Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2325 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:29 am

Post by Shirou »

Ok maybe we need to kill some people from the "Not voting MariaR" camp before we can eliminate her.

I think Ydra/Fire may be the best pair for that because I have zero reason to think they're particularly town, zero reason to think this isn't scum whiteknighting if I am wrong, and seems like zero reason to believe they'll vote scum if I am right.

Most importantly though, neither of them are voting MariaR I guess.
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2326 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:31 am

Post by Shirou »

Yeah, if they die and I am not dead tomorrow we probably have enough for MariaR. I feel like they may be more unpopular than Ma4iaR itself thoug and that's a shame.

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
(Aka Volpe14)
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Goodfellas/White Knight
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2327 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:35 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 2319, Ydrasse wrote:i don’t think shea ever does what he did this game as scum
sorry not sorry but that would be so gross to start up and then whine about toxicity you took part it knowing how it didn’t even matter because it came from someone prodding at you

i don’t think anyone’s made a really compelling case for furtive being scum and i’m still waiting
i feel like i’m waiting for reasons on a ton of things that i’m not getting
Who's shea and when did that thing you're talking about happened?
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2328 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:16 am

Post by Shirou »

So this is my
ultimatum
here:

I am not voting a pair that has one of it's people vote MariaR. Until the end of the game, no matter what, or until I die. (Unless MariaR is flipped). I mean this literally no matter the situation.

I am also not leaving the dance until MariaR is flipped no matter what you say about Meuh, and if any of you have a problem with that, either kill my pair or give me MariaR flip.

You're guaranteed to have me "gamethrow" if me and her pair are alive together by the end of this game, I am gonna keep voting her or a pair that doesn't want to vote them, don't care about the arguments or even if I think they are more likely town than scum. I need to kill scum more than I need "town reads".

I am gonna simply stop caring about this game for my mental health sake unless MariaR dies. That's it now good luck finding scum when Cakez literally admitted to be scum and no one said anything about it.

I had to stop shitposting and roleplaying to effort a bit because the possibility that it was a scumclaim kept haunting me and apparently for good reason.

All of this isn't anti-wincon because my wincon literally is to kill all scum and I believe MariaR is scum.

I do also think that in a vacuum TSQ replace out comes from town more often than not but the last time I trusted this sort of tell from an alt of someone well known in this site, they were scum and just made me almost lose the game for technically out of game influence. It wasn't fun. We are supposed to not read replacements as alignment indicative and that's what I am gonna do to not only not have regrets but also not blame the result of my reads on this game on others.

I am sorry if I am wrong on MariaR and I can be but I need and want this flip. Unless you guys get scum out of my suspects lists. Then I can reconsider maybe.

(Aka Volpe14)
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2329 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:28 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i listen to reasons for reads not ultimatums
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2330 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:30 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 2328, Shirou wrote:So this is my
ultimatum
here:

I am not voting a pair that has one of it's people vote MariaR. Until the end of the game, no matter what, or until I die. (Unless MariaR is flipped). I mean this literally no matter the situation.

I am also not leaving the dance until MariaR is flipped no matter what you say about Meuh, and if any of you have a problem with that, either kill my pair or give me MariaR flip.

You're guaranteed to have me "gamethrow" if me and her pair are alive together by the end of this game, I am gonna keep voting her or a pair that doesn't want to vote them, don't care about the arguments or even if I think they are more likely town than scum. I need to kill scum more than I need "town reads".

I am gonna simply stop caring about this game for my mental health sake unless MariaR dies. That's it now good luck finding scum when Cakez literally admitted to be scum and no one said anything about it.

I had to stop shitposting and roleplaying to effort a bit because the possibility that it was a scumclaim kept haunting me and apparently for good reason.

All of this isn't anti-wincon because my wincon literally is to kill all scum and I believe MariaR is scum.

I do also think that in a vacuum TSQ replace out comes from town more often than not but the last time I trusted this sort of tell from an alt of someone well known in this site, they were scum and just made me almost lose the game for technically out of game influence. It wasn't fun. We are supposed to not read replacements as alignment indicative and that's what I am gonna do to not only not have regrets but also not blame the result of my reads on this game on others.

I am sorry if I am wrong on MariaR and I can be but I need and want this flip. Unless you guys get scum out of my suspects lists. Then I can reconsider maybe.
Fine, do this
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2331 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:34 am

Post by Shirou »

The above is dramatic and toxic, sorry.

But I am going crazy here getting into arguments with people about MariaR, haven't been able to concentrate on stuff outside of the game and etc. I need to disconnect myself from this game if I am not getting MariaR flip ever (What sounds like it's gonna happen? You all want to kill the people that can/do cast votes on her).

If the pair needs to die eventually anyway, why not now?

If you think the pair is t/t...well, I disagree and don't know how to engage this game freshly with that perspective on mind. So I may be the problem and need to chill out.

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2332 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:35 am

Post by Shirou »

I can vote ydra/fire though today if it comes to that

(Aka Volpe14)
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2333 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:40 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Furitives focus has been on survival when a town mindset is one that may require sacrifice. You may have to kill your partner if they're scum in a dance game. So the right mindset would be to sort your partner and figure out if you need to leave.

Instead, furitive has done absolutely NOTHING to advance the town win condition except sheep the IC who was right about the pair but wrong about the person. Could be a bus. His only real case is an OMGuS vote because I'm apparently lazy scum (no elaboration) so I think he's projecting.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2334 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:41 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 2331, Shirou wrote:The above is dramatic and toxic, sorry.

But I am going crazy here getting into arguments with people about MariaR, haven't been able to concentrate on stuff outside of the game and etc. I need to disconnect myself from this game if I am not getting MariaR flip ever (What sounds like it's gonna happen? You all want to kill the people that can/do cast votes on her).

If the pair needs to die eventually anyway, why not now?

If you think the pair is t/t...well, I disagree and don't know how to engage this game freshly with that perspective on mind. So I may be the problem and need to chill out.
Idk man like I said before MariaR seems really town to me, in the PT and in the main thread. Only completed game with Maria is schadd's Large Normal (towngame) and I townread her quite early. If I'm wrong I'm a clown but that's the nature of mafia.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2335 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:41 am

Post by Meuh »

IS FURTIVEGLANCE SCUM? (an analysis by Meuh, do not steal)

So I think MariaR is scummy and I wanna help out Shirou's solve, but I prefer my vote on Irrel/STD at the moment because I'm kind of just ???? on Furtive, so I wanna take a dive into Ausuka and Furtive's posting to get a better grasp on them.
Let's take a looksies!!
~
Spoiler: Some posts
In post 7, Ausuka wrote:who wants to dance with me
In post 11, Ausuka wrote:wow i can't believe i'm at a dance with all these upper-class ladies
In post 14, Ausuka wrote:it's like doki doki literature club in here
In post 31, Ausuka wrote:i'm actually really bad at things like that. i used to play just dance on the wii and all my friends would just like, wipe the floor with me. don't tell the gentlemen

Okay, so in Ausuka's 4 opening posts, there's the sort of disconnect with the rest of the game that was brought up before (I think by Shirou at first?) that's bothered me ever since. Still feel just blegh about it :?
~
Spoiler: Some more posts
In post 36, Ausuka wrote:
In post 32, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 27, Shirou wrote:
In post 14, Ausuka wrote:it's like doki doki literature club in here
Remember gentlemen.

Just Shirou

Okie?

In post 17, Ydrasse wrote:
tch... all these ladies and their energy... don’t they know gentlemen want someone who pretends to not want them!?
Oh My...Oh Dear. Seems like there's a lady that doesn't truly understand a gentleman's heart here.

What gentlemen truly want is a pixie maniac girl that loves they unconditionally...like
me
, you know?

baka! you can’t show them how you really feel, or else they’ll just leave!

you're both wrong. the solution is to never talk to them, so they can't ever reject you
In post 42, Ausuka wrote:
In post 40, Meuh wrote:
In post 36, Ausuka wrote:you're both wrong. the solution is to never talk to them, so they can't ever reject you
Note to self, don't ask Ausuka to dance...
:cry: i'd make an exception for you!
In post 43, Ausuka wrote:i mean, when it's a platonic dance, the anxiety is a lot less anyways
In post 47, Ausuka wrote:am I allowed to use a script to fulfill this
In post 52, Ausuka wrote:pedit: ok wow men are so demanding nowadays
In post 53, Ausuka wrote:20 posts a day take it or leave it

Ausuka starts talking with people and it's like, fine. The fact there's a lot of posts talking to me, knowing I'm town this feels a bit less good because I think scum would be more eager to interact with townies than with their partners
Ausuka trying to appeal to me I guess could be desperate scum™ but I don't exactly see it here. Kind of just neutral on these.
~
Spoiler: A pair of posts
In post 59, Ausuka wrote:
In post 55, Meuh wrote:
In post 52, Ausuka wrote:I mean I see the advantage but it also means we can't really get rid of the person we put him with?
I mean GL could just leave the game whenever, right? He'd have control on when to pull the trigger
I mean yeah but like, idk it seems problematic to put the conftown in a situation where he will probably have to leave the dance voluntarily if that makes sense?

I am not really sure what the optimal strategy is

Okay so these are the first 2 juicy posts in this ISO, wooooooo
At first when reading this I was like "Okay, this is Ausuka figuring out how the setup works." But I checked and Ausuka has played a dance game before, so I'd assume she'd be more sure on this?
and then there's the fact that Ausuka is focused specifically on what happens to the person with GL, which is interesting to me considering we're saying that player would be someone scummy. Could be a scum mentality leaking through in the form of like "what would happen to my partner if they ended up partnered with GL?". Also I don't think Ausuka ever mentions GL again which is concerning to me because 55 is a post centered on not wanting to encumber GL, which implies Ausuka sees a good level of utility to his existence in the game? + different perspective than me which is bad because I'm town :cool:
Don't like these, honestly!
~
Spoiler: Guess what, more posts
In post 65, Ausuka wrote:ok quick question; to what extent are we like, taking this seriously

i kind of took this as a 'meme with friends' game
In post 73, Ausuka wrote:
In post 71, fireisredsir wrote:i think we're supposed to speedrun this before midnight right?
i think it's ok to keep going until midnight tomorrow, since it's New Years Day
In post 80, Ausuka wrote:there was a marathon game???
In post 87, Ausuka wrote:I think it is very reasonable not to read every post

This is more like a groupchat than a mafia game right now (but that's what makes it fun)

pedit: unfortunately for you there aren't any votes
In post 93, Ausuka wrote:
In post 90, Meuh wrote:Wait wait wait, I have an idea; we run a dance marathon game during the intermission...
omg
In post 129, Ausuka wrote:
In post 118, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 117, Meuh wrote:w-w-who want to... uh... to s-solv e and vibe together... uh... if any1's interestd...

We can't because Datisi is ruthlessly enforcing heteronormativity.
and gender norms! why is it that gentlemen have to ask ladies on a dance and it can't be the other way around
In post 131, Ausuka wrote:
In post 128, Ydrasse wrote:if no one asks me this game im going to have a joker moment
i would just quit the site forever honestly

Now I do think 65 is fine on its own considering Ausuka brought up an example of them saying this in a past game, but Ausuka like pushes the game towards being more casual right after with several posts not relevant to the game right after commenting on who GL should pair with. Post 87 sticks out to me because it implies that nothing thus far is alignment indicative which like, is just not true? There's always something to be found in what's been posted, especially since we did discuss the setup a good amount. To me it doesn't really reflect the mindset of someone hunting for scum to be dismissing a bunch of posts entirely??? Like just yikes on the mentality here
~
Spoiler: Ausuka falls in love???? Not clickbait
In post 191, Ausuka wrote:
In post 184, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 183, Firebringer wrote:ydra just mad cuz i rejected her before she asked me to dance
this is why i can't let anyone in... everyone always hurts me...
mood

anyway I am pretty happy to be in a pair with someone who is leave prone because I feel like people are going to be reluctant to leave me to endgame anyways and also the leaving mechanic is funny
In post 254, Ausuka wrote:
accept shea

Tbh I just don't want to be left out
In post 260, Ausuka wrote:
In post 255, Thestatusquo wrote:Love to be settled for. ;)
There are princesses at this party! I need to meet expectations and keep up appearances
In post 269, Ausuka wrote:I am enjoying tsundere ydrasse
In post 284, Ausuka wrote:Can I sheep someone this game
In post 391, Ausuka wrote:I will also object at any and all marriages
In post 419, Ausuka wrote:can't believe shea is cheating on me
In post 425, Ausuka wrote:
In post 424, Thestatusquo wrote:I have a snapchat account. I literally only use it to look at lalaladucks med school snaps.
and cheat on me with other women :roll:

Oki doki so 191 gives me some conflicting feelings here... Ausuka being willing to just die is a good look when yknow, scum don't want to die. However, I could also see Ausuka be scum who isn't very confident, with her saying she doesn't think people will take her to the end. Like I myself have thought since the start that I've had a strong chance of making the endgame because I have the ability to let my thought processes seep through, and then poof I can get a bunch of townreads. Like in terms of "does scum!Ausuka benefit from this?" the answer is no, but in terms of "is scum Ausuka in a mindstate to make this post?" the answer is yes, so idk what it actually means and I'd like other people's thoughts on it.
I think Ausuka accepts the proposal regardless of alignment there.
I like Ausuka shifting to less serious posts after making the pivotal decision to pair. I think scum would be more likely to want to justify it but Ausuka's just vibing :cool:
~
Spoiler: AUSUKA RESPONDS TO PRESSURE AND INTERACTS WITH SCUM???? (REAL!!)
In post 421, Ausuka wrote:
In post 410, Shirou wrote:Out of the top of my head I gut scumread Ausuka a bit
Huh, I thought you were scumreading me for asking if people wanted to take the game seriously. Is it a gut read now?
In post 426, Shirou wrote:
In post 65, Ausuka wrote:ok quick question; to what extent are we like, taking this seriously

i kind of took this as a 'meme with friends' game
In post 284, Ausuka wrote:Can I sheep someone this game
There's a few more posts similar to those but I think those illustrate my early issue with Ausuka the most. Asking "are we serious about this game" is the kind of awkward post that dunno, 7 out of 10 times comes from scum in my opinion and if you ask me for a source for those statistics the answer is
"I made it up"
, but really, I don't think that there's anyone that felt as lost in the game as Ausuka did so far.

Everyone was shitposting and having fun yes, but people were mostly
interacting with each other
, but Ausuka felt rather reserved and like as if she was talking to a vacuum, like she's hesitant to engage people. She mostly always reacted to others rather than engaging anyone herself, and she stopped posting soon after finding a partner. I know it sounds like a silly case, and well it's the first few pages so it's only expected to grasp at straws a bit, but although I'm too lazy to do it right now, I could eventually (if I don't die before that I guess) give some past examples of scum having "awkward" entrances like this where they are reserved on engaging people directly and just say stuff for the sake of saying it rather than having fun talking nonsense.
In post 430, Ausuka wrote:Is it really awkward to ask how much people are planning to effort in this game

This read feels sort of like you felt you needed to get a scumread for whatever reason
In post 434, Ausuka wrote:I also think the idea that I haven't been interacting with people is nonsense to the point I really think he started from that conclusion and made up things to justify it rather than reaching it organically
In post 435, Shirou wrote:
In post 421, Ausuka wrote:
In post 410, Shirou wrote:Out of the top of my head I gut scumread Ausuka a bit
Huh, I thought you were scumreading me for asking if people wanted to take the game seriously. Is it a gut read now?
Well I think it's minor enough to be considered a "gut read"?

I don't categorize gut reads as having necessarily no reason behind it, I see it more as reads that you know are based on heavy interpretation of someone's posts. I feel like you may also be acting this way here because of how your mood is at the moment in RL? It's also been years since I last played with you so I don't remember too well if those sort of posts are typical of you or not, it may be your personality.

So, "gut read" for me it is. I can easily be wrong...or right.
In post 439, Aristeia wrote:I dont think Shirou's scumread of Ausuka is really scum-motivated because shading in the paired ladies doesnt really help shirou get paired?

If he was scum trying to push a scumread atp I'd expect him to be shading in the unpaired ladies.
In post 440, Ausuka wrote:I kind of wouldn't expect scum to be so direct about that? Like going around shading your Lady Competition feels like something scum would be careful enough not to do, like how scum defend limbait a lot of the time because they're aware they could get called out if they take advantage
In post 441, Shirou wrote:
In post 434, Ausuka wrote:I also think the idea that I haven't been interacting with people is nonsense to the point I really think he started from that conclusion and made up things to justify it rather than reaching it organically
maybe saying you weren't "interacting" with people is a bit too much, but it felt like you were just reacting to me and posting anything that came to mind for the sake of posting rather than because you were having fun having banter with people.

You aren't wrong that the way I'm going about this isn't completely organically, I think I may just be left out so I'm trying to share the unique thing I've at the moment, part because it feels embarrassing if I die before contributing to
anything
, but part also because maybe trying to solve something will light the fire on Meuh's heart?!

I want her to just ask me out already, this is such a fun playerlist, I don't want to die so early or have a partner that isn't as active as me. I want to spam in the PT you know?
In post 443, Ausuka wrote:idk I mean, I'd like to hear from other people if they see what shirou is getting at here and if anyone agrees my early game actually sounds like I wasn't having fun bantering with my friends. If this is something people actually feel that might not be scummy but I do not see it at all
In post 444, Ausuka wrote:Don't worry most of it is memes, I don't think anyone expects people to necessarily read everything
In post 445, Ydrasse wrote:erm idk if most of it is memes half the game is paired
In post 446, Ausuka wrote:meme pairs
In post 447, Shirou wrote:
In post 443, Ausuka wrote:idk I mean, I'd like to hear from other people if they see what shirou is getting at here and if anyone agrees my early game actually sounds like I wasn't having fun bantering with my friends. If this is something people actually feel that might not be scummy but I do not see it at all
Hmm, you're again talking to some sort of "audience".
In post 449, Ausuka wrote:
In post 447, Shirou wrote:
Hmm, you're again talking to some sort of "audience".
k
In post 450, Ausuka wrote:I do not think 447 is even remotely good faith and am actively scumreading Shiro now

Although the setup means that doesn't really matter so lole
In post 455, Ausuka wrote:obviously I meant that I couldn't vote. whatever.
In post 468, Aristeia wrote:she does bristle as town when she gets pushed
In post 466, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 460, fireisredsir wrote:
i think the gut scumread and also the way it was described are both reasonable and understandable
I mean ausukas response pinged me because it reminded me of how she responded to me towards the end of pictures when I knew she was scum and was trying to say why GL should think that too.

I don't have any experience with town ausuka to know if she bristles like this as town though.
In post 473, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 472, Aristeia wrote:I don't think there's a real gain for scum!ausuka to push shirou!town here because if it works, shirou gets left out, and that just signal boosts the scumread on Ausuka?

the comparison you're making shea is different because scum!ausuka in pictures needs to elim you to win the game.
I understand this. The tone is just the exact same and that's what's pinging me. I understand the game state is quite different.
In post 474, Aristeia wrote:
In post 471, Shirou wrote:
Oh really? That's actually a bummer, it makes it a bit more unlikely that she's scum perhaps. Not yet convinced she isn't though.

this is the last time i pushed ausuka town in d1;

viewtopic.php?p=13463519#p13463519

she is pretty quick on the omgus button
In post 476, Ausuka wrote:
In post 469, Shirou wrote:
In post 450, Ausuka wrote:I do not think 447 is even remotely good faith and am actively scumreading Shiro now

Although the setup means that doesn't really matter so lole
Instantly trying to say I'm scum when I begin to push you for what some see as "grasping at straws" is exactly what Andante did to me in one of my last games here...and she was scum. That doesn't say much about you at all but so far you're doing everything I would expect scum!you to do and I want you to help me be proven wrong about my guess in your alignment if I'm in fact wrong about it. As hard as it may be if you're a townie indignant that I'm pushing you, going into hard self-defense mode doesn't help anyone including you.
part of it is that I've made posts similar to the effort one before a lot because it just seems like a common sense thing to ask in a game that is likely to be memey. why would I not want to gauge how much effort I'm going to have to put into this game? A quick example is this viewtopic.php?p=10996222#p10996222

I also think I have said something similar in marathon games which you have played with me but that is going to require me looking back through the forum files to verify.

Additionally I still think that post where you accused me of talking to the audience was bad faith because like I really do not think my comment there was that difficult to understand in that I want to gauge how likely it is that someone from the outside would perceive me talking to my friends as awkward. I would have hoped that people don't perceive me as awkward in that kind of situation where I'm talking to people who I think are my friends but it's fine. You immediately jump to the conclusion that the simple question is playing to some kind of audience and I don't really understand why town you does that at all
In post 478, Shirou wrote:
In post 474, Aristeia wrote:
In post 471, Shirou wrote:
Oh really? That's actually a bummer, it makes it a bit more unlikely that she's scum perhaps. Not yet convinced she isn't though.

this is the last time i pushed ausuka town in d1;

viewtopic.php?p=13463519#p13463519

she is pretty quick on the omgus button
Maybe it's just town!Ausuka hitting the OMGUS button as you're saying, but if she is scum I would expect her to also do this same OMGUS behavior when my "accusations" are kinda "light"/easy to dismiss?

If I wanted to tryhard I would begin looking for how much she does this whole "talking to an audience/no one in particular" thing versus engaging people directly or non-reactively, I think that may be a more relevant tell if we were to discuss meta

(hint: I don't know about you but I don't want to get too much into meta stuff because it rarely ever works for me. Most of my "deep meta" reads are wrong, taking just a tiny bit of meta in consideration works better for me)
In post 479, Ausuka wrote:To be clear I do not remember shiro to actually remember me saying that but like

Idk I don't remember him making a big deal out of it before, although that does again require verifying, and since he hasn't been playing mafia since like around then I wouldn't have expected his views to change that much.

Also if I have done it around him as town before it seems unlikely that it would gut ping him on a subconscious level.

Okay so there's just a lot going on here. :eek:
I feel similarly about the Shirou/Ausuka interactions than I do about some of the Shea/VPB interactions tbh
Shirou's bringing up reasonable things for which to scumread Ausuka and Ausuka's just weirdly not receptive to it at all
and like I know that townies aren't prone to scumread themselves but I also think townies are more in touch with the game, so they can more accurately sort reasonable and unreasonable ideas yknow? Everyone else in the thread was able to, why couldn't Ausuka?
Also I find it worth noting that Ausuka does actually have an incentive to push for Shirou!scum, because Cakez was unpartnered and yknow, is scum. I also think this means a red flip on Furtive ups Enchant's scum equity a good bit, because it'd click in perfectly with what Ausuka was doing at this point.

But I think the most interesting thing here is Ari jumping in. She first defends Shirou's point of view, but soon after also defends Ausuka, seemingly townreading them both. Something noteworthy is that at the time, Ausuka's paired and Shirou's unpaired. Ari's stance here, defending Ausuka, could pretty easily be turned into an attack on her, especially if she thinks Shirou's arguments are good, but instead she justifies both of their actions.
So ari is either:
1. Subtlety defending her partner by equating them to the other person in the 1v1. This makes more sense in an Ari/Shirou world than an Ari/Ausuka world, actually, because Ari has a real incentive to defend Shirou, so he can get a partner. Though it's noteworthy that Shirou was already looking like the more reasonable of the two, so this would probably be unnecessary? Though it'd check out with Shirou saying multiple times that he thinks he won't get paired.
2. Not paired with either of Ausuka and Shirou and is farming towncred by interacting positively with them both. Would explain why she doesn't think either of them's attack on the other is compelling.
3. Paired with BOTH of them. If this is what's going on here I need to find myself a new brain because this seems untrue for like a dozen of reasons.

I think option 2 is the most likely by a fair margin, because I can't really find a real incentive for Ari to be protecting her teammate at that point in time, especially Ausuka. and the alternative of Ari/Shirou needs to cross the hurdle of Shirou being scum in the first place which I doubt. Plus, this would also mean that Shirou is literally bussing his entire team, which like, bold, and also I'd expect him to be hard towncasing me right now if that was the case because I could always wind up getting scumread and ruining his entire plan. and on top of it all, Ari was scumreading Cakez to try to distance, right? So I'd find it odd for her to take the opposite approach to other teammates.

So I guess Ausuka's probably just town? Like their posting irks me in several ways but interactions with scum are much more meaningful than weird posts so I can't really see scum!Furtive fit into the picture
I honestly entered Ausuka's ISO wanting to end up scumreading them so I could confidently help out Shirou's push but uh, nope
I also wanted to check out every post from Ausuka/Furtive but I don't feel like it anymore, especially now seeing Ari's stance.
If anyone has a different perspective on Ari/Ausuka please do share because those posts speak volumes to me here
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2336 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:44 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 2333, Save The Dragons wrote:Furitives focus has been on survival when a town mindset is one that may require sacrifice. You may have to kill your partner if they're scum in a dance game. So the right mindset would be to sort your partner and figure out if you need to leave.

Instead, furitive has done absolutely NOTHING to advance the town win condition except sheep the IC who was right about the pair but wrong about the person. Could be a bus. His only real case is an OMGuS vote because I'm apparently lazy scum (no elaboration) so I think he's projecting.
I'm not sure what you usually expect from replacements. I haven't read the first 50 or so pages and probably never will. I voted correctly, judge me on that. I find your frequent in thread jokey posts combined with your trajectory (against me/Maria) concerning and sinister. Have you ever explained your suspicion (at the time that you voted)? It was on Maria right? Were you just sheeping? What I mean by lazy is that I don't see thought process.

But yeah, it's funny if you're implying that I as scum was feeling lazy and decided to call you lazy scum.

wow Meuh I'll have a look at this and see if I'm scum
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2337 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:47 am

Post by Shirou »

You tried Meuh, and it's fine, knowing me I am just being stupid here

I don't scum read Furt though, I was just egging him to get people to vote for MariaR by association.

Luv you for the effort Meuh

(Aka Volpe14)
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2338 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:47 am

I mean gimlis done more than you have and he had less days so blaming replacements is ????
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2339 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:50 am

I don't really understand jokes as a scumtell either it's just my personality
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2340 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:55 am

Post by Meuh »

Yeah I don't think you had much conviction there, so I thought it'd be best for me to explore that ISO myself than to hedge my bets on you trying to prove a point you don't really believe in. :? (Plus it's a good time for me to really get my head back into this game, I've felt a bit detached for a bit, mostly due to irl stuff)

I still feel bad about MariaR but it's hard for me to find the wagon that appealing when I don't think Furtive makes much sense as scum, and Gimli/STD's right there with 2 people I think are at least mildly scummy

I guess I can jump on MariaR/Furtive still because it's better than a lot of alternatives (I think Gimli/STD and Midway/Enchant are the only ones I really prefer) but not until there's more momentum for it
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2341 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:56 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 2335, Meuh wrote:IS FURTIVEGLANCE SCUM? (an analysis by Meuh, do not steal)
can someone please steal this and take credit
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2342 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:58 am

Post by Meuh »

M-my life's work!!
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2343 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:03 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2335, Meuh wrote:I think option 2 is the most likely by a fair margin, because I can't really find a real incentive for Ari to be protecting her teammate at that point in time, especially Ausuka. and the alternative of Ari/Shirou needs to cross the hurdle of Shirou being scum in the first place which I doubt. Plus, this would also mean that Shirou is literally bussing his entire team, which like, bold, and also I'd expect him to be hard towncasing me right now if that was the case because I could always wind up getting scumread and ruining his entire plan. and on top of it all, Ari was scumreading Cakez to try to distance, right? So I'd find it odd for her to take the opposite approach to other teammates.

So I guess Ausuka's probably just town? Like their posting irks me in several ways but interactions with scum are much more meaningful than weird posts so I can't really see scum!Furtive fit into the picture
I honestly entered Ausuka's ISO wanting to end up scumreading them so I could confidently help out Shirou's push but uh, nope
I also wanted to check out every post from Ausuka/Furtive but I don't feel like it anymore, especially now seeing Ari's stance.
If anyone has a different perspective on Ari/Ausuka please do share because those posts speak volumes to me here
i don't think it would be at all unlikely for ari to defend partner ausuka there, and actually imo slightly tilts +scum to me

taking the opposite approach to two different scum partners seems totally reasonable and i don't know why you'd rule it out? i really doubt that just bc ari was bussing cakez that she would bus her whole team. i think scum literally always have incentive to defend their partners, ausuka was picking up a decent amount of suspicion around that point and ari successfully defused shirou's scumread there

in turing test in scum pt ari talked with scum partner roden about a distinct meta tell she thought he had and how he should respond in order to get townread, and then shared the meta tell in thread

she was attacking roden there more i think but then backed off. i think it's very believable that she would defend ausuka especially if they were in communication in the scum pt about what ari believed to be ausuka's meta
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2344 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:05 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

furtive does have somewhat similar vibes to his replace in during house of the dragon which i wrongly scumread him for so idk
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2345 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:13 pm

My case got mostly ignored
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2346 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:13 pm

But it actually exists unlike reasons to scumread me
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2347 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:15 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i thought it was a good point
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2348 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:17 pm

Ty

That better not be a pocket attempt because I would cry
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2349 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:18 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

furtive was very survival focused in datisis cafe but i think he can be that way as town too was kinda what i was thinking when i referenced house of the dragon

it is true here tho that there is less incentive for town to be strictly survival oriented bc its possible your partner can be scum

ig whats hard is sorting through whether furtive's strong townread on maria is out of necessity or if it's a genuine read. if it's a genuine read then it's understandable that he would be survival focused, and i also think it's understandable that he would have that read

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”