Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:35 pm

Post by Isis »

i wanted colon bracket why does the forum constructed a smiley gr
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:42 pm

Post by Isis »

I think being unwilling to believe you got it wrong this once is the less rational part of me. Zooming and taking a breath I should acknowledge that misreading me in a 3p is part of the universes.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:44 pm

Post by Chara »

oh yes you were Lucy! i remember now. so i don't have experience reading town Isis, but i do have experience getting handcuffed and put away by her, which is better in some ways.

i don't think this will help me read you this game, but it is fun context. i'm not about to say that your play feeling different that single game as compared to this one is AI at all, as i'd resent the same being applied to me and have ranted about it enough in previous games.

pedit: haha, 'this once', after we've just established i've only ever played with you as town in a single game. cut poor Chara some slack, i am doing my best. :>
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:52 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 2073, Chara wrote:do you want to talk about the Keep? i'm curious as to your thoughts on skitter/kitty/Math. particularly given catboi has expressed a willingness to vote skitter, while Math and skitter are currently scumreading each other.
catboi was a strong favorite before and still a soft favorite now but I don't like the way he's interacting with Coral.
skitter is having a hedgey game of lightweight thoughts, I don't know if that's just how she plays but I feel worried that the structure of the minigame is a great reason for her to find a million hedged thoughts about the game. I don't want to impose my read of skitter on other people X.X
I've surprisingly never played with Math and am not used to how he does mafia. His predecessor kind of did a mix of making me feel like she was breaking even her own range but had some day 1 play I didn't really like, which might be less WIFOMed to think about than the rock flinging season.
I would say catboi>MathBlade>skitter but all of those triangles are way softer than my solve of Barracks or Gate or whichever AoE2 structure the other minigame is named after that has Coral in it.
"Well, I..."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:02 pm

Post by Chara »

i did that thing where i start clicking into ISO's while writing my post because i know the post will be there when i navigate back to the page (instead of making a new tab).
then i finished what i was doing and thought "okay done, time to go send the post" so i closed the tab before remembering it was the same tab and i should have hit the back button a few times instead of closing it.

but the point was supposed to be that i've played a fair bit with Math, at least enough to know that Math's play so far has been very Mathlike and in line with his usual town methodology, caveat being it's not like he can't use that methodology as scum because he's very aware of his own patterns. what remains to be seen is whether he's actually uninformed.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:08 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 2078, Isis wrote:skitter is having a hedgey game of lightweight thoughts, I don't know if that's just how she plays but I feel worried that the structure of the minigame is a great reason for her to find a million hedged thoughts about the game. I don't want to impose my read of skitter on other people X.X
i sort of feel the same regarding skitter, but i also feel like that is just how she tends to express herself,

catboi being the only member of the Keep that isn't campaigning for himself to be the vote is interesting and probably the singular thing i am trying to explore from a scum kitty perspective right now. because the smart play as scum (to me) is to pretend to favour a townie while of course trying to be the vote yourself, but that only works if you actually manage to be voted by one of those townies. of course, kitty wouldn't be able to know that Math would replace in, would have reason to favour skitter for town over Prism (wants skitter's vote), etc.
that both skitter and Math are asking to be voted because they aren't confident making a decision between the remaining two is.. problematic, though in skitter's case she's communicated her willingness to vote catboi as well, i believe?

i don't know, a lot of thoughts bouncing around on the Keep that are based on how i'd navigate this scenario as Keep scum, but none of these three are me so it may be an exercise in futility.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:38 pm

Post by Tempest »

When I read through today, I didn't see anything wrong with demona. Not a whole lot of solving but the replace out cut some of that off. However, herta doing really nothing but asking for the vibe of his placement and wondering why his room was the hardest is concerning.
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:39 pm

Post by Tempest »

I was going to post that a little bit ago but saw that you guys were talking and I wanted to see how that went, so I put off posting and now I'm tired. Next two days are going to be a little bit tough to work around, but I will have some time.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:59 am

Post by MathBlade »

Did Chara just do a ton of pages of stock in Waffle House?

Eg with me specifically “Math seems like he’s in his town meta but it’s fakeable so wait and see if he’s informed”

Non stance stances suck.

Can anyone explain why they townread it? I don’t understand.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:00 am

Post by MathBlade »

Town!Chara tends to be way more opinionated this is weird.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:11 pm

Post by Chara »

Chara is sooo opinionated as scum and as town and sometimes it's sooo wishy washy as town and also as scum

also i lost the post where i talked about why i thought you were probably town, the point is i want to continue to read you but i'm not going to lock you just because you look like town meta when i haven't played mafia with you in such a long time
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:11 pm

Post by Chara »

Merry Chrimus i'm not v/la but i am checked out
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:15 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

GUMDROP GATE
[1]
absinthe:
Coral
[0]
Coral:

[2]
Not voting:
absinthe,
Tempest

WAFER WALL
[0]
Herta:

[0]
Isis:

[0]
Chara:

[3]
Not voting:
Herta, Isis, Chara

KRAMPUS KEEP
[0]
MathBlade:

[0]
skitter30:

[0]
catboi:

[3]
Not voting:
MathBlade, skitter30, catboi

MOD NOTES
• Adding some extra time to the deadline for the holidays. The day will now end in (expired on 2023-01-02 09:19:18)

• have fun!

• v/la: absinthe

free candy cane
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:56 pm

Post by catboi »

I don't have time for this tonight happy holidays
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:01 pm

Post by Chara »

happy holidays kitty!
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:17 pm

Post by catboi »

thanks, you too~
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:30 pm

Post by absinthe »

Happy holidays! Hope you enjoy however you spend tonight, tomorrow.

I probably won't be around until late late Sunday.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:39 am

Post by MathBlade »

Happy holidays!
GTKAS -- MathBlade
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:27 am

Post by skitter30 »

happy holidays all

my motivation's kinda dipped ngl

my ideal solution to keep is catboi/math voting me but that seems, like, increasing unlikely
herta not doing anything is probably like not ai but idk how to read the slot
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:50 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1625, skitter30 wrote:Actually rereading today's posts i think coral looks a lot more townir than she did yesterday
You’re calling Coral town.

Town Coral says I shouldn’t vote.

How do you reconcile this with the optimal strategy of I vote you?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:05 am

Post by skitter30 »

I don't really see a reason to trust her strategy over mine
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:58 am

Post by Coral »

I would expect anyone in the Keep to have a different perspective on how they would like to solve the Keep from someone outside the Keep, since they have an extra piece of information.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:59 am

Post by Coral »

also, happy holidays!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2022 2:37 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i kinda reskimmed ffery's iso and there's like a lot of words but not a lot of towntelling or solving
and i'm not really sure still that i really see all the 'pressure' that faker was putting on her to go to keep, where was that happening ?

i don't really see much reason to townread her still
Show
Hiatus once more.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:44 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I claim food coma and back to the airport tomorrow.

Happy holidays.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Open Games”