Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:25 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1520, Thestatusquo wrote:Like that is just not even remotely a good faith engagement.
act in a town way then. Not my job to good faith when you just say scummy shit and try to self meta out of a very legitimate tone difference in your play.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:26 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1238, VP Baltar wrote:watch out, the tone police are out.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:26 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

List the scummy shit I've done, please. You can't just assert I've "said scummy shit" when the only thing you deigned to comment on me from your catchup you agreed with.

Give quotes bruh.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:27 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1511, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1509, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1508, VP Baltar wrote:Why's that? You have more experience with me than GL does probably.
p sure he's gotten you correct in every game i remember with the two of you
Maybe. I don't really track.

FWIW, I don't think you'd question your own read of me as scum like you did there, so that's not terrible.
i absolutely would cmon don't fall for that
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:28 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1521, midwaybear wrote:
In post 1518, VP Baltar wrote:why would I try to sort my partner in thread instead of in my PT which is designed for such things?
how has that been going?
Eh. You can see from my placement of my own team what my confidence level is there. I asked Owen for some past games and he provided. I read those and I have thoughts. I think he and I have some disagreements on general world view, but I'm trying to keep talking and increase my confidence either way in a read.

I agree that his presence in this game leaves a bit to be desired.
YOUR AD HERE

furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:29 am

Post by furtiveglance »

I might as well throw my vote down alongside the IC

VOTE: NorwegianBoyEE
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:29 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

what changed from 30 seconds ago?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:30 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1528, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1511, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1509, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1508, VP Baltar wrote:Why's that? You have more experience with me than GL does probably.
p sure he's gotten you correct in every game i remember with the two of you
Maybe. I don't really track.

FWIW, I don't think you'd question your own read of me as scum like you did there, so that's not terrible.
i absolutely would cmon don't fall for that
Why though? I would say you were easily bullshitting your way into an upper hand in that exchange. I don't personally think you were making good points, but I could see them being persuasive enough to effectively shade me.
YOUR AD HERE

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:31 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Vpb can you clarify your read on my pair

It seems like it's the same low effort push known mafia cakez was trying to make
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:31 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1531, Thestatusquo wrote:what changed from 30 seconds ago?
Nothing really
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:32 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i asked fire for their reads as a jumping point back into the game, here’s my thoughts

i don’t know if all of ari and meuh and norwee would be wolves together
because it’s like then sircakez was attacking a s-s pair with what i feel was hollow/no reasoning when i feel like with two people hed be able to pick at something more than just the vague reasons of what happened
and then meuh would have like immediately entered the game also attacking a partner for being desperate scum and paranoid for the sake of it too which like these aren’t connected events inherently but it’s like what is your plan lol
also i’m unsure if wolves would feel it necessary to s-s pair early for not a lot of reason either
when i was speaking with midway i got the vague feeling he could have been whiteknighting irrel because the crux of his argument felt like “this is just how town makes reads!”’while not really engaging with the fact that irrel hemmed and hawed about the eod events which i feel like is weird to gloss over. i do agree though that saying stuff like someone wouldn’t try so hard on nye is towny lol
enchants play around the entire pairing is probably town, i think there’s always merit in people playing coy or sacrificial in dance games as scummy but i don’t think that it’s a gambit enchant chooses to set up that early into the day, i need to check this but i think if it came well before cakez was in the danger zone then it’s not some sort of move to valiantly exclude his partner and get cred and was just how enchant
felt about things at large.
i’m working with the assumption fb is town for pairing up with the ic for now having witnessed the last game alongside said ic who witnessed it and how that went, historically scum + ic has been a shitshow
in this world shirou is also town for the way he treated cakez, i guess he could have been whiteknighting enchant to get the cred but from experience people analyzing the like... emotions or motivations about offhand phrases like shirou did has almost always been a town thing to do. this isn’t as strong of a read as it could be though because i think the theatrical presentation makes it hard sometimes to feel out vibes beyond “having fun lol”
i haven’t read as much of the back and forth between vpb and shea recently but i think that vp is lightly town because he was able to pretty easily bridge the gap between his earlier fire read/cute into like something more substantial, even if he didn’t explain it immediately it made sense and didn’t feel like bullshit for the sake of having a read
i feel lukewarm about fire because i felt that sircakez giving more weight to his read on fire could have been him having something to actually call out versus his other reads being half baked at best but i think their reads match up closely to mine when all i asked was “what are your reads” that i feel okay saying lightly town
anyone else not mentioned im neutral on right now
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:34 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

STD asking good questions actually makes me worried about him.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:35 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i don't think ari and norwee are s/s btw that seems p unlikely to me. i think both individually have a good chance of being scum tho
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:36 am

Post by Ydrasse »

that makes more sense lol
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:37 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Wow ok I'm going back to memeing
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:39 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1527, Thestatusquo wrote:List the scummy shit I've done, please. You can't just assert I've "said scummy shit" when the only thing you deigned to comment on me from your catchup you agreed with.

Give quotes bruh.
Things shea has done:

1) Being a wimp all game until being called out about being a wimp.
2) Being a fake tough guy after being called out.
3) Advocating for keeping cakez over enchant.
4) Shitting on ari for pushing on cakez. (shirt-jacket nonsense)
5) Dropping the notion that shirou is maybe scum after catching cakez for being too in the know.

Now, perhaps the counter argument here is that Shea is once again scumsiding early in the game, and the lack of aggression early is a New Years good vibes shift. I personally think there is ample reason here to not let Shea live until endgame.

Also, who is he scumhunting here? Until I started pushing on him fairly directly, I couldn't tell you much of a position he had in the game. It was coasting and pretty meh at that.
YOUR AD HERE

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:39 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1537, fireisredsir wrote:i don't think ari and norwee are s/s btw that seems p unlikely to me. i think both individually have a good chance of being scum tho
I agree with this, which is why I would prefer to be voting there but I can't ignore what I view as just a completely unreasonable push on me from VPB. It doesn't seem grounded in anything besides the fact that he wants to push me. Which I suppose he could be doing as town for fun as well, but I find it quite possible that VPB might have egotistically came into this game and decided that it would be fun to try to shit push miselim me.

I have actually been having a bit of a struggle with mechanically what is the best way to use ones vote in this game. I still think meuh has high scum equity but I think I'm willing to sheep the collective on shirou just being town so is it good to vote there? That trade seems pretty mid at the start of the game in a good position. I think unowen has high scum equity as well its obvious what I think of VPB, but I think Ari-Norwee has the best total equity of scum between them.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:40 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1540, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1527, Thestatusquo wrote:List the scummy shit I've done, please. You can't just assert I've "said scummy shit" when the only thing you deigned to comment on me from your catchup you agreed with.

Give quotes bruh.
Things shea has done:

5) Dropping the notion that shirou is maybe scum after catching cakez for being too in the know.

Now, perhaps the counter argument here is that Shea is once again scumsiding early in the game, and the lack of aggression early is a New Years good vibes shift. I personally think there is ample reason here to not let Shea live until endgame.

Also, who is he scumhunting here? Until I started pushing on him fairly directly, I couldn't tell you much of a position he had in the game. It was coasting and pretty meh at that.
This sure is the most uncharitable reading of every single thing I've done in the game said in the rudest possible tone. Can you like...just not?
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:41 am

Post by midwaybear »

@VPB That sounds pretty generic but ig it's something.
Anyways, wrt Norwee, I can see how it looks like he was pushing for Cakez over Enchant. But I don't think it's done in a super sneaky fashion? It just seems Norwee assumed Enchant/Cakez was t/t and pushed for the +ev move. Although ig you can question why he chose to view them as t/t when a lot of the thread had other opinions.
@GL if im being charitable towards Norwee, i think is just asking Enchant to explain why Enchant is so confident Cakez is town that he's willing to leave the dance. I think u ask a good question why Norwee is allegedly so solvy in PT whereas he's not doing much in thread
but also im having a hard time reconciling Drapion throwing out two simultaneous proposals as scum. I feel scum just play slow and go one at a time.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:43 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1542, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 1540, VP Baltar wrote:

Give quotes bruh.
Things shea has done:

This sure is the most uncharitable reading of every single thing I've done in the game said in the rudest possible tone. Can you like...just not?
What's specifically uncharitable about it?
YOUR AD HERE

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:44 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'm not engaging with someone whose argument starts with the bullet point "is a wimp"

Fuck off.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:45 am

Post by midwaybear »

dw VPB just scum trying to agitate
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:46 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1533, Save The Dragons wrote:Vpb can you clarify your read on my pair

It seems like it's the same low effort push known mafia cakez was trying to make
I would say my read on your pair is more Relly based because you give nothing to games and it's very hard for me to read you. I'll admit tho that I'm doubting myself a bit. Early on I felt like relly was being very fluffy in a way that seemed counter to my experience playing with him and reading him before. In addition to that, he was soft pushing for cakez to live in a way that I find very scummy. It's exactly the type of middle road, pushing but not pushing scum do all the time. That being said, I do know he has young kids and is perpetually behind here, so I'm going on instinct here without as much substance as I'd like.

I felt like Relly's last catch up was more town vibing, but I do still trust my instinct to some degree and I don't think there is a world where your pair should endgame.
YOUR AD HERE

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:46 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1515, furtiveglance wrote:If I strongly scumread my partner then I will. The thing is that if they're Town I'll feel really guilty for unilaterally taking their fun away
this post gave me the heebee jeebes.
Even though i said basically the same thing earlier regarding the second half...
FEELS OFF
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:46 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1545, Thestatusquo wrote:I'm not engaging with someone whose argument starts with the bullet point "is a wimp"

Fuck off.
Ok sure thing. This is so fake it should be a Hallmark movie.
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”