Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:16 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 213, Andresvmb wrote:Okay I really enjoyed that Christmas break but I’m back. I’m actually somewhere with not great internet but it’ll do for now. I’ll read up and put out some thoughts.
In post 214, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 11, Bell wrote:I'm upset that I'm not a mason this time.
I know the feeling. We were doing good too. Well, you were carrying us if I’m being honest.
If I understand anything about andres, the lack of follow through here-as in giving actual thoughts on the game-is a scum tell from andres. Both town!andres and scum!andres lurk out, but town!andres is insightful and scum!andres is superficial.

I also think this might be a traitor signal, of course :lol:
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:19 am

Post by Frogsterking »

I think Bell, andres, meuh, KT are all good leads. My intuition also implicates MT and herta so take that for whatever you will.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:46 am

Post by Frogsterking »

Oh shoot this is that one format where I become a liability by running out of posts due to lack of self control.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:58 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 157, Bell wrote:I also miss Dunnstral
This stands out to me as +scum.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:41 pm

Post by Titus »

I am alive but prod dodging here. No I don't want to talk. No it is not game related. Not in the mental state.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:18 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I don’t really have any new thoughts to add. Mostly I’m waiting for the prods/replaces to produce results
RH
RH
he/him
Goon
RH
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:33 pm

Post by RH »

I'm still on vacation but I'm letting you know that I'll be dealing with the EoD, most likely.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:56 am

Post by Frogsterking »

VOTE: andres

I was all up in andres grill for being--what I perceived--passive in KTANE and I'm trying to learn from my mistake there while following the tells that I can see. If I understand andres correctly, andres deviated from his town meta at least three times this game; and maybe even
exactly
three times. First when he failed to follow up on , second when he failed to engage with the thread at all between through , and third when he failed to engage the thread in a meaningful way in , failing to follow up on his promise in in the process.

My understanding of andres strategy is that he's playing a TAG game ( https://www.quora.com/How-can-you-explo ... r-in-poker ) so it's not actually AI that he's quiet or only made 3 posts, it's AI that he didn't attempt to do anything within those 3 posts or for the entirety of D1. TAG is tight and it's still both aggressive and good. I'm comparing this a lot to Community 1 where andres was quiet but also scum hunted and pushed Passenger. Separately, I think andres being a mason in Community 1 would imply he posted less frequently there than he normally would as town because he had Bell to serve as an ambassador of some sort.

On a final note, outside of meta, there are some simple children's tells which can be used to select andres for a D1 elimination. can be read a lot of ways other than town: softing to Bell, pocketing Bell, wifom distancing from Bell and/or fluff posting. I don't know which--if any--of those are true, but they're all different shades of scummy. seems dubious as this is a forum game and doesn't require the same kind of internet or hardware an online multiplayer game would. With this kind of game you really have access to post or you have limited access or you don't. Not posting anything just to appear and specify that you may not be able to post anything seems like exceptionally poor planning, and that might fly for someone like me sometimes, but I'm not convinced andres is an exceptionally poor planner.
"Okay I really enjoyed that Christmas break but I'm back" implies andres views this game as work which implies that he's scum. Finally, just the lurkiness of the slot I think makes it a superior choice. He's already on anti-spew basically.

And in case anyone wants to ask
"What about Roden and their 2 posts?"
My answer is
"...
what
about Roden and their 2 posts?"
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:46 am

Post by Meuh »

VOTE: Andres
Taking a look at his community ISO, I do see a contrast that's a bit concerning. I expect more productivity at this point. Though I will note that posts along the lines of don't seem uncharacteristic for Andres: viewtopic.php?p=13549828#p13549828, viewtopic.php?p=13551797#p13551797 and viewtopic.php?p=13555365#p13555365 (all from the original community) seem quite similar.
I also disagree on the whole facet of "planning" regarding 213.
Either way he's lurky and not particularly interested in solving. The only tidbit that's mafia related in his ISO is , and Andres deciding to comment on the original community before the game that's currently happening I do think is worrisome.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:08 am

Post by T-Bone »

ActionDan replaces KittyTacky, effective immediately.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:56 am

Post by ActionDan »

Hi!

Currently working from home and will have a bit more time tonight. As a preview my townreads are close to Deas's post 144 (and you can add DeasV to them) with the caveat of Frogster/MT being lower, and Herta being in a category whose elim I would not cry over.

My preferred elimination today is bell by a longshot. And if not Furtive.

VOTE: Bell

Bad posts, Bad votes, and what essentially appears to be flailing / buying time with a PR claim with deniability. I do not understand why anyone is considering anything but this (Much less Meuh for example).
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:12 am

Post by Bell »

Yo. Post later today. Grandpa has a doctor’s appointment.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:39 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Everyone ignored my MT vote then, and instead Herta and ActionDan called me sus afterwards. Silenced by the mob :pensive:
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:40 am

Post by Bell »

@ActionDan, could you elaborate on what you mean by deniability
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:54 am

Post by Bell »

Okay one day left.

So, it's typical for me to hold my tongue when I'm a PR which is why I usually get called out and run up whole song and dance. I was doing that "not going to comment" thing two days ago and then my brain dropped off the face of the earth because I'm playing wrath of the righteous and I am hyperfocusing on that on vacation. Every choice, where will it take me ten years from now? *gray hair*

To be blunt too many people are no shows for me to be confident in anything. 10 page large theme is extremely unusual. Flavia's entrance bothered me because they refused to answer a straight question, my vote never moved because I didn't think moving it would *do* anything. But keeping it there didn't do anything either. There's not much point moving my vote now either because it's too late to do legwork with a one day dead line.
Is flavia being replaced? Because I would like to kill one Flavia please.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:55 am

Post by Bell »

I am haunted by whether I should have a cyclops or two gnomes in a trench coat star as me in my upcoming play and the consequences unforeseen of this choice.
N.Y. M
N.Y. M
They
Townie
N.Y. M
They
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: They

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:07 am

Post by N.Y. M »

@Bell are you hardclaiming tpr because I honestly can’t tell? Also I don’t understand why you think Flavia is scummy? It fits with Titus - one of my stronger trs’ claims so it really doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

@Andres any reads? @Tweetie, what’s your current Bell read?

~Nancy
Nancy/Yume/Mastina hydra
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:09 am

Post by Bell »

At this point, yes.

You don't see how Flavia not being able to answer a question that is a clear yes or no is scummy
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:13 am

Post by Bell »

I don't think their idiosyncrasies explain it well. I don't know Flavia, but I'm less willing to let it pass lately.
I also, don't think it fits or doesn't fit. I never asked Titus due to the whole holding tongue thing but I might as well ask if RH said whether there was a *single* player with a role that wasn't one or the other or multiple.
N.Y. M
N.Y. M
They
Townie
N.Y. M
They
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: They

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:39 am

Post by N.Y. M »

UNVOTE:

for now

I think though that why does Flavia post what she does if she’s lying? Usually fake claims tend not to be made unprompted like that. Why does Flavia claim anything? It sounds to me that she gets read as delegate or something to invests? Is that right @Flavia?

The thing is last game Frogs got a similar thing in his role pm like Titus is here and I think it had to refer to furtive who had claimed miller in that. And I trust Titus, so if it weren’t for that, I might agree with you. But this response doesn’t sound wooden and I’m was suss on Kitty slot, so not sure If I trust AD’s vote on you or not.

~N
Nancy/Yume/Mastina hydra
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:44 am

Post by Herta »

I'm okay with giving dan some time.

UNVOTE: KT
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:42 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 244, N.Y. M wrote:UNVOTE:

for now

I think though that why does Flavia post what she does if she’s lying? Usually fake claims tend not to be made unprompted like that. Why does Flavia claim anything? It sounds to me that she gets read as delegate or something to invests? Is that right @Flavia?

The thing is last game Frogs got a similar thing in his role pm like Titus is here and I think it had to refer to furtive who had claimed miller in that. And I trust Titus, so if it weren’t for that, I might agree with you. But this response doesn’t sound wooden and I’m was suss on Kitty slot, so not sure If I trust AD’s vote on you or not.

~N
They didn't claim anything until titus pushed them. If anything they were claiming flavor. Their miller claim was/is decidedly different than how Furtive approached it.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:05 pm

Post by ActionDan »

Bell wrote:@ActionDan, could you elaborate on what you mean by deniability
155 and 156 is sufficient to claim plausible deniability that you outright claimed being a power role. That is my meaning. I interpret 239 to be more of the same. As I'm sure you're well aware, people have a natural inclination to ease up pressure after their target claims a PR because they hope it might be useful in the night or at least can pin down one's actions in utilizing it to aid in scumhunting the person with the PR. This happened with 4 votes on you so this was an attempt (successfully so) to disassemble the budding wagon. The consequence of which enabled you to avoid posting / scumhunting in thread until just now where you've shown up with a renewed vote on you. Likewise, I'm not impressed regarding the justification of the vote and current read on Flavia. In a low volume content game its a blessing they are such an easy townread. They have a join date of 11/1/2022 and clearly act like it. They are trying to interpret exact flavor/verbiage literally and have repeated it in multiple posts (see 57 , 59). Insistence they are scummy is willful ignorance of what is plain as day.

Furtive's scumread is based on the vote in post 116, when belies a lack of self awareness since if anything in this thread could be interpreted as a traitor crumb its 37 , and 40. Disclaimer: I think traitor hunting is useless blather to be avoided but if someone is seriously on that boat then I'd expect some introspection; a lack of it makes me think the vote on DeasVail was made with malign intent.

@Furtive, I don't hate your vote on MT but don't find it in any way compelling. Non substantive posting is a dime a dozen in this thread, is there any other reason we should "not ignore" your vote, why do you think MT vote on KT was suspicious?
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:09 pm

Post by ActionDan »

I want to add I'm somewhat sympathetic to votes on Andres but very much joined this game to play with him not elim him. It's a pity he's not here, I'd like to sample his posting like a fine wine.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:06 pm

Post by DeasVail »

VOTE: Andres

Sorry Dan.

I don’t particularly think that Bell is town because on one hand Bell’s play indicates apathy towards the game, but then the desire to kill Flavia seems almost incongruent with that? Perhaps the most likely explanation is that the expressed desire to kill Flavia is somewhat exaggerated in the way that town do that sort of thing, but I will await further clarification on Bell’s role later in the game.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”