Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #8400 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:05 pm

Post by Past Present Future »

In post 8398, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:It's not a distinction that massively matters to me when I have confidence that Firebringer's a scum flip regardless of the flavor
You also thought that of furtive and Prof and I know you’re wrong on me so this isn’t persuasive, especially since I don’t see why it couldn’t be you?
It’s the end of the world as you know it and we feel fine.

Hydra of Titus, Auro and Nancy Drew 39
Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8401 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:10 pm

I also initially thought FA could be town, so sell me on Fire because I think he plays like this pretty much every game? But I do think if he’s scum here, it’s Solar. I don’t believe STD replaces out if FA’s a buddy.

Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8402 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:35 pm

Another reason I’m suspicious of your slot is that you wanted to lim us over Prof yesterday and only voted him when the majority was opposed to that.

Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8403 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:37 pm

In post 8392, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
In post 8388, Past Present Future wrote:
In post 8317, professotic wrote:VOTE: Dingle

Radical and Dingle both pushed my slot early day 1 with Mastina.
Mastina was Town
Radical was Solar
Dingle can be Lunar
I’m very surprised Prof flipped town but there’s was a VC where he was at E-2 with MMR on the wagon.
I'm not sure what you're trying to suggest with this comment. I've already discussed the fact that MMR had a prof push previously. It was originally why I thought Prof was unlikely Lunar.
@Dangle why do you think Prof thinks it’s you? I’m worried since I wrongly tr you last time and Prof caught you?
Prof openly admitted in this game that he starts with a 'hero solve' and then puts together evidence from there. I don't know why he decided we were scum. I don't have any confidence in Drapion's scumhunting ability. I don't think Drapion's scumread on Bella in Lost was based on much of substance either, despite being accurate. I explained as much to Bella at the start of this game, and she didn't see it until we got a little while into this game. Because in Lost she was scum who got caught by his PR, and in this game we're town and he incorrectly tunneled us all game.

It's also worth noting that like 80% of the content in this game has come from Klick, and Bella's a lot less active in this game than she was in that game. She's also town here. ;)
But you still voted him?

Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8404 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:41 pm

In post 8391, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
In post 8385, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I remember thinking save the dragons (ydrasse) and frozen angel (firebringer) were probably unaligned because they had that heated convo about dragons not wanting to learn mech. I still think fb is solar. Really not sure who the last lunar is
This was my reason for thinking Firebringer couldn't be Lunar

I'm kinda running out of options though. And I already thought STD didn't make sense as scum period for that interaction, and was wrong. That makes me unwilling to rule out Firebringer as Lunar from the interaction. I don't think anything FA did makes the slot unlikely Lunar. I don’t think anything Firebringer has done makes him unlikely Lunar. It's just the STD interaction that I've already read incorrectly once, and so with limited options for Lunar, I feel as though that could be the weak point in my thinking at the moment.

Regardless I think Firebringer is likely to flip any flavor of scum so it's not hugely relevant. But still!
Look if it’s not you then idk why you’re not looking at other slots?

I don’t think Fire can be lunar based off of STD replacing out, he can only be town or solar, so he is pretty much my last pick for possible lunar. Sure, solar isn’t off the table but I don’t understand why you’re not looking for that?

Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8405 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:44 am

Post by Dingle Dangle Scarecrow »

In post 8399, Past Present Future wrote:He replaced out because of it. In what world do you possibly get scum theatre from that?
I'm pretty certain it's against the rules to discuss reasons for replacing out?

Regardless, your reduction of the possibilities as either 'legitimate frustration with someone STD is unaligned with' or 'scum theatre' is short-sighted. Specifically, I feel as though 'legitimate frustration with a scumbuddy' is a possibility.
Past Present Future wrote:
In post 8398, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:It's not a distinction that massively matters to me when I have confidence that Firebringer's a scum flip regardless of the flavor
You also thought that of furtive and Prof and I know you’re wrong on me so this isn’t persuasive, especially since I don’t see why it couldn’t be you?
Good thing my goal wasn't to be persuasive to you, but rather to state my thoughts
Past Present Future wrote:Another reason I’m suspicious of your slot is that you wanted to lim us over Prof yesterday and only voted him when the majority was opposed to that.
I both didn't want to lim you yesterday AND didn't vote Prof

I didn't place a vote yesterday. I probably would have hammered Prof had he reached E-1. Limming you yesterday was something I considered, but never actively wanted.
Enchant
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Post Post #8406 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:46 am

Post by Enchant »

I saw there theory about 4 lunars. I don't really hate this idea, but.

Lunars DO have something factional.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Enchant
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Post Post #8407 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:48 am

Post by Enchant »

Fairly this is more aimed at target of this surviving, atleast for night.
Wizard-Mercenary

Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8408 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:02 am

In post 8405, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
In post 8399, Past Present Future wrote:He replaced out because of it. In what world do you possibly get scum theatre from that?
I'm pretty certain it's against the rules to discuss reasons for replacing out?

Regardless, your reduction of the possibilities as either 'legitimate frustration with someone STD is unaligned with' or 'scum theatre' is short-sighted. Specifically, I feel as though 'legitimate frustration with a scumbuddy' is a possibility.
Past Present Future wrote:
Good thing my goal wasn't to be persuasive to you, but rather to state my thoughts
Past Present Future wrote:Another reason I’m suspicious of your slot is that you wanted to lim us over Prof yesterday and only voted him when the majority was opposed to that.
I both didn't want to lim you yesterday AND didn't vote Prof

I didn't place a vote yesterday. I probably would have hammered Prof had he reached E-1. Limming you yesterday was something I considered, but never actively wanted.
Where is that against the rules? I’m pretty sure it isn’t - not on MS anyway.

Anyway no, I don’t think I’m being shortsighted and if Fire were to flip lunar, I will apologize to you but I think that’s
extremely
unlikely. If there’s ever been an interaction in my entire mafia history that screams the complete antithesis of scum theatre, it’s hands down, FA & STD, so if anyone is being shortsighted here, it’s not me.

Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8409 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:03 am

In post 8403, Past Present Future wrote:But you still voted him?
This deserves its own post because it is
the single most annoying thing
I come across in playing Mafia

When playing Mafia, there very often comes a time where I wind up with too many townreads for the game. I can cite many, many examples of where this has happened.

When this happens, my response is to go, 'hm, obviously I must have gotten something wrong. Who have I wrongly townread?'

Which makes sense, right? Because I can't be right on all of my conclusions if those conclusions have eliminated too many people as possible scum.

So I reevaluate my reasons for thinking people are town, and I decide which reasons have the least merit.

Notably, that often does
not
mean that I magically stop agreeing with the reasoning on a base level. It just means that I think there could be something about the situation that I have yet to consider.

A good example of this happening in this game was with MMR. I believed the way MMR handled their claim on D2 made very little sense if they were scum who made the whole thing up. I ALSO thought you were not likely to be scum. But I knew at least one of those conclusions had to be wrong. So, DESPITE the fact that I still believed MMR's behaviour made little sense as scum, I decided I was more likely to be wrong on that than I was to be wrong about my townread on you. You can see that thought process clearly in the post where I vote MMR:
In post 4237, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:VOTE: MMR

I don't think PPF is going to flip scum and it's more likely that I'm just wrong on MMR's claim being town
That's also why, DESPITE the fact that the most plausible explanation of MMR's behaviour to me is that they had a result indicative of a guilty result on you, I STILL have not actively pushed for your elimination. Because I strongly believe that there are reasons you're unlikely to flip scum based on play.

And therefore, I feel as though there's something I'm missing, or misreading.

That's the same thing that happened yesterday. There were reasons professotic wasn't likely to be Lunar. But I think that's true of everyone at this point. So I've got to be wrong about something, and I decided that Prof was the weakest read.

It deeply annoys me that people pretend that reasons that are separate from one another have to be perfectly consistent with each other. It's possible to believe something that is wrong, or that would be right if not for something that one hasn't considered yet.
Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8410 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:06 am

In post 8406, Enchant wrote:I saw there theory about 4 lunars. I don't really hate this idea, but.

Lunars DO have something factional.
I’d love to figure out what that is because once again, nada happened during nights, unless anyone knows differently?

Unless they do have delayed kills or something like CSF suggested. Otherwise, no clue.

Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8411 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:08 am

In post 8408, Past Present Future wrote:
In post 8405, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:I'm pretty certain it's against the rules to discuss reasons for replacing out?
Where is that against the rules? I’m pretty sure it isn’t - not on MS anyway.
I was pretty sure this was a thing but I now can't find it

Yo T-Bone could you weigh in on this pls
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8412 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:10 am

Nancy can you please link me your 3 most recent scum games?
Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8413 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:15 am

In post 8409, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
In post 8403, Past Present Future wrote:But you still voted him?
This deserves its own post because it is
the single most annoying thing
I come across in playing Mafia

When playing Mafia, there very often comes a time where I wind up with too many townreads for the game. I can cite many, many examples of where this has happened.

When this happens, my response is to go, 'hm, obviously I must have gotten something wrong. Who have I wrongly townread?'

Which makes sense, right? Because I can't be right on all of my conclusions if those conclusions have eliminated too many people as possible scum.

So I reevaluate my reasons for thinking people are town, and I decide which reasons have the least merit.

Notably, that often does
not
mean that I magically stop agreeing with the reasoning on a base level. It just means that I think there could be something about the situation that I have yet to consider.

A good example of this happening in this game was with MMR. I believed the way MMR handled their claim on D2 made very little sense if they were scum who made the whole thing up. I ALSO thought you were not likely to be scum. But I knew at least one of those conclusions had to be wrong. So, DESPITE the fact that I still believed MMR's behaviour made little sense as scum, I decided I was more likely to be wrong on that than I was to be wrong about my townread on you. You can see that thought process clearly in the post where I vote MMR:
In post 4237, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:VOTE: MMR

I don't think PPF is going to flip scum and it's more likely that I'm just wrong on MMR's claim being town
That's also why, DESPITE the fact that the most plausible explanation of MMR's behaviour to me is that they had a result indicative of a guilty result on you, I STILL have not actively pushed for your elimination. Because I strongly believe that there are reasons you're unlikely to flip scum based on play.

And therefore, I feel as though there's something I'm missing, or misreading.

That's the same thing that happened yesterday. There were reasons professotic wasn't likely to be Lunar. But I think that's true of everyone at this point. So I've got to be wrong about something, and I decided that Prof was the weakest read.

It deeply annoys me that people pretend that reasons that are separate from one another have to be perfectly consistent with each other. It's possible to believe something that is wrong, or that would be right if not for something that one hasn't considered yet.
I just really think it makes very little sense for anyone who’s read STD/FA interactions to seriously think that could be scum theatre and I do think STD’s replacing out does seal that for me and again I say, ift isn’t you, you need to be looking elsewhere.

Not trying to be offensive or anything but it just reads lazy to me to say Fire could be either, when STD/FA interactions demonstrate otherwise.

So I’m annoyed that you aren’t considering any other possibilities for lunar. If you’re lock convinced Fire has to be solar then fine but I just can’t see a world here where Fire and Ydrasse are ever buddies based off of those interactions.

Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8414 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:19 am

You keep saying 'scum theatre'
Can you please define what you mean by that when you say it?
Because I've never said it in this conversation and I suspect I have a very different definition of it than you.
Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8415 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:19 am

In post 8412, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:Nancy can you please link me your 3 most recent scum games?
I don’t remember. I usually play on hydras or alts, so you might want to look there but if I can’t remember, good luck in finding them.

Only one comes to mind that’s recent was Even Odd Killers. I was 50% of Rats.

And I would like both of you to return the favour since not particularly impressed with this deflection

Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8416 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:24 am

In post 8414, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:You keep saying 'scum theatre'
Can you please define what you mean by that when you say it?
Because I've never said it in this conversation and I suspect I have a very different definition of it than you.
Scum theatre is when two groupscum fake argue to not appear to be aligned.

And I don’t believe FA & STD look aligned from those interactions. Prior to Ydrasse flip, I could possibly see it with MMR because I thought they were wking STD and distancing FA but not with Ydrasse and Fire because I don’t see them as ever aligned. STD in retrospect looks like tilted scum who got caught for possibly the wrong reasons and threw a fit at FA.

Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8417 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:26 am

In post 8415, Past Present Future wrote:
In post 8412, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:Nancy can you please link me your 3 most recent scum games?
I don’t remember. I usually play on hydras or alts, so you might want to look there but if I can’t remember, good luck in finding them.

And I would like both of you to return the favour since not particularly impressed with this deflection
Probably need it more from Klick since I know of two from Bella.

Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8418 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:36 am

In post 8416, Past Present Future wrote:Scum theatre is when two groupscum fake argue to not appear to be aligned.
Right, okay
I've already said I don't think their argument was fake
So why do you keep referring to my stance as STD and FA doing 'scum theatre' when I've explicitly said I don't think that's what's happening
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8419 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:37 am

What deflection

It's been ages since I've been scum but I'll try and find some lol
Enchant
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Post Post #8420 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:37 am

Post by Enchant »

So you was 16 of rats?
Wizard-Mercenary

Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8421 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:46 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=89739
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=88034
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=85710
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=83872

Enjoy, none of them are very long
Let me know what you get from them please!
Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8422 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:47 am

In post 8418, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
In post 8416, Past Present Future wrote:Scum theatre is when two groupscum fake argue to not appear to be aligned.
Right, okay
I've already said I don't think their argument was fake
So why do you keep referring to my stance as STD and FA doing 'scum theatre' when I've explicitly said I don't think that's what's happening
Well if your argument is that they’re somehow tilted buddies then I think that makes even less sense because it doesn’t look like that to me at all.

I was in this game where SS and Guilty Lion were scum and I caught GL in that because when GL pushed SS, scum!SS treated it pretty much like a joke. Otoh, he got noticeably tilted at anyone else pushing him.

Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8423 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:49 am

In post 8420, Enchant wrote:
So you was 16 of rats?
:lol:

I was half of that hydra along with RR, which you already know.

Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8424 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:04 am

Really not very much, probably stick to trying to read Bella then.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”