Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #8525 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:58 am

Post by Past Present Future »

In post 8514, T-Bone wrote:
In post 8491, Past Present Future wrote:It would be extremely helpful to me if you’d link 388 rather than just reference the number. I’m also frustrated with you because I strongly believe Fire can’t be lunar and you pretty much just dismissed that. So if you’re go to ignore what I consider to be an extremely valid take, then I don’t understand why you even care what my opinion is.
So I agree with you that if Fire is scum it is likely not Lunar.

I am also curious about whether you agree or disagree on the following. I think that would help.
- CSF not being Solar
- T-Bone not being Solar
- Magician not being Solar
I definitely think CSF can’t be Solar after RR flip.
I think it not very likely you’re Solar since it would be highly unusual for you to have received fake burn message as a buddy. Magician maybe? I need to hear a lot more from them since they really haven’t done alot since replace in. Basically I like yours and CSF’s posting in general and that’s obviously influencing my opinions.

I specifically made mention of STD/FA interactions because I viewed that as extremely obvious.
It’s the end of the world as you know it and we feel fine.

Hydra of Titus, Auro and Nancy Drew 39
Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8526 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:00 am

In post 8521, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
In post 8516, Past Present Future wrote:HEY I was pretty sure I answered you yesterday and was trying to find that post. I think it makes sense yes but why aren’t you also making arguments about who you think can’t be Lunar, when I’ve asked you about that like a gazillion times already?
Okay. So to be very, explicitly clear: you think CSF, T-Bone, and Magician do not make sense as Solar, based on what was discussed there? It's important to me that this is explicit because it shows clearly in the thread that you've put thought towards the subject, and it makes it a lot harder for scum to backpedal on it later on. That's why I'm harping on about it so much.

I have started with the reads that seem very simple and intuitive to me in a way that I'd expect most of the thread to agree with. It just so happens that the simple reads seem to be the Solar reads.

But also, I have already argued that CSF can't be Lunar. I'm interested in talking Lunar as well. But one step at a time.
I appreciate this because attitude just makes me want to not respond.

Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8527 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:03 am

In post 8522, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Nancy, I think the reason people aren't doing the same PoE for Lunar is because there isn't much conclusive evidence to cross people off as Not Lunar entirely. Ydrasse barely has any interactions, and MMR got yeeted kind of early.

I think the points made for Scarf not being Lunar are pretty strong though,
including them not seeking credit for the MMR lim
I hard sr Scarf, thought Junko was really townie but that read fell off because Magician really isn’t doing too much, so I just want to see them do something.

Where is that post?

Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8528 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:06 am

In post 8523, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
In post 8519, Past Present Future wrote:
In post 8509, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
In post 8507, Past Present Future wrote:
In post 8502, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:*sigh* you're both going to make this really difficult because of course you are
:roll:

Thanks, that was really super helpful.
With the amount of shit you have given me the entire game for daring to do such things as disagree with your thoughts or be unsure of my read on you, I have officially run out of patience for what feels like you intentionally avoiding to try to solve this game.
Well, good for you then, I think I’ll just stick to dealing with T-Bone and CSF then. I’m also fine dealing with Klick.
This was Klick.

I want to solve this game. Demonstrate that you do as well.
I have. Demonstrate that you aren’t ignoring my points. T-Bone addressed them.

Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8529 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:11 am

@T-Bone and @CSF, I promise to take a detailed look at it later but I’m getting so extremely frustrated with Dangle, I can’t do it now. I think. it’s very distracting and confusing to me how they’re going about it, so what I will do is to just read yours and CSF’s post and skip Dangle’s because their posts are actually interfering with my dyslexic ability to process all of that.

Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8530 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:14 am

Post by Dingle Dangle Scarecrow »

Past Present Future wrote:
In post 8523, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
In post 8519, Past Present Future wrote:
In post 8509, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
In post 8507, Past Present Future wrote:
In post 8502, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:*sigh* you're both going to make this really difficult because of course you are
:roll:

Thanks, that was really super helpful.
With the amount of shit you have given me the entire game for daring to do such things as disagree with your thoughts or be unsure of my read on you, I have officially run out of patience for what feels like you intentionally avoiding to try to solve this game.
Well, good for you then, I think I’ll just stick to dealing with T-Bone and CSF then. I’m also fine dealing with Klick.
This was Klick.

I want to solve this game. Demonstrate that you do as well.
I have. Demonstrate that you aren’t ignoring my points. T-Bone addressed them.
Spoiler:
In post 8391, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
In post 8385, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I remember thinking save the dragons (ydrasse) and frozen angel (firebringer) were probably unaligned because they had that heated convo about dragons not wanting to learn mech. I still think fb is solar. Really not sure who the last lunar is
This was my reason for thinking Firebringer couldn't be Lunar

I'm kinda running out of options though. And I already thought STD didn't make sense as scum period for that interaction, and was wrong. That makes me unwilling to rule out Firebringer as Lunar from the interaction. I don't think anything FA did makes the slot unlikely Lunar. I don’t think anything Firebringer has done makes him unlikely Lunar. It's just the STD interaction that I've already read incorrectly once, and so with limited options for Lunar, I feel as though that could be the weak point in my thinking at the moment.

Regardless I think Firebringer is likely to flip any flavor of scum so it's not hugely relevant. But still!
In post 8397, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
In post 8396, Past Present Future wrote:
In post 206, Save The Dragons wrote:don't give me this bullshit
In post 207, Save The Dragons wrote:fucking hell
These two posts are in response to professotic, not FA

I believe it's obvious that STD is legitimately angry with FA
I don't believe this disqualifies FA from being STD's partner

I don't personally feel confident sorting at all based on the STD interactions, because I already confidently read STD as town based on them and was wrong. So I'm looking for other evidence that suggests FA/Firebringer wouldn't be Lunar, and I'm not convinced there's anything else substantial to back that idea up.
In post 8398, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:It's not a distinction that massively matters to me when I have confidence that Firebringer's a scum flip regardless of the flavor
In post 8405, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
In post 8399, Past Present Future wrote:He replaced out because of it. In what world do you possibly get scum theatre from that?
I'm pretty certain it's against the rules to discuss reasons for replacing out?

Regardless, your reduction of the possibilities as either 'legitimate frustration with someone STD is unaligned with' or 'scum theatre' is short-sighted. Specifically, I feel as though 'legitimate frustration with a scumbuddy' is a possibility.
Past Present Future wrote:
In post 8398, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:It's not a distinction that massively matters to me when I have confidence that Firebringer's a scum flip regardless of the flavor
You also thought that of furtive and Prof and I know you’re wrong on me so this isn’t persuasive, especially since I don’t see why it couldn’t be you?
Good thing my goal wasn't to be persuasive to you, but rather to state my thoughts
Past Present Future wrote:Another reason I’m suspicious of your slot is that you wanted to lim us over Prof yesterday and only voted him when the majority was opposed to that.
I both didn't want to lim you yesterday AND didn't vote Prof

I didn't place a vote yesterday. I probably would have hammered Prof had he reached E-1. Limming you yesterday was something I considered, but never actively wanted.
In post 8414, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:You keep saying 'scum theatre'
Can you please define what you mean by that when you say it?
Because I've never said it in this conversation and I suspect I have a very different definition of it than you.
In post 8418, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
In post 8416, Past Present Future wrote:Scum theatre is when two groupscum fake argue to not appear to be aligned.
Right, okay
I've already said I don't think their argument was fake
So why do you keep referring to my stance as STD and FA doing 'scum theatre' when I've explicitly said I don't think that's what's happening
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8531 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:18 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 8529, Past Present Future wrote:@T-Bone and @CSF, I promise to take a detailed look at it later but I’m getting so extremely frustrated with Dangle, I can’t do it now. I think. it’s very distracting and confusing to me how they’re going about it, so what I will do is to just read yours and CSF’s post and skip Dangle’s because their posts are actually interfering with my dyslexic ability to process all of that.
Just step away no big deal.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8532 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:19 am

Basically when I read either of yours, I think I’m sort of starting to get it, then Dangle makes a post and whatever I was starting to understand just gets hi jacked.

I’m honestly not making excuses or trying to be difficult but their posts are actively interfering with my ability to understand the arguments, let alone logically analyze them.

Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8533 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:21 am

In post 8504, Firebringer wrote:literally no idea.
totally fine with going today but i think im just gonna sheep enchant.
my reads have been very lackluster this game and i don't intend to push them or even attempt. Gonna have town carry me or yall can get rid of me.

Think we in good position to win this without me putting forward effort to solve this.
@Firebringer

I guess I'll be a bit more clear with why I'm specifically asking you the questions I am

I very strongly think that the only possible Solars left are you, PPF, and Enchant. That's a view shared by T-Bone and CSF.

You're one of those players. If you're town, you know one of those players is town. So if you agree with the premise, you're looking at PPF or Enchant as definitely Solar scum.

And from there I'd be really interested in your solve of who it is between them. It'd tell me more about your alignment, and it'd give insight on the other two.
Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8534 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:23 am

In post 8531, T-Bone wrote:
In post 8529, Past Present Future wrote:@T-Bone and @CSF, I promise to take a detailed look at it later but I’m getting so extremely frustrated with Dangle, I can’t do it now. I think. it’s very distracting and confusing to me how they’re going about it, so what I will do is to just read yours and CSF’s post and skip Dangle’s because their posts are actually interfering with my dyslexic ability to process all of that.
Just step away no big deal.
Yeah thanks, I really need to do that. I don’t think they even realize what I’m talking about here. I’m not meaning to imply it’s deliberate on their part, just that it’s making it a lot more difficult and I wish they would just stop.

Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8535 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:42 am

I've taken a second to chat with Bella. I think Nancy and I might naturally clash really hard in this type of environment, possibly because we're rather similar in some ways. It's part of why I can't shake a gut townread on her posting that Bella isn't seeing; I think on some subconscious level I heavily relate with how she views things.

Anyway, I'm also going to step away and do something productive for a little while. Maybe we'll both come back and be in a better place for this. Here have a Bella for a little while
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #8536 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:46 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 8527, Past Present Future wrote:
In post 8522, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Nancy, I think the reason people aren't doing the same PoE for Lunar is because there isn't much conclusive evidence to cross people off as Not Lunar entirely. Ydrasse barely has any interactions, and MMR got yeeted kind of early.

I think the points made for Scarf not being Lunar are pretty strong though,
including them not seeking credit for the MMR lim
I hard sr Scarf, thought Junko was really townie but that read fell off because Magician really isn’t doing too much, so I just want to see them do something.

Where is that post?
The relevant Scarf quotes and explanation are in
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #8537 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:24 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 8533, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
In post 8504, Firebringer wrote:literally no idea.
totally fine with going today but i think im just gonna sheep enchant.
my reads have been very lackluster this game and i don't intend to push them or even attempt. Gonna have town carry me or yall can get rid of me.

Think we in good position to win this without me putting forward effort to solve this.
@Firebringer

I guess I'll be a bit more clear with why I'm specifically asking you the questions I am

I very strongly think that the only possible Solars left are you, PPF, and Enchant. That's a view shared by T-Bone and CSF.

You're one of those players. If you're town, you know one of those players is town. So if you agree with the premise, you're looking at PPF or Enchant as definitely Solar scum.

And from there I'd be really interested in your solve of who it is between them. It'd tell me more about your alignment, and it'd give insight on the other two.
Eh I don't think you should speak for CSF and I. Considering we were both just discussing the possibility that Magician is the solve on the last few pages...

Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8538 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:45 am

In post 8445, T-Bone wrote:
In post 8438, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I agree that Magician and T-Bone are not Solar. If you remove me from the Solar list because of no NK that first noon, the list of Solar is really just:

PPF
Enchant
Firebringer
I think this is correct.
I said that based on this post (and the quoted post by CSF)

I don't feel like I'm misrepresenting you by saying your possibilities for Solar are those three?

I thought you and CSF were discussing the possibility of Magician being Lunar
Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8539 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:55 pm

I’ve seen the arguments but I’m going to go with my own solve. I think CSF’s likely town both by role and play. T-Bone doesn’t see informed so if scum here than kudos, you’d totally deserve it. Magician? idk, he hasn’t really done that much since replacing in.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #8540 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:03 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 8538, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:
In post 8445, T-Bone wrote:
In post 8438, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I agree that Magician and T-Bone are not Solar. If you remove me from the Solar list because of no NK that first noon, the list of Solar is really just:

PPF
Enchant
Firebringer
I think this is correct.
I said that based on this post (and the quoted post by CSF)

I don't feel like I'm misrepresenting you by saying your possibilities for Solar are those three?

I thought you and CSF were discussing the possibility of Magician being Lunar
My bad we're talking past each other

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #8541 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:04 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Tbh my pet urge to flip Magician has been rising the last few pages

Magician
Magician
They/Them
Townie
Magician
They/Them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8542 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:20 pm

Post by Magician »

Can you really afford to policy execute a villager at this time in the proceedings? At F7 with two scumteams alive?

DDS is probably Town; putting in high effort, demonstrates early hydra dissonance which is villagery due to suggesting each head having legitimate different reads over fabricating reads; puts in each reeval to suggest uncertainty which suggests uninformed, none of this is news to any of you.

The start of PPF’s ISO feels slower, almost like they don’t want attention drawn to their slot. They’re defensive around #221, and they ask others a lot of questions which draws attention elsewhere, without expressing themselves early on. It’s kinda odd for a high-poster.

Enchant just feels villagery, that’s my viberead.

I couldn’t really reach any conclusions after reading Firebringer’s ISO, because I’m missing out on a lot of context. My bad.

T-Bone felt kinda hedgy during realtime to me? I don’t know about that.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #8543 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:16 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Who said anything about a policy lim?

Magician
Magician
They/Them
Townie
Magician
They/Them
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8544 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:34 pm

Post by Magician »

Killing someone because they’re quiet instead of killing someone for being suspicious is a textbook policy execution.
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Dingle Dangle Scarecrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8545 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:57 pm

I don't read Magician as scummy removed from the context of Scarf/Junko. They're not like the beacon of towniness, but their perspective feels plausible to me coming from town.
Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8546 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:29 pm

In post 8542, Magician wrote:Can you really afford to policy execute a villager at this time in the proceedings? At F7 with two scumteams alive?

DDS is probably Town; putting in high effort, demonstrates early hydra dissonance which is villagery due to suggesting each head having legitimate different reads over fabricating reads; puts in each reeval to suggest uncertainty which suggests uninformed, none of this is news to any of you.

The start of PPF’s ISO feels slower, almost like they don’t want attention drawn to their slot. They’re defensive around #221, and they ask others a lot of questions which draws attention elsewhere, without expressing themselves early on. It’s kinda odd for a high-poster.

Enchant just feels villagery, that’s my viberead.

I couldn’t really reach any conclusions after reading Firebringer’s ISO, because I’m missing out on a lot of context. My bad.

T-Bone felt kinda hedgy during realtime to me? I don’t know about that.
Which post is 221? Why no comment about my FA/STD read? I don’t understand why you made no mention of that?

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #8547 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:34 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 8542, Magician wrote: I couldn’t really reach any conclusions after reading Firebringer’s ISO, because I’m missing out on a lot of context. My bad.
Have you read all of the posts since you replaced in? It might be easier engaging in real time.
In post 8544, Magician wrote:Killing someone because they’re quiet instead of killing someone for being suspicious is a textbook policy execution.
It's not a policy lim, it's more of a lack of solving energy.
Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8548 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:34 pm

In post 8545, Dingle Dangle Scarecrow wrote:I don't read Magician as scummy removed from the context of Scarf/Junko. They're not like the beacon of towniness, but their perspective feels plausible to me coming from town.
Yeah but problem is at this point in the game, that could pretty much be said for almost everyone, couldn’t it?

I’m interested in the difference of opinion between you and T-Bone wrt Magician.

But based on all of the reads I’ve seen, nothing has persuaded me I’m wrong on Fire not being lunar and you not seeing that doesn’t give me a lot of confidence in the rest of your reads.

Past Present Future
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Past Present Future
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8549 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:37 pm

In post 8547, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 8542, Magician wrote: I couldn’t really reach any conclusions after reading Firebringer’s ISO, because I’m missing out on a lot of context. My bad.
Have you read all of the posts since you replaced in? It might be easier engaging in real time.
In post 8544, Magician wrote:Killing someone because they’re quiet instead of killing someone for being suspicious is a textbook policy execution.
It's not a policy lim, it's more of a lack of solving energy.
What do you make of the difference between Dangle and T-Bone wrt Magician?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”