Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:57 am

Post by Aubrey »

…vote. Surely someone here has warranted your interest. Sitting idle focusing in yourself does nothing.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:57 am

Post by Aubrey »

@Pina ^
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:01 am

Post by Toto »

Aubrey maybe town afterall.
A new slot has become available for my scumteam guess.
just because you get evil player role doesn't mean you are a evil person at HEART - KainTepes!!!
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:01 am

Post by Toto »

We can just murder una and call it a day.

VOTE: una
just because you get evil player role doesn't mean you are a evil person at HEART - KainTepes!!!
giuseppina
giuseppina
pina
Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: pina

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:02 am

Post by giuseppina »

In post 248, Lucian wrote:
In post 241, giuseppina wrote:no i am saying all of those players are capable of heavy solving and so it becomes very difficult to weigh
Is this talking about only the capability of heavy solving as town, or as heavy solving as either alignment?
well shirou and aristeia are definitely capable of a very downhill sort of solving that is very apparently town that i do not think they’d do as a scums, but are they and you and gamma emerald and una all capable of taking an active solving role as mafia, yeah probably but that doesn’t mean that shouldn’t be the expectation

a) that’s certainly more difficult for you to do as mafia than not doing so, yes?

and

b) it’s probably easier (for me at least) to tell the difference between players doing that as town vs as mafia rather than what everyone has been doing so far

like do i think gamma emerald would be more easily sorted were she taking an active role here? yes
you are unique (and oceans are featureless a mass of drops that cannot be distinguished) and love is no detective
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:06 am

Post by Lucian »

I was interested in what you mean by "becomes difficult to weight", I guess. Because I know you read meta a lot, and like a lot a lot. And all of my scumgames in the past ~6 months were me tryharding and taking an active role. Which I assumed you know (and if you didn't, you do know, and can verify) and I assume it makes some sort of difference when evaluating me based on effort vs. someone who has demonstrated already to be less likely to effort as scum?
I, too, have a destiny.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:09 am

Post by Aristeia »

i feel bad when i think you might be mafia :/
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:09 am

Post by Lucian »

But you always think that... :<
I, too, have a destiny.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:12 am

Post by Aristeia »

i do not!
giuseppina
giuseppina
pina
Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:13 am

Post by giuseppina »

In post 250, Aubrey wrote:…vote. Surely someone here has warranted your interest. Sitting idle focusing in yourself does nothing.
a lot of players have

but this:
In post 253, Toto wrote:We can just murder una and call it a day.

sort of thing is one of the main reasons i hold my vote,

am not currently super confident in any of my scumreads and i really do not think calling it a day right now would be particularly beneficial to town

and i really do not believe anyone else needs me to vote in order to read me and from my perspective my vote just adds noise to any attempts i make at evaluating wagons and such
you are unique (and oceans are featureless a mass of drops that cannot be distinguished) and love is no detective
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:14 am

Post by Aristeia »

remember when you just casually walked into town with a dragon that you caught looking all sheepish and like it was no big deal

yes i know its unfair to think that would happen again because dragons dont fly around here anymore but still.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:16 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 259, giuseppina wrote:
In post 250, Aubrey wrote:…vote. Surely someone here has warranted your interest. Sitting idle focusing in yourself does nothing.
a lot of players have

but this:
In post 253, Toto wrote:We can just murder una and call it a day.

sort of thing is one of the main reasons i hold my vote,

am not currently super confident in any of my scumreads and i really do not think calling it a day right now would be particularly beneficial to town

and i really do not believe anyone else needs me to vote in order to read me and from my perspective my vote just adds noise to any attempts i make at evaluating wagons and such
I think its hard to get anywhere if people don't start walking and as much as you don't enjoy the climb sometimes that is the point.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:17 am

Post by Aubrey »

Pina how many games of mafia have you played? Cause that line of reasoning seems like it would come from a newer player.
giuseppina
giuseppina
pina
Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:18 am

Post by giuseppina »

In post 255, Lucian wrote:I was interested in what you mean by "becomes difficult to weight", I guess. Because I know you read meta a lot, and like a lot a lot. And all of my scumgames in the past ~6 months were me tryharding and taking an active role. Which I assumed you know (and if you didn't, you do know, and can verify) and I assume it makes some sort of difference when evaluating me based on effort vs. someone who has demonstrated already to be less likely to effort as scum?
i was aware of this yes

i mostly meant that i do not really know how to take into account your not doing so here

like it isn’t really mafia indicative but it certainly isn’t town indicative either and it could potentially account for your differences in approach to me but alignment could potentially also and you are also aware of your meta obviously so you’d also know that this couldn’t be considered as scum indicative for the reasons you’ve given

so altogether difficult and i just want to take it completely at face value and which means trying to figure out how much it contributes to your approach and yeah dunno how to do so
giuseppina
giuseppina
pina
Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:22 am

Post by giuseppina »

In post 260, Aristeia wrote:remember when you just casually walked into town with a dragon that you caught looking all sheepish and like it was no big deal

yes i know its unfair to think that would happen again because dragons dont fly around here anymore but still.
there should be

animal sounds micro normal blitzes

that’d be my ideal format
In post 262, Aubrey wrote:Pina how many games of mafia have you played? Cause that line of reasoning seems like it would come from a newer player.
uh, 50 something forum length games here
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:23 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 255, Lucian wrote:I was interested in what you mean by "becomes difficult to weight", I guess. Because I know you read meta a lot, and like a lot a lot. And all of my scumgames in the past ~6 months were me tryharding and taking an active role. Which I assumed you know (and if you didn't, you do know, and can verify) and I assume it makes some sort of difference when evaluating me based on effort vs. someone who has demonstrated already to be less likely to effort as scum?
this feels somewhat deceptive intentionally because you're only looking at half of a quadrant on purpose
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:29 am

Post by Aubrey »

You and I both know Toto has no wagon forming and nobody is at risk right now. So vote. We can’t stay undecided forever and you can change. Otherwise it just reads as cautious idle mafia. Though Ari seems to be backing you by stating this as your standard. A bit not so great standard though me thinks.
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:32 am

Post by Una »

In post 220, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 38, Una wrote:Shirou is town
I don’t like this for example.
Very early, confident, and bold claim on Shirou’s allignment. Shirou being town here suggests to me it could be pocketing attempt. Scum like to identify strong town early and townread them so they get in good relations with potential trouble later on, even if the town player in question hasn’t looked town at all yet because it’s too early in the game to tell.
I think i can be so bold to say that i’m the best player at reading Shirou here and i did not trust them by post 38 which is when you posted this.
I don't think that's the best way to play scum so I don't play that way. If I'm playing scum I try to guess whether I would be townreading someone and emulate it.
Your last sentence contradicts itself, because if you think other players understand shirou less that you should have many opportunities to watch him snow people. You're a little bit scummy because the thought process is focused on being right rather than stepping in my shoes and scum sometimes focus on who is right.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:33 am

Post by Aristeia »

Una what do you think of Lucian so far this game?
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:34 am

Post by Lucian »

In post 260, Aristeia wrote:remember when you just casually walked into town with a dragon that you caught looking all sheepish and like it was no big deal

That was one game a year and a half ago! And if your expectations for me are "either murder a scumfuck within 12 hours of the game starting, or you're scum", you're never gonna townread me...
I, too, have a destiny.
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:36 am

Post by Una »

In post 231, giuseppina wrote:
In post 215, Una wrote:Idk if pina can walk through as scum but maybe I underestimate her prowess triggers
ya know this game was the first time in recent memory where part of me really wanted to roll mafia/wanted the opportunity to try to impress you and such

but alas
Not fortress?
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:36 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 269, Lucian wrote:

That was one game a year and a half ago! And if your expectations for me are "either murder a scumfuck within 12 hours of the game starting, or you're scum", you're never gonna townread me...
I know I'm so unfair to you and I hate it.
giuseppina
giuseppina
pina
Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:39 am

Post by giuseppina »

In post 266, Aubrey wrote:You and I both know Toto has no wagon forming and nobody is at risk right now. So vote. We can’t stay undecided forever and you can change. Otherwise it just reads as cautious idle mafia. Though Ari seems to be backing you by stating this as your standard. A bit not so great standard though me thinks.
i mean, if you really think my not voting outweighs everything else i have done this game and tips the scales towards me being mafia in your eyes you can certainly try to push me for that but, uh, i don’t really see how you would have reached that conclusion as town here

but yeah this pretty standard for me and i am pretty unlikely to remain undecided forever and am fairly likely to voice opposition/support and so forth

i guess i do not understand your desire for me to vote - do you believe i am super likely to vote for mafia right now and would like to sheep me, or?
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:39 am

Post by Una »

In post 254, giuseppina wrote:
In post 248, Lucian wrote:
In post 241, giuseppina wrote:no i am saying all of those players are capable of heavy solving and so it becomes very difficult to weigh
Is this talking about only the capability of heavy solving as town, or as heavy solving as either alignment?
well shirou and aristeia are definitely capable of a very downhill sort of solving that is very apparently town that i do not think they’d do as a scums, but are they and you and gamma emerald and una all capable of taking an active solving role as mafia, yeah probably but that doesn’t mean that shouldn’t be the expectation

a) that’s certainly more difficult for you to do as mafia than not doing so, yes?

and

b) it’s probably easier (for me at least) to tell the difference between players doing that as town vs as mafia rather than what everyone has been doing so far

like do i think gamma emerald would be more easily sorted were she taking an active role here? yes
Ok but what if I'm having more fun
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:41 am

Post by Lucian »

In post 265, Aristeia wrote:
this feels somewhat deceptive intentionally because you're only looking at half of a quadrant on purpose
Uh, yes?

seemed to be implying that I'm more likely to be mafia for not efforting. had a similar vibe with the a) point of the post. I don't think that's valid to say about someone who has consistently demonstrated to be able to effort as scum. And I know pina loves meta.

I'm not claiming I should be townread for not efforting.
I, too, have a destiny.

Return to “Completed Open Games”