MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:54 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1071, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1068, MathBlade wrote:In what world is Frogger going “hey d1 elim between 4 players” when he’s a top wagon?
Xyzzy's
In post 1063, Frogsterking wrote:That means we're looking at a D1 elimination between

Furtive/Quiet Owl/Math/kittens
All four of you should be maintaining up to date reads lists fyi to help us sort you.

PEdit:

That goes for you too Math. The sooner you post your reads the more likely I'll be to cooperate with you.
In post 1069, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1066, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1020, Titus wrote:
In post 1015, Frogsterking wrote:Math pretending to be empathetic toward Titus is a good sign that Math is lying.
*middle finger gif*
yeah that bothers me too
I don't get the same vibes I did in LOST from Math (albeit we were scumbuddies but there was some openwolfing on Math's part there)
Admittedly in LOST I had Covid and was barely able to post words or anything coherently and was trying to just summon desire to post. Warrior Cats is a better example of a scum game where my brain wasn’t confuzzled
Not sure on this take but gut says SvS.
You mean like two posts before this one?

C’mon dude. If you’re town slow down and breathe and give me a chance to actually read and formulate more.

If you think I am scum, fine. At least let me “spew”.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:57 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

My intuition is that Gamma/Math/furtive are the group scum. Maybe imaginality too if Ranger's theory on Titus is correct.
In post 1073, HighPrincessErinys wrote:At this point, this one is convinced there is almost no world in which Frogster is town here. If Jester wasn't a realistic probability this one would probably throw it's vote onto him but at this point ignoring him sounds like the better idea until we have some kind of idea of what his actual role is. Do not trust him either way, because both his actual play and his tone have been getting increasingly worse as the day progresses and it's both actually scummy and just plain frustrating to watch even if this one hasn't really been on the receiving end of his needlessly toxic aggression.
Yeah same, I would definitely, honestly be voting HPE if I wasn't so sure it's a jester, I swear.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:59 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1076, Frogsterking wrote:My intuition is that Gamma/Math/furtive are the group scum. Maybe imaginality too if Ranger's theory on Titus is correct.
In post 1073, HighPrincessErinys wrote:At this point, this one is convinced there is almost no world in which Frogster is town here. If Jester wasn't a realistic probability this one would probably throw it's vote onto him but at this point ignoring him sounds like the better idea until we have some kind of idea of what his actual role is. Do not trust him either way, because both his actual play and his tone have been getting increasingly worse as the day progresses and it's both actually scummy and just plain frustrating to watch even if this one hasn't really been on the receiving end of his needlessly toxic aggression.
Yeah same, I would definitely, honestly be voting HPE if I wasn't so sure it's a jester, I swear.
I’m kinda feeling the jester vibes. I don’t see how anyone can legit scumread 1/2 of a mason claim.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:01 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1077, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1076, Frogsterking wrote:My intuition is that Gamma/Math/furtive are the group scum. Maybe imaginality too if Ranger's theory on Titus is correct.
I’m kinda feeling the jester vibes. I don’t see how anyone can legit scumread 1/2 of a mason claim.
In post 980, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 958, Morning Tweet wrote:I just can't fathom why or how scum can claim masons with another player on D1 and expect to get anywhere. So I bin them as town pretty much
I already linked a counter example to this. I will do so again:

Mini Normal Bunnies

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=88600

House = town
innocentvillager = scum

D1

In post 1176, innocentvillager wrote:Alright day one of pure MS productivity ban
In post 1014, House wrote:
In post 1012, Frogsterking wrote:tl;dr :
Don't give a shit.

VOTE: Frogsterking

Can't say you weren't warned.

Hardclaim Masons with innocentvillager

Softed on page 1 & my reads list (same green color code for me and iv, different code for other hard townreads). Interactions between us show familiarity when I've never been in a game with them. They call me town but don't justify it, unlike their other townreads.

iv didn't want me to out on d1 and one of our earlier public interactions was him trying to discourage me from it when I mentioned in Mason chat that it would suck to out early.

Your chainsaw came back to bite you in the ass. Lap & Frog are scum together.
Yes, this is true. I told him not to claim and I'm not too happy about his decision to out both of us here, but I have been pretty detached from this game so I've been trusting him to lead it anyway. I personally preferred a solo Mason claim if I was really in that much danger later on but he mentioned he thinks it's easier and more believable to just cement us both as town here.

As far as the Laplacian elimination goes, I think I'm mostly okay with this? His ISO is whatever and doesn't seem like he's going to be more readable. There's part of me that worries about "there's too little resistance for Lap to be scum", but Lap was under so much pressure from the get-go that I could see scum turbobussing their deadweight partner that flaked and doing some sort of "damage control". Idk tbh - I certainly don't feel strong enough to stop this anyway
In post 1178, innocentvillager wrote:I think it will be interesting to see who mafia nightkills in the next couple days - if they decide House and I are worth killing over trying to hunt more useful PRs, that might be useful information.
D2

In post 1291, innocentvillager wrote:I'm definitely townreading House for the mason claim, I think it's a really crazy play to make as a pocket

VOTE: VP Baltar

I think RTP being the kill over me and House strongly suggests either me/VP are scum given that we were both in their solve. It's too wifomy of a kill if both me and VP are town and I really don't see why scum wouldn't just let koba deathtunnel town!VP
In post 2415, innocentvillager wrote:Hi sorry guys - this game has been moving rly fast and I haven’t put much time here

I have information that Something Smart is probably scum, I would maybe be like 95% on it

VOTE: Something Smart
In post 2417, innocentvillager wrote:Im not sure if I should just claim or not but I’m willing to
In post 2419, innocentvillager wrote:If we get a few more yeses I will claim
In post 2422, innocentvillager wrote:To be clear House is the vigilante right, If I’m seeing this correctly
In post 2427, innocentvillager wrote:Okay - I’m a town even nights Gunsmith. I Checked Something Smart last night and he did have a gun in flavor
You just lie and claim something else and get +town for it because of https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... n_Audacity. It's not that hard. Easy, even.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:01 pm

Post by Quiet Owl »

In post 1068, MathBlade wrote: I wonder where Ythan is?
currently the Vaxkiller, tapiocaphobe, and Ythan slots are waiting for replacements
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:04 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1079, Quiet Owl wrote:
currently the Vaxkiller, tapiocaphobe, and Ythan slots are waiting for replacements
Hmm, I could still be wrong on Math. I don't think I'm wrong on kittens.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:07 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1074, kitten around wrote:
In post 1067, Frogsterking wrote:Kittens go ahead and post a reads list whenever your ready.
I don’t have a full list yet but rn

my strongest town reads are on the mason claims, STD, MT.

I’m sorry I don’t have any more confident reads yet.
Yeah it makes it look like you haven't been solving. If you continue to expand with more reads from what you have here then that would be helpful at least.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:07 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1078, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1077, MathBlade wrote:
In post 980, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 958, Morning Tweet wrote:I just can't fathom why or how scum can claim masons with another player on D1 and expect to get anywhere. So I bin them as town pretty much
I already linked a counter example to this. I will do so again:

Mini Normal Bunnies

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=88600

House = town
innocentvillager = scum

D1

In post 1176, innocentvillager wrote:Alright day one of pure MS productivity ban
In post 1014, House wrote:
In post 1012, Frogsterking wrote:tl;dr :
Don't give a shit.

VOTE: Frogsterking

Can't say you weren't warned.

Hardclaim Masons with innocentvillager

Softed on page 1 & my reads list (same green color code for me and iv, different code for other hard townreads). Interactions between us show familiarity when I've never been in a game with them. They call me town but don't justify it, unlike their other townreads.

iv didn't want me to out on d1 and one of our earlier public interactions was him trying to discourage me from it when I mentioned in Mason chat that it would suck to out early.

Your chainsaw came back to bite you in the ass. Lap & Frog are scum together.
Yes, this is true. I told him not to claim and I'm not too happy about his decision to out both of us here, but I have been pretty detached from this game so I've been trusting him to lead it anyway. I personally preferred a solo Mason claim if I was really in that much danger later on but he mentioned he thinks it's easier and more believable to just cement us both as town here.

As far as the Laplacian elimination goes, I think I'm mostly okay with this? His ISO is whatever and doesn't seem like he's going to be more readable. There's part of me that worries about "there's too little resistance for Lap to be scum", but Lap was under so much pressure from the get-go that I could see scum turbobussing their deadweight partner that flaked and doing some sort of "damage control". Idk tbh - I certainly don't feel strong enough to stop this anyway
In post 1178, innocentvillager wrote:I think it will be interesting to see who mafia nightkills in the next couple days - if they decide House and I are worth killing over trying to hunt more useful PRs, that might be useful information.
D2

In post 1291, innocentvillager wrote:I'm definitely townreading House for the mason claim, I think it's a really crazy play to make as a pocket

VOTE: VP Baltar

I think RTP being the kill over me and House strongly suggests either me/VP are scum given that we were both in their solve. It's too wifomy of a kill if both me and VP are town and I really don't see why scum wouldn't just let koba deathtunnel town!VP
In post 2415, innocentvillager wrote:Hi sorry guys - this game has been moving rly fast and I haven’t put much time here

I have information that Something Smart is probably scum, I would maybe be like 95% on it

VOTE: Something Smart
In post 2417, innocentvillager wrote:Im not sure if I should just claim or not but I’m willing to
In post 2419, innocentvillager wrote:If we get a few more yeses I will claim
In post 2422, innocentvillager wrote:To be clear House is the vigilante right, If I’m seeing this correctly
In post 2427, innocentvillager wrote:Okay - I’m a town even nights Gunsmith. I Checked Something Smart last night and he did have a gun in flavor
You just lie and claim something else and get +town for it because of https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... n_Audacity. It's not that hard. Easy, even.
Oh yeah…that game hurt my brain :(
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:11 pm

Post by MathBlade »

At the risk of being an absolute ass, Frog why are you being angry everywhere?

You’re clearly not raging out like you were when I defended Pooky.

This is something else. Why are you doing it? This isn’t unrestricted anger.

This is something else I don’t know how to read.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:12 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

That would be pretty sweet if tris were scum who had us snowed and Math came in and blew their cover. I kind of think I need longer on Math to decide. *gestures toward offer to antitown slots of policy elimming math before Math starts a massclaim*
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:13 pm

Post by MathBlade »

@Titus I would love that answer to why two town blocks btw

Game seems incredibly scattered imho

I see common threads of agreement “Eg Frog is being mean”

But I don’t see town blocks.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:15 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1083, MathBlade wrote:At the risk of being an absolute ass, Frog why are you being angry e
I stopped reading here. Get a reads list up at the soonest opportunity that's convenient for you. Thank you.
kitten around
kitten around
Goon
kitten around
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:15 pm

Post by kitten around »

In post 1081, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1074, kitten around wrote:
In post 1067, Frogsterking wrote:Kittens go ahead and post a reads list whenever your ready.
I don’t have a full list yet but rn

my strongest town reads are on the mason claims, STD, MT.

I’m sorry I don’t have any more confident reads yet.
Yeah it makes it look like you haven't been solving. If you continue to expand with more reads from what you have here then that would be helpful at least.
I understand that but it’s not from a lack of trying. Some games I don’t have reads until we get flips or as late as d3, so none of that makes me scum here.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:15 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1084, Frogsterking wrote:That would be pretty sweet if tris were scum who had us snowed and Math came in and blew their cover. I kind of think I need longer on Math to decide. *gestures toward offer to antitown slots of policy elimming math before Math starts a massclaim*
?? Why would I start a mass claim ??

I call for them when I generally believe in them.

I see no evidence a mass claim is beneficial here in any way.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:15 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1086, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1083, MathBlade wrote:At the risk of being an absolute ass, Frog why are you being angry e
I stopped reading here. Get a reads list up at the soonest opportunity that's convenient for you. Thank you.
Already did of who are top wagons.

If they aren’t a top wagon I kinda don’t care.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Until someone strikes me as scum I don’t want to rock what’s started.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:20 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 1056, Quiet Owl wrote:i assume that a jester!frog here wins when dead, in which case the course of action here is probably to ignore him completely until we have reason to suspect that he's a different sort of scum?

mcmenno mentioned having a role that interferes with investigatives so i assume that if true that's a counter to someone else's role. would be a convenient way of resolving the frog conundrum.
The problem with leaving a jest alive is that they can derail discussions and make it hard to scumhunt. I'm still not sure if he's actually jester or just scum acting like jester tho.

I hope there's a vig.
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:22 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Not to be that guy, but does anyone TR these slots?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:23 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1091, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 1056, Quiet Owl wrote:i assume that a jester!frog here wins when dead, in which case the course of action here is probably to ignore him completely until we have reason to suspect that he's a different sort of scum?

mcmenno mentioned having a role that interferes with investigatives so i assume that if true that's a counter to someone else's role. would be a convenient way of resolving the frog conundrum.
The problem with leaving a jest alive is that they can derail discussions and make it hard to scumhunt. I'm still not sure if he's actually jester or just scum acting like jester tho.

I hope there's a vig.
Can you imagine something cool in your fantasy world for me, KT?
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:27 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 1092, MathBlade wrote:
Ythan is a townlean for me.
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:27 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1094, KittyTacky wrote:
Why?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:28 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1082, MathBlade wrote:Oh yeah…that game hurt my brain :(
I'd credit Bell primarily with helping me learn to resist this brand of manipulation:
In post 6770, Bell wrote:Being vulnerable isn't bad, but during a game of mafia I wouldn't recommend it. People are trying to deceive, manipulate, etc. Even Town. Think of it as laser tag, once you're assigned a team and the music plays it's best to think of it as game on until the music stops.
In post 6776, Bell wrote:................ Lukewarm go to bed.
In post 6784, Bell wrote:I was talking to frogster.

Granades can be useful, even necessary. But sometimes it can feel like you have a million puzzle pieces, you're piecing them together and someone just throws a bunch of extra puzzle pieces around and dislodges a bunch of your work. Time and place.
In post 6785, Bell wrote:This isn't a newbie game, Bell. I'll back off

Good night all.
+scum

No reads list and delberate redirection to literal RNG slots (the two that aren't Ythan.)
kitten around
kitten around
Goon
kitten around
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:29 pm

Post by kitten around »

Two of them are no posters, there’s nothing to read. Ythan Idk, she sounded really tilted but I have no experience playing with her, so I agree with CSF that it would be wise to wait for a replacement.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:29 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

Vibes, it's weak but I haven't found a reason to scumread her slot. But we didn't interact much and she didn't post much so I'll wait for a replacement to really try to understand that slot.
~Vasex
~Enchant
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:30 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1094, KittyTacky wrote:
I would think this is TMI if I hadn't seen KT have good reads in other games.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”