he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:28 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1068, Irrel wrote:
In post 1059, SirCakez wrote:I wish we could just leave like Uno or Irrel out
I feel this. As the phase nears its end I feel like a jerk for taking a spot given how little time I have to play this game. It’d be nice if you or Enchant flipped red but that feels unlikely now too. I think I’m mostly scumleaning gentlemen
In post 823, Irrel wrote:
In post 749, GuiltyLion wrote:I don’t want to prove Enchant’s “nobody would save me anyway” right but Cakez is offering reads and it’s hard to elim that over someone who’s just offering AtE, even if the AtE feels justified to me

Yeah, so Relly's interactions toward Cakez are pretty weird and noncommittal. Like soft agreeing with his positions, including a scum read on Relly, could be seen as interaction without actual pushback. It makes cakez look like he's doing stuff when he's kind of meh, possibly to get enchant left out. That's reinforced in the second quote there as well.

I need to think on the ambiguity here a bit and see if that kind of messiness of position maybe points to Relly town, but my bias right now is to flip the elephant.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:29 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1197, fireisredsir wrote:yea baltar is probably a better yeet than std/irrel
let the chainsawing begin.
YOUR AD HERE

midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:30 am

Post by midwaybear »

uh yeah should've been
for STD/Irrel, Irrel has been pretty clearly town this game. I think Ydrasse also made a pretty good point in . I don't think wolf Irrel cares to comment on that if Cakez is also wolf.
I'm more nullish on StD. Like I see that Cakez has scumread StD, but I don't wanna scumread every player that Cakez has scumread. StD gives off a chill vibe and while I normally townread stuff like that I feel like he would be chill as wolf too.
Idk, I think VPB more actively scummy so far.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:36 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1202, midwaybear wrote:I don't think wolf Irrel cares to comment on that if Cakez is also wolf.
this makes no sense. That's exactly what you do as partners to make your buddy who is on the verge of getting eliminated look like he's contributing to the game, and tip the favor away from enchant.
YOUR AD HERE

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:37 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1201, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1197, fireisredsir wrote:yea baltar is probably a better yeet than std/irrel
so you do still scumread me?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:41 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1204, fireisredsir wrote:
I would say you're in my PoE for sure. I'm not certain on your alignment. You are definitely playing a whatever level game here if you're town, but sometimes you can be a bit slow to start. I also thought you had some scummy play early on in House of the Dragon, but that leveled off with time.

You're not my priority read right now.

Do you have a case for why I should be townreading you right now?
YOUR AD HERE

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:41 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i think when a scum flips i tend to reflexively scumread anyone who asked me to elaborate on a townread that i had on them

im not really sure that this method of reading has ever actually been successful so i should probably disregard that feeling
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:41 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 1202, midwaybear wrote:uh yeah should've been
for STD/Irrel, Irrel has been pretty clearly town this game. I think Ydrasse also made a pretty good point in . I don't think wolf Irrel cares to comment on that if Cakez is also wolf.
I'm more nullish on StD. Like I see that Cakez has scumread StD, but I don't wanna scumread every player that Cakez has scumread. StD gives off a chill vibe and while I normally townread stuff like that I feel like he would be chill as wolf too.
Idk, I think VPB more actively scummy so far.
i dont think the reasons you have for thinking irrel to be clearly town are that strong, the most compelling to me is
irrel thought cakez was towny more than once, how does this way up versus like how irrel is making/presenting the reads
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:44 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 822, Irrel wrote:I think Cakez’s suspicion of me/std is like, fair, given how little std and I sorted each other before pairing, but I also feel like there’s some cross-scum-reading between those of us who joined this game for the playerlist and the memes and those who joined more so to play mafia (I’m in the first group) ((this is my take on the Shirou/ausuka dynamic too))
In post 823, Irrel wrote:
In post 749, GuiltyLion wrote:I think everybody should make it clear who they think should be paired between Enchant/Cakez before midway proposes
Uhhh I feel bad for both of them, the dance mechanic makes this elim feel awkwardly personal?? Or maybe Enchant’s sad vibe is what makes it feel personal. Either way I don’t have a strong read on either slot… I wish we could retroactively give Shirou the boot but yeah I dunno. I don’t want to prove Enchant’s “nobody would save me anyway” right but Cakez is offering reads and it’s hard to elim that over someone who’s just offering AtE, even if the AtE feels justified to me
In post 1068, Irrel wrote:
In post 1059, SirCakez wrote:I wish we could just leave like Uno or Irrel out
I feel this. As the phase nears its end I feel like a jerk for taking a spot given how little time I have to play this game. It’d be nice if you or Enchant flipped red but that feels unlikely now too. I think I’m mostly scumleaning gentlemen
In post 1076, Irrel wrote:As a sidenote I’m relieved StD is as scummy as me, because then later if we get elimmed and he’s town i won’t feel as bad about it being my fault two townies flipped. And if he’s scum it will be so easy to catch him - because no one will feel the need to keep me alive! Really I’m doing y’all a favor by being vaguely sketchy

Ummmm firebringer/UNO/StD have pinged me scummily

Ari/TSQ/Cakez/Enchant/midway/StD have pinged me townily

Midway has to be town for trying to dance with enchant! Town motivation: trying to keep his townread alive. Scum thought process would be: attach oneself to limbait? No. Stand out by defying town consensus? No. Leave your gate in the hands of an unpredictable player who can leave at any time? No. Scum bear would have proposed to Cakez first

I will try to read VPB’s posts later goodnight
like reading thru irrel says in he doesnt have strong feelings abt either enchant or cakez but then keeps talking/interacting with about how cakez is towny
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:46 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1208, Ydrasse wrote:like reading thru irrel says in 823 he doesnt have strong feelings abt either enchant or cakez but then keeps talking/interacting with about how cakez is towny
Exactly. It's the type of hedging scum do while subtlety trying to influence an outcome.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:47 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1192, Thestatusquo wrote:Down to yeet ari.
Also, this is wack af.

Unless you think ari was bussing cakez, which what is the basis for believing that?

Ari was giving reasoning to think enchant was town and was fairly consistently advocating that cakez be the person left out of the dance.
YOUR AD HERE

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:48 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1205, VP Baltar wrote:
I would say you're in my PoE for sure. I'm not certain on your alignment. You are definitely playing a whatever level game here if you're town, but sometimes you can be a bit slow to start. I also thought you had some scummy play early on in House of the Dragon, but that leveled off with time.

no i don't think you should be townreading me. i know how to make you townread me and i would expect you not to here. i think you should be pressuring me more if you scumread me actually

or if im not a scumread then not having the reaction of saying im chainsawing and instead questioning more to try to sort me and see if my read on you is real

instead you just kinda take it at face value and i find that scummy of you
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:50 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1210, VP Baltar wrote:
Also, this is wack af.

Unless you think ari was bussing cakez, which what is the basis for believing that?

Ari was giving reasoning to think enchant was town and was fairly consistently advocating that cakez be the person left out of the dance.
ari's posting towards cakez felt similar to the way she busses and idk why you would expect her to be unlikely to bus cakez here
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:51 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1211, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1205, VP Baltar wrote:

no i don't think you should be townreading me. i know how to make you townread me and i would expect you not to here. i think you should be pressuring me more if you scumread me actually

or if im not a scumread then not having the reaction of saying im chainsawing and instead questioning more to try to sort me and see if my read on you is real

instead you just kinda take it at face value and i find that scummy of you
methinks thou doth protest too much
YOUR AD HERE

midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:51 am

Post by midwaybear »

@1208, 1209 but isn't irrel also reading enchant as town? It just gives me oblivious town vibes where it's like "oh unfortunately t/t darn"
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:53 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1212, fireisredsir wrote:
Also, this is wack af.

ari's posting towards cakez felt similar to the way she busses and idk why you would expect her to be unlikely to bus cakez here
That's a lame ass bus if it is. I wouldn't give anyone actual long term credit if it that was how they did a bus.

Just seems like a half assed play if so, which isn't really my impression of ari. I think when she buses, she'd have a reason and do it more forcefully rather than making up reasons to town read the other person.
YOUR AD HERE

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:53 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1213, VP Baltar wrote:methinks thou doth protest too much
ok and see this is what im saying you're still not trying to sort here
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:53 am

Post by Firebringer »

Am I supposed to hero solve now?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:55 am

Post by midwaybear »

In post 1207, Ydrasse wrote:irrel thought cakez was towny more than once, how does this way up versus like how irrel is making/presenting the reads
Rn I still think his way of making/presenting reads feels unlikely to come from a scum angle. I can see how him calling cakez townie might be scum!irrel subtly supporting his buddy, but there's also nothing that makes me think it isn't a townie's genuine opinion. So the way irrel is making reads makes me lean/solid town him up
gonna bring up the top paragraph again
like does scum reallly say stuff like that?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:55 am

Post by Firebringer »

I think midwaybear knew cakez was scum as in informed that’s why he picked enchant over cakez. Hoping to get town cred for picking the “townie”
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:56 am

Post by Firebringer »

STD/Irrel probably town pair?
That was weak push by cakez
Show

Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:59 am

Post by Shirou »

The fact the first thing some of you thought is that Enchant or midway can be scum here is pretty wild. It's not even about it in my opinion being wrong, it's about the tinfoil being the first thing that came to your minds.

Either way, in my opinion one of you had some a good take, maybe good enough for a town lean even...?

Being worth another town read let me ask to the wisdom of the crowd:

If hypothetically speaking there was a "deepwolf" in this game that no one has seriously pushed or suspected yet. Who would it be?
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:59 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1216, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1213, VP Baltar wrote:methinks thou doth protest too much
ok and see this is what im saying you're still not trying to sort here
You're far enough down on my list, I don't feel a strong desire to quiz you. If irrel flips scum, you look much worse, and he's definitely my priority flip. Given how little actual scumhunting happened last phase, I'm not really trying to hero solve right now.

If you're so eager for me to town read you, then do something useful and find a scum. Whatever this is that you're doing isn't helping me read you.
YOUR AD HERE

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:01 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1215, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1212, fireisredsir wrote:
Also, this is wack af.

That's a lame ass bus if it is. I wouldn't give anyone actual long term credit if it that was how they did a bus.

Just seems like a half assed play if so, which isn't really my impression of ari. I think when she buses, she'd have a reason and do it more forcefully rather than making up reasons to town read the other person.
did you miss the convo starting in and then picking up around and then a bunch of back and forth after ?

i get the feeling from it that ari knows her argument is reaching the correct conclusion regardless of whether or not the point is a good one

i don't think this is like 100% or anything bc sometimes ari as town picks up on small points that seem not meaningful to me and then pushes them hard and usually she's right about it being scum. so its possible she's just doing that here too. but i definitely don't think it's unlikely that she would bus like that
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:01 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

You're far enough down on my list, I don't feel a strong desire to quiz you.
This is an extremely weird way to play mafia, and doesn't match at all with my experience with town you
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”