Mini 2286: Legends of the Hidden Temple IV (Explorers Win!)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:58 am

Post by mastina »

Hello I am still not having read the game but I see I am back in the ring. Perhaps you should look at these and tell me they're from scum.
In post 39, mastina wrote:
In post 16, MegAzumarill wrote:I will abstain from talking about this game's source material as I have no clue what it is
Scum.
In post 41, mastina wrote:SCUM:
{MegAzumarill}
In post 145, mastina wrote:
In post 71, furtiveglance wrote:Can you challenge unilaterally or do both players in a pair have to do it?
I
think
it's just one; the first Challenge issued, is the challenge made for the day. Period. No other options.

If it required both to make a challenge, and/or multiple challenges could be concurrent, and/or the person needed to accept (literally any of these), I'd have instantly challenged MegAzumarill here.

But because the challenge issued mechanics have none of those (at least to my knowledge), the first challenge is the only challenge we get, so alas. I can't be as impulsive as I want to be. :(
In post 57, MegAzumarill wrote:Unofficial Vote Count
None cause there hasn't been a challenge yet I think
I'm genuinely thinking of just challenging Meg here because Meg is like, 100% scum here btw.
In post 149, mastina wrote:
In post 108, MegAzumarill wrote:I don't really find problem with how you handled it
I found a problem in Nancy's handling of it
Funnily enough, I have a problem with you having a problem with it!
Nancy and Yume are both town here.
In post 157, mastina wrote:
In post 153, the worst wrote:my predecessor's silver skin has shed, and a beautiful butterfly has emerged but the butterfly is just another snake
(expired on 2023-01-03 05:46:28)
(Context which Yume can confirm: this was me setting a timer for worstie to town it up, and if he didn't before the deadline I was gonna challenge the worstie-Meg duo. Yume can verify.)
In post 178, mastina wrote:
In post 162, MegAzumarill wrote:Also this feels like town mastina
Bullshit.

While I AM town, I certainly haven't shown it yet, not enough for you to develop that opinion of me.
In post 263, mastina wrote:
In post 225, the worst wrote:
Spoiler: std only nobody else open
megazu is like, scum, right
Worstie are you okay with us dueling you+Meg?
I don't think you're scum with Meg but think Meg is scum.
In post 327, mastina wrote:

worstie I need a response bestie.
In post 491, mastina wrote:
In post 485, Gamma Emerald wrote:Pairs aren’t lovers
oh.

Well that changes things. :P
In post 336, the worst wrote:fine waiting for you to respond to this if you have ~reasons~ but i'd prefer firing on the iguanas then putting the squeeze on megazu aorn
My reasons were thinking pairs were lovers and thus killing one killed both and thus we could get two birds one stone by eliminating your pair in basically guaranteeing one scum dead between the two of you, maybe two.
In post 621, mastina wrote:
In post 493, Flea The Magician wrote:Actually making me tile some tabs, so much for an easy game to come back to.
am back here but sick, likely covid (father pasted positive today, was bad enough he literally needed to go to the hospital), and literally just--need to sleepl.

I know there is stuff to respond to.

I'll say I approve of the challenge, only regret is it wasn't me making it, but yaknow, am sick, so like., Can't pull the trigger, so Yume doing it was the right think to do.

VOTE: MegAzumarill

We stick to thiss. I realize I will need to show my townness (it ain't there yet I can tell you that much), and maybe explain why Meg > wostie as a vote here, but like, I don't think I need to say why Yume is town.
In post 622, mastina wrote:(consider me VOTE: v/la for aboyt 7-10 days[/b] I guess? Technically covid should be just 5 per the cdc but we all know it's actually longer than that so...need the time. Also will be at work back aagain monday in spite of the sickness due to the shit cdc so like, can;'t be here necessarily then.

I knwo I need to play but I am .not. nin. the. shape. to do so right now.

Yume is town, she did announce she was going to do the challenge in the pt a whilke back, and she's incredibly town and is never scum here so with me knowing I am town the options are worstie/NMeg and I prefer Meg in that pair becasue I just don;t think that worstie is the scumier of the two.

Also idk why but in spite of only 2 am, am like this, maybe sickness>L
Cane;t stay tho. Because sleepz eneded.)
In post 1181, mastina wrote:Okay so in hindsight Ythan might be scum.

I was judging Ythan's towniness off of her earlier shown traits: both in terms of posts made (she was posting multiple times per rl day), and in terms of content made (her posts radiated town).

But I looked at her iso and it looks like that fell off a cliff.

Still tho, this is only a 'might' and I'd prefer to read the entire thread I've missed out on to get a better grip to tell for sure. (Also be given a chance to be shown wrong--Ythan's posting falling off a cliff
could
be because she's scum who ran out of momentum, but it could also just be...yaknow...her being busy irl? So like...I wanna give her some time to show if it's her as scum that ran out of steam or her as town who hit a rl-related wall.)
In post 1197, mastina wrote:(My preferred challenge today tbh would actually be Ceph vs. Gimli, since the only teams with no bussing are {Aisa, Gimli}, {Flea, Gimli}, and {Flea, Aisa}. Which, while all of those are possible, does lead me to suspect that maybe--just maybe--there is a scum voting. But I've got 28 pages to read so this is mostly based on how strongly I fucking hate .)
In post 1198, mastina wrote:
In post 754, Haschel Cedricson wrote:MegAzumarill: (7) Gamma Emerald, mastina, furtiveglance, Nancy Drew 39, Yume, Save The Dragons, Cephrir
Yume: (1) Flea The Magician
Not voting: MegAzumarill, the worst/Gimli, Ythan, Aisa
In post 1184, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Ythan: (6) furtiveglance, Save The Dragons, Gamma Emerald, Cephrir, Yume, Nancy Drew 39
Aisa: (1) Flea The Magician,
furtiveglance: (1) mastina
Not Voting: Gimli, Ythan, Aisa
And when I say "only teams with no bussing", I mean it.

The wagons on Meg and Ythan are literally identical in names, the only difference is because it was 6 to lim instead of 7 I wasn't on the second wagon. It's otherwise the exact same, just in different order.
Gamma's on both.
furtive's on both.
Nancy's on both.
Yume's on both.
StD's on both.
Cephrir's on both.

{Flea the Magician,
Gimli
, Aisa} are the only 3 to be on neither scum elimination.

I think that we should probably purge those three first tbh.

Imo Gamma town (I'm not gonna tolerate her attacking Yume tho), Nancy town, furtive/StD I need to read the thread that I haven't read yet to tell (will trust others' takes until then), so that leaves the most likely busser as......
I was literally hard-pushing Meg the entire game.

I came around to Ythan scum.

I was advocating for Gimli scum.

And this while yaknow. Fucking sick with Covid.

Now granted.

It doesn't matter; we can literally just brute force a win by keeping Nancy and Yume alive and bam bingo with only one scum alive there's literally no way for the scum to win because Nancy is town Yume is town so we legit win from that and that alone.

But there's only one possible scum in the vote pool right now.

VOTE: Cephrir

Is he actually scum, fucked if I know, but he's got a higher chance of flipping scum than I do!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:05 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Yeah that wall sells me on both mastina!town and Yume!town
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:07 am

Post by mastina »

To be clear.

I'm okay with being killed here because we have an autowin--but like. I'm not scum and it should be fucking objectively clear I'm not scum so there's only one name in the pool which gives us a chance at a perfect town win and it ain't mine!

Yume is town; I am town; Cephrir's the only possible scum.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:10 am

Post by mastina »

(Also to confirm, yes, it was indeed covid. I tested positive yesterday. Am feeling better now but my life still a mess. And Flea, Yume is right so fuck off with the "demotivated"/"inactived"/etc. bullshit.)
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:11 am

Post by Aisa »

I am currently rereading the game.
That wall doesn't really make me see mastina!Town tbh. Why couldn't she just have bussed her scum partners? What are you seeing, Gamma?

(I do hope you recover, mastina)
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/They

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:11 am

Post by Yume »

Show
Whatever the chains placed upon me
Whatever the prison, my soul has the key
No money can buy, no power can still
No burden can break the unshakeable strength of my will

Mah best game

My alignment is what JJH says it is.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:15 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1452, mastina wrote:objectively clear I'm not scum
:roll:

classic
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:15 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

I agree with aisa. Still thinking.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:17 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1450, mastina wrote:Hello I am still not having read the game but I see I am back in the ring. Perhaps you should look at these and tell me they're from scum.
In post 39, mastina wrote:
In post 16, MegAzumarill wrote:I will abstain from talking about this game's source material as I have no clue what it is
Scum.
In post 41, mastina wrote:SCUM:
{MegAzumarill}
In post 145, mastina wrote:
In post 71, furtiveglance wrote:Can you challenge unilaterally or do both players in a pair have to do it?
I
think
it's just one; the first Challenge issued, is the challenge made for the day. Period. No other options.

If it required both to make a challenge, and/or multiple challenges could be concurrent, and/or the person needed to accept (literally any of these), I'd have instantly challenged MegAzumarill here.

But because the challenge issued mechanics have none of those (at least to my knowledge), the first challenge is the only challenge we get, so alas. I can't be as impulsive as I want to be. :(
In post 57, MegAzumarill wrote:Unofficial Vote Count
None cause there hasn't been a challenge yet I think
I'm genuinely thinking of just challenging Meg here because Meg is like, 100% scum here btw.
In post 149, mastina wrote:
In post 108, MegAzumarill wrote:I don't really find problem with how you handled it
I found a problem in Nancy's handling of it
Funnily enough, I have a problem with you having a problem with it!
Nancy and Yume are both town here.
In post 157, mastina wrote:
In post 153, the worst wrote:my predecessor's silver skin has shed, and a beautiful butterfly has emerged but the butterfly is just another snake
(expired on 2023-01-03 05:46:28)
(Context which Yume can confirm: this was me setting a timer for worstie to town it up, and if he didn't before the deadline I was gonna challenge the worstie-Meg duo. Yume can verify.)
In post 178, mastina wrote:
In post 162, MegAzumarill wrote:Also this feels like town mastina
Bullshit.

While I AM town, I certainly haven't shown it yet, not enough for you to develop that opinion of me.
In post 327, mastina wrote:

worstie I need a response bestie.
In post 491, mastina wrote:
In post 485, Gamma Emerald wrote:Pairs aren’t lovers
oh.

Well that changes things. :P
In post 336, the worst wrote:fine waiting for you to respond to this if you have ~reasons~ but i'd prefer firing on the iguanas then putting the squeeze on megazu aorn
My reasons were thinking pairs were lovers and thus killing one killed both and thus we could get two birds one stone by eliminating your pair in basically guaranteeing one scum dead between the two of you, maybe two.
In post 621, mastina wrote:
In post 493, Flea The Magician wrote:Actually making me tile some tabs, so much for an easy game to come back to.
am back here but sick, likely covid (father pasted positive today, was bad enough he literally needed to go to the hospital), and literally just--need to sleepl.

I know there is stuff to respond to.

I'll say I approve of the challenge, only regret is it wasn't me making it, but yaknow, am sick, so like., Can't pull the trigger, so Yume doing it was the right think to do.

VOTE: MegAzumarill

We stick to thiss. I realize I will need to show my townness (it ain't there yet I can tell you that much), and maybe explain why Meg > wostie as a vote here, but like, I don't think I need to say why Yume is town.
In post 622, mastina wrote:(consider me VOTE: v/la for aboyt 7-10 days[/b] I guess? Technically covid should be just 5 per the cdc but we all know it's actually longer than that so...need the time. Also will be at work back aagain monday in spite of the sickness due to the shit cdc so like, can;'t be here necessarily then.

I knwo I need to play but I am .not. nin. the. shape. to do so right now.

Yume is town, she did announce she was going to do the challenge in the pt a whilke back, and she's incredibly town and is never scum here so with me knowing I am town the options are worstie/NMeg and I prefer Meg in that pair becasue I just don;t think that worstie is the scumier of the two.

Also idk why but in spite of only 2 am, am like this, maybe sickness>L
Cane;t stay tho. Because sleepz eneded.)
In post 1181, mastina wrote:Okay so in hindsight Ythan might be scum.

I was judging Ythan's towniness off of her earlier shown traits: both in terms of posts made (she was posting multiple times per rl day), and in terms of content made (her posts radiated town).

But I looked at her iso and it looks like that fell off a cliff.

Still tho, this is only a 'might' and I'd prefer to read the entire thread I've missed out on to get a better grip to tell for sure. (Also be given a chance to be shown wrong--Ythan's posting falling off a cliff
could
be because she's scum who ran out of momentum, but it could also just be...yaknow...her being busy irl? So like...I wanna give her some time to show if it's her as scum that ran out of steam or her as town who hit a rl-related wall.)
In post 1197, mastina wrote:(My preferred challenge today tbh would actually be Ceph vs. Gimli, since the only teams with no bussing are {Aisa, Gimli}, {Flea, Gimli}, and {Flea, Aisa}. Which, while all of those are possible, does lead me to suspect that maybe--just maybe--there is a scum voting. But I've got 28 pages to read so this is mostly based on how strongly I fucking hate .)
In post 1198, mastina wrote:
In post 754, Haschel Cedricson wrote:MegAzumarill: (7) Gamma Emerald, mastina, furtiveglance, Nancy Drew 39, Yume, Save The Dragons, Cephrir
Yume: (1) Flea The Magician
Not voting: MegAzumarill, the worst/Gimli, Ythan, Aisa
In post 1184, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Ythan: (6) furtiveglance, Save The Dragons, Gamma Emerald, Cephrir, Yume, Nancy Drew 39
Aisa: (1) Flea The Magician,
furtiveglance: (1) mastina
Not Voting: Gimli, Ythan, Aisa
And when I say "only teams with no bussing", I mean it.

The wagons on Meg and Ythan are literally identical in names, the only difference is because it was 6 to lim instead of 7 I wasn't on the second wagon. It's otherwise the exact same, just in different order.
Gamma's on both.
furtive's on both.
Nancy's on both.
Yume's on both.
StD's on both.
Cephrir's on both.

{Flea the Magician,
Gimli
, Aisa} are the only 3 to be on neither scum elimination.

I think that we should probably purge those three first tbh.

Imo Gamma town (I'm not gonna tolerate her attacking Yume tho), Nancy town, furtive/StD I need to read the thread that I haven't read yet to tell (will trust others' takes until then), so that leaves the most likely busser as......
I was literally hard-pushing Meg the entire game.

I came around to Ythan scum.

I was advocating for Gimli scum.

And this while yaknow. Fucking sick with Covid.

Now granted.

It doesn't matter; we can literally just brute force a win by keeping Nancy and Yume alive and bam bingo with only one scum alive there's literally no way for the scum to win because Nancy is town Yume is town so we legit win from that and that alone.

But there's only one possible scum in the vote pool right now.

Is he actually scum, fucked if I know, but he's got a higher chance of flipping scum than I do!
Even if you disregard the usual 'could be a bus' caveat, I'd say that all of me/Nancy/Gamma/Flea/STD and pretty much the whole group pushed the three flipped mafia, most of us to a large extent. So the baseline for 'towny' is higher than usual
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:17 am

Post by furtiveglance »

I'll put my thoughts this way: if only Nancy/Flea/Yume/GE/STD are alive and the game hasn't ended, I'd be massively shocked
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:23 am

Post by Cephrir »

i feel like basically the whole game must have bussed if they're scum so unless there's an argument about the quality of the read and push and why the way it was done couldn't come from scum i just don't really care
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:24 am

Post by Cephrir »

i still think it could easily be yume but clearly no one agrees

VOTE: mastina
Bartleby the Scrivener
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:24 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1460, Cephrir wrote:i feel like basically the whole game must have bussed if they're scum so unless there's an argument about the quality of the read and push and why the way it was done couldn't come from scum i just don't really care
Yeah I'm giving more weight to reads other than associative
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:25 am

Post by Yume »

We should be working together, not against one another.
Show

Mah best game

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:31 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

VOTE: cephrir

Babe?
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:32 am

Post by Yume »

What?
Show

Mah best game

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:32 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1454, Aisa wrote:I am currently rereading the game.
That wall doesn't really make me see mastina!Town tbh. Why couldn't she just have bussed her scum partners? What are you seeing, Gamma?

I think there’s a tactical conundrum here. They both kinda led each other down the path to 3 scum dying in a row. I don’t feel like either would willingly put themselves so down in material.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:34 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1466, Gamma Emerald wrote:

I think there’s a tactical conundrum here. They both kinda led each other down the path to 3 scum dying in a row. I don’t feel like either would willingly put themselves so down in material.
mastina and who
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:38 am

Post by Yume »

In post 1459, furtiveglance wrote:I'll put my thoughts this way: if only Nancy/Flea/Yume/GE/STD are alive and the game hasn't ended, I'd be massively shocked
Ceph isn't on that list either, so what's your issue with voting him?
Show

Mah best game

Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:40 am

Post by Yume »

If mastina is scum, she won't win. You said it yourself, this game is nightless.
Show

Mah best game

furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:41 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1468, Yume wrote:
In post 1459, furtiveglance wrote:I'll put my thoughts this way: if only Nancy/Flea/Yume/GE/STD are alive and the game hasn't ended, I'd be massively shocked
In post 1469, Yume wrote:If mastina is scum, she won't win. You said it yourself, this game is nightless.
We're sort of in the same position then aren't we. Neither slot will live to endgame but we disagree on who it is
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:41 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1467, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1466, Gamma Emerald wrote:

mastina and who
Yume
<Embrace The Void>

Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:44 am

Post by Yume »

In post 1470, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1468, Yume wrote:
In post 1469, Yume wrote:If mastina is scum, she won't win. You said it yourself, this game is nightless.
We're sort of in the same position then aren't we. Neither slot will live to endgame but we disagree on who it is
So we can vote out Ceph and then mastina, provided the game doesn't end. I don't see what the big deal is.
Show

Mah best game

Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:47 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 442, Cephrir wrote:That said flea I think you shouldn't give up on Aisa happening quite yet although granted this day is probably ending in a Meg elim if she doesn't start doing stuff
Ceph can you say a bit more about what you were thinking here?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:48 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I’d vote out Fenrir before you
You had ample opportunity to keep the focus on me when I challenged your team, letting Ythan die makes no sense
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”