant. Think I’m going to take another look at Fire, T-Bone, Magician.

Mastina was hard convinced on FA!scum. She never really explained this and while I really like Junko and Magician, Scarf was hella wolfy.

And Fire claimed an inno on Junko iirc despite claiming vt.

I really think scum wanted Mastina dead and I will die on thar hill.

Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7853 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:14 pm

In post 150, MMR wrote:
In post 147, Save The Dragons wrote:I'm probably overreacting.

Mastina is a slot I'd like to sort later. I think this is just what she does and if it's entirely random she's scum but if it makes some sense she's probably town. I am leaning toward the latter.
I don't think that you are overreacting.

definitely reads like shade, to me, coming from FA.
It's completely understandable and NAI to not understand the mech in a closed setup.
VOTE: FA
-Rubella
Hmmm . . . gth looks like possible STD pocket and possible FA distancing? MMR was extremely involved in. FA/STD interactions.

Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7854 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:37 pm

In post 3999, MMR wrote:
In post 3993, Firebringer wrote:
In post 3990, MMR wrote:
In post 3988, MathBlade wrote:
Intent to vote MMR which will likely result in hammer as people said they are sheeping me will move

Get last thoughts in soon. Probably 30 minutes ish til I vote
This hardly qualifies as intent to hammer. Standard protocol is generally 24 hours.
~Mumps
What
What I am saying is that this is merely MathBlade posturing. If he truly wanted to give us time to give final reads, he would give at least 24 hours.

Anyway, my reads (which are totally not vetted by my partners) is something like PPF, mastina, and MathBlade are all scum. Yume, furtive, Dingle Dangle, Enchant, and T-Bone are town. No opinion on everyone else.
~Mumps
In post 4273, MMR wrote:Scarf and T-Bone are Town.
I think that Math and DDS could be Traitors.
Final reads.
-Rubella
In post 4282, MMR wrote:In particular, I feel like Firebringer's vote feels like he's trying to secure a mislim before the replacements get a chance to express a opinion on us.
Also, he didn't seem to express intent to hammer.
-Rubella
I’m going to reread Scarf again. I thought that his DDS push was kind of strange and he even threatened me if I didn’t vote Mastina but I liked Junko and Magician seems fine but I never really understood the Scarf trs. And there was also this weird thing with Scarf wanting furtive limmed but not be on his wagon, which is something I did when I was scum in Undertale.

Like why say that you want a slot limmed but not be on it?

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7855 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:58 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 7802, professotic wrote:What’s your read on them now?
Did it change? How did it change?
well i thought CSF was solar with Meuh.
Now i don't think Meuh is solar since the RR and POrkens flips.

so now i dont
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #7856 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:25 am

Post by Firebringer »

Lukewarm wrote:
In post 857, Firebringer wrote:We have 2260 right now in the bank.
Now that a number has been said, I think fire should claim all gold numbers. Starting numbers, how much spent on investments each night, how much of a return they got.

Like, now that a hard number has been said, the big secret it kind if out imo, and he should out the whole accounting log to be scrutinized
dead thread luke wanted an audit of me.
Listen this would require me even tracking all the money spent.
I would have to be like a real life accountant to do that. Which I am. But thats my day job. I am here for memes
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
professotic
professotic
Goon
professotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7857 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:38 am

Post by professotic »

In post 7842, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 7839, professotic wrote:
In post 7594, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 4299, MegAzumarill wrote:You are a Lunar Starmaster

While you are alive, whenever your faction successfully performs a factional action on a player, you will passively learn the role of the target. If your faction targets a member of the Solar Cult, you will receive a result of vanilla, regardless of the target's role.
[REDACTED]
You win when your faction makes up half of the living players, and no members of the Solar Cult are alive.
This role doesn't really make sense with recruitment. Why would scum need to learn the role of their target if they've recruited them into their cult?

Ugh, the
theory of delayed kills
really made a lot of sense with MMR and
dds
' roles, but i feel like we would've seen someone die by now

Explain DDS. How does it make sense?
I don't have a satisfactory answer as to what Lunar has been doing.

My townread on DDS is based on dayplay. DDS has been providing original analysis - I don't actually agree with some of their analysis, but when I probe them about it, they've shown that their analysis can hold water and that they've been thinking deeply about the game behind the scenes.
You deflected this you didn’t respond correctly, let me bold it for you.
I think you slipped partners with Dingle here.
professotic
professotic
Goon
professotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7858 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:39 am

Post by professotic »

I think you have TMI cause like I don’t understand why you think Dingle’s role means delayed kills.
professotic
professotic
Goon
professotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7859 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:40 am

Post by professotic »

In post 7843, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 7837, professotic wrote:That’s really fucking bad solve lmao.

Firebringer is fine but the Lunar solve you have is a fucking joke.

After what both have done your just gonna continue with your read on them?
It’s a lazy “oh I’ll just name the low posters” wolf pin.
It’s something a wolf does, again makes me believe you to be a wolf here.
No offense, but you're literally trying to hero solve by clinging onto what is possible instead of probable. I think I have blatantly been trying to solve, and you're letting people coast because ________ (fill in the blank).

If mastina is scum, why does my slot try to save her? And furthermore, why does my PoE not make sense to you?
If I wasn’t trying to hero solve, Porkens and RR wouldn’t have went over.
So nice try.
professotic
professotic
Goon
professotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7860 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:42 am

Post by professotic »

In post 7849, Past Present Future wrote:
In post 7792, professotic wrote:
In post 7791, Firebringer wrote:enchant wagon bad
ydrasse wagon better
I think they’re both bad.

I personally wouldn’t mind Dingle or CSF.
But Dangle confirmed their role. They said if you get targeted you get a mod message telling you who and we also know that RR lied, so not understanding this.

And we know now that Solar has an nk right, so I think CSF role sounds believable.

And I think I’m pretty much cleared from Mathblade not being targeted at noon 1 because no way Titus wouldn’t have killed him if we were scum here.
Their role also makes sense for Lunar to counter Solar.
professotic
professotic
Goon
professotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7861 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:46 am

Post by professotic »

In post 7855, Firebringer wrote:
In post 7802, professotic wrote:What’s your read on them now?
Did it change? How did it change?
well i thought CSF was solar with Meuh.
Now i don't think Meuh is solar since the RR and POrkens flips.

so now i dont
Why can’t they be Lunar?
I think it’s a more likelier probability.

Also the way MMR took stance day 1 I got weird vibes from it and so did your previous slot owner FA.
Usually that means you aren’t Lunar and I believe that and I am at a PoE here.
My Lunar PoE would be exactly: Dingle, Yume (CSF), T-Bone and Magician but Mastina becomes a thing if T-Bone is Lunar. But it’s just that I really don’t believe that Magician is a wolf cause their slot owners have all been Townie AF.
professotic
professotic
Goon
professotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7862 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:47 am

Post by professotic »

Hero Solving is Fantastic, I encourage it.

Cause when you Hero Solve and take down wolves it shows everyone that you pushed hard for that and they flipped wolf and it makes you obvious town.
So when I bury a Lunar here, you will see how I am obvious town and also that I can win this game for us.
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7863 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:58 am

Post by Dingle Dangle Scarecrow »

In post 7747, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I am a Town Guardian. I can put a shield in front of someone every Night (read: not Noons). The shield can protect from kills & negative effects and is effective from that Night until the following Night (so it can shield from dayvigs as well as kills/negative effects during Noons).

My targets were:

Night 1: Meuh
Night 2: Meuh
Night 3: DDS

So my shield is in front of DDS right now
I am really concerned that this full claimed role says nothing about CSF's previously-discussed ability to tell if someone is targeted by negative effects.

If CSF also has that ability, it seems really strange to leave that out of the full claim post.

I'm trying to figure out how I feel about this, because I otherwise have a very strong townread on this slot from both players.

Bella has also just said something completwly independently about feeling like CSF has perspective slipped that we're town in a place that she can't remember. But I'll let her expand on that herself.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7864 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:00 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 7862, professotic wrote:Hero Solving is Fantastic, I encourage it.

Cause when you Hero Solve and no one listens to you, you die and everyone forget your reads existed, you can flex about being right after game.

professotic spoke based facts
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7865 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:01 am

Post by Enchant »

Anyway i oversleep so uh can we pressure professotic for a bit because i have feeling "3 scum confirmed" is something he taked as scum information from role PM, like i am not really sure how he did that.
Wizard-Mercenary

Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7866 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:02 am

I'm not going to just call CSF scum on flimsy evidence without proper reconsideration. But at least know that I'm taking the possibility a lot more seriously than I was previously.
professotic
professotic
Goon
professotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7867 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:15 am

Post by professotic »

In post 7864, Enchant wrote:

Cause when you Hero Solve and no one listens to you, you die and everyone forget your reads existed, you can flex about being right after game.

You’re not allowed to change what I post.
That’s against the rules buddy.
I’ll leave you with my own warning cause I don’t think you should be mod warned but yeah try not to fake quotes.
professotic
professotic
Goon
professotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7868 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:17 am

Post by professotic »

In post 7865, Enchant wrote:Anyway i oversleep so uh can we pressure professotic for a bit because i have feeling "3 scum confirmed" is something he taked as scum information from role PM, like i am not really sure how he did that.
You can pressure me if you want but I still believe it to be 3 players from each side and i still remember seeing it somewhere but I guess I was mistaken?
professotic
professotic
Goon
professotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7869 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:18 am

Post by professotic »

In post 7866, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:I'm not going to just call CSF scum on flimsy evidence without proper reconsideration. But at least know that I'm taking the possibility a lot more seriously than I was previously.
Can’t tell if your town or your Lunar with them and noticed I have been figuring shit out so you’re trying to drop from the shield on CSF so you don’t immediately get sus’ed after a CSF!Lunar flip.
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7870 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:34 am

Your logic has been very consistently poor and holds zero weight with me.
professotic
professotic
Goon
professotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7871 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:35 am

Post by professotic »

It’s not poor lol.
professotic
professotic
Goon
professotic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7872 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:35 am

Post by professotic »

How is it Poor?
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7873 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:43 am

I have zero interest in arguing that with you, I don't believe it will lead to anything productive or game-advancing and would largely distract from anything we could otherwise be doing.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7874 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:44 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 7868, professotic wrote:
In post 7865, Enchant wrote:Anyway i oversleep so uh can we pressure professotic for a bit because i have feeling "3 scum confirmed" is something he taked as scum information from role PM, like i am not really sure how he did that.
You can pressure me if you want but I still believe it to be 3 players from each side and i still remember seeing it somewhere but I guess I was mistaken?
In post 7867, professotic wrote:
In post 7864, Enchant wrote:

You’re not allowed to change what I post.
That’s against the rules buddy.
I’ll leave you with my own warning cause I don’t think you should be mod warned but yeah try not to fake quotes.

Can you quote this rule
Wizard-Mercenary

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”