Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2200 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:32 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2127, absinthe wrote:
In post 2125, Chara wrote:
In post 1793, absinthe wrote:
In post 1787, Chara wrote:
In post 1784, absinthe wrote:Chara wanting you & Faker to take a break reminds me of how it tried to make peace between my hydra and LLD.
do you think that's an AI behavior? Faker is my friend as well.
That's been evident to me!

The main difference I saw is that there's a lot more warmth to your peacemaking here. Is that AI? I'm not ready to try and figure that out. I haven't read carefully through that part of the thread yet, but I'm closing in.
i was trying to see what we had last spoken about, absinthe, and i saw it was here.
i do go for the "peacemaking" as scum in an attempt to replicate my town meta. as town i tend to let my emotions show more and have sometimes gotten more personal than i should have in a game (i'm not including this instance in that, for the record) while as scum i am pretty uncomfortable with doing so. it does still happen as these peacemaking attempts tend to have little to do with game events and more to do with disliking toxicity in games in general. if i call out behavior as scum in a "you need to stop" sense it's always my honest opinion, and only a tactic in that i'd often do the same thing as town.

i'd also rather not go over this part of the game any more than that, so i'd appreciate if you went through other avenues to read/play around me. but i understand it is game content so i won't be mad if you do choose to use it in the game given i've expounded... expanded? on it here.
I'm ok with leaving it be. I'm not sure what more I'd get from further discussion.

earlier in the game I called your tone confident and assertive, which was at the point on day 1 where you appeared to be giving me a really easy townread, when actually you wanted to see my reaction to the read. shortly after that Tammy said you seemed comfortable. And I think you also said something about feeling comfortable and liking the game.

I thought you were more comfortable (heh) with "comfortable" than the terms I'd used. I keep chewing on this but I don't know if it's a marker for either alignment for you. Tammy said you felt town for that, though.
Any particular reason you haven’t cross voted Coral?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #2201 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:38 pm

Post by Chara »

i think if we haven't flipped a minigame in two days (deadline is in 5 days) i'm going to vote demonaslot and let Isis do as she wishes.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2202 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:40 pm

Post by Coral »

I think we should flip something soon as well. Fine with Gate and Keep in any order.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #2203 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:56 pm

Post by Isis »

Flipppp

Tempest make decrees!

Intuitively it makes sense to me to flip Gate first but I don't know if anyone has specific associative theories they want to test. Gate could surprise me and a surprise is a high value. None of the three Gate flips would surprise me and then I would probably lobby for the same elimination in Keep regardless. I think at least a couple other people might feel that way too
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2204 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:24 am

Post by MathBlade »

I have a work fire to handle. May be ghostly invisible.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2205 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:29 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

Aisa replaces Herta.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2206 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:30 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

[1]
absinthe:
Coral
[0]
Coral:

[2]
Not voting:
absinthe,
Tempest

WAFER WALL
[0]
Aisa:

[0]
Isis:

[0]
Chara:

[3]
Not voting:
Aisa, Isis, Chara

KRAMPUS KEEP
[0]
MathBlade:

[0]
skitter30:

[0]
catboi:

[3]
Not voting:
MathBlade, skitter30, catboi

MOD NOTES
• The day will end in (expired on 2023-01-02 09:19:18)

• have fun!

• v/la: none.

free candy cane
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #2207 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:33 pm

Post by Aisa »

Hi everyone! I am actually about to go zzz and will catch up properly tomorrow. Let me know if there is anything specific you want me to pay attention to~
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2208 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:36 pm

Post by skitter30 »

oh hello!
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2209 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:39 pm

Post by skitter30 »

math isn't solving and i think he's scum at this point, i still don't know who he thinks scum is (even in the other minigames)

isis has looked a lot worse to me this dayphase

still think absinthe is scum

this is my working theory of the scumteam at this point tbh

i don't think coral/faker makes much sense
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2210 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:39 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2207, Aisa wrote:Hi everyone! I am actually about to go zzz and will catch up properly tomorrow. Let me know if there is anything specific you want me to pay attention to~
we need you to help solve your minigame!
Show
Hiatus once more.

Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2211 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:39 pm

Post by Coral »

Hi! :)
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2212 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:44 pm

Post by Coral »

In post 2209, skitter30 wrote:math isn't solving and i think he's scum at this point
Do you think catboi is solving? Or, what's the difference between the two for you?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2213 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:50 pm

Post by skitter30 »

to be very fair catboi isn't either

but i kinda hate that math keeps blustering abt how doesn't want to solve keep so that he can focuso n the other games, but still hasn't really made much effort to solve anything elsewhere at all
at least i know what catboi is thinking
Show
Hiatus once more.

Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2214 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:05 pm

Post by Tempest »

I haven't been solving much either though! This game has been weird. Part of me wants to just vote ffery and put her out of her misery. If she's town, she's not having the greatest game or time to play, and if she's scum, she's probably just miserable.

I realize that the questions of the night actions can't really be answered until we know, but I do wonder why skitter was moved from the gate if she's town. I don't think there was any indication that I had changed any of my reads, so why not leave her there? I guess it could all be wifom to have me ask this very question, so meh.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2215 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:15 pm

Post by catboi »

again people don't understand how I operate

it's fine though
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2216 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:18 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 2214, Tempest wrote:I haven't been solving much either though! This game has been weird. Part of me wants to just vote ffery and put her out of her misery. If she's town, she's not having the greatest game or time to play, and if she's scum, she's probably just miserable.

I realize that the questions of the night actions can't really be answered until we know, but I do wonder why skitter was moved from the gate if she's town. I don't think there was any indication that I had changed any of my reads, so why not leave her there? I guess it could all be wifom to have me ask this very question, so meh.
we're kind of at do or die time here, my attention for the game isn't what it used to be, do you want to vote first or should I?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2217 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:27 pm

Post by catboi »

I do want to try to leave a case on the wall before I vote, just mentally hard for me to write preflip cases
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2218 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:54 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2213, skitter30 wrote:to be very fair catboi isn't either

but i kinda hate that math keeps blustering abt how doesn't want to solve keep so that he can focuso n the other games, but still hasn't really made much effort to solve anything elsewhere at all
at least i know what catboi is thinking
It’s not like I haven’t been trying to solve. It’s just conversation towards other games immediately gets shut down or ignored.

Or I have a super long work day. (Approaching a 13 hour snipe posting on a break may disappear)

I don’t like this characterization.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2219 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:55 pm

Post by MathBlade »

This is either going to be done for the night or turn into 24 so fingers crossed.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Tempest
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Tempest
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2220 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:06 pm

Post by Tempest »

I'm fine voting first. Wanna give coral a chance to say anything else she has to say, but I'm fine just getting it over with. Maybe the gate will help with the other rooms?
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2221 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:25 pm

Post by Coral »

There's always more I could say if delayed forever (for example, seeing how Aisa engages with the game), but I think a flip is more valuable given the time remaining. I'll probably keep talking as long as I'm alive but there's nothing I need to say before the flip, so go ahead whenever you're ready.
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #2222 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:29 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 2214, Tempest wrote:I haven't been solving much either though! This game has been weird. Part of me wants to just vote ffery and put her out of her misery. If she's town, she's not having the greatest game or time to play, and if she's scum, she's probably just miserable.

I am town, but I don't expect I'll get any further dug into the game than I've managed so far. I've angsted over this way more than I should have. Just really a terrible concatenation of real life and unresolved mafia burnout. I won't beat myself up over it, and I hope you won't either.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2223 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:40 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Okay so my work shift in theory is over tonight. So I will be here. But I am an exhausted robot so that’s a thing.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2224 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:42 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2221, Coral wrote:There's always more I could say if delayed forever (for example, seeing how Aisa engages with the game), but I think a flip is more valuable given the time remaining. I'll probably keep talking as long as I'm alive but there's nothing I need to say before the flip, so go ahead whenever you're ready.
What’s your solve for the two games you’re not in?

Kind of a last reads.

You too absinthe?

Don’t think I didn’t notice you not cross voting.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Open Games”