BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:23 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 493, Baron Kirkholm Uttgart wrote:I don’t really agree with these analyses of chazary- yes, his posts started longer, but they displayed the same thing as ones now do, which is for me a town trying to contribute, but not with a lot to say.
For anyone wondering, I think this post makes Baron very likely to be town.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Townie
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:24 pm

Post by Baron Kirkholm Uttgart »

In post 747, biancospino wrote:
In post 734, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I think you're continuing the change in playstyle of being as appease-y as possible.

I also think that you might actually be town but that's more down to Chazary coming across as demotivated scum more than anything you have done.

As far as I'm concerned, as long as we elim you and Chazary, we win. So I'm not particularly fussed on the order.
You keep identifying groups of two people that, if we lim, we win the game, but keep changing who those people are. I don't think it's a good look
, as I already remarked it feels an excessively emotionally charged language. That said, it is true that we can't lose if we determine a group of 3 or less people among which there is the remaining mafioso (since we have 2 free mislims before ELo); by the point of view of you!town, such subset should be fairly apparent, so I found quite strange how you left Baron out in post #734, that's why I asked you about it.

But yes, I'm with you that Baron has been acting weird, and that last post very much was not the promised case on Red, or rather it was kind of a case but so very lazy as to not be really anything. And it was also weird how "Red did some scummy things, and Chaz also but not really" had as it conclusion "My n1 suspicion is still on BBT". This all feels wrong.

I'm gonna be real honest, among the four slots we are feeling to be reddish rn (BBT, Red, Baron, Chaz) I'm not seeing anyone I'm confortable in saying they're most likely town. However, atm I personally (and I imagine at least Brick may disagree) have Red as the least red of the bunch (pun unintended), since while it is true that there have been a noticeable shift in playstyle, there are some things I would deem slightly weird to come from Red!scum; for instance, while Red disincentiving Brick to vote Chaz was indeed peraphs a bit hypocritical, the reasoning seemed sound to me, and notably I don't really see a reason why Red!scum would have done that (unless it was to make them look town, which is possible enough that I'm not quite TRing Red). It really sucks to have a deep red slot, Chaz, be silent.

I don't know yet if I want to lim Baron today. I'm not strongly opposed to it, so VOTE: Baron. But I don't think we should let the day end before Chaz or a sub say something, as it feels like we're missing a pretty important puzzlepiece otherwise
The bold and underlined sections say the same thing about two people but are presented in very different ways.

Your points are

1) My arguments for and against certain people express yes scum and no scum points
2)Not posting as promised

1) So do we all- so do you in this very post- ‘on one hand BBT is accusing people left right and centre, however if one of them is scum then we win’. This is nuance, considering light and shade and I think it’s both towny and advantageous to town to consider all sides of the argument
2)As I have said
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:26 pm

I'm still good with Bianco, Brick and Hellhound being town, too.

I feel reasonably confident that scum is in {Red, Chazary}
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:27 pm

Really need to see Chazary's replacement, I would happily turbo elim that slot before one can be found though.

Tough slot to come into, if it is indeed scum.
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Townie
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:32 pm

In post 824, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Pre-planned means that you thought it through during N1 and that's why the case was so well thought out.

I'm unhappy that you have not reevaluated your read despite my numerous posts during this Day Phase and the second point was not so much about your activity and much more about your promised content that you're still yet to deliver.

Being sticky with a read is common for scum because it can be difficult to form solid reasoning for a vote on somebody you know is town. I am a very easy target for scum because I drove a counter-wagon to what ended up being a scum flip towards the EoD1, I need town to understand this.

Having said all of this, I no longer think you're scum so have no further interest in pursuing this line. I would much appreciate you removing your vote from me, though.
Understand what you mean by pre-planned, thanks.

Bold section:

You said ‘I acted scummy so scum would target me’

Yes, scum would target someone who acted scummy, but I think we should be more concerned about the person acting scummy in the first place.

I understand and thank you for your renunciation of me being scum, but I’m sorry to say that has not made me think you are any less scum. I can see that as coming from either genuinely thoughtful town rethinking or scum trying to get their accuser to stop accusing by stopping accusing the accuser. So to speak.
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Townie
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:33 pm

In post 828, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Really need to see Chazary's replacement, I would happily turbo elim that slot before one can be found though.

Agree
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Townie
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:35 pm

Also I don’t want to be the one to point it out, but if you look back to the very first pages, I am the first to put suspicion on CCG, and I continue putting suspicion on them for quite some even when others aren’t. I just want to say that while people are starting to get suspicious of me.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:36 pm

It's all good.

I understood my position was shaky coming into D2 because of the push D1. I feel I have presented more than enough information/thoughts for town to win in my absence if needed.

Hoping we can get Chazary before me at least though.

VOTE: Chazary

Most confident here.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:36 pm

In post 831, Baron Kirkholm Uttgart wrote:Also I don’t want to be the one to point it out, but if you look back to the very first pages, I am the first to put suspicion on CCG, and I continue putting suspicion on them for quite some even when others aren’t. I just want to say that while people are starting to get suspicious of me.
Nah, you're good. I think you had enough chances to jump off the CCG wagon if you wanted too and you didn't take any of them.
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Townie
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:41 pm

@bianco on post #322

Definitely see where you’re coming from on this one, you’re right that an unvote did nothing in practice. To be honest, then, I was strongly suspicious of no-one, but a lot of pressure was being put on me to move my vote. The reason is as simple as that.
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Townie
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:46 pm

In post 758, Redados wrote:
In post 441, Redados wrote:
In post 440, Baron Kirkholm Uttgart wrote:If I’m using my glossary knowledge correctly, it could be worth just going for a Policy vote on CC.
Why
Baron, did you ever respond to this? If not, please respond to this.
Not sure I did, so responding to this.

I understand policy vote to mean a group voting for reasons not entirely comprised of scummy content. At the time, people were talking about voting for CC because of their non-descript and very short responses. I tried to use my glossary knowledge to summarise that. Clearly unsuccessfully, because it’s not really a policy vote if it at all pertains to posting, right?
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Townie
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:50 pm

On post #414, it feels like you have found scum because you’re looking for scum. I continued voting for CC whilst several others of the group were changing their votes and encouraging me to.
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Townie
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:52 pm

In post 778, Brickwalll wrote:
In post 777, Redados wrote:
In post 772, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Red, why am I scum?
Counter wagon from CCG
You mean the same Counter Wagon you were also on? Sorry, what?
:wink: :cop:

I do think we need to remember that although BBT firmly spearheaded the counterwagon, to be a wagon people had to hop on. And scum would very happily take an opportunity and grow it.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:52 pm

Post by Redados »

In post 835, Baron Kirkholm Uttgart wrote:
In post 758, Redados wrote:
In post 441, Redados wrote:
In post 440, Baron Kirkholm Uttgart wrote:If I’m using my glossary knowledge correctly, it could be worth just going for a Policy vote on CC.
Why
Baron, did you ever respond to this? If not, please respond to this.
Not sure I did, so responding to this.

I understand policy vote to mean a group voting for reasons not entirely comprised of scummy content. At the time, people were talking about voting for CC because of their non-descript and very short responses. I tried to use my glossary knowledge to summarise that. Clearly unsuccessfully, because it’s not really a policy vote if it at all pertains to posting, right?
In post 828, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Really need to see Chazary's replacement, I would happily turbo elim that slot before one can be found though.

I want to elim this slot but why turbo elim before we hear the slot’s perspective on the flip, the nightkill, what happened today, etc
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:53 pm

Post by Redados »

Didn’t mean to quote anything but the second post there
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Townie
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:54 pm

In post 779, biancospino wrote:
In post 600, Baron Kirkholm Uttgart wrote:I’m back and starting to read through the game for the other scum, I’m looking at BBT, Redados and Biancos first
@Baron, have you a reason why not Chaz?
My post 600 has been misinterpreted a lot because of my poor phrasing. That was me stating who I was looking at ISOs for first, not who I thought was scum- these people I thought would have helpful retrospective content.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:55 pm

Because if the slot is scum it's a pretty shitty spot for a replacement to come into.

Plus, you know, it's probably scum.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:56 pm

Post by Redados »

I like BBT’s developing read on Baron today.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:57 pm

Post by Redados »

In post 841, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Because if the slot is scum it's a pretty shitty spot for a replacement to come into.

Plus, you know, it's probably scum.
I agree with the facts here but still disagree with the logic. No matter
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Townie
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:57 pm

Ok don’t be surprised if I don’t come back for a while, but goodbye for now
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:02 pm

Post by biancospino »

UNVOTE:
I think my vote did its job.

I too agree that Chaz is the n°1 suspect, but I do not wish to lim him before a replacement appears; at least until the mods confirm that a replacement exist, I may understand that the logic here may be that a rep may just be disincentived to partecipate, and probably wont have a good experience, if they find out they have a scum PM in such a compromised position, but we should at least give them the possibility of trying to defend themselves; I'm not 100% convinced that they are scum
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:54 pm

Post by Redados »

I hope Hellhound comes back soon.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Death by 1000 Pagetops

Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:27 pm

Post by Alianna »

Hellhound1 is being prodded.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 26
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Hellhound1
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:05 pm

Post by Hellhound1 »

Apologies all, I have the flu and today is the first day I've been able to look at my phone. I will catch up and make a post this afternoon
Brickwalll
Brickwalll
Goon
Brickwalll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:18 am

Post by Brickwalll »

Yay! Hellhound has returned. Looking forward to your thoughts and hope you feel better!

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”