Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2375 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:52 pm

Post by Shirou »

I probably will have my PC back this weekend so I probably will at least be around to chat in the PT if you wanna

See ya guys
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:53 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 2362, fireisredsir wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 427, Aristeia wrote:Maybe its slightly +town to be so open about all this. his mindset feels very open.

"romance is dead and I'm here to hit on everyone"
In post 432, Aristeia wrote:
In post 429, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 427, Aristeia wrote:Maybe its slightly +town to be so open about all this. his mindset feels very open.

"romance is dead and I'm here to hit on everyone"
who are you talking about here?
tsq
In post 439, Aristeia wrote:I dont think Shirou's scumread of Ausuka is really scum-motivated because shading in the paired ladies doesnt really help shirou get paired?

If he was scum trying to push a scumread atp I'd expect him to be shading in the unpaired ladies.
In post 472, Aristeia wrote:I don't think there's a real gain for scum!ausuka to push shirou!town here because if it works, shirou gets left out, and that just signal boosts the scumread on Ausuka?

the comparison you're making shea is different because scum!ausuka in pictures needs to elim you to win the game.
In post 474, Aristeia wrote:
In post 471, Shirou wrote:
In post 468, Aristeia wrote:she does bristle as town when she gets pushed
Oh really? That's actually a bummer, it makes it a bit more unlikely that she's scum perhaps. Not yet convinced she isn't though.

this is the last time i pushed ausuka town in d1;

viewtopic.php?p=13463519#p13463519

she is pretty quick on the omgus button
In post 827, Aristeia wrote:
In post 820, Irrel wrote:When Shirou and Ausuka were going at it I found Aristeia’s defense of Ausuka towny

I think??? this is a good take: TSQ as scum would not be so present in the thread on New Years Eve?? This might be dumb but if anyone as I was skimming, he kinda seemed the most like an old guy seated out on his front porch to oversee everything and comment on it all… and that sounds fun to do as town and sounds like hard work to do as scum. And idk my gut says scum doesn’t take on hard work on New Years Eve.

Shirou/Ausuka did very little to help me read either of them, but I thought Shirou saying “I made up the scumread so Meuh would pair with me” was lightly scummy
I think the towniest thing tsq did was like signal amplifying on Ausuka immediately after Shirou pushed her because I don't see why mafia would ever do that to their own dance partner because like ??
In post 1451, Aristeia wrote:why does it even matter what Unowen's alignment is to Baltar at that point in time?

Baltar's a lady. Getting a match is more important than checking to make sure the player he's matching with is town.

If Unowen is mafia, he's getting paired with someone regardless of whether Baltar reads him correctly.
In post 1452, Aristeia wrote:Hypothetically speaking if Baltar is town and Unowen is mafia, how does Baltar scumreading Unowen correctly before the pairing really do anything?

Like let's say Baltar reads Unowen and decides Unowen's mafia.

What's he supposed to do then? If he says no I don't want to dance with you, Unowen!Scum just goes and picks another lady and baltar gets flipped and then ???

If Baltar pairs with Unowen and then decides later in the PT that Unowen is mafia, he can just press leave and Unowen gets flipped.

Like I don't really see a scenario where it's better to be picky instead of just grabbing the first proposal that comes your way unless you want to like endgame and everyone thinks you're town.

ok yeah mostly these + the push on cakez were where i felt the vibes

so that's
- defending shea (ausuka and shea are paired at this point)
- pushing that ausuka and shirou are tvt
- again defending shea
- defending baltar

all of these felt off to me at the time and were a part of why i was scumreading ari. the points were correct but the way she was making them felt like it was motivated

i think it's pretty likely that a standard scum approach to this would be to defend the town that is paired with a scum partner. it's easy to do because you can use your tmi powers to push something that is correct, it doesn't actually implicate you for defending scum, and it helps prevent your scum partners from getting eliminated

im slightly talking myself into a furtive scum world here. i think especially that ari's argument with shea, while probably unaligned with shea, is interesting for the fact that she never really pressured shea at all for it or had any sense of a threat of scumreading him due to the argument. some people have said that the argument felt off, and i think it's possible that this is why. not that she's paired with shea, but that she isn't interested in limming him bc his partner was scum

i also think that similarly the defense of baltar could be motivated to protect owen

thoughts?
Never thought about scum defending their buddies' partners as a means to shield them, there's a whole layer to this I hadn't considered lmao
I did notice Ari defending Shea right before defending Ausuka which now that you bring it up, yeah they're a pair so her behaviour towards them as a group is interesting
Though regarding Shea/Ausuka, do you think the opposite could be true and Shea is the partner while Ausuka is town? I should probably give a second look at that argument between Ari/Shea but last I checked I don't think it looked impossible to be paired. Because I think that's a more likely possibility at this point
I guess it doesn't really matter who the scum is in that group as long as there's one, huh
UNOwen is definitely someone I wanna give a second look to at some point but even with this I don't really want to vote there, I think if we flip MariaR/Furtive and see red though, his scum equity's definitely up
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:55 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Where has the meuh of the past hour been all game
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:56 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2373, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 2372, fireisredsir wrote:ari's scumgame is good but i think she isn't at all afraid to be straightforward and just push for what she wants

last time i played against her i saw the points at which it looked like she could be making these same types of pushes of scum agenda but i wasn't willing to pull the trigger on it partly bc it seemed like it was almost too blatant (specifically thinking of turing test where she pushed for the kitty towncase right when she needed a dann elim, for those who played/read that)
What is this in reference to this game?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:58 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 2378, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 2373, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 2372, fireisredsir wrote:ari's scumgame is good but i think she isn't at all afraid to be straightforward and just push for what she wants

last time i played against her i saw the points at which it looked like she could be making these same types of pushes of scum agenda but i wasn't willing to pull the trigger on it partly bc it seemed like it was almost too blatant (specifically thinking of turing test where she pushed for the kitty towncase right when she needed a dann elim, for those who played/read that)
What is this in reference to this game?
Well of that post the point that potentially rings true the most to me is defending Owen by using Baltar as a proxy
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:01 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2376, Meuh wrote:I did notice Ari defending Shea right before defending Ausuka which now that you bring it up, yeah they're a pair so her behaviour towards them as a group is interesting
Though regarding Shea/Ausuka, do you think the opposite could be true and Shea is the partner while Ausuka is town? I should probably give a second look at that argument between Ari/Shea but last I checked I don't think it looked impossible to be paired. Because I think that's a more likely possibility at this point
I guess it doesn't really matter who the scum is in that group as long as there's one, huh
it's possible yes. i think it's pretty unlikely that shea was scum personally but obviously nothing is 100%. i think it's more likely that her argument with shea (which was about whether cakez was scum or not) had the vibe that it did bc she didnt want to push the pairing.

but yea it doesn't really matter which it is
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:07 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 2374, Shirou wrote:Now that I am back to my casual self, before I go off to do house chores I need to say:

Meuh, my white knight in shining armor, forgive me for not giving much attention to our relationship.

Before I knew it, I started to lose myself. Day and night, I attempted to slay and slay amidst the greenish forrest...all in the hopes of achieving the thrill of being bathed in the filthy red of the enemy.

My conscience questioned me, "Oh foolish youngster, toxicity in the name of justice is still toxicity!" But I was blind, and kept screaming "Nay! Toxicity in the name of justice
is Justice!
".

And then I AtE'd, and slayed, and AtE'd, and slayed...but eventually, so bathed in bloodlust, I became unrecognizable to those I was trying to save and protect.

Perhaps, I had became something worse than what I set out to destroy.

Then I took out my battered armor, and sheated my bloodied sword. While pondering if I had done a good enough job and could already rest, I painfully realized:

As much as I try, I can be no hero of justice at all. After all, I am just a clueless lady helplessly enamored to her prince.

Now that the dust has settled...I realize that may biggest mistake goes further than the mere question of whether the enemies I fought are even real. My biggest regret, truly must be trading love for bloodlust... :cry:
Oh how I forgive you...

I've already made this clear but I believe in redemption, truly so, truly so!

I will still fight off the enemy in your honour, that I will.

So do hibernate, rest my dear Shirou! :]

Love can wait, your health cannot.

I will happily bring you some chicken soup to cleanse you from the toxicity of these past days...

I will throw your armour into the laundry machine for you. (That's how you clean armour, right?)

While you rest I will keep an eye out, fret not, the enemy will be found!

Justice will be achieved, trust me.

And later you can return stronger than ever, recovery is oh so important!

I believe in you, lady Shirou.

I may be a prince but you surpass my regalness tenfold! Truly!

I know the bloodlust will fade.

When you return, your sword will be sharper than ever and we can kill.

Not in the name of killing, but in the name of peace, of joy, of redemption, and most of all,
of love
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:08 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 2375, Shirou wrote:I probably will have my PC back this weekend so I probably will at least be around to chat in the PT if you wanna

See ya guys
See ya! I'll probably drop some more thoughts in there at some point.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:10 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 2377, Save The Dragons wrote:Where has the meuh of the past hour been all game
I've just been feeling like shit tbh
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:16 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2318, midwaybear wrote:
In post 2315, VP Baltar wrote:Example No.1 is cakez and No. 2 is ari.
you can't deny neither cakez nor ari were desperate to the same extent furtive is
I think they were more subtle sure, but if you read ari's reax to the norwee push, it looks kinda desperate in hindsight.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:19 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

VOTE: UNOwen/VP Baltar
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:28 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2385, furtiveglance wrote:VOTE: UNOwen/VP Baltar
Desperation
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:28 pm

Post by UNOwen »

In post 2311, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 2305, UNOwen wrote:
In post 2228, Shirou wrote: @Unowen your leafs are dazzling and I would like you to come be part of the MariaR/Furt wagon family. What would it take for this dream of mine to be realized?
Flattery has got you 80% of the way. What do you think of Ydrasse? I have a feeling she's scum.
can you give reasons please? i usually find your reasoning behind your reads to be fairly solid and well thought-out as town, even if you're generally quiet about it. so i would like to hear it
The reason is that her early play looked designed to get partnered by someone, specifically the point about Meuh. The comment on Drapion does not have much of a scum motivation at all really if you think about it, so I'm very unconvinced that Ydrasse was as bothered about it as she's making out. More likely explanation for her zeroing in on it is that she was trying to look proactive and solvy.

That's a tone read which admittedly I could just be interpreting wrongly. I don't think so though. Nothing else she's done points to town. The big post she made on reads a while back looked designed to keep options open ("X could be the case but maybe it's Y" etc.) and her defense of you when you were under pressure looked pretty panicked and not very interested in your alignment.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:32 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 2386, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2385, furtiveglance wrote:VOTE: UNOwen/VP Baltar
Desperation
D_D
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:33 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Enchant/Midway has one scum, Owen/Baltar has one. Game doesn't make sense otherwise. I have struck gold finally. I realised that Enchant/Midway have to contain scum
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:34 pm

Post by UNOwen »

In post 2316, Shirou wrote:
In post 2305, UNOwen wrote:
In post 2228, Shirou wrote: @Unowen your leafs are dazzling and I would like you to come be part of the MariaR/Furt wagon family. What would it take for this dream of mine to be realized?
Flattery has got you 80% of the way. What do you think of Ydrasse? I have a feeling she's scum.
This will probably sound like pocketing but I almost posted a "maybe Ydra is scum" from the fact she seems to like even Furtive slot so much. It feels TMI to town read furt here if he's town, except maybe if you townread a lot Ausuka, but that's not what I got from her post.

I didn't want to upset more people than I should in order to get my wagon but oh well if sharing those "secret" thoughts about ydra help us mindmeld...

If MariaR is town, my next suspect would be Firebringer, but considering he's with he IC and will self-resolve, I could attempt to wagon fire/ydra with you tomoŕrow as a trade-off if we get MariaR flip today. I can't guarantee I would stay there the entire day but I would try to for at least half. How does that exchange of voting sound?

I dislike both fire/ydra insistence on hard town reading MariaR/Furt
I'm tempted but I'm hoping we can get Ydrasse today, which probably depends on GuiltyLion I think.
I believe you're wrong about Maria but not totally against sheeping you if necessary (especially if me and Baltar are the alternative).
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:35 pm

Post by UNOwen »

In post 2389, furtiveglance wrote:Enchant/Midway has one scum, Owen/Baltar has one. Game doesn't make sense otherwise. I have struck gold finally. I realised that Enchant/Midway have to contain scum
Why Enchant/midway?
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:36 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 2387, UNOwen wrote:Nothing else she's done points to town.
I think she's town rn cuz she came out of both flips ready to solve
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:36 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 2391, UNOwen wrote:
In post 2389, furtiveglance wrote:Enchant/Midway has one scum, Owen/Baltar has one. Game doesn't make sense otherwise. I have struck gold finally. I realised that Enchant/Midway have to contain scum
Why Enchant/midway?
Cakez was frozen out. If they were the only mafia in the last players to be paired, scum would have made more of an effort to save them. I believe I said this earlier. Also I just can't see 2 Mafia without including that pair.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2394 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:37 pm

Post by UNOwen »

In post 2392, midwaybear wrote:
What do you mean?
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2395 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:39 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 2393, furtiveglance wrote:If they were the only mafia in the last players to be paired, scum would have made more of an effort to save them.
that's not a great argument cuz scum don't always try to save their buddy. ari was softbussing cakez remember
and when you consider everything outside of that, it's unlikely either of us play the way we've played as scum
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2396 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:39 pm

Post by UNOwen »

In post 2393, furtiveglance wrote:
Why Enchant/midway?
Cakez was frozen out. If they were the only mafia in the last players to be paired, scum would have made more of an effort to save them. I believe I said this earlier. Also I just can't see 2 Mafia without including that pair.
a) that only makes sense as a reason if Enchant is scum right?
b) you're townreading the rest of the game?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2397 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:40 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 2396, UNOwen wrote:
Why Enchant/midway?
Not your pair. And not really Firebringer but don't want to vote IC pair
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2398 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:41 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 2394, UNOwen wrote:
In post 2392, midwaybear wrote:
What do you mean?
after cakez flipped scum, she noted that cakez is a known busser and started pulling quotes. I didn't get an agenda-y vibe from it.
after ari flipped scum, she started pushing you/vpb and pulled up a gazillion vote counts.
I feel that scum generally don't come in with so much energy after their buddies have gotten flipped.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2399 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:41 pm

Post by UNOwen »

In post 2397, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 2396, UNOwen wrote:
Why Enchant/midway?
Not your pair. And not really Firebringer but don't want to vote IC pair
That doesn't answer the first Q.
You're townreading the entire game except me/vpb/enchant/midway/firebringer?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”